Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Honestly, what do u think of Jack Loew?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
How do you feel he operated Pavlik corner last weekend and should he stay or leave Team Pavlik?
Method
I think Jack Loew has done a good job and taken Kelly as far as Jack Loew is capable. I think Pavlik needs to find a new trainer. Maybe a Pat Burns. I think Jack Loew doesn't advise the proper adjustments in the corner in between rounds. I also believe he is too dismissive of opponents, and that he relies way too much on the idea of Kelly's power to stop everyone.

I like Jack Loew, but he's limited, and the limit has been reached.
Box in Hand
Jack Loew has done a great job for a guy with no fighting background in a poor town. He was working a full time job and then teaching which gets the mad stupid dope props (That's from the movie Waiting, I don't really talk like that).

With that being said, it may be time to move Pavlik under a more seasoned trainer. After the Hopkins fight, Hopkins gave Pavlik some excellent advise which wasn't followed. He said that Kelly should add some rhythm to his style like the black fighters have and he'll be more complete. Kelly is too robotic and predictable. He can be timed and he can be neutralized.

I'd like to see him under Nazzim or even Manny Steward or one of the Mayweathers. He needs to add some funk like Rocky got from Apollo and Jack can't do that.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cosign on both Meth and BoxinHand's comments. Leow should be proud that he took Pavlik all the way to the middleweight championship of the world, that is more than many trainers can say they did. However, he seems to have reached an impasse with Pavlik when it comes to fighting slick fighters. Now, this isn't the worst thing in the world, it's not like he lost to two light punching guys and he did fight pretty well against Martinez. At this point though, it seems like he's not learning anything new. Little things like fighting between clinches, improved defense or mixing up his punches. Like Fitz had pointed out after the Rubio fight; All Pavlik has been doing so far is throw a 1-2, followed by left hook to the body. His left hook isn't even that good. His uppercuts are pretty decent but anyway, the point is he needs someone new.
Snoop
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Apr 24 2010, 12:49 AM) *
I'd like to see him under Nazzim or even Manny Steward or one of the Mayweathers. He needs to add some funk like Rocky got from Apollo and Jack can't do that.

LMAO. If Rocky ever represented a real boxing scenario, that would be it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.