Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FightHype receives threat if we do a live round-by-round
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
thehype
LOL!

WOW!!!

I knew PPV sales were going to be bad, but I didn't think they'd be so bad where they felt they needed to threaten a website with no more credentials if they do a live round-by-round. Unbelievable.

And the funny thing is that I feel like we were the only one's who were threatened because Lem Satterfield of AOL Fanhouse is still doing one. In fact, there's quite a few other sites doing them:

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/04/03/bern...-round-updates/

http://news.gofightlive.tv/2010/04/follow-...round-by-round/

http://www.15rounds.com/early-results-from...310/#more-13277

laugh.gif

I'll be in chat!

http://www.fighthype.com/community/chat/flashchat.php
JD
What a joke.
SmartyBeardo
Fuck those hapless bastards. Promote a decent fight you bunch of skirts.
TRU
Amazing... simply... AMAZING.
thisneverworks
Did they send you a letter or something? Let's see it!

Absolutely ridiculous.
D-MARV
Still can't get over this. LOL
JonnyBlaze
Must of been Leon who set you up..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That's really lame for them to do that. You weren't showing the fight illegaly, and you really weren't doing anything wrong. Anybody can get on a message board and read a round by round on different sites. I guess these pieces of shit want message boards shut down on fight night. This just really reflects poorly on the sport. I mean if they really that worried about revenue and expenses, why not just promote a good fight that people are interested in. They made the choice to go ahead with this, and it may have flopped...Deal with it Golden Boy. Don't turn away people who are intesrested in the sport, because the fan base isn't as huge as it once was.
The CEO
GBP Hate Vehicle comin' soon...

They've been beggin' for it.
d843
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 3 2010, 11:26 PM) *
& I can't believe I turned down pussy to watch this piece of shit fight!I WANT MY DADDYS RECORDS BACK ! BITCH ! FUCK THEM PIECE OF SHIT FUCKS!couldn't have been me,I would've put the shit up anyway.
thehype
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Apr 4 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Did they send you a letter or something? Let's see it!

Absolutely ridiculous.

If I see you doing round-by-round tonight I can tell you I'll never credential you for any of my fights again. I see you are promoting that. Bad for business. Why should you get a credential if that's what you're doing?

laugh.gif

Why should we get a credential? Really?? I really have to answer that for you???
Byrd Man
looooooooooooool.

"if you don't play ball we won't credential you for the next piece of shit fight we put on between two 40+ year olds."

ha ha.
AussieLad
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 05:26 AM) *

Exactly

I think Murad Muhammad pretty much summed it up for me in a recent fighthype article when he was boasting about what a good promoter he is. He said "We take that is insignificant, magnify it to be significant, and sell it to the world despite its insignificance"

Whilst he was congratulating himself, i think the above statement deserves a Bernard Hopkins style punch to the nuts whilst the ref isnt watching. No fuck that, a Ricky Hatton vs Tszyu outright vicious punch to the nuts while everyone is watching... Basically he is saying he is happy to screw the public, and with short sited-ness, screw future and current fans for a few bucks. You can only sell so much snake oil in one town before the locals run you out of it with pitch forks and fire

The fact is, hopkins vs jones jr at this stage of their careers should not have been PPV

His attitude is symptomatic of all that is wrong with boxing
JD
GBP is changing boxing for the better.
salvador
Do you think there was any connection between this ban and the fact that Fighthype pointed out on its front page that nobody was buying tickets?

I'm with CEO, Fuck GBP for putting this piece of shit on PPV. They deserve a hatewagon for what they're doing to boxing. They're just as bad for boxing as King, Arum, HBO or anyone else. Just another gangster in a corrupt business.

Jack 1000
What a bunch of bullshit!

We have done NOTHING wrong! WTF? We can't talk and chat about a fight on Fight Night?!!!

Seriously, this is FUCKED UP!!!!

I think promoters and sponsors should think about the positive credibility and the coming together of people internationally. WE help THEM promote the boxing through on-line communities like this. Internet communications, sponsors, and revenues, from the WORLD do everything to build and enhance our community in a positive way.

Boxing thrives on the Internet and seriously in these tough times needs the Internet as an essential tool for effective promotion and communication. But if the elements of a promotion are not good, or we believe a fight has no business as a PPV, I think sites like ours have a responsibility and a commitment to educate and inform the public about the good, fair, bad, and ugly, of this sport.

I mean WTF are we supposed to do? Jump up and down, scream and yell. Cheer accolades for a PPV $50 fight between two old farts who's glory days have long past? Promoters have to take the good with the bad in boxing. That's part of this business.

Jack
thisneverworks
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 4 2010, 01:44 AM) *
laugh.gif

Why should we get a credential? Really?? I really have to answer that for you???

I don't understand how an entire sport can be so collectively dumb. Maybe Dana White can start his own boxing league, organize the fighters, show how to promote those fights, and show how to get everybody interested again.

I had thought GBP may be looking to do something like that but no, it appears they are just as dumb and shortsighted as everybody else. DLH should either become more hands on it and pay something back to a sport that made him incredibly rich or he should remove his name because he is no better than Arum or King with Scaheffer at the helm.

Assholes.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 4 2010, 06:51 AM) *
Cheer accolades for a PPV $50 fight between two old farts who's glory days have long past?

$50??? I paid $60 for that pile of shit.

I hope Hokins fights Haye and Mora fights somebody his size with a pulse, so those two can be put to sleep.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 4 2010, 06:24 AM) *
GBP is changing boxing for the better.

How so?

What is the difference between GBP and a ho's stanky twat at 4am? Educate me, please.

QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 4 2010, 06:24 AM) *
Do you think there was any connection between this ban and the fact that Fighthype pointed out on its front page that nobody was buying tickets?

I'm with CEO, Fuck GBP for putting this piece of shit on PPV. They deserve a hatewagon for what they're doing to boxing. They're just as bad for boxing as King, Arum, HBO or anyone else. Just another gangster in a corrupt business.

I got some fucken news for Gross Backdoor Prostitutions; I was about to drop significant G-force on your PBF v SSM ingrown toenail of an event, but your twat stanks so rankly that I'll just catch it for free on my far nicer hotel's giant screen.

Thanks for waking me up by spreading your snapper and smearing FightHype with your stankiness.
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 08:12 AM) *
How so?

What is the difference between GBP and a ho's stanky twat at 4am? Educate me, please.

Not only that, the Hopkins - Jones fight was interesting, action-packed, and good for the sport.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 4 2010, 07:27 AM) *
Not only that, the Hopkins - Jones fight was interesting, action-packed, and good for the sport.

TouFreakinche.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 4 2010, 01:18 AM) *
GBP Hate Vehicle comin' soon...

They've been beggin' for it.

smile_anim.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 01:12 PM) *
How so?

Lol! Maybe JD should teach you how to read sarcasm the first you see one.
EpTXCHAMP
Hype I say when the lousy ppv numbers are released you, should put Gbp promotions on blast with a nice front page story smile.gif
Snoop
Took uncharacteristically long for this fight to be released on the torrent circuit. WTF is up with the over-protection of his fight?
Provo209
Fuck Oscar and GBP..that's some stupid shit..Hype you should of wrote them back and just put "MAN FUCK YOU"LOL......

And to think I was about to go 2 the movie theatre last nite to watch this piece of shit fight LOL, damn im glad I got keyed LOL.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Apr 4 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Lol! Maybe JD should teach you how to read sarcasm the first you see one.

Go back to your hole before you get decapitated, grammar major.
KookedKrack
Hype I'll take one for the team and suicide bomb GBP headquarters as long as Shane is not in the building. ph34r.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 4 2010, 03:06 PM) *
Hype I'll take one for the team and suicide bomb GBP headquarters as long as Shane is not in the building. ph34r.gif

Sorry, Jimi, you're too valuable to the team.

Let the nasty old hobo crawl up their ass and yank the dead stankfish into the light of day.
Thegreatequalizer
gotta say that this is completely stupid. round by round coverage of the fights has been going on since the beginning. it's THE original way for people who weren't at the fights to understand what happened at the fight. and is actually the original reason i joined this chat site in the first place. i just can't afford to buy most of the ppvs. i really don't think anyone is getting away with anything by posting/reading round by round coverage. i assume that all the protection of the hopkins/jones 2 fight is because sales were so dismal that they had to figure some way to get people to watch the fight.

by the way, i always appreciate it when people do round by round coverage for fights, whether it's the staff or the members here. it makes for more detailed and interesting discussion afterwards, which is, of course, what all us boxing fans want to do on a boxing chat site! hopefully you won't be blacklisted for doing your job, hype!
Byrd Man
Too few people call out GBP over their bullshit. They came into the game talking about how they were going to change shit up and do things right, and a lot of people (myself included) was dumb enough to believe them.

Then Oscar bought the Ring Magazine which could quite possible done more to turn people against him than anything he's done.

Then there's that hypocrisy between how they backed Floyd on the "NSAC isn't good enough" stuff, while they refused to do anything BUT what NSAC said when Judah wanted blood tests from Shane (who had actually admitted to taking PED's).

I mean the laundry list of complaints against GBP could go on and on for days, if someone wanted to make a list.

And yet too few people call them out because they don't wanna lose credentials or whatever.

At least Hype called it how he saw it in that article.
pcraw
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Apr 4 2010, 11:09 AM) *
Hype I say when the lousy ppv numbers are released you, should put Gbp promotions on blast with a nice front page story smile.gif

Ep, we will never see those numbers my friend!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 4 2010, 04:17 PM) *
Too few people call out GBP over their bullshit. They came into the game talking about how they were going to change shit up and do things right, and a lot of people (myself included) was dumb enough to believe them.

Then Oscar bought the Ring Magazine which could quite possible done more to turn people against him than anything he's done.

Then there's that hypocrisy between how they backed Floyd on the "NSAC isn't good enough" stuff, while they refused to do anything BUT what NSAC said when Judah wanted blood tests from Shane (who had actually admitted to taking PED's).

I mean the laundry list of complaints against GBP could go on and on for days, if someone wanted to make a list.

And yet too few people call them out because they don't wanna lose credentials or whatever.

At least Hype called it how he saw it in that article.

Maxboxing has called them out but they seem pretty shummy with Arum so maybe they are biased as well. Then again, who isn't?
Spyder
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 4 2010, 05:23 PM) *
Maxboxing has called them out but they seem pretty shummy with Arum so maybe they are biased as well. Then again, who isn't?

Maxboxing called them out, but Dougie was color commentator?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 4 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Dougie is not with Maxboxing anymore. He's with "Golden Boy" Ring... I mean "The Ring"
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 4 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Dougie is not with Maxboxing anymore. He's with "Golden Boy" Ring... I mean "The Ring"

Did not know that...is Steve Kim still over there?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 4 2010, 05:53 PM) *
Did not know that...is Steve Kim still over there?

Yup.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 4 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Ep, we will never see those numbers my friend!

lol after my post I realized that GBP would probably keep the numbers to themselves too....

Either way hope Hype does someting on the front page because some needs to speak up against GBP
Byrd Man
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Apr 4 2010, 07:00 PM) *
lol after my post I realized that GBP would probably keep the numbers to themselves too....

Either way hope Hype does someting on the front page because some needs to speak up against GBP

Don't they HAVE to release the #'s? Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong.

And Hype DID write something in the Hopkins/Jones Jr. breakdown on the front page.
Spyder
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 4 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Don't they HAVE to release the #'s? Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong.

And Hype DID write something in the Hopkins/Jones Jr. breakdown on the front page.

Only if it's a publicly traded company.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 4 2010, 10:43 PM) *

Dougie Fisher sucks as a color commentator. At least from the 20 mins or so I watched of the fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 4 2010, 10:20 PM) *
Dougie Fisher sucks as a color commentator. At least from the 20 mins or so I watched of the fight.

He was horrendous. The whole fucking crew was. I hate Tessitore.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 5 2010, 02:31 AM) *
He was horrendous. The whole fucking crew was. I hate Tessitore.

Tessitore is little more than Teddy Atlas' jockstrap rider. And Teddy's' arrogance and conceitedness really takes the fun out of ESPN boxing. I never thought I would say this, but Max Kellerman since joining HBO has shown improvement. Sure HBO is still under the habit of pom-poming the Olympian or house fighter, but at least Lamps is good when a fight is great.

Teddy and Joe are just annoying all the time regardless of how good the fight is. However, I think Atlas seems to be a good boxing writer. A better writer than talker. He does seem very blunt and direct. No pom-poming for Atlas, who has to have everything his way. Joe is intimidated by him. HBO is really becoming little more than a pom-pom squad for their house fighters. They should do what Showtime is doing and get a tournament going in the other divisions rather than try to build stars from mediocre fights.

Damn! I miss Lou Dibella's matchmaking over at HBO!

Jack
D-MARV
Antonio Tarver is pound for pound the top boxing commentator in the game.
Method
I thought Doug actually was a lot more relaxed, and comfortable in front of the camera than when he had first started. I didn't think he was bad. Admittedly, i have not watched the full broadcast yet, but just some of the lead up commentary, so maybe I'll change my mind.
salvador
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 5 2010, 09:28 AM) *
I thought Doug actually was a lot more relaxed, and comfortable in front of the camera than when he had first started. I didn't think he was bad. Admittedly, i have not watched the full broadcast yet, but just some of the lead up commentary, so maybe I'll change my mind.

I thought Doug was fine. He's obviously a huge fan first and he's articulate and he's calming down. He's never going to be a great blow by blow guy, but he's definitely adequate and will undoubtedly improve going forward.

Boxing is extremely lucky to have so many great commentators relative to any other sport I can think of. The whole HBO team (excluding Lewis) is as good as it gets in sports and I think Tessitore and Atlas are also very solid.

Gus Johnson and Steve Albert need to go.
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 5 2010, 03:28 PM) *

It wasn't that he wasn't relaxed or awkward, but actually quite the opposite. During the few exchanges that actually happened the fight, Dougie was casually talking about some opinion he had on some vaguely related matter rather than actually commenting on the action in the ring. It was just annoying for me to see him sit there and value the exhibition of his knowledge over making the fight more engaging for the fans.
Method

Gotcha. Like I said, I didn't catch the actual broadcast of the fight yet, but rather all the preview stuff leading into.
Byrd Man
Can someone explain to me how doing a round by round during a fight harms the fight? How it takes money away from them? Are GBP or whoever insinuating that by FH doing a round by round, that somehow that prevents people from buying the fight...AFTER IT STARTS?

I don't quite get it.
Snoop
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.