Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosely admits to EPO
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
I thought he said he didn't know what he was taking?????

grapevine241
well he looked bad when he was on it and hes presumably clean now so i could really care less.
thehype
WAR Shane!

laugh.gif

I actually think he's looked worse since he's been off of it.

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
I think Shane is just as much a villian as some say Floyd is. That motherf#@$#% Shane lied and I hate cheaters in this sport I love. I'm pulling for a Floyd victory now.
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 15 2010, 04:25 PM) *
I think Shane is just as much a villian as some say Floyd is. That motherf#@$#% Shane lied and I hate cheaters in this sport I love. I'm pulling for a Floyd victory now.

Shit, not only that, but you should ask him how many times he's seen his kids this year.

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 15 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Shit, not only that, but you should ask him how many times he's seen his kids this year.

laugh.gif

Ouch, low blow.

I'm not with Shane and his smiling. That smiling mother isn't as humble as people think he is. This shows he's one level below cheatin ass Margarito is you ask me and to think him and Oscar were childhood friends before they even fought. So he went in cheating against a friend??? Low life backstabbing good for nothing.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 15 2010, 03:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

That's ugly.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 15 2010, 04:25 PM) *

Give me a break, all you do is hang on Floyd's nuts. Don't act is if now all the sudden you are rooting for Floyd.

That's like me saying since Floyd is a fag and he is now surely going to hell, I am pulling for a Mosley victory now.
HaydelHammer
very damming video there. lying bastard.

I knew it was something my ass.

Check hook his ass floyd.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 15 2010, 04:22 PM) *
Give me a break, all you do is hang on Floyd's nuts. Don't act is if now all the sudden you are rooting for Floyd.

That's like me saying since Floyd is a fag and he is now surely going to hell, I am pulling for a Mosley victory now.

Look here sucka, I don't hang on anyone's nuts. Check my track record puss.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 15 2010, 06:48 PM) *
Look here sucka, I don't hang on anyone's nuts. Check my track record puss.

rolleyes_anim.gif ok.gif laugh.gif

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 15 2010, 04:51 PM) *
rolleyes_anim.gif ok.gif laugh.gif

Glad to see you know puss.
HaydelHammer
ORIGINAL FOOTAGE of shane mosely steroid/Balco interrogation back in 2003.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Apr 15 2010, 05:08 PM) *
ORIGINAL FOOTAGE of shane mosely steroid/Balco interrogation back in 2003.

That looks just like his punk ass too. That's how he was acting in the new video.
JLUVBABY
i respect the fact that he didnt try to lie... he could have.. i dont by any means condone it but at least he manned up and said "yes i did it"... he's still getting his ass kicked come may 1st tho... lol..
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 15 2010, 05:23 PM) *
i respect the fact that he didnt try to lie... he could have.. i dont by any means condone it but at least he manned up and said "yes i did it"... he's still getting his ass kicked come may 1st tho... lol..

The thing is, he told the truth under oath, not to the public.
Keith

Was EPO banned in boxing when he was taking it?

From what I remember reading, He or his father called the NSAC to ask if EPO was a banned substance and were told it wasnt. I'm not condonning it and it certainly doesnt give him a pass on the clear steroid shit he was lathering all over his body either... just want to get the facts straight.
Snoop
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 16 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Was EPO banned in boxing when he was taking it?

From what I remember reading, He or his father called the NSAC to ask if EPO was a banned substance and were told it wasnt. I'm not condonning it and it certainly doesnt give him a pass on the clear steroid shit he was lathering all over his body either... just want to get the facts straight.

That's an interesting question. If it wasn't banned, then should Mosley be chastised for using PEDs? I'd like to know the answer to the question as well.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 15 2010, 08:25 PM) *

I'm pulling for a Floyd brain bleed & coma. Hopefully one of us gets our wish.
jlupi
My understanding is he didnt know he was taking steroids (cream/clear)

EPO was not a banned substance at the time.
jlupi
A settlement conference in New York on Thursday settled nothing between Pomona's world welterweight champion boxer Shane Mosley and his former performance-enhancing drugs supplier, Victor Conte.

Mosley is suing Conte, arguing that the founder of the notorious Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative tricked him by instructing him to use designer steroids "the cream" and "the clear" and the energy-boosting substance EPO. Mosley acknowledges taking the substances in advance of his 2003 mega-fight versus Oscar De La Hoya (Mosley won by decision) but denies knowing the substances were steroids and banned in Olympic sports.

Conte says Mosley knew exactly what he was taking: dangerous performance-enhancing substances that were used to resurrect his career after losses to Vernon Forrest.

So, after Thursday's hearing disintegrated into a heated exchange between the Conte camp and Mosley's New York attorney, Judd Burstein, Conte went to his computer and posted portions of Mosley's videotaped deposition onto YouTube, portions in which he acknowledges using EPO.

"The world of boxing deserves to know the truth," Conte told The Times on Thursday as Mosley, 38, continues training in Big Bear for his May 1 pay-per-view welterweight bout against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. "He knew he was taking EPO. He knew the benefits of enhancing his performance, he knew the dangers and risks, and he knew we were factoring in a taper time of five days before his drug test so it'd clear his system.

"He knew it was a banned substance and illegal."

Reached by telephone Thursday, Burstein said "the video is another example of Victor Conte's dishonesty, because it's plainly an edited portion of the entire deposition."

Burstein said he's planning to publicly release the entire videotaped deposition later. He e-mailed The Times a letter in which he advises Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer that Mosley has remained true to his word that he believed he was taking products and injections with this assurance from Conte: "I promise you there's nothing -- you won't have a bad drug test."

"Shane did not know [the products were steroids or banned substances]," Burstein told The Times. "Conte assured him it was all appropriate."

In a later e-mail to The Times, Burstein wrote:

In yet another example of Victor Conte’s complete dishonesty, he posted an edited portion of Shane’s deposition which left out Shane’s explicit testimony that Victor Conte assured Shane that EPO was not a banned substance or otherwise illegal. I look forward to cross-examining him on it at trial.

In contrast to Conte’s dirty tricks, we are going to make all of Shane’s deposition, as well as Mr. Conte’s deposition, available on YouTube in the next day or so. People should ask: why was Conte afraid to post the whole deposition? The answer will be obvious, as it shows that Shane is entirely credible.

In contrast, Conte’s deposition shows him to be just what he is: a convicted felon who would not know the truth if it slapped him in his face. There is nothing new about the story; all that Shane was saying is the same thing he said in 2003 – a claim that was supported by a lie-detector test.

We are also hereby making available a submission that we made to the Nevada Athletic Commission which shows (a) how consistent Shane has been on all of these issues, and (cool.gif that Victor Conte is a stone-cold liar.

-- Lance Pugmire- LA times
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 15 2010, 06:32 PM) *
The thing is, he told the truth under oath, not to the public.

i realize this too... it wont matter in the end.. skills pay the bills and his skill level is not on that of lil floyd.. i believe he will make it a good scrap early but he will be dominated down the stretch... so it wont matter....
jlupi
Mosleys lawyer - more vid

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/04/16/atto...d-shane-mosley/
jlupi
skills pay the bills>>> thats right and lets not forget "there is no blueprint" LOL

I feel like im watching political shows w republican and democrat talking points
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2010, 01:58 PM) *
i realize this too... it wont matter in the end.. skills pay the bills and his skill level is not on that of lil floyd.. i believe he will make it a good scrap early but he will be dominated down the stretch... so it wont matter....

What up J. We never did hook up for those video swaps. I moved to Hawaii last month man but if you still wanna swap let me know.
Byrd Man
looooooooool @ that bullshit video. Edited up like a motherfucker.

QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 16 2010, 12:54 PM) *
Reached by telephone Thursday, Burstein said "the video is another example of Victor Conte's dishonesty, because it's plainly an edited portion of the entire deposition."

Burstein said he's planning to publicly release the entire videotaped deposition later. He e-mailed The Times a letter in which he advises Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer that Mosley has remained true to his word that he believed he was taking products and injections with this assurance from Conte: "I promise you there's nothing -- you won't have a bad drug test."

"Shane did not know [the products were steroids or banned substances]," Burstein told The Times. "Conte assured him it was all appropriate."

In a later e-mail to The Times, Burstein wrote:

In yet another example of Victor Conte’s complete dishonesty, he posted an edited portion of Shane’s deposition which left out Shane’s explicit testimony that Victor Conte assured Shane that EPO was not a banned substance or otherwise illegal. I look forward to cross-examining him on it at trial.

In contrast to Conte’s dirty tricks, we are going to make all of Shane’s deposition, as well as Mr. Conte’s deposition, available on YouTube in the next day or so. People should ask: why was Conte afraid to post the whole deposition? The answer will be obvious, as it shows that Shane is entirely credible.

In contrast, Conte’s deposition shows him to be just what he is: a convicted felon who would not know the truth if it slapped him in his face. There is nothing new about the story; all that Shane was saying is the same thing he said in 2003 – a claim that was supported by a lie-detector test.

We are also hereby making available a submission that we made to the Nevada Athletic Commission which shows (a) how consistent Shane has been on all of these issues, and (cool.gif that Victor Conte is a stone-cold liar.

-- Lance Pugmire- LA times

That's end of story, as far as I'm concerned, unless the full unedited tapes don't show what Mosley's lawyer is saying.

This is no different, what Conte's doing, then those douchebags on Fox News who put out that heavily edited videos to make ACORN look like they were doing shit they weren't. Same fucking thing.
jlupi
ACORN look like they were doing shit they weren't. Same fucking thing. >>>

no comment
jlupi
Shane - "Did you take this, did you take this, did you take this?' And he said, 'Well this is this, and this is this, and this is this.' And I said, 'Okay.'""

reminds me of 2:05 of this vid

leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 15 2010, 10:21 PM) *
I'm pulling for a Floyd brain bleed & coma. Hopefully one of us gets our wish.

one day your boyfriend pacqiuao will be on tv doing the same thing.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 15 2010, 02:41 PM) *

laugh.gif

Someone is bitter that Shane and Leon have reunited lol Jk hype!!!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 16 2010, 02:58 PM) *

What won't matter? That Shane may or may not have knowingly taken steroids in 2003?

That's got nothing to do with May 1.
The Original MrFactor
I was always under the impression that Mosley admitted to taking substances that he did not know were illegal PEDs. The videotap proves nothing. he admits to knowing he took EPO. He doesnt admit thet he knew at the time it was banned, which is consistent with everything i've ever heard and read he said. He took PEDs not knowing they were banned substances. I also think there is a valid question as to was EPO a banned substance at the time he was taking it.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 17 2010, 04:06 PM) *
I was always under the impression that Mosley admitted to taking substances that he did not know were illegal PEDs. The videotap proves nothing. he admits to knowing he took EPO. He doesnt admit thet he knew at the time it was banned, which is consistent with everything i've ever heard and read he said. He took PEDs not knowing they were banned substances. I also think there is a valid question as to was EPO a banned substance at the time he was taking it.

Exactly. They asked if he took EPO and knew it was EPO, and he said yeah almost like "um...well...yeah, I told you that already", but he didn't say whether or not he knew that EPO's were banned.

Shane's lawyer said that Conte conveniently left out the part where Shane said Victor told him he would not fail a drug test using this stuff, implying that it was not a banned substance.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 17 2010, 04:13 PM) *
What won't matter? That Shane may or may not have knowingly taken steroids in 2003?

That's got nothing to do with May 1.

what wont mater in the end is rather or not shane took the stuff.. we know he did... it wont matter because i dont think he could win this fight on or not on the stuff.. just my opinion...
Hops
IMHO, I think Mosley can win the fight if he's on this stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.