Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather constantly talking about Shane and steroids
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Big Slim Sweet
I mean, really, we're talking about a situation that's 7 years old now. There's nothing linking Shane to steroids ever since. By all accounts, he's been clean since DLH 2. Not to mention the fact that Mosley agreed to Olympic style testing for this fight at Floyd's insistence. The steroid ordeal should be a non-issue.

So why do the Mayweathers continue to bring it up at every opportunity like it's still a concern?

You think Floyd's just talking trash, trying to get into Mosley's head?

Or is he putting together a built-in excuse should he lose?
Lil-lightsout
Basically just talking trash. It's funny how you rarely ever heard a peep from anyone about steroids for years, that is until he destroyed Margarito. Now that is all people talk about to diss Shane. Where was all the steroid talk for all his other years of fighting? All it is is an excuse for Mosley hater's to bring up. So he made a mistake 7 years ago, get over it. I guess everybody here is perfect(and Floyd), and they never made any mistakes? Heck, Mosley did not look so good in the rematch with Oscar when he got busted with them. Sure did not help him there. Toney got busted with them against Ruiz, and everybody knows what Toney looked like for that fight.

But of course when Shane wins May 1, sure Floyd will somehow throw the steroid thing back in the mix, even though he IS taking this testing and passing.
D-MARV
Mayweather is trying to sell the fight. /thread
thehype
laugh.gif

I love it. That's all anyone is talking about...Mayweather and Mosley...mission accomplished Floyd. LOL. Mission accomplished.

Probably trying to irritate Shane a little bit too.

laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 19 2010, 12:33 PM) *
laugh.gif

I love it. That's all anyone is talking about...Mayweather and Mosley...mission accomplished Floyd. LOL. Mission accomplished.

laugh.gif

Hell yeah that's all I'm talking about. What else should I be talking about on a boxing message board less than two weeks from showtime? Chris Arrerola and Alfredo Angulo? Mikkel Freakin Kessler??

laugh.gif
alaganza
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 19 2010, 01:33 PM) *
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Cosign

Mayweather knows exactly what he's doing. Whether you pay to see him win or you pay to see him get punished, the bottom line is you pay.
Method
If I were Sugar Sham, I'd have stipulated that Olympic Style Testing/No more talk of roids (until after the fight).

May just trying to get in Shane's head and fuck him all up. Distract his focus.
Lil-lightsout
The ONLY thing he is doing is adding extra motivation for SUGAR SHANE, ain't doing a damn thing(to Shane) but just making it worse when Fraud gets KTFO!
Spyder
It's obvious that Floyd had the same plan for Pacquiao...I can't beleive some of you guys didn't see that.

It's ALL about the mind games. Floyd and these drug tests are his way of mind-fucking the opponents...he hopes to distract them during training, and piss them off enough to go balls to the wall after him in the fight. He wants to be able to just sit back and pick them off, like the matador does to the bull.

This shit was WAY TOO OBVIOUS from the beginning.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 19 2010, 03:39 PM) *
It's obvious that Floyd had the same plan for Pacquiao...I can't beleive some of you guys didn't see that.

It's ALL about the mind games. Floyd and these drug tests are his way of mind-fucking the opponents...he hopes to distract them during training, and piss them off enough to go balls to the wall after him in the fight. He wants to be able to just sit back and pick them off, like the matador does to the bull.

This shit was WAY TOO OBVIOUS from the beginning.

Ding Ding Ding...

You don't have to be a rocket scientist ti figure this out. He has two angles...piss them off to make them go all out and to promote/sell the fight.
Byrd Man
As long as people admit that this is all about mind games and ZERO to do with "cleaning up the sport" or any other nonsense him and his people have come out with. He doesn't give a fuck about Boxing, and he's essentially said that time and time again with comments like boxing's dead without him, and whatnot.

Fuck him. WAR SHANE!
Mean Mister Mustard
I doubt many boxing fans buy Mayweather fights simply because he pisses them off. I'm not denying that a lot of people want to see him lose but most boxing fans watch Mayweather A) Because he's a big name, cool.gif He's a supremely skilled boxer and yes C)They want to see him challenged. I'll admit that there might be people out there who simply watch his fights in the hopes of seeing him catch a beating but I doubt many of them are boxing fans. I mean, just look at the predicitons most boxing fans are making; The Majority agree that Mayweather will be too slick and smart for Mosley. So I doubt anyone would shell 60 bucks to "hoping" to see a guy lose.
STEVENSKI
I want to see Shane kill Floyd. I'm talking a Griffith vs Paret no joke Floyd dead beside the ring type of deal.
Keith
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 19 2010, 06:00 PM) *
As long as people admit that this is all about mind games and ZERO to do with "cleaning up the sport" or any other nonsense him and his people have come out with. He doesn't give a fuck about Boxing, and he's essentially said that time and time again with comments like boxing's dead without him, and whatnot.

Fuck him. WAR SHANE!

Why the fuck arent you on the Train Byrd Man?
leonthegee
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 19 2010, 09:01 AM) *
I mean, really, we're talking about a situation that's 7 years old now. There's nothing linking Shane to steroids ever since. By all accounts, he's been clean since DLH 2. Not to mention the fact that Mosley agreed to Olympic style testing for this fight at Floyd's insistence. The steroid ordeal should be a non-issue.

So why do the Mayweathers continue to bring it up at every opportunity like it's still a concern?

You think Floyd's just talking trash, trying to get into Mosley's head?

Or is he putting together a built-in excuse should he lose?

ya and margarito only loaded his gloves for the mosley fight.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 19 2010, 07:49 PM) *

He's smart enough to know not to get on that death trap. That shits destined to derail and not only derail but derail inbetween two cliffs. There will be no survivors.
Keith
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 19 2010, 08:56 PM) *
He's smart enough to know not to get on that death trap. That shits destined to derail and not only derail but derail inbetween two cliffs. There will be no survivors.

laugh.gif

Ya Ya Ya Queen...
alaganza
I obviously missed something. How did D-Marv get thrown off the War Train?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 19 2010, 04:46 PM) *
I want to see Shane kill Floyd. I'm talking a Griffith vs Paret no joke Floyd dead beside the ring type of deal.

Blah blah blah blah
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 19 2010, 05:49 PM) *

lol. I don't get caught up in all those wagons/trains/buses/etc.

Besides, who I WANT to win and who I THINK will win, are often two different fighters.
Big Slim Sweet
So no one thinks after Shane whips Floyd that someone in the Mayweather camp won't try using steroids as an excuse?

Don't know about that.
STEVENSKI
Well if Floyd wins it will be because he is juicing. As we all know you don't need proof just baseless accusations to ensure someones guilt.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 19 2010, 09:14 PM) *
lol. I don't get caught up in all those wagons/trains/buses/etc.

Besides, who I WANT to win and who I THINK will win, are often two different fighters.

...as I said before...Smart man!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 19 2010, 09:02 PM) *
...as I said before...Smart man!

shut up! lol
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 19 2010, 11:07 PM) *
shut up! lol

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Byrd Man
Just stop fucking with me, and get lost in my beautiful beautiful avatar! lol
RyanTical
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 19 2010, 10:31 AM) *
Mayweather is trying to sell the fight. /thread

Exactly. I see 24/7 as a scripted mellow drama. Hype purposes only, don't read into it!

QUOTE (alaganza @ Apr 19 2010, 11:46 AM) *
Cosign

Mayweather knows exactly what he's doing. Whether you pay to see him win or you pay to see him get punished, the bottom line is you pay.

Damn straight. Business 101.

QUOTE (Method @ Apr 19 2010, 11:50 AM) *
If I were Sugar Sham, I'd have stipulated that Olympic Style Testing/No more talk of roids (until after the fight).

May just trying to get in Shane's head and fuck him all up. Distract his focus.

I doubt Mayweather cares what Shane thinks, Shane is the one who has to think when he gets in the ring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.