Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intervention:Rocky Lockridge
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
I meant to get this topic up yesterday but got busy. Better late than never.

Did any of you see the last episode of Intervention on A&E? If not try to catch the replay as it was a very powerful episode. It showed former Super Featherweight Champion Rocky Lockridge, who was homeless and smoking crack and estranged from his family.

I think he is still clean, though it's only been a few months since the intervention. I sure hope he can keep it together as his children really derserve it....BUT....so does he as well.

He's got to tap into that energy and emotion that made him a champion and apply it toward his daily life....

Here's to hoping he can sustain sobriety.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 7 2010, 01:19 PM) *
I meant to get this topic up yesterday but got busy. Better late than never.

Did any of you see the last episode of Intervention on A&E? If not try to catch the replay as it was a very powerful episode. It showed former Super Featherweight Champion Rocky Lockridge, who was homeless and smoking crack and estranged from his family.

I think he is still clean, though it's only been a few months since the intervention. I sure hope he can keep it together as his children really derserve it....BUT....so does he as well.

He's got to tap into that energy and emotion that made him a champion and apply it toward his daily life....

Here's to hoping he can sustain sobriety.

Sadly, this has been a reality for many boxers post retirement. Everyone wants to be around them when they're the best but once it's all over they turn there backs and leave them in the dust
kidbazooka1
When did it come on?
MarzB
I'm glad this was brought up. It's funny how people will criticize a comment such as "Legacy doesn't pay bills". Exhibit 156 to show it doesn't. It's NOT the most kindest statement but when you have stories like Rocky (one of my favs) and Tommy Hearns having to hock his memorabilia in light of his tax issues, it's hard to believe people don't want to believe that.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 8 2010, 12:52 AM) *
When did it come on?

This past Monday on A&E.

It was the start of the new season....so you may be able to view it on their website.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 8 2010, 10:42 AM) *
I'm glad this was brought up. It's funny how people will criticize a comment such as "Legacy doesn't pay bills". Exhibit 156 to show it doesn't. It's NOT the most kindest statement but when you have stories like Rocky (one of my favs) and Tommy Hearns having to hock his memorabilia in light of his tax issues, it's hard to believe people don't want to believe that.

laugh.gif

You still found a way to bring Mayweather up!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 8 2010, 05:17 PM) *
laugh.gif

Congratulations ROLL! I was close to jumping on that but after the overreaction in the nuthugger thread I left it. Glad someone else noticed tho!!!
MarzB
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 8 2010, 12:17 PM) *
laugh.gif

Looks like you're acting like a little kid (not surprising) as opposed to adding to the topic at hand. I also mentioned Thomas Hearns, you want more?? I understand the sandbox is closed and recess is over and you need attention. But please let the adults speak or else I'll put you in the corner the next time you show your ass ok??

In other words contribute or move the fuck on seriously. Schit is getting real old.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:28 AM) *
This past Monday on A&E.

It was the start of the new season....so you may be able to view it on their website.

Thanks.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Apr 8 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Looks like you're acting like a little kid (not surprising) as opposed to adding to the topic at hand. I also mentioned Thomas Hearns, you want more?? I understand the sandbox is closed and recess is over and you need attention. But please let the adults speak or else I'll put you in the corner the next time you show your ass ok??

In other words contribute or move the fuck on seriously. Schit is getting real old.

Ok...I'll contribute.

That's a shame, I wish fighters didn't end up like that - it's a real sad story. There are too many boxers - world famous fighters who entertained millions and are used by the industry to make money - who once have served their purpose are tossed to the side and the money grabbers forget about them.

Now can I mock you for bring Mayweather up? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.