Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where will you be on May 1?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
I'll be right there, swimming in The Golden Shitter.
lloyd mayflower
I'll be in the control room of an ethylene cracker reading Hypes RBR's and cursing the fuckin world
pcraw
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 15 2010, 10:19 AM) *
I'll be in the control room of an ethylene cracker reading Hypes RBR's and cursing the fuckin world

Me and Hype will be @ the fight lloyd, so I doubt he's doing a RBR.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 15 2010, 03:39 PM) *

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess il be trying to avoid the result then
D-MARV
Ill be at the crib.
Big Slim Sweet
I'll be at my friend JB's, with the bar in the basement and the 46" flat screen on the wall (mine's bigger actually but his set-up's better).

pcraw
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 15 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Lol! Sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you. Lol
D-MARV
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 15 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Lol! Sorry to be the one to have to break the news to you. Lol

Hey Percy, You guys need a bodyguard? I'll do it for free... LOL
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Shit yea, I'll be at my house throwing a little get-together. I got family coming over as well as a couple buddies who interested in the fight. Prolly order some pizza, drink some beer, and watch floyd stick that jab in shane's nose all night. I'm reallly looking forward to this fight becuase it won't be boring...shane won't let that happen.
BigG
Ill be at my place watching with Family - Dad/Grandparents/Sisters/Uncles/Aunts/Cousins
thehype
Nah...I'll have my laptop...I'll probably still do one.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 15 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Dont let the smiling knife see you...
JLUVBABY
Im throwing a fight party... I hope im sober whe the main event gets started... lol...
D-MARV
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 15 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Im throwing a fight party... I hope im sober whe the main event gets started... lol...

Sounds like fun... If I was around you're way, I'll certainly drop in and get twisted with ya.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 15 2010, 11:19 AM) *

Pay attention lloyd. I lost a very close friend in a cracker disaster 12 years ago, and we lost 7 more a couple weeks ago.

QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 15 2010, 11:39 AM) *

I started a sports talk show on my radio station, recently, in an attempt to get a credential. Appears to have failed. I was hoping to pop a Q or two at GBP about independent forums.

Originally, I intended to parlay connections and buy my way near ringside, but GBP pissed me off too much. My principles are beginning to crumble though.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 15 2010, 11:43 AM) *

I'll have my BBerry.

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 15 2010, 04:38 PM) *

I could just see the GBPolice attempting to confiscate your laptop.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Apr 15 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Dont let the smiling knife see you...

No, please do.
King Eugene
I'm a have my friend order the fight. She likes boxing anyway. I cant go to any fight parties for this one. I cant stand hearing the casuals doing oooohs and ahhhhhs everything somebody throw a punch.
STEVENSKI
Three ways. Pub, lunch & a fuckload of idiots. BBQ & watch with mates. Lock myself in a isolation room & scream at the TV. I think # 3 may be the best bet.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 16 2010, 03:07 PM) *
You got to take a risk on this one STEVENSKI. Go to where the PBF nuthugglians are. The upside potential is huge, and if SSM fails, you can slip out the back quietly and kick some trash cans.

LOL. I went to a pub in Melbourne tp watch Pac vs Cotto. On the way there I was saying how Pac was gonna win & explaining both guys skills & etc etc. So we sit down & have lunch & a few drinks on a nice sunny afternoon when all these fuckin Pinoy Pac huggers come in. These guys are real idiots.

Within seconds of the fight starting I am the only one cheering for Cotto (I know he is gonna lose but fuck these morons) & I am cherering loud etc. I slipped out the side door afterwards as seeing these pathetic specimins of human faeces on the floor crying & jumping up & down was getting a bit much.

My girl could not understand why I changed who I wanted to win. She then accused me of deliberately cheering loudly for Cotto because I knew it would piss them off (I did that for that exact reason). I guess she does not know the power of a group of huggers.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 15 2010, 11:59 PM) *
Pay attention lloyd. I lost a very close friend in a cracker disaster 12 years ago, and we lost 7 more a couple weeks ago.

I started a sports talk show on my radio station, recently, in an attempt to get a credential. Appears to have failed. I was hoping to pop a Q or two at GBP about independent forums.

Originally, I intended to parlay connections and buy my way near ringside, but GBP pissed me off too much. My principles are beginning to crumble though.

I'll have my BBerry.

I could just see the GBPolice attempting to confiscate your laptop.

No, please do.

what plant do you work for smarty?.. i work or exxon mobil...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 15 2010, 06:34 PM) *
Sounds like fun... If I was around you're way, I'll certainly drop in and get twisted with ya.

marv i've had some classic fight parties... for tyson-lewis i know i had over 40 people in my house.... my cousin woke up after the whole ppv was over and wanted to know what happened... he had ranch dip all over the side of his face...
Al Hata

I'll be at the fight. Can't wait.
JonnyBlaze
I'll be at the theather on Webster and Clybourn in Chicago..Let me know if anyone else might be down to go with and we can meet up or somethin..
JD
I will have a bunch of people by for it.

In fact, a bunch of people will be by tonight as well.
D-MARV
I haven't been to a fight party in a LONG Time... I'll be at home watching this with my dad and my fiance. I'm the only boxing fan at my job so I don't have a lot of close friends who would get up for a fight party.

AS for tonight, I'll be solo for this one too. I started to make the three hour dive to watch it in person but decided not too at the last minute. Should be a fun night tonight.

WE NEED A FIGHTHYPE GATHERING!!!!
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 01:56 PM) *
Tonight should be the real crowd pleaser. Action written all over both fights.

Yeah...Pavlik - Martinez will be damn good.

I have managed to turn all of my friends into fight fans because back when I was single, if there was a big fight, I wouldn't go out until it was over...so, they could drink by me and we would go out, or they could go out without me and we would meet up. Eventually they caved, and now are fight fans themselves. Though the balance it key, because my girl is not keen on losing out to boxing every single Saturday.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 17 2010, 01:57 PM) *
I haven't been to a fight party in a LONG Time... I'll be at home watching this with my dad and my fiance. I'm the only boxing fan at my job so I don't have a lot of close friends who would get up for a fight party.

AS for tonight, I'll be solo for this one too. I started to make the three hour dive to watch it in person but decided not too at the last minute. Should be a fun night tonight.

WE NEED A FIGHTHYPE GATHERING!!!!

You gotta have some buds over...or at least text them during the fight to see what they think is going to happen...and who is winning.

I am down for a Fighthype get together.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 02:01 PM) *
You gotta have some buds over...or at least text them during the fight to see what they think is going to happen...and who is winning.

I am down for a Fighthype get together.

Next big fight at Madison Square Garden or Atlantic City would be a good one for me.

I'm willing to travel out west as long as we get a HUGE gathering.
JD
I am fairly certain that my bachelor party will be at a big fight late this year...whether it is Vegas, Dallas, AC...
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 07:07 PM) *
I am fairly certain that my bachelor party will be at a big fight late this year...whether it is Vegas, Dallas, AC...

JD getting married? Congrats bro, well, depending on how you look at it I guess...
JD
Thanks, Snoop. Long time coming...you hit that point where you realize that you are 34, and it ain't the same as 24. She has been patient for sure...and accepts my absurd sports obsession. Good girl.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 02:53 PM) *
Thanks, Snoop. Long time coming...you hit that point where you realize that you are 34, and it ain't the same as 24. She has been patient for sure...and accepts my absurd sports obsession. Good girl.

That's really some good stuff man... I know how you feel (but I'm only 25, taunt.gif ). Been with my girl for 5 years now and she's had my back the whole time, even throught the sport obsession. I even turned her into a boxing fan... But enough with the gushy stuff... LOL
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 03:07 PM) *
I'll congratulate you, if it is appropriate, a year after you tie the knot. Too many good girls end up a ball and chain hanging off a knot tied around your nutsac.

That's why I didn't get married until three days after my 40th birthday, to a Russian who would still be with her first husband if he hadn't been offed. That's what I call a track record of total dedication, given that I do my part.

JD, my hope is that you are as lucky and happy as I have been with my marriage.

Thanks, man...I am not too concerned. We have been together for 5.5 years, and lived together for 4.5...I have a good sense of what I am getting into. Believe me, you ain't the first to have the view that you do, but she is happy to drink a beer with my buds, or go out and catch up with her girls, provide of course, that boxing is not something I commit us to EVERY Saturday. A couple times a month...ok...

Sounds like you are a lucky dude...I waited it out...had my fun...and was very particular. I feel good about where I am now, and where I am headed.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 17 2010, 03:03 PM) *
That's really some good stuff man... I know how you feel (but I'm only 25, taunt.gif ). Been with my girl for 5 years now and she's had my back the whole time, even throught the sport obsession. I even turned her into a boxing fan... But enough with the gushy stuff... LOL

LOL...there you go. Yeah...she is a boxing fan too, HUGE football fan aided by my sis who is a diehard football fan...but she digs some fights.
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 04:54 PM) *
Right on JD. Contrary to what so many dudes would tell you, there is nothing better than a good, solid marriage in this reality.

I buy that...it's the only reason I made the plunge.
Maxy
Yep agree...been married since 96, been with her since 92. All good.
Al Hata
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 10:15 AM) *
I'll be in town. I had decided not to forfeit that much dough to GBP, but my principles are being challenged more severely as the fight approaches.

Sounds good, I'll be there with a few buddies looking for trouble. Hit me with a pm if your looking for the same.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Apr 22 2010, 09:49 AM) *
Sounds good, I'll be there with a few buddies looking for trouble. Hit me with a pm if your looking for the same.

Will you be at the fight, or are you doing one of the closed circuits? At this point it looks like I will be at the fight.

As far as trouble goes, it depends on what you are speaking of. I've got a bachelor party going on, some biz to attend to, my niece to visit in prison and the fight to catch. My agenda is fairly full.

For me, that shithole is nothing but trouble. The question is, Mr. Hata, what kind of trouble are YOU looking for?

I have no idea who you are, but like I said awhile back, if anyone from FightHype is around, I'll buy them a drink.

That offer still stands.
RyanTical
At home infront of my 57" television with Miller longnecks and some Devil's lettauce.
Al Hata
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 22 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Will you be at the fight, or are you doing one of the closed circuits? At this point it looks like I will be at the fight.

As far as trouble goes, it depends on what you are speaking of. I've got a bachelor party going on, some biz to attend to, my niece to visit in prison and the fight to catch. My agenda is fairly full.

For me, that shithole is nothing but trouble. The question is, Mr. Hata, what kind of trouble are YOU looking for?

I have no idea who you are, but like I said awhile back, if anyone from FightHype is around, I'll buy them a drink.

That offer still stands.

haha, nah I didn't mean anything crazy. Just some drinks before or after the fight and I got tickets to the fight so I'll be floating around the MGM.

I'll send u a pm.
thehype
HEY....DAMN IT...I'LL BE THERE TOO!

How ya'll gonna start making plans and not tell me?

laugh.gif
King Eugene
I'll be there. I'm a have the best seat in the house....I meant my house! Me and the ol lady. She's rooting for Floyd cause she thinks he's cute. Calls him her future husband...SMH. Oh well... Cant wait to come back and bust good ol Aussiefags chops come May 2nd! I'll definitely be in Vegas next big fight in the fall though.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Apr 24 2010, 12:57 AM) *
haha, nah I didn't mean anything crazy. Just some drinks before or after the fight and I got tickets to the fight so I'll be floating around the MGM.

I'll send u a pm.

Cool. Let's plan on connecting before or after the fight (or both) for a drink (or three) at one of the bars at the MGM.

QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 01:26 AM) *
HEY....DAMN IT...I'LL BE THERE TOO!

How ya'll gonna start making plans and not tell me?

laugh.gif

I asked you on the "FightHype Banned" thread if you and CEO are going to be there.

I was hoping that you could personally deliver my FightHype shirt after I win the April Prediction League this weekend;) But, if I suffer a monumental upset, if you or CEO can bring me a shirt, I'll buy it and wear it to the fight.

I'm flying in on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you, CEO and Al.

Anyone else going to be in town?

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 24 2010, 01:29 AM) *
I'll be there. I'm a have the best seat in the house....I meant my house! Me and the ol lady. She's rooting for Floyd cause she thinks he's cute. Calls him her future husband...SMH. Oh well... Cant wait to come back and bust good ol Aussiefags chops come May 2nd! I'll definitely be in Vegas next big fight in the fall though.

Damn King, I was planning on sitting close enough to you to intervene when you start slappin' yourself silly. I am also CPR certified.
The CEO
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 24 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Cool. Let's plan on connecting before or after the fight (or both) for a drink (or three) at one of the bars at the MGM.

I asked you on the "FightHype Banned" thread if you and CEO are going to be there.

I was hoping that you could personally deliver my FightHype shirt after I win the April Prediction League this weekend;) But, if I suffer a monumental upset, if you or CEO can bring me a shirt, I'll buy it and wear it to the fight.

I'm flying in on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you, CEO and Al.

Anyone else going to be in town?

Damn King, I was planning on sitting close enough to you to intervene when you start slappin' yourself silly. I am also CPR certified.

lol...I'm not goin', Beardo...

and FYI...I don't work for FH.....I'm just a loyal regular wantin' to look out for the best interests of the site and forum...I moderate and do The Board Seminar on a volunteer basis.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 24 2010, 01:21 PM) *
lol...I'm not goin', Beardo...

and FYI...I don't work for FH.....I'm just a loyal regular wantin' to look out for the best interests of the site and forum...I moderate and do The Board Seminar on a volunteer basis.

Nah, I didn't think you worked for FH, but I thought you were going to the fight from something I read awhile back. Maybe I was drunk.

I do appreciate your volunteer efforts, Boss, even when they lead to me getting tossed.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 24 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Nah, I didn't think you worked for FH, but I thought you were going to the fight from something I read awhile back. Maybe I was drunk.

I do appreciate your volunteer efforts, Boss, even when they lead to me getting tossed.

FUCKERS!!!! Cant believe im conversing with people who are going to vegas and I wont be there!!! Still, I suggest the West Wing bar on fight day, comfortable, quiet and chilled out.

Slanjevar!!!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 24 2010, 01:42 PM) *

laugh.gif

SmartyBeardo
[quote name='lloyd mayflower' date='Apr 25 2010, 02:24 AM' post='483819']
FUCKERS!!!! Cant believe im conversing with people who are going to vegas and I wont be there!!! Still, I suggest the West Wing bar on fight day, comfortable, quiet and chilled out.

Slanjevar!!!
[/quote
I'm just trying to get all my quacks in alignment so I can scoot on Thursday. I can feel the pull of the vortex.
The Original MrFactor
I will be at freaking work. My schedule came out about a month ago and destroyed my chances of having a fight party.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 25 2010, 02:41 AM) *
I will be at freaking work. My schedule came out about a month ago and destroyed my chances of having a fight party.

My friend, that sucks.
BGv2.0
They are showing it at an AMC about 45min away from my home.....BUT..tickets are $25....I'm a little on the fence with that price....for sure for a PBF fight.

Although that is the one aspect I have yet to a see a major fight at though.

It depends how I feel that afternoon...and if I can find somebody to go with me....but it will have to be a buddy that pays his own way....I'm not shelling out $50 for me and a girl for a PBF fight....

I have only one or two friends that would most likely go....but they are usually broke dick losers...so I would probally have to go by myself.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.