Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:9PM (CST) Pavlik vs. Martinez-SPOILERS@9:15
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post-fight reactions to the Pavlik-Martinez fight.

Jack

Administrator
JD
Man...we gotta change this Central time basis.

NO ONE uses Central time as a standard man...EASTERN!
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 17 2010, 04:49 PM) *
Let's not start an east versus west thing here. If we can compromise 3 hours, you arrogant colonists can deal with 1.

Fair enough...though I think there is a way to fix this, because seriously...Central???

HBO officially lists the fight time at 10 PM ET / 7 PM PT.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I use central as a standard....minnesota represent. Anyway, this has the potential to be one of the best fight cards this year. Two solid main event type fights, and it's not on PPV. You can't go wrong here, and I will for sure be tuning into this one. I got Bute taking a decision, but he will be stunned more than once. I also got Pavlik by KO.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 03:55 PM) *
Fair enough...though I think there is a way to fix this, because seriously...Central???

HBO officially lists the fight time at 10 PM ET / 7 PM PT.

I use CST because it's my own time zone. I remember a time when I did the EST/MT/PST thing and I missed an hour of a card because of it!

I think that whoever puts up a round by round thread, should put it up like we have been doing with their time zone. But personally if I put up the RBR thread, I do it that way because it's easiest to keep track of things.

Mods, you can make a thread in the Mod Forum if you want about what which options to use: What we decide is fine with me.

1.) Person making RBR thread uses their own time zone OR

2.) Person making RBR thread uses the ET/PT option.

Use the Mods Forum for that discussion so we can keep this thread about the fight and not the time.

I would say to keep doing it like we have been doing it with the spoiler waring 15 minutes after start time.

Jack

Administrator
JD
Ummmmm...I was playing around, Robo-mod.
Col Reb
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 03:37 PM) *

Colonists! I love it!
Col Reb
Will we have the chat going tonight? My plan is to catch the Pavlik fight live, then switch over to my DVR copy of Strikeforce. I'm looking forward to putting the kids to bed, having some drinks, and enjoying the fight dissection on chat.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 07:30 PM) *

LOL.

D-MARV
Last minute prediction chnage...

Martinez Clear UD. 116-112

Col Reb
Wow, Miranda looks like a skeleton in his HBO pic! Looks aged.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:50 PM) *
I use CST because it's my own time zone. I remember a time when I did the EST/MT/PST thing and I missed an hour of a card because of it!

I think that whoever puts up a round by round thread, should put it up like we have been doing with their time zone. But personally if I put up the RBR thread, I do it that way because it's easiest to keep track of things.

Mods, you can make a thread in the Mod Forum if you want about what which options to use: What we decide is fine with me.

1.) Person making RBR thread uses their own time zone OR

2.) Person making RBR thread uses the ET/PT option.

Use the Mods Forum for that discussion so we can keep this thread about the fight and not the time.

I would say to keep doing it like we have been doing it with the spoiler waring 15 minutes after start time.

Jack

Administrator

QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 07:30 PM) *

MOD FIGHT!!! clapping.gif

LOL
Byrd Man
Why not put in the 1st post the air times for East Coast, Mid West and West Coast? That would kill three birds with one stone, because I know I've been confused by that CST bullshit. lol
salvador
It's hard for me to believe that Martinez is going to go 11 more rounds without getting caught.
salvador
Larry Merchant: "But he's got to keep it close."
Box in Hand
Updates please.
D-MARV
Pavlik is getting his ass kicked
Box in Hand
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 17 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Pavlik is getting his ass kicked

Good shit. Go Martinez!
salvador
Decent fight.

Both of Pavlik's eyes are bloodied and the fight is close going into the final rounds.
salvador
I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Arum fighter will get the close decision. Just a hunch after 11.
salvador
Martinez by UD.

Good decision.
D-MARV
Martinez by destruction.
Douchebag
La Maravilla.

Bring on PWill, theirs unfinished business.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 17 2010, 10:56 PM) *
Martinez by destruction.

smile_anim.gif

thefloatingmonkey
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 17 2010, 08:02 PM) *
La Maravilla.

Bring on PWill, theirs unfinished business.

No doubt. This needs to happen.
The CEO
Man...if only I would have hugged Sergio's nuts, I'd probably be $2000 richer the end of this month...lol

I seriously overestimated Pavlik's pressure/work rate and underestimated Martinez' freshness...my boy came back and owned the show like The Champion he is...and even though he fucked my money over, I'm very happy for him...this moment is long overdue, and he deserves it more than anyone.
D-MARV
CEO,

I hope you realize that you would get a similar result with Pavlik-Williams.
Douchebag
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 18 2010, 12:11 AM) *
CEO,

I hope you realize that you would get a similar result with Pavlik-Williams.

I think Pavliks right hand would have found a MUCH better home against Paul's grill.
PR316
Fight went like I expected. Martinez was just too fast and too athletic. Great win for him.
d843
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 17 2010, 11:17 PM) *
I think Pavliks right hand would have found a MUCH better home against Paul's grill.
dam
kidbazooka1
Martinez is a bad dude I picked him to beat pavlik but i didn't think it was gonna be that decisive. That mid fight adjustment he maid was stuff of greats.

martinez will be middleweight king for years to come pavlik should fight Williams style wise he may have a better chance at beating Williams than going after martinez again.
The Original MrFactor
Loved the fight. Martinez really earned it. Hope to see him rematch Williams.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 18 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Loved the fight. Martinez really earned it. Hope to see him rematch Williams.

That would be another war.
BigG
Great stuff from Martinez he really whooped Pavlik. I had it 117-110 for him. That knockdown in round 7 wasn't a knockdown too
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 06:30 PM) *

LOL!!!!! I like that!!!! "Robo Mod!!!!"

On the fight,

Great win for Martinez! Liked his ability to come back after the KD to take control like he did in the early rounds. Pavlik just could not deal with the faster Martinez most of the time.

Great win for Bute! I could not stand Miranda's showboating shit and I like fighters getting their clock cleaned when they do that shit!

Jack
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 18 2010, 01:22 AM) *
Great stuff from Martinez he really whooped Pavlik. I had it 117-110 for him. That knockdown in round 7 wasn't a knockdown too

No that was not real KD but since the punch landed as he went down it was counted as such.
Snoop
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 18 2010, 06:54 AM) *
No that was not real KD but since the punch landed as he went down it was counted as such.

Martinez went down a punch, but the commentators overlooked the fact that Pavlik held his head down moments before the punch landed.
ViperSniper
...AND THE NEW!!! Sergio Martinez did what I expected him to do & did what he had to do to get the nod to claim the Middleweight titles from Pavlik.

Martinez once again showed that he will fight back when hit, showed a lot of confidence in the ring & most impressively just looks relaxed while doing it. Pavlik started landing the right in the middle of the fight when Sergio slowed down a bit which also resulted in the KD which was also due to Martinez feeting being out of place at the time.

Sergio showed he has great skills & also showed he has the ability to know what he has to do & when he has to do it which is something very special for a fighter to have. Sergio demonstrated once again that boxing, using movement & angles beat Pavlik...& a bit of clowning don't seem to hurt either.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 18 2010, 05:27 AM) *
What a fight. Martinez completely dominated him and embarrassed him in the ring, he busted him up and left his face a bloody mess. He also won me money. Making money on seeing Pavlik get exposed, clowned and busted up? It feels pretty good.

yahoo.gif

I could have told you that CEO, I said he was cut from the same cloth as Kessler and Abraham. Classic robotic 1, 2 fighters. There was only one difference, one wasn't from Europe.

laugh.gif

Pavlik is ordinary and he is the middleweights Lamon Brewster.

Yes, it feel very good!

I think Abraham is a different fighter than Kessler & Pavlik as he also has a different style & actually has a not bad of a defense. Kessler & Pavlik have more similarities between each other but have always been more impressed with Kessler as he just shows better technique & composure when he throws his his punches. I'm not saying Kessler is greater either, he just throws better punches which aint as flimsy looking as Pavlik.

Watching Martinez comeback from a slow middle section of the fight to turn the heat up & really bust Pavlik up to a bloody mess while clowning his way to the biggest victory of his life was nothing but pure entertainment which put a smile on my face.

I now want Williams to have his turn on inflicting some of his own punishment on this hyped job before stepping in to give Martinez his much deserved rematch.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
alright i know im drunk now, but damn i watched the fihgt sober and it was good. I had it 114-113, but there was a few close rounds. I thught 3 and 4 were close, but i gave four to pavlik and three to martinez. I though pavlik was taking over in the middle rounds, but taht cut really fucked pavlik up. He dropped him, but martinez caught that second wind. Good fight straight up though, I hope to see martinez get taht rematch against willaims now. he deserve it, and now another fihgt of the hyear. holla
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
oh and bute tapped that ass. miranda was looking better tahn usual but he really ran into an uppercut..fuck he can beat any super middle out there. Anybody in that super six doesn't get past bute. Bute fast and he got power. Nobdoy get by him
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 18 2010, 03:59 AM) *
alright i know im drunk now, but damn i watched the fihgt sober and it was good. I had it 114-113, but there was a few close rounds. I thught 3 and 4 were close, but i gave four to pavlik and three to martinez. I though pavlik was taking over in the middle rounds, but taht cut really fucked pavlik up. He dropped him, but martinez caught that second wind. Good fight straight up though, I hope to see martinez get taht rematch against willaims now. he deserve it, and now another fihgt of the hyear. holla

LMAO!!! I don't think you had to tell us you are drunk...we pretty much can figure that out on our own. Unless of course Eugene hacked into your account and wrote that. laugh.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 17 2010, 03:37 PM) *

I agree. If everything started an hour earlier then I'd have that much more time to run the streets once the fights are over...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Apr 18 2010, 03:27 AM) *
I agree. If everything started an hour earlier then I'd have that much more time to run the streets once the fights are over...

LOL!!!

OK, I'll see what we can do about the time thing for the next fight.

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 18 2010, 03:04 AM) *
Anybody in that super six doesn't get past bute. Bute fast and he got power. Nobdoy get by him

I'll take Ward, Kessler and Abraham over Bute all day.
d843
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 18 2010, 06:26 AM) *
I'll take Ward, Kessler and Abraham over Bute all day.
All I can say is im glad I changed my mind yesterday before the fight!I got my loot back from the abraham/dirrel fight on this fight .& then some!im curious to find out what's going to happen now.Somethings telling me that bob is going to get these 2 dudes back in the ring again soon.
JD
TOugh to say what happens next.

If Pavlik loses the rematch, he is kind of being cashed out. If he wins, all is well...is that a risk you really want to take?

Maybe let Martinez rematch Paul Williams and get Pavlik active with a tuneup or two...or move Pavlik up to 168.
Method
Pavlik needs two things - A NEW Trainer, and a NEW cutman, and even THEN I think it wont be enough at 160. If he goes to 168, he's gonna get Sgt. Slaughtered.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 18 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Pavlik needs two things - A NEW Trainer, and a NEW cutman, and even THEN I think it wont be enough at 160. If he goes to 168, he's gonna get Sgt. Slaughtered.

Yeah, he's in a conondrum; If he stays at 160 he's drying himself up and if he moves up he becomes ordinary.
d843
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 18 2010, 09:55 AM) *
I disagree,after watching the replay of the fight,its simple .He was not following directions.I lost count how many times I herd his corner tell him STOP HEAD HUNTING!
& what did he do?continue to he head hunt.So I don't believe a new trainer is the answer.They say styles makes fights.how would he do against pwill?I truly believe that a pavlik fight is a much easier fight for pwill than a rematch fight with martinez.Im sorry to say that I think bhop took something out of the ghost.He ain't the same & probably never will be.But anyway,how bout Bute!the dude is something serious!& If im any of these guys in the super six,I'd be saying "FUCK"
Thegreatequalizer
well, it looks like bute finally found his punch. i don't know what's up with that, but he's become more impressive since getting more exposure. it's a little difficult to say how he matches up with some of the other super middles. miranda and andrade's style is a lot different from ward, so that's a whole different fight. he is looking impressive though and definitely seems capable of being a champ for a while at 168.

the pavlik-martinez fight was going exactly how i thought it was going to go until martinez came back and started pouring it on in the 8th. different cut man, different fight though. his cut man was just using gauze on those cuts between rounds!! i still think pavlik ko's williams. i think it's just a bad style for him and i don't think williams' chin is a good as martinez's. i think pavlik does better in the rematch, though he'll really have to step it up if he wants to be champ again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.