Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@8PM (CST) SPOILERS@8:15 Holyfield vs. Botha
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments on the Holyfield-Botha fight.

Jack

Administrator
TheWhiteBuffalo
Thanks Jack1000. This is clearly your finest post to date!

This fight will be epic. Stay tuned to see the pugilistic perfection that is Francois Botha!
JLUVBABY
ill say this holyfield looks like he did 10 years ago... then again he was all but shot 10 years ago too... lol.. but as shot as he is he still gives any heavyweight a good fight... imo...
JonnyBlaze
I wish I was able to see the fight since I do have a sig bet about this fight..Hopefully it'll be on youtube or something later since I'm goin to the golden gloves tonight..The DVR is set for Berto's fight and David Estrada's(he trains outta my gym sometimes so I gotta show some kinda support)..
Byrd Man
Holyfield is going to DESTROY the White Buffalo. The White Buffalo will be extinct after today!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Holyfield is going to DESTROY the White Buffalo. The White Buffalo will be extinct after today!

Yup..You got it!!Holyfield KO 6..In similar fashion like Lennox Lewis did the Buffalo..Were gonna be wonderin if he's still alive after gettin hit..It'll either be the straight or left hook..Maybe both,who knows..
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 05:26 PM) *

This, my friend, is purely an erroneous statement not worthy of a respectable forum such as this one. If you like fiction, I believe you should continue to read the Harry Potter series.

Because tonight........ we shall rejoice! After 6 years of preaching the good word here on this forum (and the one before), you will finally realize what I have stated all along. I have endured countless taunts, three bans, and most have dismissed my prophecies. I knew this day would come!

Tonight, after all this time, you shall see the White Buffalo dismantle your modern day hero. With a victory so impressive, you will be forced to join the Buffalo bandwagon!

REJOICE! We are only hours away!

D-MARV
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 02:08 PM) *
Thanks Jack1000. This is clearly your finest post to date!

This fight will be epic. Stay tuned to see the pugilistic perfection that is Francois Botha!

LMFAO!!!! Epic post right there.

I have a funny feeling about this one. Botha could walk away with a victory.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I knew this day would come!

What day is that? The day that your beloved Buffalo is relegated to fighting 85 year old former champions who are a shell of their former selves? Like the Virginia Slims slogan, "You've come a long way, baby!"

lmao
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 06:18 PM) *
What day is that? The day that your beloved Buffalo is relegated to fighting 85 year old former champions who are a shell of their former selves? Like the Virginia Slims slogan, "You've come a long way, baby!"

lmao

Funny guy, huh?

If you do not see the value in destroying the biggest name in boxing, and being the one person who retires a legend, then I cannot help you. This is far beyond your limited boxing scope.

A highly publicized destruction of the "Real Deal" will do more for Botha's career then beating up on an unknown up and comer such as David Haye. This victory, will put Frans Botha on the radar for a rematch against Wladimir, or better yet, his older brother.

You can call Holyfield what you will, and criticize his abilities, but I will call him the sacrificial lamb heading to the slaughter. Serve up the Real Deal, and watch what this does for the Buffalo. This is FAR greater than a victory over an aging Holyfield, this is a statement to those who have tried to stop Holyfield for the last few years.

Frans Botha destroyed Mike Tyson's career. Tonight, he will do the same to Evander Holyfield.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 03:33 PM) *
Funny guy, huh?

If you do not see the value in destroying the biggest name in boxing, and being the one person who retires a legend, then I cannot help you. This is far beyond your limited boxing scope.

A highly publicized destruction of the "Real Deal" will do more for Botha's career then beating up on an unknown up and comer such as David Haye. This victory, will put Frans Botha on the radar for a rematch against Wladimir, or better yet, his older brother.

You can call Holyfield what you will, and criticize his abilities, but I will call him the sacrificial lamb heading to the slaughter. Serve up the Real Deal, and watch what this does for the Buffalo. This is FAR greater than a victory over an aging Holyfield, this is a statement to those who have tried to stop Holyfield for the last few years.

Frans Botha destroyed Mike Tyson's career. Tonight, he will do the same to Evander Holyfield.

Then I suppose this is a lose-lose situation for Holy.

If he wins, then so what? He beat some wannabe contender who's had six fights since the twin towers fell, and has only fought ONE name guy since 2002 (IN 2002). If he loses, what the fuck does he do now?

Holy's relegated to fighting white guys now. How sad?
Byrd Man
loooooooool I just looked at Botha's record. He only lost four fights, but all those fights were against decent to great competition!.

He lost to Tyson in '99 he lost to Wlad and Lennox, and then he lost his first fight when he stepped up to fight Michael Moorer.

beating Holy WOULD be the best victory of his career. lol
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Holy's relegated to fighting white guys now. How sad?

This is the stupidest statement of the year. Fighting white guys is sad? Maybe you should, once again, check your facts before making a stupid remark. Frans Botha is a white guy and has a title. Wladimir Klitschko is a white guy with a title. Vitali Klitschko is a white guy with a title.

So, exactly what was your point?

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 06:44 PM) *
loooooooool I just looked at Botha's record. He only lost four fights, but all those fights were against decent to great competition!.

Second stupidest statement of the year. Your on a roll!

Losing to great competition is no shame in the fight world. Everyone has better days, and some times you learn from your mistakes. Truth is, we are seeing an older, wiser, and much more fluent Frans Botha who no longer relies on punching power alone. He has improved since the old days, and we shall see that tonight.

My only hope is that Frans Botha can dispatch Holyfield just as quick as I have done with you!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 04:18 PM) *
Second stupidest statement of the year. Your on a roll!

Losing to great competition is no shame in the fight world.

No, that's definitely not a shame to lose to those people. It IS a shame to lose to those people when they are the ONLY real quality competition you've faced (other than a draw against Shannon Briggs).

WAR HOLYFIELD!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 07:26 PM) *
No, that's definitely not a shame to lose to those people. It IS a shame to lose to those people when they are the ONLY real quality competition you've faced (other than a draw against Shannon Briggs).

WAR HOLYFIELD!

I love how you ducked your previous racist statement. Let's just hope Evander can duck those lethal punches in similar fashion!

Do you even realize the extent of your blissful ignorance? You are attempting to bash Frans Botha because he has stepped up and fought the prime in the Heavyweight Division? Other than Evander, who else has a resume like the White Buffalo?

It is a sad day when a wide eyed n00b attempts to discredit a fighter based on his bouts with the elite of the division. Absolutely amazing!

What is even more disheartening, is that you carry Chris Byrd around as something "different". It seems to me like Chris Byrd is exactly what your speaking of!

I will waste no more time with you little man. Tonight, I shall reign supreme. You shall be left with plenty of time to attempt to discredit the sweet Buffalo victory.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 04:33 PM) *
I love how you ducked your previous racist statement. Let's just hope Evander can duck those lethal punches in similar fashion!

Do you even realize the extent of your blissful ignorance? You are attempting to bash Frans Botha because he has stepped up and fought the prime in the Heavyweight Division? Other than Evander, who else has a resume like the White Buffalo?

It is a sad day when a wide eyed n00b attempts to discredit a fighter based on his bouts with the elite of the division. Absolutely amazing!

What is even more disheartening, is that you carry Chris Byrd around as something "different". It seems to me like Chris Byrd is exactly what your speaking of!

I will waste no more time with you little man. Tonight, I shall reign supreme. You shall be left with plenty of time to attempt to discredit the sweet Buffalo victory.

Who has a resume like the White Buffalo? ha ha ha ha. Seriously?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=3307&cat=boxer

That looks like the resume of a journeyman at best.

It's not necessarily that he lost to those fighters, as I said, but it's that those fighters were the only ones he fought of note. the only fighter with half a name that he fought and won against was Alex Schultz which was negated due to his positive steroid test. The rest he either got knocked the fuck out or he got a draw with (Shannon Briggs).

Hey, at least he'll always have his kickboxing career to fall back on when he gets pummeled into submission by Evander Holyfield.

The "white guys" line was an obvious joke btw.
Byrd Man
Watching the fight now...Undercard going now...

some kid named Rocco is getting ready to fight. lol

I like this kid Rocco so far. First round is over and I think he won that one, although it was kinda close. Kid has virtually NO defense, but they said he's trying to work on that in his training.

Byrd Man
ah that bastard who's running the stream turned it to ESPN! lol...

Now it's on a logo...maybe the Holy fight is getting ready to start...
TheWhiteBuffalo
I ordered the PPV. Truth is, I would have paid three times the amount.

The production value of this PPV absolutely sucks. I literally had to crank my surround sound up three quarters to hear the damn thing.

Don't get me started on the camera work. It is going to be a looooong night suffering through these prelims.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 06:23 PM) *
I ordered the PPV. Truth is, I would have paid three times the amount.

The production value of this PPV absolutely sucks. I literally had to crank my surround sound up three quarters to hear the damn thing.

Don't get me started on the camera work. It is going to be a looooong night suffering through these prelims.

the stream I had just quit out....how's that Rocco kid doing?

And I guess JustinTV is gone now.

The front page just has a picture up saying that the site is for sale for 500K "no dickering", so.... *shrugs* I heard they had some legal issues.

TheWhiteBuffalo
Rocco won a lopsided 4-round decision over Hammer.

The "King" Arthur Williams is fighting a 6 rounder right now....and not looking too good at 45 years old.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Apr 10 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Rocco won a lopsided 4-round decision over Hammer.

The "King" Arthur Williams is fighting a 6 rounder right now....and not looking too good at 45 years old.

Yeah I only got to see the 1st round but I like Rocco's spirit and his go all out attitude. He DEFINITELY needs to work on his defense though. He didn't show hardly any in that one round that I saw.
TheWhiteBuffalo
In the Cruiserweight division, "King" Arthur Williams won a unanimous decision over a previously undefeated fighter with an 8-0 record.

As I stated before.... the "King" didn't look good at all. He was hurt a few times and was gassed by the 6th round.
Michigan Assassin
You're right about the production value or lack there of on this card. This looks like shit I shoot on my home movie camera.
Michigan Assassin
And the graphics look like they were stolen from 1970's wide world of sports.

But I will say I feel better about ordering this than I did ordering that $50 turd last week.
Michigan Assassin
This Johnson cruiserweight fight is pretty good.

Of course, neither of these guys are world beaters but seem pretty evenly matched.
Byrd Man
if there's any streams let me know....
Michigan Assassin
The ending of that fight was pretty fucking good. Absolutely no defense in this entire fight. Honestly more of a toughman mentality for these two with slightly more skill involved.
Michigan Assassin
Hey Buffalo, you should file a grievance against this promoter.

I see this card is call "The Legend Returns" when it should clearly be "The Legends Return"

Botha entering the ring now.
D-MARV
Stream Please? Anyone?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 10 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Stream Please? Anyone?

Same here.
Michigan Assassin
Here comes Holy.

BTW he sounded great earlier when Bernstein was interviewing him. Lucid and not slurring his words. A far cry from all his recent interviews I've seen of his.
Michigan Assassin
Botha takes round 1 but pulled the Manny Pac double punch 3 times!!!

Warned by the ref twice.

Not bad considering but pretty weird.
Michigan Assassin
Holy may have been rocked by a right hand in round 2 but I think it was more their feet getting tangled.

Holyfield is letting his punches more than his recent outings but I think Botha has taken both rounds.

Botha's body looks a lot like King Hippo though, so I'm not sure he can go 12.

Botha 20-18
Michigan Assassin
Neither guy did much in round 3 but Botha was a little more sucessful.

He is pulling his best "John Ruiz" performance, coming in with a few punches and then tying up.

Botha 30-27
Byrd Man
new rap lyrics: "Lookin' like Botha all flabby and sick" ha ha
Michigan Assassin
Holyfield landed the better punches in round 4.

Botha may still have won it due to Holy's inactivity but I'll lean towards Holy here.

Botha 39-37
Michigan Assassin
Botha easily takes round 5. Simply much more active than Holyfield.

He's also throwing a lot of good body shots. 4 - 1 Botha
Byrd Man
damn streamer! lol
Michigan Assassin
Much better round for Evander. Clearly his best of the fight.

Not sure if Botha is completely gassed or simply taking a round off.

Evander lands a really big right hand with 5 seconds left in the round and stuns Botha.

Botha 4 - 2
Michigan Assassin
Buffalo was whacked with 3 or 4 left hooks in a row. He looks like he is running on E.

Holy controlling the action now but Botha is still getting in his occasional shots. He grunts with every shot thrown like Maria Sharapova though and its pretty annoying.

Botha 4 - 3
Michigan Assassin
WHOOOOO!!! Botha down with a big overhand right!!!
Michigan Assassin
Evander turns it on when Botha gets up and ref stops the fight.

Evander TKO 8
Michigan Assassin
A completely BS quick stoppage but the writing was on the wall for Botha.

The ref still should have let it continue. Honestly, most of the follow up assault either were glancing or missed entirely.
Byrd Man
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOLYFIELD! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MOTHERFUCKER! lol
Michigan Assassin
I actually do like Botha. Seemed like a cool guy in the prefight interview and even better in the post fight. Classy guy.

Unfortunately, like a lot of the current heavyweights, his conditioning just lets him down.
Michigan Assassin
Good win for Holy though. Slow start but I think that was more due to Botha tying up when Holyfield got inside.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Apr 10 2010, 08:54 PM) *
I actually do like Botha. Seemed like a cool guy in the prefight interview and even better in the post fight. Classy guy.

Unfortunately, like a lot of the current heavyweights, his conditioning just lets him down.

I thought he came off like a cheap shot artist and a total prick during the fight. Slapping Holyfield in the ear, hitting him behind the head, laughing at him after he'd hold his arm and hit him in the head.

Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 10 2010, 10:55 PM) *
I thought he came off like a cheap shot artist and a total prick during the fight. Slapping Holyfield in the ear, hitting him behind the head, laughing at him after he'd hold his arm and hit him in the head.

Those slaps behind the head were nothing...just stupid. I honestly think he was just fucking with him so he wouldn't use his head like he has in the past.

The rabbit punches are a concern but it seems like its everywhere nowadays and refs should be tougher in enforcing it. That shit is dangerous.
Michigan Assassin
Anyway, not a bad fight and now onto the tivo for the Berto fight.

whoo hoo!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.