Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carl Froch vs. Mikkel Kessler
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I'm real excited for this fight...I feel Froch is going to win a close one.
ROLL DEEP
Froch will wear him down, imo.

Although he needs to sort out that leaky defence as he cant keep taking shots and it not effect him in future fights.
Snoop
I like Kessler and I HATE Froch, but given Kessler's last few performances, I might have to lean towards Froch. Plus, I think he's the underdog on the betting lines. yahoo.gif
D-MARV
I got Froch at +185 a few weeks ago and dropped $250. He's down to +145 now so you guys need to act now to make some EASY money.

I will probably lay down some more money on a Froch stoppage.
The CEO
Damn...you're gamblin' a lot lately, MARV...how's your profit?

We all know about the hometown bullshit in this tourney by now, but I'm goin' against it this time...Froch by TKO before the 10th...Kessler got tenderized against Ward, and I have a feeling he'll be softer than ever....

Another bet to consider might be Kessler by DQ though...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Uhhh I got Kessler by easy win in this. I think Andre Ward is just on a completely different level than Froch. That and Kessler just couldn't get it going that night. Froch isn't all that different from Andrade, and Kessler's jab was very effective against him. I see the same thing here. Kessler's jab will give Froch problems, and he won't be able to get in against Kessler. I also don't see Kessler as being soft in there. Ward just boxed a great fight, but he didn't seriously hurt Kessler in there.
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2010, 05:07 PM) *
I got Froch at +185 a few weeks ago and dropped $250. He's down to +145 now so you guys need to act now to make some EASY money.

I will probably lay down some more money on a Froch stoppage.

Damn it already dropped that much? +185 is a worthwhile bet but +145? Gotta sit on it for a min.
Maxy
I've gone with Froch late but I'm not totally confident about it. Carl gets hit a lot and Kessler is no mug. I think the Ward fight made him look worse than he actually is because Ward, style and ability wise, was simply a level above him. Froch will give it his all though and that's why I'm going with him....he'll pull it out through sheer determination.
lloyd mayflower
Dont forget Froch has taken a LOT of punishment whilst winning his last 3 fights (and throughout his career). He has a solid chin, but sooner or later that HAS to give out. I see him as more likely to wear down with the constant straight one two's that Kessler probably wont miss many of. I think Kesslers robotic style may just end up Froch' undoing. He hasnt fought a guy like Kessler since stepping up to world level.
Big Slim Sweet
One thing you have to give Froch, the dude has some SERIOUS desire. He's a grizzly bulldog, no doubt.

And we've all seen Kessler have his desire completely sapped in a few rounds. Joe Cal did it. Andre Ward did it.

Granted, they're both better boxers than Froch, but I have to think a guy who wants it as badly as him will beat a softy like Kessler 9/10 times.

Think Chico vs. Freitas. Styles are different but their hearts are similarly disproportionate.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 9 2010, 12:26 PM) *
Damn...you're gamblin' a lot lately, MARV...how's your profit?

We all know about the hometown bullshit in this tourney by now, but I'm goin' against it this time...Froch by TKO before the 10th...Kessler got tenderized against Ward, and I have a feeling he'll be softer than ever....

Another bet to consider might be Kessler by DQ though...

On the year I'm up a couple of hundred. I lost 100 last weekend as I put money down for a Hopkins stoppage and Haye decision. Devon Alexander made me 200 dollars with his KO over Urango (that was my biggest win this year).

I'm about 90% sure that Froch beats Kessler so I'm laying big on him. I may add another 50 for a KO.
King Eugene
Froch stops him in 9. This arrogant cat has drew me in as a fan. He's a shit talker and a fighter. His skills are far from high but his desire willingness to scrap it out with anybody is what I like. I'll watch this cat fight anyday of the week.
Spyder
They showed these guys training a little bit in that Showtime 360. Froch wasn't doing any boxing training just some running, but I'm surprised he wasn't working with his wrestling coach either. I guess he plans on running a lot in this fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 04:44 AM) *
Froch stops him in 9. This arrogant cat has drew me in as a fan. He's a shit talker and a fighter. His skills are far from high but his desire willingness to scrap it out with anybody is what I like. I'll watch this cat fight anyday of the week.

Agreed...

Froch has made a fan out of me as well.

Froch Vs PWill=WAR!!!!
SmartyBeardo
Froch cuts him to ribbons and it is stopped in 10.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.