FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
LoneRyu
May @nd the true, clean, P4P CHAMP WILL EMERGE
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 13 2010, 01:05 AM) *

True. Just don't start the sentence off with "May."

RyanTical
Truth. SSM is the true #1 Contender at Welterweight, and should be rightfully placed at #2 not #3. However, if SSM defeats Mayweather.. that should completely overshadow everything Pacquiao has accomplished ( and not accomplished ) thus placing SSM in the #1 slot for both P4P and #1 Welterweight.

If it's vice versa, Mayweather slips into #1 P4P by beating the #3 P4P and place him at the #2 Welterweight spot. Because Pacquiao shouldn't be the #1 Welterweight. I would think SSM defeating Margo, once again, overshadows Pacquiao's DLH & Cotto win for obvious reasons. And thanks to DLH's influence over the rankings, putting Mayweather at #1 isn't going to happen unless Mayweather-Pacquiao is made or Mayweather fights Paul Williams. I see the former as being more reasonable than the ladder.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 13 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Truth. SSM is the true #1 Contender at Welterweight, and should be rightfully placed at #2 — not #3. However, if SSM defeats Mayweather.. that should completely overshadow everything Pacquiao has accomplished ( and not accomplished ) thus placing SSM in the #1 slot for both P4P and #1 Welterweight.

If it's vice versa, Mayweather slips into #1 P4P by beating the #3 P4P and place him at the #2 Welterweight spot. Because Pacquiao shouldn't be the #1 Welterweight. I would think SSM defeating Margo, once again, overshadows Pacquiao's DLH & Cotto win for obvious reasons. And thanks to DLH's influence over the rankings, putting Mayweather at #1 isn't going to happen unless Mayweather-Pacquiao is made or Mayweather fights Paul Williams. I see the former as being more reasonable than the ladder.

Well put, RTical.

Personally, I don't have PBFerrari, PacMeow or SSM in the top 3 P4P right now. Floyd has done nothing in over 2 years. Manny has become a circus freak, being fed nothing but dead red meat and Arum's Designated Loser since he fought to the death with the guy that Floyd relegated to a sparring partner. Shane has not fought in well over a year when he defeated a dude who only wins when he brings clubs in the ring.

That said, the winner on May 1 is the P4P king of the hill.
lloyd mayflower
So who is your top 3 then? As far as I am concerned the winner on May 1st is number one, and if there is a god in the sky, that will be Mosley
d843
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 13 2010, 10:29 AM) *
So who is your top 3 then? As far as I am concerned the winner on May 1st is number one, and if there is a god in the sky, that will be Mosley
AMEN BROTHER !& past the mustard
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 13 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Truth. SSM is the true #1 Contender at Welterweight, and should be rightfully placed at #2 not #3. However, if SSM defeats Mayweather.. that should completely overshadow everything Pacquiao has accomplished ( and not accomplished ) thus placing SSM in the #1 slot for both P4P and #1 Welterweight.

Dude,I like how you put your fav. boxers in your sig..I think all new guys should do something like that..
DatuLakandula
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 13 2010, 01:05 AM) *

yeah yeah... "clean"... talk to the xylocaine man wkwkwkwkwk

im rooting for Mosley...
mexi-cutioner
My heart says Shane but my mind says Floyd. The first 6 rounds prove to be extremely competitive, but Floyd eventually cruises to a fairly easy UD (116-112)
AussieLad
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 14 2010, 09:40 AM) *
My heart says Shane but my mind says Floyd. The first 6 rounds prove to be extremely competitive, but Floyd eventually cruises to a fairly easy UD (116-112)

All floyds going to do is cruise to an ass whoopin, followed by a night of cold consolation getting lap dances from Eugene at the Kings Court
King Eugene
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 14 2010, 03:54 AM) *
All floyds going to do is cruise to an ass whoopin, followed by a night of cold consolation getting lap dances from Eugene at the Kings Court

You keep referring to these gay spots that no one has ever heard of but YOU! Hmmm...
AussieLad
That the best you got... the reverse psychology insinuation? Shit man, i keep expecting you to go chernobyl on me, but the only impression i get from you is some vagrant lighting his farts

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 14 2010, 06:20 AM) *
That the best you got... the reverse psychology insinuation? Shit man, i keep expecting you to go chernobyl on me, but the only impression i get from you is some vagrant lighting his farts

Dahyam! I think KE had to visit ER after that one.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 13 2010, 11:29 AM) *

Sorry lloyd, missed your query.

1. Bradley

2. PWill

3. SMartinez

The winner May 1 leapfrogs these (and a couple more).
RyanTical
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 13 2010, 08:29 AM) *

Based on activity:
1. Timothy "Desert Storm" Bradley
2. Sergio Martinez
3. Yuriokis Gamoboa

As far as overall, just look at my sig.

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 13 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Dude,I like how you put your fav. boxers in your sig..I think all new guys should do something like that..

Thanks, bruh'. I try and keep it easy so posters can see who I enjoy watching, regardeless of the avatar.

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 14 2010, 01:54 AM) *

Meh. I wouldn't say cruise because Mosley won't let him "cruise" to anything unless he screws something up like gets cut or some abnormality that hinders one of his senses and stops fighting. I can see Mosley keeping the pace, making Floyd fight, however, Floyd is simply too smart and too disciplined to let that pace put him in a situation that disrupts his ability to take the fight over. I gurantee you'll see the typical "one gear" Mosley. Fails to fight up to expectation and just gets pummeled by straight-rights and quick jabs for twelve rounds.

Since this is what I expect. I'm anxious to hear what Jim Broken Lampley has to say regarding Mayweather and Pacquiao once the fight has concluded.
grapevine241
there could be a new #1 but i gotta see the fight before i make that call lol
RyanTical
QUOTE (grapevine241 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:45 PM) *
there could be a new #1 but i gotta see the fight before i make that call lol

As I've mentioned before. If Mosley wins he'll be crowned #1 P4P because beating Mayweather means a lot for his legacy and for the sport of Boxing because you would instantly know that the September or November fight date will be with Pacquiao. However, if Mayweather wins; Mayweather moves stays where he's at or some could make the arguement that beating Shane Mosley the man Freddie Roach denied twice on two seperate occasions, is enough to put Floyd over Pacquiao. Thus giving Pacquiao the incentive to gain his position back by taking the fight with Mayweather.

Still, most fans, especially casuals will want to see that Pacquiao-Mayweather match-up to determine who the TRUE #1 P4P King is as well as the lineal 147lb champion.

So I don't see Ring doing anything more than pushing Mayweather up a spot at 147 and leaving the rest to fate.
grapevine241
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 14 2010, 10:57 PM) *
As I've mentioned before. If Mosley wins he'll be crowned #1 P4P because beating Mayweather means a lot for his legacy and for the sport of Boxing because you would instantly know that the September or November fight date will be with Pacquiao. However, if Mayweather wins; Mayweather moves stays where he's at or some could make the arguement that beating Shane Mosley the man Freddie Roach denied twice on two seperate occasions, is enough to put Floyd over Pacquiao. Thus giving Pacquiao the incentive to gain his position back by taking the fight with Mayweather.

Still, most fans, especially casuals will want to see that Pacquiao-Mayweather match-up to determine who the TRUE #1 P4P King is as well as the lineal 147lb champion.

So I don't see Ring doing anything more than pushing Mayweather up a spot at 147 and leaving the rest to fate.

yeah but what if its draw, a robbery, a DQ...?

thats why i gotta watch the fight before i decide what im going to do. the ring can do whatever they want especially in their P4P list which they should really just call "Nigel Collins' P4P Top 10"

but i agree that most of what you said is likely
RyanTical
QUOTE (grapevine241 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:19 PM) *
yeah but what if its draw, a robbery, a DQ...?

thats why i gotta watch the fight before i decide what im going to do. the ring can do whatever they want especially in their P4P list which they should really just call "Nigel Collins' P4P Top 10"

but i agree that most of what you said is likely

A draw would mean that Mayweather lost. Plain & simple. Mayweather is not the type of fighter to match another fighter punch-for-punch. He lives on an succeed or fail margin. That would mean Mosley vs Pacquiao.

A robbery, a Mayweather-robbery = Pacquiao vs Mosley in September or November.

DQ? Automatic rematch.

Regardless of how the cookie crumbles, Shane Mosley will get the fight with Pacquiao unless Mayweather wins by UD, SD or TKO/KO. Top Rank is looking for a way to give Mayweather as little credit as possible to make Mosley-Pacquiao fight more sensible in the eyes of Boxing fans. Hell, in my eyes it already is. Countless media outlets have already stated that Mosley will bring a better fight than Mayweather I tend to agree, however, as a man who takes technique over excitement, I will stick with fighters like Malignaggi, Mayweather, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida because anyone who makes fighting a chess match and not a bar-room brawl is a technician of the their style and should be given an excessive amount of props for doing so.
grapevine241
i guess all i really mean is... in boxing, nothing is certain. which is why personally i cant say who my new #1 will be until he actually fights
Hops
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 15 2010, 03:26 AM) *
...anyone who makes fighting a chess match and not a bar-room brawl is a technician of the their style and should be given an excessive amount of props for doing so.

Have you ever played chess?

I love chess. And even in chess, there are the equivalents of offense and defense. My favorite chess legends were Fisher and Kasparov. I liked their aggressive style.

So, don't compare boxing matches to chess matches because if you do then you'd find out that in chess, there are the equivalents of Floyd, Ruiz, and Baldomir.
Aware
QUOTE (Hops @ Apr 15 2010, 01:07 AM) *
Have you ever played chess?

I love chess. And even in chess, there are the equivalents of offense and defense. My favorite chess legends were Fisher and Kasparov. I liked their aggressive style.

So, don't compare boxing matches to chess matches because if you do then you'd find out that in chess, there are the equivalents of Floyd, Ruiz, and Baldomir.

I love chess too. You play online at all? My favorite players are Morphy, Anand, Morozevich, Kramnik, Capablanca, Rubinstein, and Magnus Calrsen. I would equate Kasparov to Sugar Ray Robinson. Mayweather would definitely be Kramnik and Pacquiao would be Vesilin Topalov (we all know how that turned out...or not). Pernell Whitaker would be Tigran Petrosian omfg that is such a perfect match anybody who knows chess and boxing knows that is fucking perfection. Boxing could sure use a Magnus Carlsen...I don't really expect many to get my chess references but fuck it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.