Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Vs Matthew Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
giovanni1
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Vs Matthew Hatton

[size="3"][/size]This is one of the Mayweather Vs Mosley Under Card Fights What do you guys think about this fight??
Is it Going to be any good?
D-MARV
I like it as long as we never here from the loser again...

BUT, I'm pretty sure Alvarez is fighting Miguel Cotto's brother.
mexi-cutioner
IMO Golden Boy usually does a good job of promoting their young prospects, but from watching a few fights on youtube Saul Alvarez is extremely overrated and i think he will lose once he faces a decent boxer with head movement/ good ringmanship...that being said, if the Hatton fight does happen I can see it being highly competitive and Alvarez winning a close fight, possibly even getting a gift decisoin.

Boxrec currently has him fighting jose cotto and i think that's a fight he can very well win since Cotto is a much shorter, smaller guy spending the majority of his career at 135 and he's also been fairly inactive over the past few years
Provo209
Stop the hating bro , your just hating cause he's Mexican and as we can see you don't like Mexicans.

He's a good up and coming prospect ,he's young,quick throws a nice right hand and knows how to finish. And don't be like well who has he fought ,he's a up and comer give this kid couple of years and he will be a contender.I bet he beats any up and coming GOOK out there at his weight...
giovanni1
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Apr 7 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Stop the hating bro , your just hating cause he's Mexican and as we can see you don't like Mexicans.

He's a good up and coming prospect ,he's young,quick throws a nice right hand and knows how to finish. And don't be like well who has he fought ,he's a up and comer give this kid couple of years and he will be a contender.I bet he beats any up and coming GOOK out there at his weight...

im with u
kidbazooka1
I think Alvarez is the real deal but there's no need to rush him he;s only 19 yrs old a figh with Mathew hatton would make a good win but GBP seems to wanna rush the kid don't know why.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Apr 7 2010, 06:42 PM) *

well, imo from wathcing a few recent fights of him he doesn't look very quick at all, but i agree he does have a good right and he finishes his opponents off well. He still leaves himself way too open to get hit and he does get hit quite alot but he does have a good chin from what i've seen. Mike Jones beats Alvarez and if Shawn Porter does move down to welter like expected he also takes out Saul Alvarez with ease.

And NO, I don't dislike mexicans, Fernando Montiel and Juan Man Marquez are a few of my fav current fighters and Erik Morales was one of the first few fighters I really enjoyed and became a fan of when I was younger. Mexi-cutioner is one of Pacman's monickers from back in the day and i thought it sounded cool when i was younger which is why I made it my username
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Apr 7 2010, 06:42 PM) *

well, imo from wathcing a few recent fights of him he doesn't look very quick at all, but i agree he does have a good right and he finishes his opponents off well. He still leaves himself way too open to get hit and he does get hit quite alot but he does have a good chin from what i've seen. Mike Jones beats Alvarez and if Shawn Porter does move down to welter like expected he also takes out Saul Alvarez with ease.

And NO, I don't dislike mexicans, Fernando Montiel and Juan Man Marquez are a few of my fav current fighters and Erik Morales was one of the first few fighters I really enjoyed and became a fan of when I was younger. Mexi-cutioner is one of Pacman's monickers from back in the day and i thought it sounded cool when i was younger which is why I made it my username
frankypc
You are right, Canelo is fighting Miguel Cotto's brother next which in itself i think its a bad idea since Jose Miguel if he trains hard is a live dog in there. Canelo is young, they should develop him more. But well only time will tell if they are rushing him or not.
Rivado
Canelo is a puncher and many times the subtleties of this fighting style get overlooked when gauging a fighter's talent level. But hey a fight is a fight and a fighter is a fighter.

I lean more towards "rendering your opponent senseless for 10 seconds" as the object of the game but "hitting without getting hit" can be entertaining as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.