Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The way Judah could have beat Mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
LoneRyu
In the first $ rounds against Mayweather Zab was conservative but acurate with his power punches then his dad says let em go start throwing more punches. In my opinion if zabs father would have kept his mouth shut Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.
D-MARV
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 10:48 PM) *
In the first $ rounds against Mayweather Zab was conservative but acurate with his power punches then his dad says let em go start throwing more punches. In my opinion if zabs father would have kept his mouth shut Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.

I guess you didn't see the adjustments Floyd made... I'm sure that had a little to do with it. dntknw.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 23 2010, 10:12 PM) *
I guess you didn't see the adjustments Floyd made... I'm sure that had a little to do with it. dntknw.gif

A little??That's an understatement..hahaha..I know you're just fuckin around though..

Anyway,Zab had a good start but Mayweather is able to adjust to anyone in my opinion whether it's a little bit or a lot(most cases)..Sad but true..
LoneRyu
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 23 2010, 08:12 PM) *

i never said that. i feel that being economical i.e. intelligent with his aggression got him alot farther than angrily throwing combinations.
thehype
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Zab could have won through patience and accuracy.

But that's the whole problem...Zab has NEVER been a patient fighter, so your logic is flawed. I mean, heck, Zab could have beat Baldomir if he actually trained...Zab could have beat Tszyu if he didn't drop his hands and pull straight back...Zab could have beat Shane if he didn't get pissed at his dad and put his hand through a glass window...Zab could have done A LOT of things, but he didn't, therefore, the outcome is what has been written in the history books.

laugh.gif
KookedKrack
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 10:52 PM) *
But that's the whole problem...Zab has NEVER been a patient fighter, so your logic is flawed. I mean, heck, Zab could have beat Baldomir if he actually trained...Zab could have beat Tszyu if he didn't drop his hands and pull straight back...Zab could have beat Shane if he didn't get pissed at his dad and put his hand through a glass window...Zab could have done A LOT of things, but he didn't, therefore, the outcome is what has been written in the history books.

laugh.gif

When BigG reads this he is either going to shed a tear or become enraged. laugh.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 24 2010, 03:33 AM) *
i never said that. i feel that being economical i.e. intelligent with his aggression got him alot farther than angrily throwing combinations.

I believe making an early start against mayweather in a counterpunching role is a good idea, so long as you have the speed to pull it off. Floyd lets his opponents swarm him, as pressure is the conventional logic to beating floyd... and look at how successful thats been. He just lets you waste punches, pot shot, and let you tire yourself out. If you have the speed, reverse the roles, get floyd to attack.

Of course, there will come a point where floyd makes an adjustment. The key to winning will be to recognize this point and switch your own game accordingly. Something zab was incapable of, hence the result.

Sure floyd won the fight down the stretch as judah fell apart, but the fight was close. I gave judah 4 rounds, and a knockdown if it had been scored correctly.

Adding in the fact that judah was choked badly during the scuffle, its not inconcievable he could have pulled a draw. Just 2 rounds IMO was all he needed for a win IMO. And then looking at floyds resume... draw or lost to Judah? The P4P greatest of all time ?

Over rated
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 23 2010, 08:48 PM) *

I think zab gave floyd the most trouble more than castillo
The big thing here is zab's pops Yoel I mean seriously watch zabs early fights when Lou Duva trained him and then watch zabs fights when Yoel took over you see a MAJOR change in fundamentals and show boating.... zabs downfall was letting his pops train him.
thehype
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 23 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Sure floyd won the fight down the stretch as judah fell apart, but the fight was close. I gave judah 4 rounds, and a knockdown if it had been scored correctly.

Adding in the fact that judah was choked badly during the scuffle, its not inconcievable he could have pulled a draw. Just one round IMO was all he needed. And then looking at floyds resume... draw with Judah? The P4P greatest of all time drawed with Judah?

Over rated

Or maybe...just MAYBE Judah "fell apart" down the stretch because his ass was getting picked apart by Mayweather. The body work got Zab to drop his hands and then Floyd busted him up all over the place. That fight was only "close" after the first 4 rounds...and I don't care if you gave every single one of those first 4 rounds to Zab...after that, it was all Floyd, who started fvckin Zab up so bad that Judah jacked him in the balls just to catch a break. If you consider the fact that Judah was eating some heavy leather just prior to that low blow and scuffle, in my opinion, his ass was about to get knocked the fvck out!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

laugh.gif

I swear, with some of you, it's always, always, ALWAYS what the other guy does or doesn't do...it's never about what Floyd actually gets done in there.

laugh.gif

Underappreciated
LoneRyu
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Or maybe...just MAYBE Judah "fell apart" down the stretch because his ass was getting picked apart by Mayweather. The body work got Zab to drop his hands and then Floyd busted him up all over the place. That fight was only "close" after the first 4 rounds...and I don't care if you gave every single one of those first 4 rounds to Zab...after that, it was all Floyd, who started fvckin Zab up so bad that Judah jacked him in the balls just to catch a break. If you consider the fact that Judah was eating some heavy leather just prior to that low blow and scuffle, in my opinion, his ass was about to get knocked the fvck out!

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

laugh.gif

I swear, with some of you, it's always, always, ALWAYS what the other guy does or doesn't do...it's never about what Floyd actually gets done in there.

laugh.gif

Underappreciated

you know im actually a floyd fan. hes the smartest fighter today bar none. im my opinion zab pushed him the farthest athletically and that was exciting to see. i think mosley will be a tougher fight than pac down the line if it happens. thats why im really into the may mosley fight.
thehype
QUOTE (LoneRyu @ Apr 24 2010, 12:26 AM) *
you know im actually a floyd fan. hes the smartest fighter today bar none. im my opinion zab pushed him the farthest athletically and that was exciting to see. i think mosley will be a tougher fight than pac down the line if it happens. thats why im really into the may mosley fight.

Oh, he definitely provided some problems athletically, and it took Floyd a little while to figure that speed out, but honestly, even though Zab won those early rounds, he never really had Floyd in danger...he never really did any serious damage...he was winning the rounds because he was outworking him, which is great, but if you're not inflicting any damage, you gotta make sure you outwork him in EVERY round...or at least 7-8 rounds, just to make sure you definitely get the nod on the scorecards. Zab is NOTORIOUS for poor training habits...resting in the middle rounds...it's always just a matter of time with Zab. So although he provided an athletic challenge with his speed early in the fight, ultimately, it turned out to be pretty easy to figure out...the body shots slowed him down and the rest was history. It's basic really. To this day though, I still think ol' Emanuel Augustus (Emanuel Burton) may have given Floyd his "toughest" challenge. Truth be told, I think Floyd's fight with Shane might look a lot like that fight if Shane chooses to really be brave and bring it to Floyd. Don't get me wrong...Emanuel was getting LIT UP...but man, he had some grit and kept bringing it to Floyd...he caught an overconfident Floyd in an exchange too...that chin was just floatin' around in the air during an exchange (wooooo, Floyd was lightin' him up) and Emanuel clipped him. For a split second, Floyd shook a little...he definitely got defensive after that as he gathered his wits...I'm not even sure if Emanuel noticed it, but the point is, THAT'S how you have to fight Floyd Mayweather. Man, you can't try to outthink this guy...you can't try to outbox this guy...the dude was born with boxing gloves on...you can't be technical with him...you gotta just say fvck it, throw caution to the wind and go out swinging. Hagler style baby! Floyd learned a VALUABLE lesson in that fight, which is why, to this day, he'll still tell you that was his "toughest" fight...if you don't force him to open up, and so long as he can control his own ego inside the ring, you're not going to get him to open up like that and expose that chin. Shane's gonna have to get Marvin Hagler on that ass and just jump on him from the start...stay in his face and keep those hands moving. Unfortunately, I just don't see his old ass being able to do that. So like I said, I think this one might turn out to be very similar to Floyd's fight with Emanuel...which, hey, that could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing depending on who you're rootin' for. LOL. For those of you pulling for Mosley though, oddly enough, you gotta hope that he can duplicate the same effort that Emanuel gave. Personally, I don't see that happening. And even if it does, he's still gonna be getting lit up. LOL. Note the uppercut that Floyd throws...I have a funny feeling that will play a role on May 1, 2010. LOL.

If James Toney were a welterweight, he'd be Floyd Mayweather. LOL.
tymoney
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 11:03 PM) *

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Underappreciated

Cosign 100%. Aussieland calls Floyd overrated b/c Zab couldve won.. isnt that every fight? Lol.. Shane was behind on one scorecard and only up by one point on the other scorecard in the mayorga fight.. so by that logic doesnt that makes Shane overrated cuz he couldve possibly fought to a majority draw had it gone to distance? A majority draw with a one dimensional not half as talented Mayorga? NO.. styles makes fights.. it is what it is.
AussieLad
Merely pointing out that floyd had a very close fight with a guy that hype acknowledges is "NOTORIOUS for poor training habits...resting in the middle rounds...it's always just a matter of time with Zab"

So either Zab does what he always does and fades, or mayweather took control of a fight he was losing by making adjustments? Could he have taken control because of zab fading, as he has a track record of doing?
JD
Castillo pushed Floyd the hardest...but Judah gave Floyd the most problems early. Who knows how the fight would have gone had the KD been scored correctly, my sense is that it would have gone exactly the same.

Zab is a 4 round terror, after that he fades and closes shop...and when the guy in front of him is flat out better, Zab stops doing much of anything.
D-MARV
LMFAO at this thread...

So Floyd is overrated beacause Judah "Could" have beaten him???? LOL
jlupi
if he didn't get pissed at his dad and put his hand through a glass window>>>>>

too bad he didnt get mad enough to get a new trainer. I dont know if his father has held up judah but he sure hasent helped him in recent years
thehype
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 24 2010, 03:53 AM) *
Merely pointing out that floyd had a very close fight with a guy that hype acknowledges is "NOTORIOUS for poor training habits...resting in the middle rounds...it's always just a matter of time with Zab"

So either Zab does what he always does and fades, or mayweather took control of a fight he was losing by making adjustments? Could he have taken control because of zab fading, as he has a track record of doing?

Except the problem with that logic is that I never said or thought that it was a "close" fight.

8 rounds to 4 or 9 rounds to 3, which is what I believe I scored it, is NOT, in my opinion, a close fight. In fact, the judges didn't really see it as a close fight either: 119-109, 116-112, 117-111.

So Floyd NEVER HAD a very close fight with a guy that I aknowledge is "NOTORIOUS for poor training habits...resting in the middle rounds...it's always just a matter of time with Zab". The fight went exactly as expected...Zab was in the fight for the first four rounds (like he always is), his opponent made adjustments (like every opponent who's beaten him has done), they took over in the middle rounds while Zab was being lazy and then in the late rounds, it was too late for Zab. That's not to say Zab couldn't have rectified the situation, as he's tried to in previous fights (i.e. Cory Spinks), however, depending on who he was fighting, if he knew he could come back, he'd try (i.e. again, Cory Spinks), but if he knew he was beat, he'd check out (i.e. Clottey and Mayweather).

So Floyd did exactly what he was supposed to do against an opponent who already had a blueprint on how to beat him. I'm not saying Floyd deserves a bunch of credit for figuring Zab out, because, quite frankly, I think he already knew what Zab was about. Not once did Floyd really look concerned in those first four rounds...he remained calm, took his time, picked him apart and dominated him down the stretch. Where this misconception about it being a close fight is coming from, I have no idea, but it was NOT a close fight.

And while we're at it, Floyd's fight with De La Hoya was NOT a close fight either, and yet, somehow, some judge actually gave the fight to De La Hoya. LOL. Unbelievable. I'm sure there's a few people around here who would argue a similar point...."If De La Hoya would've kept jabbing, he could've won the fight."

laugh.gif

Yeah...okay...IF he would've kept jabbing...IF he would've landed a hayemaker...IF, IF, IF...you can say that about any fight, but the point is, it DIDN'T happen, and there's a reason why it DIDN'T happen. There's a reason why De La Hoya stopped throwing that jab and that reason is Floyd Mayweather Jr., who kept countering his ass over the top of that jab. Oscar's no fool...he knew what the fvck was happening to him, so he shut it down and went into "pretend-fight" mode. Wise decision on his part. Marquez did the exact same thing against Floyd...went into "pretend-fight" mode. Ricky Hatton, on the other hand, did not...and he got knocked the fvck out. The question is, what's Mosley going to do? Is he going to go into "pretend-fight" mode too once he finds out he's gettin' whooped or is he going to continue to "bring it"? Emanuel Augustus continued to bring it.

laugh.gif
BigG
Zab vs Mayweather was NOT close! I'm a big fan of Zab but I only gave him the first 2 rounds. All 3-12 was Mayweather.
Lil-lightsout
All I can say about Judah is thankfully he punched that glass, because man he would annihilated Mosley. laugh.gif Did you hear all the tough nasty smack talk he did on Mosley through the years? That shit was scary. And to top it off, did you see his amazing performance against Clottey. Oh yeah... Shane is just lucky Judah used his skills on that glass and not his head. rolleyes_anim.gif
AussieLad
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 05:44 PM) *
Except the problem with that logic is that I never said or thought that it was a "close" fight.

8 rounds to 4 or 9 rounds to 3, which is what I believe I scored it, is NOT, in my opinion, a close fight. In fact, the judges didn't really see it as a close fight either: 119-109, 116-112, 117-111.

So Floyd NEVER HAD a very close fight with a guy that I aknowledge is "NOTORIOUS for poor training habits...resting in the middle rounds...it's always just a matter of time with Zab". The fight went exactly as expected...Zab was in the fight for the first four rounds (like he always is), his opponent made adjustments (like every opponent who's beaten him has done), they took over in the middle rounds while Zab was being lazy and then in the late rounds, it was too late for Zab. That's not to say Zab couldn't have rectified the situation, as he's tried to in previous fights (i.e. Cory Spinks), however, depending on who he was fighting, if he knew he could come back, he'd try (i.e. again, Cory Spinks), but if he knew he was beat, he'd check out (i.e. Clottey and Mayweather).

So Floyd did exactly what he was supposed to do against an opponent who already had a blueprint on how to beat him. I'm not saying Floyd deserves a bunch of credit for figuring Zab out, because, quite frankly, I think he already knew what Zab was about. Not once did Floyd really look concerned in those first four rounds...he remained calm, took his time, picked him apart and dominated him down the stretch. Where this misconception about it being a close fight is coming from, I have no idea, but it was NOT a close fight.

And while we're at it, Floyd's fight with De La Hoya was NOT a close fight either, and yet, somehow, some judge actually gave the fight to De La Hoya. LOL. Unbelievable. I'm sure there's a few people around here who would argue a similar point...."If De La Hoya would've kept jabbing, he could've won the fight."

laugh.gif

Yeah...okay...IF he would've kept jabbing...IF he would've landed a hayemaker...IF, IF, IF...you can say that about any fight, but the point is, it DIDN'T happen, and there's a reason why it DIDN'T happen. There's a reason why De La Hoya stopped throwing that jab and that reason is Floyd Mayweather Jr., who kept countering his ass over the top of that jab. Oscar's no fool...he knew what the fvck was happening to him, so he shut it down and went into "pretend-fight" mode. Wise decision on his part. Marquez did the exact same thing against Floyd...went into "pretend-fight" mode. Ricky Hatton, on the other hand, did not...and he got knocked the fvck out. The question is, what's Mosley going to do? Is he going to go into "pretend-fight" mode too once he finds out he's gettin' whooped or is he going to continue to "bring it"? Emanuel Augustus continued to bring it.

laugh.gif

You get blisters on your fingers typing that novel?
thehype
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 24 2010, 05:23 PM) *
You get blisters on your fingers typing that novel?

Nope!

I can do this all day baby!

HARD WORK...DEDICATION...HARD WORK...DEDICATION...

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Nope!

Hype doesn't get tired he gets hungrier lol
someone hit I on the head saying zab pushed Floyd the most athletically but no adjustments were made by him or yoel as said once zab left Lou duva it was a wrap his training went down and so did his chance of being an elite fighter
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Nope!

Hype doesn't get tired he gets hungrier lol
someone hit I on the head saying zab pushed Floyd the most athletically but no adjustments were made by him or yoel as said once zab left Lou duva it was a wrap his training went down and so did his chance of being an elite fighter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.