Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odlanier Solis vs Valuev the Sasquatch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
This could be an interesting fight to watch. I hear alot of good things about Solis, could he actually put the Wookie away?

Normally i would avoid all Valuevs fights, but i may watch this one
BGv2.0
What a weird matchup...yet again.

It's going to be rough for Solis.....on paper he SHOULD have all the ability to beat Valuev. BUT...with his propensity to come in fat as hell and out of shape...and with little punching power....he's going to relly need to be in shape to last all 12 with that behemoth.

I don't see that taking place....Valuev wins...but not due to how great he is...but how out of shape Solis is.
D-MARV
I HATE the Heavyweight Division (outside of Haye).
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 9 2010, 08:03 PM) *
I HATE the Heavyweight Division (outside of Haye).

I HATE the heavyweight division..Outside of the Klitchkos,Haye,Povetkin,and now Jean-Marc Mormeck(who just beat Maddalone with ease)..
Jack 1000
Judges for some reason like "The Wookie!" I honestly have not seen enough of Solis. But I think this will be another dull heavyweight encounter with Valuev and Solis just doing enough to make it hard to decide who did a little more to win rounds. I see Valuev getting another decision that perhaps he doesn't deserve. But the fight itself if it is boring, people won't care that much.

Easy pickings for Vitali. The WBC loves him, so I would not expect difficult fights for him in the recent future.

Jack
Fitz
Sounds like a fight I will be sure to miss.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Solis takes this easy. I saw his fight against Barrett and Drummond, and he can fight. He has nice hand speed, I just wish he would show up in better shape. However, if he can get inside there's no way Valuev handles that speed. Valuev is tall, but he doesn't have the greatest jab. Solis is a talented fighter, and he'd find a way in and go to work. It might not be pretty to watch at all times, but Solis would get the job done. The skills and handspeed could carry him in this weak heavyweight division. He's not ready for either Klitschko yet, but who knows in the next year or so.
AussieLad
He beat Haye in the ammateurs, the ref stopping the fight after 2 standing 8 counts. Watched it on youtube and they said he had beaten Sultan Ibragimov in the round before defeating Haye.

He has some pedigree

Here he is stopping Monte Barrett in 2, in a crappy quality video with no sound

chauncy
I've sparred Valuev and fought Solis. I think this will actually be an interesting fight. Solis is not that active, but neither is Valuev. I think Solis takes this one in a close decision.
That is if the fight even comes off. Just because the WBC ordered it don't mean it will happen. Just last week the ordered Solis vs Austin. I think Solis will end up fighting a Toney in an eliminator then fight for the title when Vitali vacates, which he has been said to do by the end of the year.
I think Valuev will only fight the big fights. His body cannot take much more hard training and he will only train if it pays good. I don't expect to see him in the ring unless 1. it's for the title, or 2. stays inactive long enough he needs a 2 round tune up.

I might end up red in the face on this one, but this is boxing... Who knows?
AussieLad
QUOTE (chauncy @ Apr 10 2010, 07:04 AM) *
I've sparred Valuev and fought Solis. I think this will actually be an interesting fight. Solis is not that active, but neither is Valuev. I think Solis takes this one in a close decision.
That is if the fight even comes off. Just because the WBC ordered it don't mean it will happen. Just last week the ordered Solis vs Austin. I think Solis will end up fighting a Toney in an eliminator then fight for the title when Vitali vacates, which he has been said to do by the end of the year.
I think Valuev will only fight the big fights. His body cannot take much more hard training and he will only train if it pays good. I don't expect to see him in the ring unless 1. it's for the title, or 2. stays inactive long enough he needs a 2 round tune up.

I might end up red in the face on this one, but this is boxing... Who knows?

Thanks for making your first post in my thread thumbsup_anim.gif

Welcome aboard the Fight Hype forum
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Can I assume you're Chauncy Welliver? Welcome to the boards man....I saw something on fightnews about Austin being all pissed off and threatening to sue the WBC. That may get them to back off the fight, but we'll see what happens. If Solis fights Toney, where does that leave Ray Austin? I think they'll at least give Ray an oppotunity to keep the rating. Could that lead to an Austin-Solis fight. Personally, I think Solis takes that one too. I think it's more likely to see Austin-Solis in an eliminator than against Toney. Toney hasn't had a significant fight since Oquendo, and he basically lost that.
Rivado
Yeah, welcome to FH! Now don't be a stranger.

As for Solis/Valuev - I can't say I have seen enough of either fighter to make a call but they are "players" in the division and because of this it seems like a decent fight on paper and an eliminator to boot. I will watch it.
chauncy
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 10 2010, 03:06 AM) *
Thanks for making your first post in my thread thumbsup_anim.gif

Welcome aboard the Fight Hype forum

Thank you. I never knew fighthype had a forum. I'll be bugging you guys more often. drinks.gif
chauncy
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 10 2010, 03:12 AM) *
Can I assume you're Chauncy Welliver? Welcome to the boards man....I saw something on fightnews about Austin being all pissed off and threatening to sue the WBC. That may get them to back off the fight, but we'll see what happens. If Solis fights Toney, where does that leave Ray Austin? I think they'll at least give Ray an oppotunity to keep the rating. Could that lead to an Austin-Solis fight. Personally, I think Solis takes that one too. I think it's more likely to see Austin-Solis in an eliminator than against Toney. Toney hasn't had a significant fight since Oquendo, and he basically lost that.

True, but it's an easy fight for Top Rank to make. This is all of course going around Toneys UFC schedule, but he will make more boxing.
Austin may get the call. He should. He won the eliminator. If he's able he deserves the shot. If not Austin, I'd have Solis fight whoever is ranked #26 in the WBC. clapping.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Go Get Em Chauncy!!!! We'd love to have you in minnesota to fight Joey Abell.

I think in the end Austin will get the call. They'll at least give him the shot to fight another eliminator, whomever it's against. I don't even know when Toney plans on fighting in the UFC, so I'm sure he's open to negotiations. I'd love to see Solis slap Toney around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.