Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steward training Cotto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROLL DEEP
Anyone else heard this?

Say's he wants Cotto to regain his 'Sharpness' and do the things he used to do so well.

Can Manny help him out?
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Apr 8 2010, 03:38 PM) *
Anyone else heard this?

Say's he wants Cotto to regain his 'Sharpness' and do the things he used to do so well.

Can Manny help him out?

Maybe he can tighten up that leaky defense and show him how to throw a right hand.

That said, Cotto is DONE....
Big Slim Sweet
I expect Manny to give Cotto the same sort of help he gave Taylor.

None.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 8 2010, 05:10 PM) *
I expect Manny to give Cotto the same sort of help he gave Taylor.

None.

and Cintron and Chavez.
KookedKrack
How does this guy keep getting work?
Fitz
I may be in the minority here, but I don't think he can make Cotto any worse. The difference between Taylor and Cintron is that Cotto is better than them. I think Cotto can box pretty well when he boxes. He isn't a boxing wizard by any means, but is solid all round, he can box and fight. He is just solid very all round.
The problem with Cotto was that he was too brave, he didn't know when he should box, or chose to fight.
With Steward, hopefully he can teach Cotto to box a little more, and Cotto being Cotto he will always have the fighters instinct more. I don't think much was wrong with Cotto, but he doesn't know when to box. Guys like Pacquiao and Margarito are guys he should have boxed with, but tried to prove he was stronger which was a big mistake.
Cotto doesn't need to learn too many new skills, he needs guidance and the right advice, and he needs to have the discipline to do as he is told, even if it means to not get macho and box rather than fight that he is so used to.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 9 2010, 02:43 AM) *
I may be in the minority here, but I don't think he can make Cotto any worse. The difference between Taylor and Cintron is that Cotto is better than them. I think Cotto can box pretty well when he boxes. He isn't a boxing wizard by any means, but is solid all round, he can box and fight. He is just solid very all round.
The problem with Cotto was that he was too brave, he didn't know when he should box, or chose to fight.
With Steward, hopefully he can teach Cotto to box a little more, and Cotto being Cotto he will always have the fighters instinct more. I don't think much was wrong with Cotto, but he doesn't know when to box. Guys like Pacquiao and Margarito are guys he should have boxed with, but tried to prove he was stronger which was a big mistake.
Cotto doesn't need to learn too many new skills, he needs guidance and the right advice, and he needs to have the discipline to do as he is told, even if it means to not get macho and box rather than fight that he is so used to.

Yeah, kind of what I was thinking.

I mean, Cotto is a strong, solid all rounder who should systematically wear his opponents down behind his strong jab and body work.

LoneRyu
i hope he does i really enjoy cottos style. i fucking hate margarito. i dont like arum for sticking by either. hopefully he wins this title and keeps it for a while. i wouldnt mind if manny came up to 154 if cotto wins and trys to fight him then with out any catchweights. that fight would end differently than the last
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.