Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 24/7 vs. 360
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KENSOFINE
Its kind of a toss up, for me.

HBO's 24/7 was the pioneer, and it basically extended its "Countdown to..." which gives you great analytical point of views regarding each fighters strengths and weaknesses...at it seems to promote fights A LOT better.

on the other hand...

360 does the BEFORE and AFTER, so you get the fighters response of whats going through their head at that precise moment. It also shows you what goes into making a fight happen, such as the actual negotiation process with managers, etc.

Which is better, in your opinion and WHY?
JD
360...without question.

There is a level of authenticity that is there, and that comes from the fact it doesn't feel rehearsed. It is not stale, each episode offers something different, whereas 24 X 7 seems the same not only episode to episode, but series to series.

Fight camp 360 by a LANDSLIDE in my opinion.
Method
agREED.
KENSOFINE
Yeah, my initial thinking was 24/7...because the production, music, theatrical nature of it is WAAAY better than 360, but as far as just the raw facts of a fight, you can make a strong case for 360. 360 seems to lose steam because it is inconsistent with when it comes on. 24/7 usually does a better job of making the fight seem more intriguing, and has more interesting fights to begin with, which makes you want to learn more about the supposed epic match-up.
Michigan Assassin
360 so far is a much better show.

The post fight clearly sets it apart but also the moments with the promotors working angles for their fighters etc.

24/7 all feels the same to me now. Mayweather starts talking shit, or in Pacqiuao Hatton 24/7 his dad does, and you don't really learn anything new.

Except that Marquez drank his piss.

360 really kicks ass.
PR316
24/7 lately has been trying too hard to sell a fight and lots of times we are bombarded with stories we dont care about.

360 is more authentic and is funner to watch IMO.
Snoop
Production: HBO > Showtime

Content: HBO < Showtime
KookedKrack
360 shows the pre/during/post fight drama, the backstage stuff with the promoters beefing with each other over their fighters.

24/7 feels like a "show" 360 has more of the documentary feel to me idk if that makes sense...
Method
The promoter's segment was awesome. Seeing all those personalities around one table...priceless. A den of thieves. How about Dan Goosen sitting there in a suit w his shirt unbuttoned down to his fat ass belly button. where do these guys get there sense of style?
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 23 2010, 04:44 PM) *
The promoter's segment was awesome. Seeing all those personalities around one table...priceless. A den of thieves. How about Dan Goosen sitting there in a suit w his shirt unbuttoned down to his fat ass belly button. where do these guys get there sense of style?

laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 23 2010, 12:00 PM) *
Production: HBO > Showtime

Content: HBO < Showtime

Exactly. The production value of the two shows is not even close. 24/7 is truly groundbreaking in that regard.

I like the content that 360 brings. It's unusual to have that many promoters involved in a process that they're used to be the only guy in charge. Pretty cool behind the scenes look at the buisness side of the sport.
Col Reb
24/7 - it's not even close. I set the DVR to record those and get pumped to watch the dramatics, especially when Mayweather is involved. 360 I find kind of boring, in fact I usually don't even watch them. The production quallity seems so much higher on HBO; that's why they're winning the emmy so many times for 24/7.
Mean Mister Mustard
Well Col I guess it depends on what you like. 24/7 is definitely easier on the eyes and is more effective at catching the viewer's attention. 360 is documenting the events while 24/7 tries to make it all look like a big ROCKY montage before the bg fight. I like them both though.
JLUVBABY
personally i like both shows.. anytime i can watch and get insights on the fights its interesting... but 24/7 by far over 360... both are good but if i had to miss one to watch the other id miss 360 for 24/7... like someone said when floyds involved with 24/7 its even more special cuzz he puts that crazy flavor on it...
JLUVBABY
personally i like both shows.. anytime i can watch and get insights on the fights its interesting... but 24/7 by far over 360... both are good but if i had to miss one to watch the other id miss 360 for 24/7... like someone said when floyds involved with 24/7 its even more special cuzz he puts that crazy flavor on it...
Snoop
What it comes down to is if you prefer a documentary or a show. I think 360 shows more of the real life behind the matches and 24/7 is more or less a scripted show. Both have their pros and cons I suppose. I guess I just prefer "coverage" over "entertainment".
jlupi
24 is more of an advertisement. I hate reality shows so Il go with the ad that is 24/7
Snoop
QUOTE (jlupi @ Apr 23 2010, 11:48 PM) *
24 is more of an advertisement. I hate reality shows so Il go with the ad that is 24/7

24/7 is more of a "reality show" IMO.
JonnyBlaze
I gotta go with the majority..360 is all around better since it does have that real feel to it where 24/7 seems to be only for hype and buys..360 is the real deal!!!
D-MARV
360 crushes 24/7.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.