Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@ 8PM CST: Hopkins vs. Jones II (SPOILERS@ 8:15)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to Jones-Hopkins II. Streaming only allowed through PM's or E-Mails.

Jack

Administrator
EpTXCHAMP
[quote name='Jack 1000' date='Apr 3 2010, 01:15 PM' post='479224']
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to Jones-Hopkins II. Streaming only allowed through PM's or E-Mails.

Jack

Administrator
[/quote

If someone can p.m me a working link please
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I finally broke down and just got the PPV. I read on fightnews that they are going to be extremely agressive on trying to shut down streams. Good luck on finding one, but it won't be easy. The damn pre-show is what got me to purchase this. I still think Jones is going to take this. I've noticed a lot of media members are picking Hopkins, but Jones still has the speed. He'll be more active than Hopkins, and win rounds. I think it could be a good fight, since both are getting old and are past their best.

Best of luck to Jason Litzau tonight also. Make Minnesota proud, and get back into title contention. He can beat Juarez, and I expect him to shine tonight.
EAlbian
Anyone know how to get the promotional code for the tecate if you live outside Colorado Arizona or California
D-MARV
Well... I lost 100 dollars on the Haye fight and I just (probably) pissed away another 50 by ordering this fight.

BUT

A Roy Jones Jr WIN will make it ALL worth it

WAR JONES!!!!!!!!
JLUVBABY
i couldnt bring myself to order this fight and someting tells me imma be wrong for doing so... if someone hasa link please shoot it ya boys way...
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 3 2010, 09:04 PM) *
i couldnt bring myself to order this fight and someting tells me imma be wrong for doing so... if someone hasa link please shoot it ya boys way...

Order it...

Roy Jones needs all the help he can get. (So Sad)
Byrd Man
has the fight started yet?
HaydelHammer
no..they are showing undercard fights still.

Sergio Mora vs Calvin Green about to start
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 3 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Funny, I was feeling the exact same thing except for the fact that I actually ordered this piece of shit. I thought I was going to get the Haye-Ruiz fight. I seriously feel like I just flushed $49.95 down the toilet.
D-MARV
SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Green-Mora is turning out to be one helluva fight!
HaydelHammer
yes it's turning out to be a nice scrap. Phone booth fight.
D-MARV
Mora looks pretty good in there... But he's in there with a C fighter.
The CEO
Ugghhh...it's finally sinkin' in that I bet on Jason Litzau and his chin...lol

I don't know...I feel that he might give an inspired performance being on the undercard of a Jones fight...you can tell he was influenced by him by his style.

All he has to do is stay outside and box for 12 rounds...he's got height and length over Juarez like a motherfucker...hopefully, Juarez is gonna mail this one in and everything falls into place...I noticed he looked soft at the weigh in...
D-MARV
Calvin Green is ALL man... That fucker is getting destroyed but he keeps coming back... Reminds me of Creed-Balboa.
LeeGenius
Sad that I cannot find any bars carrying this. If anyone has a link Id appreciate it greatly.
D-MARV
Good Stoppage!
Michigan Assassin
Litzau was looking pretty good but then took a bullshit way out.

No fucking way that fight should have been stopped on that cut.

I love how the corner ask "was it a headbutt" and then when the ref says yeah they decide to stop it.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOO! Jason Litzau beat Juarez by decision. He boxed pretty well, and didn't get reckless. Juarez really didn't do shit in those middle rounds, and the first two rounds were really close. He may have been coming on after the cut in the 7th, but I don't think Jay was close to going down or anything. I had the fight 68-65 Litzau, and he earned this one. Hopefully this gets him another shot.

Main event next, looking for a good one. I think Roy got this.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 3 2010, 10:20 PM) *
WOOOOO! Jason Litzau beat Juarez by decision. He boxed pretty well, and didn't get reckless. Juarez really didn't do shit in those middle rounds, and the first two rounds were really close. He may have been coming on after the cut in the 7th, but I don't think Jay was close to going down or anything. I had the fight 68-65 Litzau, and he earned this one. Hopefully this gets him another shot.

Main event next, looking for a good one. I think Roy got this.

This is what was so dissapointing about the stoppage because up to that point I thought Litzau was boxing very well.
Michigan Assassin
Roy is making his way to the ring now. Looks like he has his game face on and ready for business.
The CEO
Stage 1 Complete.

COME ON, JONES, YOU KUNTRY MOTHERFUCKER!!
Michigan Assassin
Bernard entering to more boos and cheers (mayber 60/40) to "My Way"
Michigan Assassin
I can't believe I broke down and bought this but what's done is done. Hopefully we just get a good scrap.
Warlord
Haha, who was that guy pumping his fist with Roy? laugh.gif

The only celebrity they could find in the crowd was Kevin Smith. Hilarious.
Warlord
Close first round. Roy looks flat-footed, but he probably did enought to win on the scorecards. Hopkins is gonna break him down over the long-haul though. He's working the body well.
JonnyBlaze
I wasn't about to order this fight..50 bucks to see old men fight on PPV..Whether it's a good fight or not,it's not worth 50 bucks..It just shows how names can make any fight PPV whether they are fighting bums or not..Whoever wins this fight,Hopkins won't be gettin revenge on an old Jones and Jones won't be getting 2 up on B-Hop in my opinion..
Warlord
Round 2 to Hopkins. Roy won't make it past the 4th if he doesn't get busy.
Warlord
Hopkins takes the third off his jab and body work. Roy needs to get busy.

Hopkins up 2 rounds to 1 in my book.
Michigan Assassin
This is shit. But I did it to myself by ordering. Bernard comes in like a motherfucker with his head. Nothing new but still.
Warlord
Round 4 to Hopkins, mainly because Roy just ain't doing shit. What's his fucking problem?
treyes7123
Stream of ruiz/haye had 90k people watching it, 10k watching jones/hopkins. Sad no one even wants to steal this fight.
Warlord
FINALLY Roy throws some punches... and gets uppercutted in the nuts, lol. laugh.gif

Hopkins takes another round. I'm surprised Roy hasn't been shaken more yet. He's taking it to the body.
Warlord
Oh shit.
SmartyBeardo
I feel a DQ comin' on.
Warlord
Roy was actually looking kind of good in that round too.
treyes7123
that rabbit punch was a blessing
Warlord
WOW!!! We got a fight now, but don't forget, Hopkins just took that round 10-8 due to the foul.

Let's see what happens next.
Warlord
Even round there. Kind of a letdown after what we just saw.
Warlord
laugh.gif
Warlord
Hopkins up 6 rounds to 1, with 1 round even.
SmartyBeardo
Just KO his ass for omnipotent being's sake.
Warlord
Close round, I'll give it to Roy just because he finally landed a punch.

Hopkins up 6 rounds to 2, 1 being even.
Warlord
Hopkins should get an Oscar after this fight. He's winning by a wide margin, I don't really think the theatrics are in order at this point.
Warlord
Close round, but I give to Roy. He landed some nice uppercuts in the clinch.

Hopkins up 6 rounds to 3, 1 round even.
Warlord
Haha. Roy playing the game now.
Keith
This is a fucking joke. We all knew RJJ was shot, now we know Hopkins is too.... p4p fighter my ass. Hopkins shouldnt even be in the top 30 at this point.
Warlord
A lot of posturing in that round, but I give it to Hopkins for the flurry he landed... after the bell. laugh.gif

Hops up 7 rounds to 3, 1 round even.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 3 2010, 11:29 PM) *
This is a fucking joke. We all knew RJJ was shot, now we know Hopkins is too.... p4p fighter my ass. Hopkins shouldnt even be in the top 20 at this point.

Welcome to the real world.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Welcome to the real world.

I've been on here for a while saying Hopkins is currently overated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.