Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hype is Nostradamus
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ June 24 2005, 07.00 AM) *
Did I say TKO9?

I don't know...I might change that to Mayweather TKO6.

QUOTE (thehype @ June 24 2005, 07.16 AM) *
Actually...yeah...put it in the books!

Mayweather TKO6

QUOTE (thehype @ June 24 2005, 06.10 PM) *
On June 24, 1995, Roy Jones Jr. put on a masterful display of boxing skills en route to a sixth round stoppage over Vinny Pazienza at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Exactly 10 years and 1 day later, I expect to see the same thing. Mayweather TKO6.

Yeah Hype you are the fucking man
thehype
LMAO

laugh.gif

Aw yes...I believe that was my prediction for Mayweather vs. Gatti.

While it was good, I personally like my prediction for Hopkins vs. De La Hoya a little better:

Will it be a clear-cut knockout...of course not! Oscar's gotta a pretty good chin. But I do expect to see him wear down towards the middle rounds as usual (no matter how in-shape he is) and I expect Hopkins to beat him up for as long as the fight lasts. It wouldn't shock me to see De La Hoya take a knee from a body shot, but his heart won't keep him down there for long. However, I think eventually, someone - whether it's his trainer, his dad, his wife, the ref, or Oscar himself - will end up calling a halt to this one. Hopkins TKO9!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content373.html

laugh.gif

But hey, I'm sure we've all nailed a few of these fights to a tee.
Box in Hand
Hype give me your prediction on May vs. Mosely. I don't think it will be as tough for Mayweather as some think. I think he frustrates Shane who never has a plan B or C.
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 9 2010, 02:50 PM) *
Hype give me your prediction on May vs. Mosely. I don't think it will be as tough for Mayweather as some think. I think he frustrates Shane who never has a plan B or C.

Mayweather TKO12!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's right...I said it....T.K. MUDDASUCKIN O. baby!

Mosley will look like he's in it in the first few rounds, start suckin' wind by rounds 6, 7 and 8 and because he's a warrior and won't be smart enough to shut it down once he realizes he's getting lit up, he'll keep pressing forward and walk into an uppercut he didn't expect.

That's right baby...I'm all in!

HOWEVER...if I were laying some money down, I'd just go with Mayweather by unanimous decision.

But yeah, I have to agree 100%...I don't think it will be as tough for Floyd as some may think. It's EXTREMELY easy to frustrate Shane and he NEVER has a plan B or C. Hell, with Brother Naaz really just starting to work with him this week on the game plan, I'm not even sure if he'll have a plan A other than his typical flicking jab followed by a right hand.

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 9 2010, 02:16 PM) *
Mayweather TKO12!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's right...I said it....T.K. MUDDASUCKIN O. baby!

Mosley will look like he's in it in the first few rounds, start suckin' wind by rounds 6, 7 and 8 and because he's a warrior and won't be smart enough to shut it down once he realizes he's getting lit up, he'll keep pressing forward and walk into an uppercut he didn't expect.

That's right baby...I'm all in!

HOWEVER...if I were laying some money down, I'd just go with Mayweather by unanimous decision.

But yeah, I have to agree 100%...I don't think it will be as tough for Floyd as some may think. It's EXTREMELY easy to frustrate Shane and he NEVER has a plan B or C. Hell, with Brother Naaz really just starting to work with him this week on the game plan, I'm not even sure if he'll have a plan A other than his typical flicking jab followed by a right hand.

laugh.gif

Probably gonna piss some folks off with that prediction but sounds about right. Brother Naaz is one of my favorite under rated trainers but I don't think he has enough time for this one. Shane is predictable with that flicking jab followed by his right hand. He might sneak a left in there every once in awhile but that will just hit May's so it will be useless.
mexi-cutioner
Mosley is definitely past his prime and imo that Margarito win deceived many into believing he is the man to beat Mayweather. Margarito's style was all wrong for Mosley and he made Mosley look extremely good in that fight. He's been extremely inactive the last couple years after the Cotto loss and in his fight before Margarito, he was in an extremely close battle with the one dimensional, B level champ Ricardo Mayorga. Mosley will keep it competitive for the first 6 rounds but will begin to fade down the stretch similar to him in his Cotto bout, with Mayweather winning a comfortable UD or late TKO stoppage (I made the same prediction for Tim Bradley vs Marcos Maidana tongue.gif )
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 9 2010, 10:06 AM) *

I predicted Chris Byrd would be a two time heavyweight champion of the world! Sure, that was immediately after him winning his second, but hey...we all have various definitions of "predictions"

ha ha ha
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 9 2010, 03:56 PM) *
Probably gonna piss some folks off with that prediction but sounds about right. Brother Naaz is one of my favorite under rated trainers but I don't think he has enough time for this one. Shane is predictable with that flicking jab followed by his right hand. He might sneak a left in there every once in awhile but that will just hit May's so it will be useless.

laugh.gif

Oh, I already know I'm going to piss off quite a few people...there's already been some heated discussions on the FightHype Facebook Fan page.

But fuck it man...Shane just hasn't looked that good at all...even in his impressive victory over Margarito, I mean, if you actually focus on some of the things that Shane was doing in there, he's still the same guy that was frustrated by Cotto, Mayorga and quite a few people. Hey ain't this killer that people are making him out to be. He certainly didn't destroy Collazo, Cruz or Estrada. Yeah, he beat them, but he didn't run through them. Hell, he didn't even run through Mayorga.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shane and all, but man, some of the things he does in the ring are going to play right into Floyd's hands. In my opinion, Shane's only shot is to land a lucky Tarver punch. Is that possible? Absolutely, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not to mention, I heard some shit about Shane that leads me to believe that he's more hungry for the money than the victory.

On top of that, what's up with him getting a nose job? Was anyone aware of that? Peep his nose the next time you get a chance (maybe Saturday on 24/7). That shit used to be flat as hell. That fool done got a nose job....why the fuck would you go do that if you're still fighting?

laugh.gif
BigG
Hype: Mayweather-Gatti will be Roy Jones Jr-Vinny Paz all over again!

Roy Jones Jr (During the fight): This fight reminds me of myself vs. Vinny Pazienza.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 9 2010, 05:28 PM) *
laugh.gif

Oh, I already know I'm going to piss off quite a few people...there's already been some heated discussions on the FightHype Facebook Fan page.

But fuck it man...Shane just hasn't looked that good at all...even in his impressive victory over Margarito, I mean, if you actually focus on some of the things that Shane was doing in there, he's still the same guy that was frustrated by Cotto, Mayorga and quite a few people. Hey ain't this killer that people are making him out to be. He certainly didn't destroy Collazo, Cruz or Estrada. Yeah, he beat them, but he didn't run through them. Hell, he didn't even run through Mayorga.

Don't get me wrong, I like Shane and all, but man, some of the things he does in the ring are going to play right into Floyd's hands. In my opinion, Shane's only shot is to land a lucky Tarver punch. Is that possible? Absolutely, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not to mention, I heard some shit about Shane that leads me to believe that he's more hungry for the money than the victory.

On top of that, what's up with him getting a nose job? Was anyone aware of that? Peep his nose the next time you get a chance (maybe Saturday on 24/7). That shit used to be flat as hell. That fool done got a nose job....why the fuck would you go do that if you're still fighting?

laugh.gif

smile_anim.gif

*is a fan of the facebook page*
Method

Nailed Margarito/Cotto to a tee; Got Hopkins/Calzaghe pretty damn straight too, including the early KD.

What the fuck ever though, I been wrong plenty.

That's why they fight the fights. Theater of the Unexpected.
Big Slim Sweet
The best call I ever made on a fight was that Cintron would have an emotional meltdown in the first fight with Margarito.

I could NOT believe watching it how right I was.
D-MARV
Just a few fights I predicted...

I called Lewis to Knock Out Rahman in 3 in the rematch.

I called Hopkins to stop Tarver in the 11th and he ALMOST did!!!

I think I picked Pacquiao to stop Cotto in 10.

Recently picked Alexander to stop Urango by way of an uppercut...

One of the BEST picks I ever made was calling Taylor-Winky a Draw...

But I have been WAY OFF plenty of times... Hatton UD Pacquiao... WTF was I thinking?
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2010, 05:58 PM) *
But I have been WAY OFF plenty of times... Hatton UD Pacquiao... WTF was I thinking?

hell I picked Hatton KO6. That fucka got knocked down twice in 1. WTF was I thinking? laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
I picked Toney over Nunn back in 1991. Nunn was P4P#1 and Toney was unknown, but even talked a lot of shit back then. Something like and 18-1 underdog.

Made some nice cash on Holyfield-Tyson I.

I also picked Buster Douglas over Tyson too. Kidding.
King Eugene
I picked Roy to stop Lacey(dont give me no shit laugh.gif)

I picked Shane to outbox Margarito and stop him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I nailed Margarito-Cotto to a tee, and won some money with a friend. On a local level, I nailed Bonsante-Vanda to a tee also. I've been way off on a few occasions too.

By the way, I didn't know fighthype had a facebook fan page....I gots to get on that.
thehype
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 10 2010, 01:32 PM) *
By the way, I didn't know fighthype had a facebook fan page....I gots to get on that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FIGHTHYPE/13791735143
http://twitter.com/fighthype
http://www.youtube.com/fighthype
http://www.myspace.com/fighthype
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.