Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley V Maidana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised by several strong sources that an agreement was reached for Timothy Bradley (25-0, 11KOS) to defend his WBO junior welterweight title against Marcos Maidana (28-1, 27KOs), the WBA's interim-champion, on June 19 with HBO televising. The venue is being finalized and should be revealed in the next couple of days.

Bradley was originally scheduled to make his HBO debut against Luis Carlos Abregu in a welterweight contest, and Maidana appeared to be on course for a showdown with WBC champion Devon Alexander in August. Golden Boy Promotions and Bradley's promoter Gary Shaw were unavailable for comment.

Courtesy of boxingscene.

What do you all think? I'm still not overly impressed with Bradley, but I see Maidana being badly exposed in this one with very little (punchers) chance of success.
The CEO
How can you NOT appreciate Bradley?....Maidana ain't no Sunday drive...

He'll have to box his best again to get the job done...
lloyd mayflower
Dont get me wrong I think Bradley is goin to be damn hard to beat, and I certainly dont think Maidana is the man to do it. I'm just not particularly high on Bradley.
The CEO
I was sayin' that in general...not to you...

The dude's a gamer...he don't know how to spell the word, "duck".
Romulus9
I think the case not only could but should be made that Bradley is top 3 or 4 pound-for-pound. Maidana has had a nice run here, and may have started the ruin of Victor Ortiz (that ruin that Nate Campbell will probably finish), but Bradley is THE MAN at 140.

I'm looking forward to that fight, don't get me wrong, but Bradley is one of my favorite fighters to watch because guys like him ARE the sport of boxing at its core.
D-MARV
Bradley will win this fight fairly easy BUT I give him credit for his willingness to clean out the division. Alexander should fight Khan/Malignaggi winner then we have outselves a Blockbuster fight in the 140lb division.
Romulus9
I think that's a critical point, D-MARV. So many people are clamoring for the Bradley-Alexander fight to happen by the end of the year and I couldn't disagree more. We need big fights, and allowing Bradley and Alexander to both continue winning, building resumes, and gaining speed on their collision course will only make that fight bigger and better when it happens. Doing it now is far too early.

Give it a year, or 18 months, and allow another 2 or 3 or 4 wins for each guy.

Let's see how Khan-Malignaggi plays out before any BIG plans at 140 are made...
flazi
i couldn't agree more about bradley-alexander. They both need more time to fight others before they are pitted against each other. Maidana is no joke, he has some serious power, it won't be easy for bradley but his class should see him thru.
Michigan Assassin
Bradley has been dropped or buzzed in several of his fights. He should be able to box Maidana's ears off but I don't think Bradley punches as hard as Victor Ortiz and he wasn't able to keep Marcos off of him.

I can't wait for this fight because they both come to fight and it should be a good scrap.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Apr 8 2010, 02:36 PM) *
I think that's a critical point, D-MARV. So many people are clamoring for the Bradley-Alexander fight to happen by the end of the year and I couldn't disagree more. We need big fights, and allowing Bradley and Alexander to both continue winning, building resumes, and gaining speed on their collision course will only make that fight bigger and better when it happens. Doing it now is far too early.

Give it a year, or 18 months, and allow another 2 or 3 or 4 wins for each guy.

Let's see how Khan-Malignaggi plays out before any BIG plans at 140 are made...

Agreed!

This fight should simmer... Let them collect belts then unify some time in 2011.
Keith
This will be a great scrap. These guys will meet and exchange until one falls.
Lil-lightsout
Bradley would easily outbox Maidana, he just got to hope he does not get caught with a big punch and get hurt. Bradley is definitely one of my new favorite fighters right now.
Snoop
I see Bradley taking this one pretty easily. The skillsets just aren't comparable IMO.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think this fight would be fairly close. I don't know where people are getting that Bradley is going to outbox Maidana. I get he has the speed advantage and all that, but I've never really seen him move around the ring much. From what I've seen he likes to come forward and throw a high volume of shots (Witter, Rangel, Cherry...). I know Holt was able to put him down in their match with his big shots. Maidana can break fighters down, and he has a lot of power behind those shots. I see Bradley winning a decision in this fight. However, I also seeing him tasting canvas at least once during the match. He'll outwork Maidana and he'll get through with that speed, but Maidana will catch him too.
mexi-cutioner
Maidana's only loss came to Kotelnik who has a pretty decent set of boxing skills. However, Tim Bradley is a way more athletic and a better technical boxer than Kotelnik. I can see Tim Bradley winning a fairly comfortable UD by the scores of 116-112 in an entertaining scrap, or possibly even by late stoppage
D-MARV
Maidana has become overrated. He's an exciting fighter with heart. Bradley OWNS him.
Douchebag
This fight will look like Alexander Vs. Urango.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 8 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Agreed!

This fight should simmer... Let them collect belts then unify some time in 2011.

Nice idea., but you know the alphabet organizations would strip them before they could do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.