Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler vs Froch-IS TAPE DELAYED!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Just a head's up everyone,

The Froch-Kessler fight for the WBC Super-Middleweight Championship will be shown later tonight on Showtime (6PM PT/8PM CT/9PM (ET) There WILL BE SPOILERS in this thread at the times indicated in the title (Approximately) If you want to see the fight without knowing who won later tonight do not open the thread at the times indicated above or browse the Net for boxing information at those times.

Keep any and all results about the fight in this thread. We will also try to give time zones for all fights when known.

Jack

Administrator
Maxy
Well.....it was a good fight....two good fighters....

I'm going to bed.
D-MARV
Fight is Over... GREAT Fight!!! Best one in the Super 6 so far.
Method
Froch SUCKS. That was a LONG time coming.
D-MARV
Sadly I lost 250 dollars on this fight.

D-MARV
LOL... I wonder what Calzaghe will have to say?
Method
Here we go.

WAR Kessler!

Froch shoulda STFU about CalSLAPPY. Froch needs to understand he SUCKS, and is living on borrowed time since the Taylor fight.
BigG
What a fight....(SPOILER)

Clear win for Kessler.
Method
Both of those guys SUCK!

Epitomizes that garbage European style.

"Incredible display of heart" translates into - technically inefficient so they fight w sloppy, reckless abandon. Checkers, not chess. And drunken checkers at that.
Method
Kess has a nasty cut over that right eye.

Scoring was WAY too wide, IMO.

Fight was pretty much even up.
salvador
Froch-Kessler 2 is a given after the tourney. Free money in England.
Col Reb
I scored it for Froch, disappointing.
Method
I give it up 110% to Froch...he was real gracious, cool as shit about the decision. Very, very professional. Won my respect w his post fight commentary. Didnt accept the scoring, but didnt bitch about it. I dug his mindset.

I think Froch beats Abraham
salvador
Froch is there to fight, not box. God Bless him.
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 24 2010, 10:11 PM) *
Both of those guys SUCK!

Epitomizes that garbage European style.

"Incredible display of heart" translates into - technically inefficient so they fight w sloppy, reckless abandon. Checkers, not chess. And drunken checkers at that.

I came home just in time to see the decision, but I'm sure the above quote nails it...from the commentary and the fighters' faces, it looks like they warred some...

I'll watch it later on to see if the best scrub won...
Method
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 24 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Froch is there to fight, not box. God Bless him.

Yup. Hopefully, someone invents a sport called "fighting", and invites Carl Froch.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 24 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Froch SUCKS. That was a LONG time coming.

I thought Froch was very cagey tonight. I didn't like him before, but found him to be very good at what he does. He's alot harder to hit than previously thought. The guy has deceptively good defense. I thought that 117-111 card was idiotic. I thought it was 115-113 either way. Good fight. Froch earned my respect tonight.

Froch is a tough guy who's style is difficult for other guys to figure out. He and Abraham are going to make for an interesting fight. 2 deceptively good counterpunchers.
alaganza
I agree the 117-111 was too wide. This fight really could have gone either way. It was a pretty decent scrap and I like the way both guys went for it at the end.
Col Reb
I had it 7 rounds for Froch with the last even.
Jack 1000
The last two rounds were great!

But other than that, just an average fight. I had it 6-5-1 for Kessler. Scores were too wide. I thought only the Italian judge had it realistic at 115-113 Kessler. I had the 10th round even.

Jack
Spyder
I didn't score the fight, but I thought that Froch was getting the better of the exchanges. I can't say I'm shocked that the hometown guy got the decision...that's the way this tourney has been rolling.
Mean Mister Mustard
I scored it for Froch but fighting in another's guy hometown and ending up in the wrong end of a decision is something you know is going to happen often in this tournament.
Method
Already happened to Dirrell vs Froch.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 24 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Already happened to Dirrell vs Froch.

Yes it did.
SmartyBeardo
What 's not to like about that fight?

Two good fighters putting on a show.
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 25 2010, 12:23 AM) *

I totally agree. Both guys were willing to take risks.
ViperSniper
QUOTE (alaganza @ Apr 25 2010, 03:02 AM) *
I agree the 117-111 was too wide. This fight really could have gone either way. It was a pretty decent scrap and I like the way both guys went for it at the end.

Agree with the 117-111 scorecard, I also liked the urgency they showed as they made the most out of the 12th round in a close fight which you don't see enough of.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 25 2010, 05:23 AM) *

Agree.

Ward impressed me in his last fight as he has improved but MK also disappointed me with his lack of hunger. Kessler showed much more efforts against Froch as he fought better & took more chances by punching more than last time. I think both men respected each others power with Froch showing he has a better defense than he normally shows but felt Kessler slightly outworked him & landed a lot of clean shots.

Glad to see Kessler become champion again in a good fight as he is also puts himself back in the tourney as a loss to Froch would have really pushed his career & status back.

Round 3: Froch-Abraham could be the best fight of the tourney. Looking forward to this one!
thefloatingmonkey
Neither one of these guys looked like a top fighter last night. It was kind of an ackward fight where neither of the fighters were really landing really clean blows.

Abraham destroys Kessler in their fight!
D-MARV
Abraham is fighting Froch. Kessler will fight Green.
JD
As crazy as this sounds...it would not surprise me to see Green beat Kessler. I think the Viking Warrior left what he had in there last night, and when I am not sure how ready he will be when the next fight rolls around.
D-MARV
I with you JD... I'm pretty confident that Green will beat someone in this tournament.
The CEO
How right you were, Meth...lol

My cup of coffee (from a Keurig machine...y'all should get one if you like the good stuff btw) I had while watching this was far more interesting than the majority of this fight.....and right when I thought it was gonna be on in the 11th, it was only some more inspired, yet ineffective brawling.

If someone asked me to describe this fight in 3 words, I would say "absence of skills"...did one of the announcers say it was a FOTY candidate?....LMAO.

So many UGLY punches, man...missed and landed....Froch with bow and arrow jabs and paint brush hooks....Kessler with reckless flurries with no aim....it was like they were both farting in each other's general direction...

I call this fight a Shit Draw....if I HAD to choose a winner, it would be Kessler....Froch gave him too much respect....he should have stood his ground and came forward more often...

Certainly a closer fight to score than Froch-Dirrell iMo...

Uggghhhhh....
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 24 2010, 10:51 PM) *
I will save you time, without either of us seeing it yet. You are going to score it for Froch, bank on it.

laugh.gif

lol...you forget how objective I am...I call shit down the middle.

and that fight was shit.
Thegreatequalizer
it was definitely a sloppy fight. i thought it was close and wouldn't have had a problem with 115-113 either way. 117-111 is ridiculous. it was an entertaining fight though, especially the championship rounds. froch might be able to survive abraham. i give green a good chance in beating kessler. props to froch for not complaining too much about the decision.
Keith
I scored the fight 116-112 for Kessler.

Kessler controlled the ring and did a lot of solid body work in the fight.

Froch was also hurt the worst in the fight when he had to survive that right hand in the 8th.

I'm not at all surprised at the wide scores in the fight. More then Kessler being on his home turf... Froch does himself no favors by keeping his hands so low. It makes it very easy to see the punches that land on him.
JonnyBlaze
Kessler deserved the win I thought..I hate Froch's style so much..Kessler did some good body punching in the fight and his jab was key for him..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 25 2010, 04:52 PM) *
My cup of coffee (from a Keurig machine...y'all should get one if you like the good stuff btw)

Sounds European. Surely they make a more talented Olympic standard American coffee machine?
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 25 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Sounds European. Surely they make a more talented Olympic standard American coffee machine?

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dutch name. AMERICAN made, baby.

The Keurig Story

The word "keurig" is derived from the Dutch word for excellence, and it is our promise to you. Excellence guides everything we do, from our patented single-cup brewing technology, to the gourmet brands of coffee and tea that are packaged in our K-Cup® portion packs, to our customer service.

Today, Keurig® is the leading single-cup brewing system in North America-for both At Home and Away From Home. Now, you can enjoy a fresh cup of gourmet coffee or tea, and hot cocoa Keurig Brewed® in less than a minute, without any set-up or clean-up. Keurig's popular coffee, tea and hot cocoa brands offer hundreds of K-Cups® to choose from, so everyone can have their favorite variety.

Company Background

"Why brew coffee a pot at a time when we drink it a cup at a time?"

Keurig was founded by coffee lovers who believed that coffee should always be served fresh, whether at home or at the office, just as in a gourmet coffee house. They noticed that people were constantly leaving their homes and offices in search of a fresh cup of coffee and asked themselves: "Why do we brew coffee a pot at a time when we drink it a cup at a time?" From this question, the revolutionary concept of Keurig K-Cup® portion pack brewing was born.

Today, Keurig, Incorporated is the leader in single-cup coffee brewing technology in the U.S. for both home and office. Introduced in 1998, Keurig's innovative single-cup brewing system lets coffee lovers brew perfect coffee, one cup at a time, in less than a minute.

Keurig's patented single-cup brewing system lets people brew a perfect cup of gourmet coffee in less than a minute without the hassle of grinding beans, measuring coffee, handling filters or cleaning up. Keurig takes away all the guesswork from brewing a consistently great cup of coffee.

KEURIG.

BREWING EXCELLENCE ONE CUP AT A TIME®

JD
Bro...it is time to make the switch.

I tossed my Keurig maker and went with the Cuisinart Single Serve machine...uses the same Keurig pods, but it is a better machine for sure.

Just a friendly recommendation.
The CEO
Heard about that one...what makes it better?....my Keurig machine is awesome...it's damn near silent and can brew a big cup in less than a minute...
JD
The self cleaning system and the build quality.

This thing is top notch.
The CEO
Hmmmm....I don't know...that Cuisinart brand name always came across feminine to me...lol

I'll go check the vs. reviews.....damn topper...lol
JD
I was there...I had the Keurig...I dug it, but this here machine is top notch.

I would not steer you wrong. No slight on the Keurig which still dominates, what that Cuisinart is where it's at!
The CEO
I know you wouldn't steer me wrong....that's why I'm open to it....but I'm thinkin' you might have had a plain, old Keurig...I got The Platinum Series one...lol

Keurig are THE ORIGINATORS with The K Cup....looks like Cuisinart's bitin'.
JD
Oh they're bitin'...and surpassin'.

I had the top notch Keurig. Now I have the top notch Cuisinart.
Method
Hmmmm....I don't know...that Cuisinart brand name always came across feminine to me...lol

Ahhhahahahaha.

What about the Nespresso Citix?

The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 26 2010, 09:56 AM) *
Oh they're bitin'...and surpassin'.

I had the top notch Keurig. Now I have the top notch Cuisinart.

I'll tell ya what...we've had our Keurig for 9 months and were planning on putting it in my wife's office and gettin' a new one for the home...we'll get a Cuisinart and see what's up...

but just so you know...if it's NOT up my expectations, you can expect a box of the all the K Cups we didn't like along with your Westy 12...lol
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 26 2010, 10:06 AM) *
Ahhhahahahaha.

What about the Nespresso Citix?

laugh.gif

That's not so bad...sounds better than The Tassimo...
Spyder
What's wrong with brewing coffee a pot at a time?

laugh.gif

Don't think that you guys are better than me because of your K-pods...lol...brewing a perfect pot of coffee is an art.

Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 26 2010, 10:15 AM) *
laugh.gif

That's not so bad...sounds better than The Tassimo...

Fucking thing cost $350. A lot cheaper thant the $2K espresso/capuccino maker I was gonna buy at WS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.