Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roy Jones Jr. vs. Jermain Taylor?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
DMARV told some of us in chat that this will happen next? How do you see this one going?
Romulus9
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 25 2010, 01:17 PM) *
DMARV told some of us in chat that this will happen next? How do you see this one going?

Sadly, no matter the result.

Any word on what weight class? 168? 175?
Nay_Sayer
Taylor by KO...
Douchebag
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Apr 25 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Taylor by KO...

Give me Roy by decision, and the only reason why it's a decision is because Roy has no killer instinct.
King Eugene
Come on man...

Please dont make me go through this. I'd watch it but JT has more left than Jones. JT by stoppage.
D-MARV
Talks are going on... Fight would be at 175.

Sadly, Roy fought for free on April 3rd and is seeking one last payday... JT was the only man with a name that Roy could be competitive against.
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 25 2010, 04:53 PM) *

Sadly, Roy fought for free on April 3rd and is seeking one last payday... JT was the only man with a name that Roy could be competitive against.

JT is more competitive than Jones at this point. I would NOT be looking forward to this fight. I'd be rooting like hell for Jones though. I thought JT was taking some time off though.
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 25 2010, 05:00 PM) *
JT is more competitive than Jones at this point. I would NOT be looking forward to this fight. I'd be rooting like hell for Jones though. I thought JT was taking some time off though.

Late summer should be enough time for JT. I mean shit, Roy fought only a few months after the Green fight and didn't look any worse for wear.
thefloatingmonkey
Jones need to retired many fights ago. This should be an easy win for JT. I hope JT stops him and we never have to hear about Roy again.
SmartyBeardo
Shouldn't this be over at classic boxing?

But, to answer the question; I see this going nowhere.
JonnyBlaze
I really hope this doesn't happen..Roy is addicted just like B-Hop,Holy,Toney,and others..Boxing is like a drug to them..haha..Can't leave the limelight(even if the fights are shitty)..

If I had to pick a winner it'd be JT..What is the point of this fight though??Just doesn't make sense..They both need to retire..Roy especially!!Holyfield,Toney,and B-Hop all have more than Roy has left right now and Holy is 47!!!
Lil-lightsout
I will never watch Roy fight again. It truly is embarrassing to see what he has become. I did not watch him and Hops fight either, and plan never to watch it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
My first thought was "at least no-one will get hurt."
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 25 2010, 09:53 PM) *

Is that confirmed that Roy didn't get any $$ for his fight against B-Hop?

I see this fight as pretty pointless, but since a lot of people here think JT's career is still salvageable, this could be a potential stepping stone to getting him back on the right track. Unfortunately for JT's skill set, even a Roy Jones at this stage might be too much of a leap for a first fight back.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 26 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Shouldn't this be over at classic boxing?

Sorry Smarty but classic implies it will be watched more than once & potentially talked about in 20+ years time.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 27 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Sorry Smarty but classic implies it will be watched more than once & potentially talked about in 20+ years time.

Pretty much... If this fight is made, I doubt anyone would be interested outside of "Hardcore" RJJ fans.
HaydelHammer
Jermain doesn't know 1/4 of the "traps" like bernard used to null roy out completely and win a low punch volume fight.

Jermain would have to outwork roy (which he can do easily for the first half the entire fight before he gets tired....AND HE WILL GET TIRED) and if he presses hard he can floor roy IMO.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This would be another fight between two fighters who are past their best. The question would be who is more washed up? They could build it up like they did Lacy-Jones. However, this time Roy would be the one looking washed up. I think Taylor knocked Roy out at this point, and he won't have to worry fading in the late rounds. Even if he did, I don't know what Roy has left to try and get Taylor out of there. Jones needs to retire after the way he's looked in his past couple fight. He gave people a false hope after the Lacy fight, but the true colors are really showing now. Taylor still is competitive at this point. He was winning rounds against Abraham, and was beating Froch until the 12th round.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.