Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7 thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Coming of thoughts from tonight's show...

Brother Naaz is a very smart man. I don't know why top fighters aren't beating the doors down trying to hire this man. His metaphor game is sick as well. I love how Richardson stands up for Mosley every time somebody mentions steroids.

Say what you want about Floyd but one thing you have to respect is his relationship with kids. I think it's cool that he has the gym full of kids while he trains. They have some really talented kids in there as well. "Cash Flow", the 6 year old kid had some fast hands.

Roger Mayweather sucks.
Spyder
I liked Mosley's camp yawning while watching Floyd's fight tape. laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 17 2010, 10:10 PM) *

LOL... I thought that was funny too.
Box in Hand
That was the first time I actually heard May say he was better than Ali and Robinson. I don't like Shane and I don't like Floyd. I hope they knock each other out.

Ain't none better than Ali and Robinson in this here sport of boxing. It was more than boxing. It was the times they were in and how they transcended the sport. It was the adversity they overcame that made them great.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 18 2010, 12:27 AM) *
I don't like Shane and I don't like Floyd.

Bitch I hope you like tiddlywinks then. Go to Golfhype or something with your semen crusted ass.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 18 2010, 01:12 AM) *
Bitch I hope you like tiddlywinks then. Go to Golfhype or something with your semen crusted ass.

Co-sign. I don't think the dude likes Pac either. I'm not sure he's a fan of anyone. Golfhype beckons. He can go on those forums and get into what is no doubt becoming a heated Woods/Mickleson debate.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
And to add I know Floyd is in character, but that better than Ali/Robinson shit takes the cake. How the fuck can you bet the greatest of all times when you've only fought something like 40 odd times?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 18 2010, 01:44 AM) *
Co-sign. I don't think the dude likes Pac either. I'm not sure he's a fan of anyone. Golfhype beckons. He can go on those forums and get into what is no doubt becoming a heated Woods/Mickleson debate.

You're right, I don't like Pac's ass either. I have a different code you puss. I respect those who respect those who paved the way. I don't respect cheats but I do respect good ole fashioned hard work. So with that criteria you can see why I don't like your idols.

2 cheats and a dummy who thinks he's the G.O.A.T. By the way I respect golf because they do less talking and more working.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 18 2010, 01:12 AM) *

C'mon, you're too easy. Change your name before you call someone a bitch.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 18 2010, 03:16 AM) *
You're right, I don't like Pac's ass either. I have a different code you puss. I respect those who respect those who paved the way. I don't respect cheats but I do respect good ole fashioned hard work. So with that criteria you can see why I don't like your idols.

2 cheats and a dummy who thinks he's the G.O.A.T. By the way I respect golf because they do less talking and more working.

Where did I mention that they are my idols numbnuts?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 18 2010, 02:32 AM) *
Where did I mention that they are my idols numbnuts?

Numbnuts? LMFAO. Go get the Delorian hit the pedal until you reach 85 mph, go back to the 80's and take that old ass word with you.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 18 2010, 02:39 AM) *
Numbnuts? LMFAO. Go get the Delorian hit the pedal until you reach 85 mph, go back to the 80's and take that old ass word with you.

Again since you seem a little slow on the uptake, where did I mention any of those fighters were my 'idols?'
Douchebag
I liked how Brother Naz sonned the shit out of both Roger Mayweather and Leanard Ellerbe on that phone call.
Method
Naaz "ethered" (that was for you, Hype) Roger and Leonardo.

I loved the "Lewis and Clark" analogy.

"How many guys you know, show up to the buffet...wanna be the 21st guy at the buffet line?"

-- Naazim
D-MARV
Naaz is the MAN!

More fighters need to higher this guy.
Method
Mean Mister Mustard
It was a good episode. Better than the second.

I can sort of understand where Mayweather is coming from by saying he's better than everyone; he cannot admit he's inferior, otherwise he would be unable to function. But seriously he's not better than Robinson, the man used to fight the top boxers about 12 times a year. And he didn't inject any painkillers in his hands.
Maxy
He doesn't strike me as clever enough to say that stuff simply to wind people up or get people talking, so I believe he genuinely thinks it is true.

Which is quite laughable really....
alaganza
I usually do not watch the 24/7 series. (I haven't had premium channels in over ten years) But I did watch the particular episode where Floyd claimed he was better than Ali and Robinson.

As much as I don't like Floyd. I really didn't have a problem with his statement. Especially when he said he's dedicated over 30 years to the sport just to say someone else is better than him. I completely understand where he is coming from. I didn't think it was disrespectful to believe he's better than an all-time great.

However, niether Ali or Robinson were undefeated. So obviously Floyd isn't the first one to believe he was better than each of these greats.

I would think that Floyd is definately making his argument from the standpoint of skillset. It can't be from accomplishments.

If he were making his argument from accomplishments then it would be disrespectful.

Please keep in mind, before you begin to stone me, I do not agree with Floyd. I just have no problem with the guy believing he is best.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 18 2010, 02:18 AM) *

Sweetness called you a bitch, bitch.

laugh.gif

You do have a cool name though.

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 18 2010, 10:45 AM) *
He doesn't strike me as clever enough to say that stuff simply to wind people up or get people talking, so I believe he genuinely thinks it is true.

I agree with you. He 100% believes what he says. Which I don't really have a problem with, other than I believe he's wrong.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (alaganza @ Apr 18 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I usually do not watch the 24/7 series. (I haven't had premium channels in over ten years) But I did watch the particular episode where Floyd claimed he was better than Ali and Robinson.

As much as I don't like Floyd. I really didn't have a problem with his statement. Especially when he said he's dedicated over 30 years to the sport just to say someone else is better than him. I completely understand where he is coming from. I didn't think it was disrespectful to believe he's better than an all-time great.

However, niether Ali or Robinson were undefeated. So obviously Floyd isn't the first one to believe he was better than each of these greats.

I would think that Floyd is definately making his argument from the standpoint of skillset. It can't be from accomplishments.

If he were making his argument from accomplishments then it would be disrespectful.

Please keep in mind, before you begin to stone me, I do not agree with Floyd. I just have no problem with the guy believing he is best.

I agree.
Thegreatequalizer
i think my favorite part of the second show is when he's talking about how he's the big money maker and calls mosley "shitty shane" and then calls himself classy in the next breath. he's so clueless. he thinks money = class. the main problem with this dude is that he has a skewed image of reality and he comes across as insecure and defensive instead of confident. he needs to feed his ego by telling everyone he's the best and he's better than all the greats and that he's doing shane a favor. the seed don't fall far from the tree, so being the spawn of floyd sr. kind of guaranteed that he wasn't going to have a strong grasp of logic.
kingknockout
QUOTE (alaganza @ Apr 18 2010, 10:51 AM) *

As much as I don't like Floyd. I really didn't have a problem with his statement. Especially when he said he's dedicated over 30 years to the sport just to say someone else is better than him. I completely understand where he is coming from.
I didn't think it was disrespectful to believe he's better than an all-time great.

but these haters want to act like they cant understand that little piece.
kingknockout
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Apr 18 2010, 02:57 PM) *
i think my favorite part of the second show is when he's talking about how he's the big money maker and calls mosley "shitty shane" and then calls himself classy in the next breath. he's so clueless. he thinks money = class. the main problem with this dude is that he has a skewed image of reality and he comes across as insecure and defensive instead of confident. he needs to feed his ego by telling everyone he's the best and he's better than all the greats and that he's doing shane a favor. the seed don't fall far from the tree, so being the spawn of floyd sr. kind of guaranteed that he wasn't going to have a strong grasp of logic.

so when are you going to stop bashing him and talk about the part where he was shown dressed up at his foundation party? to help kids that are very poor?

oh okay

i'll wait rolleyes_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Apr 18 2010, 11:04 PM) *
so when are you going to stop bashing him and talk about the part where he was shown dressed up at his foundation party? to help kids that are very poor?

oh okay

i'll wait rolleyes_anim.gif

Really? I thought that was just the weekly Mayweather family disco night, down in Floyd's basement. I mean there didn't seem to be anyone else there, except for some random white dude tapping away in the background. laugh.gif

Or perhaps it was Uncle Roger's going away party to celebrate his upcoming 10 years in the slammer for assualting yet another woman?
ROLL DEEP
I just watched the second installment.

Man, Floyd comes off as a confused, immature and strange man.

One minute he's saying he has class and style, then he's swearing in front of his kids, then he's saying he's better than Ali and Robinson, then he's giving his daughter a lesson on being strong and rising above doubters, then he's back to acting like an 18 year old by talking about money and taking the piss outta Shane.

He does seem quite weird....but then I suppose growing up around his uncle and dad will do that nea.gif

thisneverworks
My favorite part of this latest episode? Two words. Cash. Flow.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Apr 19 2010, 12:45 PM) *
My favorite part of this latest episode? Two words. Cash. Flow.

That kid looked lethal!

Lekai was watching him like, 'Damn. I hope I never have to fight this kid.'
Method
That kid will be another Fernando Vargas.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 17 2010, 07:10 PM) *

Yeah, that was the highlight of the show aside from Cashflow.

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 17 2010, 11:12 PM) *

Ouch. LOL@Golfhype.

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 18 2010, 12:18 AM) *

Nothin' wrong with being sweet. The ladies seem to like it.

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 19 2010, 11:39 AM) *
That kid looked lethal!

Lekai was watching him like, 'Damn. I hope I never have to fight this kid.'

Lekai would run circles around Cashflow. Cashflow has to learn something that is in Lekai's blood. Lekai by late TKO, LOL!
Big Slim Sweet
My favorite part of the episode (aside from Cashflow of course) was when Naazim was questioning how many street fights Floyd got into as a kid. Also when he was talking about Floyd turning into a dragon. And when he was shouting down Roger and Gay Leonard on the conference call.

He's the best part of the show to me. 24/7 has always been the Mayweathers this and Freddie Roach that. Nice to hear someone else talk boxing for a change. Especially someone as knowledgeable as Naaz.
lloyd mayflower
I have to admit, i'v only just started catching up with this 24/7. Hadnt seen any of it till lastnight and the first thing that struck me was, does ANYONE actually think Floyd Mayweather is funny? Honest to god (I know im treading old ground here) he is worse than a fucking child! I remember he was behaving like this in the build up to the Hatton fight and found him stupid then. He seems to have regressed since then. He just fuckin shouts and hollers like a child, when hes not spluttering and stuttering like he just came out a coma and talking about himself and only himself.

Man I cant believe how happy Shane Mosley could potentially make me on May 1st!
mexi-cutioner
I try to like Floyd, I really do, but it's so hard when to like him after you hear some of the shit he spews. Ali made that shit sound good but Floyd comes off as if he's trying too god damn hard..
King Eugene
"Shane still got a jheri curl....It's 2010! He musta woke up in the hot tub time machine."-MAYWEATHER

"YOU f**kIN DUMMY...I'M A PRIZE FIGHTER..THATS WHAT I'M SUPPOSE TO FIGHT FOR A PRIZE...DUH"-MAYWEATHER

laugh.gif
Classics
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 22 2010, 01:02 PM) *
"Shane still got a jheri curl....It's 2010! He musta woke up in the hot tub time machine."-MAYWEATHER

"YOU f**kIN DUMMY...I'M A PRIZE FIGHTER..THATS WHAT I'M SUPPOSE TO FIGHT FOR A PRIZE...DUH"-MAYWEATHER

laugh.gif
Classics

I have to admit. Mayweather is playing the villain role much better than before. WWE appearances must have helped.
jlupi
I respect golf because they do less talking and more working>>>>

of course tigers dr happens to be all the way in canada. and is a hgh supplier LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.