Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather vs Pacquiao Negotiations Post May 1st
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
LoneRyu
assuming mayweather wins convincingly
thehype
It doesn't matter if he wins convincingly or not...if Pacquiao isn't willing to submit to random USADA drug testing, the fight ain't happening...period...so there's nothing to negotiate.

Besides...Bob Arum doesn't want to make the fight anyway. Why put Manny in with Floyd and only get 20% of the pot (because he'll have to split the rest with Golden Boy and everyone else) when he can put Manny in with Margarito, Foreman, or any other Top Rank fighters and get 80% of the pot (because he won't have to split anything with anyone)?

The only way that the fight will happen is if Manny Pacquiao demands the fight from Bob, and if so, then he'll have to take the USADA drug tests. Ol' Arum is going to use that drug testing to dissuade Manny from fighting Mayweather and convince him to fight guys like Margarito, Foreman, Chavez Jr., etc. Is this not obvious to everyone yet?

laugh.gif
LoneRyu
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 08:56 PM) *
It doesn't matter if he wins convincingly or not...if Pacquiao isn't willing to submit to random USADA drug testing, the fight ain't happening...period...so there's nothing to negotiate.

Besides...Bob Arum doesn't want to make the fight anyway. Why put Manny in with Floyd and only get 20% of the pot (because he'll have to split the rest with Golden Boy and everyone else) when he can put Manny in with Margarito, Foreman, or any other Top Rank fighters and get 80% of the pot (because he won't have to split anything with anyone)?

The only way that the fight will happen is if Manny Pacquiao demands the fight from Bob, and if so, then he'll have to take the USADA drug tests. Ol' Arum is going to use that drug testing to dissuade Manny from fighting Mayweather and convince him to fight guys like Margarito, Foreman, Chavez Jr., etc. Is this not obvious to everyone yet?

laugh.gif

im just hoping pac chills out out on accurate random blood testing and fights... what worries me though is the purse split negotiations
AussieLad
The purse split was the main stumbling block (before the drug debacle) in my eyes to the fight being signed. But it turned out it barely got a mention, which surprised me alot
thehype
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 24 2010, 12:03 AM) *
The purse split was the main stumbling block (before the drug debacle) in my eyes to the fight being signed. But it turned out it barely got a mention, which surprised me alot

Huh? The purse split was the main stumbling block? That's funny...I don't remember it being a major issue. I thought they resolved that pretty quickly actually and just agreed to 50/50.

Now, after May 1, if Mayweather beats Mosley badly and the PPV sales are through the roof, then oh yeah, you best believe that Mayweather is going to want to change that purse split...however, there will never be a discussion about the purse split if Manny isn't willing to take those tests.
AussieLad
Mate, i said i thought the purse split would be the main stumbling block, but it turned out to be a non-factor
gbh32001
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Apr 24 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Mate, i said i thought the purse split would be the main stumbling block, but it turned out to be a non-factor
True, and even if Manny will concede w/ the drug testing, Floyd will chicken himself and raise his PPV%.
Floyd will always be Floyd an Manny will always be Manny.
LoneRyu
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Apr 24 2010, 03:14 AM) *
True, and even if Manny will concede w/ the drug testing, Floyd will chicken himself and raise his PPV%.
Floyd will always be Floyd an Manny will always be Manny.

pactard had to show up sooner or later
mrwigi
i think this shulda been poster after May 1st
KookedKrack
No need for negotiations with Floyd after May 1 it'll be Mosley vs. HGHman smile_anim.gif
D-MARV
Floyd is the bigger PPV draw... He deserves the bigger purse. But he initially agreed to 50/50 and PAcquiao fucked him up. If this PPV breaks 1.5 million then Pacquiao can forget about a 50-50 split and rightfully so.
d843
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Apr 24 2010, 08:33 AM) *
i think this shulda been poster after May 1st
sounds like to me yall cats jumping the fucking gun!ya know?counting the chics before they hatch!floyd ain't getting passed shane
Big Slim Sweet
Assume Shane beats that ass May 1 to the tune of 1.5 million sales and PBF opts out of the rematch because he's broken and battered? Does Shane then get 50-50 in negotiations with Pac? 40-60? 25-75?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 24 2010, 11:09 AM) *
Assume Shane beats that ass May 1 to the tune of 1.5 million sales and PBF opts out of the rematch because he's broken and battered? Does Shane then get 50-50 in negotiations with Pac? 40-60? 25-75?

I think 60-40 would be fair... Maybe 65-35.
d843
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 24 2010, 10:31 AM) *
I think 60-40 would be fair... Maybe 65-35.
I think shane probably will shoot for 50-50 but will eventually settle for 60-40 & shane probably won't demand any testing
thehype
LMAO.

Man...some of you cats are smokin' crack...and not just because you think Shane is going to beat Floyd.

laugh.gif

There's NO WAY IN HELL Shane Mosley would get a 50/50 split with Manny Pacquiao. Hell, he wouldn't even get a 60/40 split.

Shane would get exactly what he's getting to fight Floyd Mayweather....his highest payday!

laugh.gif

Shane's not even getting double digits to fight Floyd...he's getting $6 million...$6 fvckin million...that's it! The sad thing is that $6 million is a career high payday for him. So even if he did pull off a miracle and beat Floyd, Arum is just going to offer them $7-$10 million and that's it....nothing more. And if Shane and Golden Boy were to get an attitude about it, Bob Arum would tell them, "Go fvck yourself and have funning trying to make that kind of money against Andre Berto!"

laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 12:55 PM) *
LMAO.

Man...some of you cats are smokin' crack...and not just because you think Shane is going to beat Floyd.

laugh.gif

There's NO WAY IN HELL Shane Mosley would get a 50/50 split with Manny Pacquiao. Hell, he wouldn't even get a 60/40 split.

Shane would get exactly what he's getting to fight Floyd Mayweather....his highest payday!

laugh.gif

Shane's not even getting double digits to fight Floyd...he's getting $6 million...$6 fvckin million...that's it! The sad thing is that $6 million is a career high payday for him. So even if he did pull off a miracle and beat Floyd, Arum is just going to offer them $7-$10 million and that's it....nothing more. And if Shane and Golden Boy were to get an attitude about it, Bob Arum would tell them, "Go fvck yourself and have funning trying to make that kind of money against Andre Berto!"

laugh.gif

When SSM takes out PBF he will get between 15 and 20 mil for the PacMeow fight. After he beats QuackMan, SSM will be in a SMartinez on steroids position.

I doubt that Arum would ever put his Circus Freak in the ring with SSM though. The winner of Bradley v Maidana is more likely.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 11:55 AM) *

Hey hold on now. I didn't say I thought Shane would get a 50-50 split with Pacquiao. That's comical. I threw 25-75 in there too. I was just trying to counter what Marv said about Pac forgetting about any 50-50 split with Floyd should Floyd beat Shane and the fight do 1.5 million. I'm just wondering whether if Shane beats Floyd that would help his bargaining power at all in negotiating a fight with Pac too?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 24 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Hey hold on now. I didn't say I thought Shane would get a 50-50 split with Pacquiao. That's comical. I threw 25-75 in there too. I was just trying to counter what Marv said about Pac forgetting about any 50-50 split with Floyd should Floyd beat Shane and the fight do 1.5 million. I'm just wondering whether if Shane beats Floyd that would help his bargaining power at all in negotiating a fight with Pac too?

I don't know how that's countering me???

Floyd and Shane don't have the same drawing power, do they?

I think Hype is correct... IF Shane was to pull off the upset he would get another career high pay day but it won't be anything close to 50-50.
d843
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 24 2010, 11:55 AM) *
LMAO.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yur right ,6 million ain't shit compared to what both of those cats are getting .& if I was shane,that would give me more reason to wanna knock a mfs head off even more!
PR316
6 million??... Wow...

I mean I don't know specifics or nothing, but thats just ridiculous there. Mosley is worth more than 6 million. A part of Golden Boy promotions and only 6 million??...

Thats unbelievable. Mosley never became the star that he should have. Thats a shame.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 24 2010, 12:34 PM) *
I don't know how that's countering me???

Floyd and Shane don't have the same drawing power, do they?

I think Hype is correct... IF Shane was to pull off the upset he would get another career high pay day but it won't be anything close to 50-50.

You're taking it wrong Marv. Didn't mean countering it as in trying to argue the point. Just wondering what a win would do for Mosley's negotiating position, that's all.

He's NOT getting 50-50 with Pacquaio. Ever. Never ever ever.

BUT I don't think Floyd's ever getting more than 50-50 either.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 23 2010, 10:56 PM) *

laugh.gif

i agree 110% hype but my thing is this... i'm not sure pac can make it through the whole arum stable unscathed... i can see margarito and foreman beating him... and i wouldnt be surprised if chavez got with him if not beat him... i know me sayin that wont be popular but pac will struggle with these bigger fighters... after watching him fight live i can honestly say i've seen better... pac has been feeding on hand selected oposition... hype is right the only way the mayweather fight gets made is if pac simply tells arum he dont want no other fight... win or lose pacs camp is salavating over mosley because the style of mosely plays right into pacs style... ive been saying this... by some chance mosely wins he loses to pac imma call that now... and loses by knockout.... should mayweather win as of right now unless may drops the drug test demands i think is 75-25 the fight dont happen... arum knows that boys style dont match up to mayweather...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 24 2010, 10:25 PM) *
You're taking it wrong Marv. Didn't mean countering it as in trying to argue the point. Just wondering what a win would do for Mosley's negotiating position, that's all.

He's NOT getting 50-50 with Pacquaio. Ever. Never ever ever.

BUT I don't think Floyd's ever getting more than 50-50 either.

Oh I gotcha... friends.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.