Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BERNARD HOPKINS VS EVANDER HOLYFIELD
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
Is there any money in this fight? Loser goes home immediately... how about it?

Romulus9
Considering the fact that I watched the Jones-Hopkins II train wreck, I'm sure I'd watch a Holyfield-Hopkins train wreck too.

Before the thread even happens: Yes, I'd also watch a Holyfield-Haye train wreck too.

The only farce I wouldn't watch is Haye-Hopkins. 100% pointless, instead of 98% pointless like the rest of them.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Apr 14 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Considering the fact that I watched the Jones-Hopkins II train wreck, I'm sure I'd watch a Holyfield-Hopkins train wreck too.

Before the thread even happens: Yes, I'd also watch a Holyfield-Haye train wreck too.

The only farce I wouldn't watch is Haye-Hopkins. 100% pointless, instead of 98% pointless like the rest of them.

Amen, brotha'.
Method
Guran damn teed you'd watch Hopkins/Haye - if nothing else other than to see Ex get KTFO.
Romulus9
You're probably right, Method. But I wouldn't be watching in order to see Hopkins knocked out. I'd watch it because I'm a lifelong addict to the sport and will watch pretty much any fight that's on.

The DVD collection that's overtaking my living space is testament to that.

That said, Hopkins-Haye would be last on the list from my earlier post. Dead last.
Method
I hear you bro, but you think Hopkins/Haye is pointless, yet Hopkins/Holyfield is worth something? I don't see the rationale there.
Big Slim Sweet
I would watch a Holyfield-Hopkins fight no question.

I'd much rather watch a Hopkins-Toney fight however.
grapevine241
for free? yes... for $49.95? hell no
RyanTical
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 14 2010, 06:42 PM) *
I hear you bro, but you think Hopkins/Haye is pointless, yet Hopkins/Holyfield is worth something? I don't see the rationale there.

I thought the same thing, but we're talking about Borenard Stopkins. He needs to change his diaper, laydown and watch reruns of Murder She Wrote.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 14 2010, 09:42 PM) *

Just a little but not much. Yeah, they're both dinosaurs but it's a 4 time heavyweight champion and the middleweight champion with the most title defenses in the same ring. Completely bizarre. No matter the result, it's somewhat historic and yet virtually irrelevant to the current state of affairs in the heavyweight division. You can't make that up.

Hopkins/Haye probably has more of a point currently just because Haye is a belt holder but it's a useless fight overall. It's completely lose-lose for Haye, to a degree 10x more than it was for Ruiz against Roy Jones. I honestly can't imagine David Haye even considering a fight with Hopkins now matter how much Bernard whines about/begs for it.

For the record, I did say that Hopkins-Haye was 100% worthless but the rest were just 98% worthless. I see now real point in ANY of those matchups. If Holyfield is given a shot at title #5, it has a point (it may be a sad one, for him OR for the sport) but it's worthy of my time. Hopkins-Haye? Ugh...

JonnyBlaze
Holy by KO
SmartyBeardo
Not on PPV.
King Eugene
I'd rather see Haye vs. Holy but wouldn't oppose to watching any of the other matchups mentioned. Hell I just want to see a fight.

At this point Holy isn't KO'ing good ol Nard. Hell he was losing to Botha before he completely tired the fuck out. It would look like Hopkins vs. Pavlik all over again except Hopkins wont wobble and son Holy...just beat him.
Hops
I can't see any reason for anybody not to watch this fight. It's PPV worthy. I want Hops, Holy, and Toney fight slug it out.
Rivado
I'd watch it - a decent under card would be icing.

Hopkins/Toney? Yep I would watch that too.

Holy/Tyson III? Yep that one too.

Haye vs. any of them? Yep.
JD
Both these cats are closer to 60 than 30. I'll pass.
neophyte7
Holy by KO... LMAO--- the winner fights James Toney...
JD
It seems like people were calling him "Oldyfield" at least 10 years ago.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 15 2010, 01:40 AM) *
Both these cats are closer to 60 than 30. I'll pass.

Oh shit... LOL. I few years ago "30" was considered old.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 15 2010, 01:20 PM) *
It seems like people were calling him "Oldyfield" at least 10 years ago.

Yeah... and some were saying he was shot after his 2nd fight with Alex Stewart and should retire. Oh so long ago.
JLUVBABY
as shot as he is i dont see hopkins going the distance with holyfield... he's still got that fire... he's shot to hell but he's still dangerous... speaks to his greatness in my opinion...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.