Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toney is ducking Johnathon Banks
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JohnathonBankent
Johnathon Banks has come out to LA hunting for James Toney to sign on the dotted line to fight at Joe Louis arena in Detroit. Jasmine Phoney has been running her mouth but scared to back it up as usual. Check this video of Johnathon Banks in LA dissing James Toney on Welcome2nyc.com
Byrd Man
King Eugene
(Mike Jones Voice) Johnathon Banks who? Johnathon banks who?

No no seriously...who is Johnathon Banks?
Byrd Man
that's what the fuck I wanted to know....

reminds me of that old Robin Harris joke.

"I didn't call your piccolo player a motherfucker....all I wanna know...is who called that motherfucker a piccolo player?" lmao
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 12 2010, 11:59 PM) *
that's what the fuck I wanted to know....

reminds me of that old Robin Harris joke.

"I didn't call your piccolo player a motherfucker....all I wanna know...is who called that motherfucker a piccolo player?" lmao

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
Your a freaking bum Banks, you do not deserve to be in the ring with James ever. He will ruin you, and retire you permanently! Do yourself a favor and go back to Detroit where a few people might actually know who you are. laugh.gif
Byrd Man
I immediately lose respect for anyone who does that childish thing where they alter someone's name to "insult" them. "Fraud Gayweather", "Pacroid", "Borenard" "Jasmine Phoney", and whatever the hell Toney said in his Junior Gorg like language.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 13 2010, 01:22 AM) *
I immediately lose respect for anyone who does that childish thing where they alter someone's name to "insult" them. "Fraud Gayweather", "Pacroid", "Borenard" "Jasmine Phoney", and whatever the hell Toney said in his Junior Gorg like language.

I hear ya Turd Man. Wonder what Queen Geena, Ditz, BitDim, or JohnnyGayz thinks of this matter? laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 13 2010, 12:32 AM) *
I hear ya Turd Man. Wonder what Queen Geena, Ditz, BitDim, or JohnnyGayz thinks of this matter? laugh.gif

I dont care much for it either Lil Lightfoot. I do it sometimes just to be funny but some guys doing it out of pure hate.
Byrd Man
Fuck all ya'll! lol

BTW: I think Toney sounds like this whenever I hear him...

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 01:36 AM) *
I dont care much for it either Lil Lightfoot. I do it sometimes just to be funny but some guys doing it out of pure hate.

Right. Were where my manners? laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 13 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Fuck all ya'll! lol

BTW: I think Toney sounds like this whenever I hear him...

First Grimace, and now this???

I swear I am going go Marz on all of you that rip on my boy. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 12:36 AM) *

Pure Hate. don't be goin' lowercase on me.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 13 2010, 12:42 AM) *
Right. Were where my manners? laugh.gif

Wear is my bat? I'm about to Joe Clark me a mutha sucka! laugh.gif
RyanTical
Toney wants the big money fights. Climbing the rank ladder like every other fighter isn't a possibility. It's either titleshot or bust. Bust = UFC.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 13 2010, 09:10 AM) *
Bust = UFC.

I hope it is bust. I want to see Toney tap out. Which he will do if he faces any of the top line heavyweights in MMA.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 13 2010, 04:37 AM) *
I hope it is bust. I want to see Toney tap out. Which he will do if he faces any of the top line heavyweights in MMA.

He'll tap out against the top 15 light heavyweights. Please dont put him in there with Liddell though. He'll try to prove that he can box with him, get caught, dropped, and we wont hear the end of Toney's mouth. LOL Then again throw Chuck in there with good ol Toney. If he's smart he'll pull the same move he pulled against Silva which is fake the stand up and take it to the ground.
SmartyBeardo
Seriously, is Jonothin Banks related to that men's clothing store dude?
D-MARV
Funny thing is that Banks would beat James Toney.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 13 2010, 05:37 AM) *

Don't sleep on Toney. I heard he's been working on his front kicks, back kicks, side kicks, all that ... laugh.gif
KookedKrack
laugh.gif @ the idea of Toney ducking ANYONE dude may love burger king but he will fight any and everyone.
JohnathonBankent
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Apr 13 2010, 01:43 PM) *
laugh.gif @ the idea of Toney ducking ANYONE dude may love burger king but he will fight any and everyone.

We in LA now looking for Phoney to set up the fight. He no where to be found! Check Phoney trainer talking scared in his interview with fighthype.com. Fans might not know yet. But every boxer knows Johnathon Banks is a serious problem! Only reason he lost to Adamek at cruiserweight was because he is a natural 225lb heavyweight. He trains with the Klitchsko's at 225lb then would lose all that weight in just a few weeks all because Emanuel Steward had Banks fighting out his weight class.Visit Johnathon Banks Website
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JohnathonBankent @ Apr 13 2010, 04:15 PM) *
We in LA now looking for Phoney to set up the fight. He no where to be found! Check Phoney trainer talking scared in his interview with fighthype.com. Fans might not know yet. But every boxer knows Johnathon Banks is a serious problem! Only reason he lost to Adamek at cruiserweight was because he is a natural 225lb heavyweight. He trains with the Klitchsko's at 225lb then would lose all that weight in just a few weeks all because Emanuel Steward had Banks fighting out his weight class.Visit Johnathon Banks Website

What a clown ass bum....

Making excuses for getting dumped on by Adamek, when he was the only "name" fighter on Bank's record. ha ha ha.

D-MARV
Banks is hungry and he's doing what every other young fighter does and that's call out known fighters. People seem to forget that Banks was winning the Adamek fight beofre he got caught. Him beating Toney is more than likely. I would like to see that fight. I guess Toney thinks he's some type of draw and feels that nobody deserves a fight with him other than the Klitschkos.
Lil-lightsout
Seriously Banks, beat somebody noteworthy and maybe Toney will fight you. You got freaking stopped by Adamek at cruiserweight for crying out loud. I saw the fight, you did okay at first, but your lack of heart showed as the fight wore on and you got stopped.

Toney has never been remotely close to being stopped. He has been down before, but he has always got up to show heart and determination. He has taking bombs at heavyweight and stood up to them. Who have you beaten at heavyweight? You are the phoney one, James Toney is a fucking legend!

Also, Toney getting a shot at a Klit does not sound that bad to me. I mean look at some of those soft touches they have faced recently, and how many of them EARNED there shot??? Rahman, Kingpin, etc.
D-MARV
UGH! You're level of huggery is flirting with the level of Torvix.

James Toney has NO options and doesn't deserve any damn title shots. He needs to retire, fight Hopkins, or gatekeep.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 13 2010, 10:06 PM) *
UGH! You're level of huggery is flirting with the level of Torvix.

James Toney has NO options and doesn't deserve any damn title shots. He needs to retire, fight Hopkins, or gatekeep.

First off. I got ZERO votes in the huggery poll. I do hug Toney, but where do I state anything crazy in my post?

I saw Banks lose, and he did not look world class to me. When Adamek put on the pressure, Banks folded. End of story. Toney has been in with everyone and ducks no one. Toney has shown amazing mental toughness in the ring.

Now does Toney deserve a title shot? No. And I agree with it as far as boxing standards go. Toney ain't did shit lately and should prove himself more in the ring. BUT all I am saying is that look at some of the guys they(Klits) have fought recently, and I KNOW Toney offers way more than some of those no hopers. So what I am saying in this pathetic division is why not give him a shot considering some of the scrubs that ALSO did nothing to warrant a title shot? Do you understand what I am saying?

Also, I would love to see a Toney-Hopkins fight.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 13 2010, 12:32 AM) *

hahahaha..Be careful man,or we'll have to start a rap battle thread against you..Beat you down BIG G STYLE!!!!!
JohnathonBankent
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 13 2010, 10:47 PM) *
First off. I got ZERO votes in the huggery poll. I do hug Toney, but where do I state anything crazy in my post?

I saw Banks lose, and he did not look world class to me. When Adamek put on the pressure, Banks folded. End of story. Toney has been in with everyone and ducks no one. Toney has shown amazing mental toughness in the ring.

Now does Toney deserve a title shot? No. And I agree with it as far as boxing standards go. Toney ain't did shit lately and should prove himself more in the ring. BUT all I am saying is that look at some of the guys they(Klits) have fought recently, and I KNOW Toney offers way more than some of those no hopers. So what I am saying in this pathetic division is why not give him a shot considering some of the scrubs that ALSO did nothing to warrant a title shot? Do you understand what I am saying?

Also, I would love to see a Toney-Hopkins fight.

The Legend Roy Jones Jr didnt even successfully drop weight and keep up his performance after moving down from heavyweight, you lose a piece of you when you do that and them words come straight from your boy James Toney mouth right here on his interview about the Hopkins vs Jones fight. (Roy Jones destroyed Toney by the way) So give young blood credit where its due.

Banks is a beast! If he wasnt a beast he wouldnt be the #1 sparring partner for the Klitchsko's. Why invest 6 years in sparring with someone you just pound around? Obviously he has some skills, many of which you havent even seen yet. He stronger and faster than most heavyweights

When Banks came back to Ko Castillo in Ny he clearly showed heart. At cruiser Banks looked in terrible shape. Always tired from sitting in saunas and dropping weight days before fights. Adamek beat him purely off of stamina. If they fight at heavyweight Banks will be in better shape and have full power and Ko Adamek!

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got a ton of respect for Banks, that guy can really fight. He would crush Toney right now no doubt. He was competitive with Adamek, and even stunned him a couple times. I've always been pretty high on Banks, and think he can do something. Toney wouldn't fight Banks at this point because he thinks he deserves better. More power to him, but at this point Toney just needs to get back and prove that he can win a heavyweight title. Banks-Toney would at least be a step in the right direction for both fighters. Toney needs to prove in the ring he deserves to be in with a Klitschko. I know he's a legend, but he has done nothing in the last three years that indicates that he can compete even in this heavyweight division. Banks' win over Travis Walker was more impressive than anything Toney has done in the last three years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.