Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike Tyson vs. James Toney
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
King Eugene
For some reason this popped in my mind today. The Prime Tyson vs. the James Toney who beat Evander. I would think that Tyson would blitz him early and get him out of there but at the same time Toney wasn't the easiest cat to hit. Another question that I came up with is would Toney have the power to keep Tyson off of him? I believe if Toney could manage to stay alive in the first 6 rounds he had a good chance at a decision or a late stoppage.
STEVENSKI
I would enjoy it. Toney gets stopped & is still shit talking when he is on his back.
BigG
Tyson by decision.
PR316
I think Mike sooner or later catches him and takes him out. Toney stands right there and eventually he would get caught with something serious that would take him out.

This is young Mike we are speaking of right??... And this is old Toney.....

Tyson KO 5

D-MARV
"Lights Out" gets his lights turned out.
JonnyBlaze
Toney would be landing more shots and gettin Tyson off balance when he leaps in with punches..In the end Tyson wins but I'd want Toney to win..I doubt Toney gets KO'd since he'd be makin the shots graze him,not land flush.

What version of Tyson would be fighting Toney??If it's an older Tyson,I'd go with Toney..A younger version of Tyson and I think it'd go the way I said up top..
D-MARV
He said "Prime Tyson".

NO WAY a FAT James Toney lasts 12 rounds with a prime Tyson... NO WAY!

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2010, 07:33 PM) *
He said "Prime Tyson".

NO WAY a FAT James Toney lasts 12 rounds with a prime Tyson... NO WAY!

Toney wasn't really fat in the Holy fight..He was more bulked up than fat..In his last few fights,he was just fight..Being as tall as he is combined with 217 lbs,of course he is going to have some fat over his muscle(what bulk is)..

I think he would of been able to go 12 rounds..To be as relaxed as he is in the ring,that adds so many more rounds to your stamina..I've noticed that a lot more when I spar now that I've focused on being relaxed with my punches outside the ring and with everything else like defense and movement..Before,I'd get a lot more tired and I didn't even know I was tense..It's something not taught or focused on these days..Or atleast not by any of my past trainers..All I know is,when ya throw a punch,it should feel like nothing just happened..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 9 2010, 08:58 PM) *
Toney wasn't really fat in the Holy fight..He was more bulked up than fat..In his last few fights,he was just fight..Being as tall as he is combined with 217 lbs,of course he is going to have some fat over his muscle(what bulk is)..

I think he would of been able to go 12 rounds..To be as relaxed as he is in the ring,that adds so many more rounds to your stamina..I've noticed that a lot more when I spar now that I've focused on being relaxed with my punches outside the ring and with everything else like defense and movement..Before,I'd get a lot more tired and I didn't even know I was tense..It's something not taught or focused on these days..Or atleast not by any of my past trainers..All I know is,when ya throw a punch,it should feel like nothing just happened..

Unless he counters and you get punched in the face at the same time. laugh.gif

The Toney that faced Holyfield was pretty good but no where as good as the middleweight Toney. With his style he would have stood right in front of Tyson, slipping, ducking, and rolling...........till he rolled into a monster ass hook and flip the light switched DOWN!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 04:16 AM) *
Unless he counters and you get punched in the face at the same time. laugh.gif

The Toney that faced Holyfield was pretty good but no where as good as the middleweight Toney. With his style he would have stood right in front of Tyson, slipping, ducking, and rolling...........till he rolled into a monster ass hook and flip the light switched DOWN!

Of course Toney wasn't as good as he was at super middle..I don't see Toney gettin KO'd though..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 10 2010, 04:22 AM) *
Of course Toney wasn't as good as he was at super middle..I don't see Toney gettin KO'd though..

You will should he land the Haye fight and he wont go the distance with the Klits either. Yet I still want to see it just to be proven wrong.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 05:50 AM) *
You will should he land the Haye fight and he wont go the distance with the Klits either. Yet I still want to see it just to be proven wrong.

He won't get KO'd against Haye but would against Wlad but I don't think Vitali..Wlad's speed would allow him to land bombs..Toney now could get KO'd but when he first moved to heavyweight,I don't think so..His reflexes were still there for the most part..
ROLL DEEP
Toney, with his defensive slipping and sliding, would be hard to hit, but Tyson would end up catching him.

I think Toney would cause Tyson to become really frustrated - he'd tie Tyson up and not give Mike the distance to get his shots off, but Tyson would eventually find a way and Toney would've never been hit has quick or as hard as a prime Mike.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 11 2010, 04:47 AM) *
Toney, with his defensive slipping and sliding, would be hard to hit, but Tyson would end up catching him.

I think Toney would cause Tyson to become really frustrated - he'd tie Tyson up and not give Mike the distance to get his shots off, but Tyson would eventually find a way and Toney would've never been hit has quick or as hard as a prime Mike.

As quick??Roy had more speed than Tyson..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 11 2010, 01:54 PM) *
As quick??Roy had more speed than Tyson..

and Roy was touching Toney with ease. I think Toney "MAY" have landed two significant punches that whole fight.
Big Slim Sweet
Prime Tyson vs 35-year old James Toney isn't right. I believe Toney would have been able to go the distance but he'd lose a lopsided decision, and probably go down once or twice before it was over as well. He'd slip and counter and frustrate Tyson for a few rounds but his lack of power would likely keep Tyson from getting too discouraged and eventually Tyson would figure out a way to start connecting with some shots. He's not knocking Lights Out out though. Holyfield caught Toney flush a few times those first few rounds and James didn't flinch. Obviously prime Tyson hits a lot harder and faster than that version of Holyfield but Toney's chin, even at heavyweight, is granite.

Now, had Toney and Tyson actually fought in 2003-2004, JT would have beat the tattoo off his face. He would have humiliated Mike and probably made him quit around 6-7.
Douchebag
This doesn't seem like a fair fight.
Douchebag
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 14 2010, 08:11 AM) *
This doesn't seem like a fair fight.

I don't think Toney would be crazy enough to even enter in the HW division with Prime Tyson in it.
grapevine241
toney like 116-112 because tyson would give up the later rounds when toney would come on. i dont think either guy would get hurt in the fight. tyson would never intimidate toney.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 04:50 AM) *
and Roy was touching Toney with ease. I think Toney "MAY" have landed two significant punches that whole fight.

Hahahaha..You just had to add this in even though it meant nothing for the thread..I said Roy was faster and I get this..Roy was a lot faster than Tyson..So how does this play into Toney/Tyson??I also don't think that Roy was touching Toney with ease..Do you have stats on the fight??Not made up stats like you'd like to put up..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 14 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Hahahaha..You just had to add this in even though it meant nothing for the thread..I said Roy was faster and I get this..Roy was a lot faster than Tyson..So how does this play into Toney/Tyson??I also don't think that Roy was touching Toney with ease..Do you have stats on the fight??Not made up stats like you'd like to put up..

With EASE!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 15 2010, 01:15 AM) *

With EASE!!!

I didn't see ease there..He landed some but also had a lot blocked or slipped..Bring me stats,not 1:55 minutes or a fight..I could put a clip of 1:55 seconds of a shitty ass fight on here and make it look like a lot happened..BRING ME STATS!!!Does anyone have stats for that fight??
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 15 2010, 01:40 AM) *
I didn't see ease there..He landed some but also had a lot blocked or slipped..Bring me stats,not 1:55 minutes or a fight..I could put a clip of 1:55 seconds of a shitty ass fight on here and make it look like a lot happened..BRING ME STATS!!!Does anyone have stats for that fight??

1:12

I cant find the results after the 12th round but best believe I'm still looking and like I said before...with EASE!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 15 2010, 02:37 AM) *

1:12

I cant find the results after the 12th round but best believe I'm still looking and like I said before...with EASE!

Guess I can't say much other than 47% speaks for itself..It's been awhile since I've seen the fight since I didn't like it that much because of how different Toney looks in this fight..All I wanted were stats..I'd assume the stats kept getting better through out the fight since I'm pretty sure Toney did a decent job in the early rounds defensively..Toney's 36% isn't all that bad either..

I stand corrected..

Also,I'm disappointed in Lil-bitchedout in this thread..I coulda used some back up here and he stayed away..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 15 2010, 02:45 AM) *
Guess I can't say much other than 47% speaks for itself..It's been awhile since I've seen the fight since I didn't like it that much because of how different Toney looks in this fight..All I wanted were stats..I'd assume the stats kept getting better through out the fight since I'm pretty sure Toney did a decent job in the early rounds defensively..Toney's 36% isn't all that bad either..

I stand corrected..

Also,I'm disappointed in Lil-bitchedout in this thread..I coulda used some back up here and he stayed away..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.