Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second Wind
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KENSOFINE
Several questions:

Do you think these fighters are salvageable? If so, what trainers would you put them with? If you were a trainer and had to pick TWO to put in your stable to revive and make a name for yourself, whom would it be and why?

Kessler ~ (Has no defensive skills, lateral movement, and is one of the most inaccurate punchers I have ever seen)

Edison Miranda ~ (obvious reasons)

Mayorga ~ (obvious reasons)

Pavlik ~ (obvious reasons)
Douchebag
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Apr 26 2010, 09:23 AM) *
Several questions:

Do you think these fighters are salvageable? If so, what trainers would you put them with? If you were a trainer and had to pick TWO to put in your stable to revive and make a name for yourself, whom would it be and why?

Kessler ~ (Has no defensive skills, lateral movement, and is one of the most inaccurate punchers I have ever seen)

Edison Miranda ~ (obvious reasons)

Mayorga ~ (obvious reasons)

Pavlik ~ (obvious reasons)

They're all done unless they fight each other. Next question, b.
KENSOFINE
A lot of people assumed that about Mosley. He currently has a belt. Also, Kessler has a belt. The way he fights, he will not likely keep it. What can be done to increase his longevity? He obviously has "some" skill, but theyre has to be something he can conceivably add to his arsenal.
Douchebag
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Apr 26 2010, 10:06 AM) *
A lot of people assumed that about Mosley. He currently has a belt. Also, Kessler has a belt. The way he fights, he will not likely keep it. What can be done to increase his longevity? He obviously has "some" skill, but theyre has to be something he can conceivably add to his arsenal.

He needs to move to America and relearn how to fight the proper way. That one was for you, CEO. LOL
thehype
I'd say Zab Judah is salvageable, but seeing as how he's way too stubbon to actually part from his fam, it's probably too late for him.

I still think Jermain Taylor is salvageable too, but it'll take a slow, 3-year process to get him the right kind of fighs to repair that confidence.

Lamont Peterson is salvageable, assuming he gets with a promotional company that actually gives a damn about black fighters...actually, shit, now that I say that, maybe he's not salvageable since there aren't really any promotional companies that actually DO promote their black fighters. LOL.

Obviously Victor Ortiz is salvageable or they wouldn't be wasting their time with him now...and truth be told, after he beats the breaks off Nate Campbell, he'll be right back at the top of the heap for a big fight. And yeah....I said it....he'll beat the breaks off Nate Campbell, because from what I hear, now that Nate has gotten all spiritual lately (check his Facebook updates), he's been getting the breaks beaten off of him in training camp. LOL.

But the most important name of all...JAMES TONEY IS FUCKING SALVAGEABLE. Shit, truth be told, I wouldn't call him "salvageable" because he's gone anywhere...he's just waiting for a shot...and I don't care what anyone says about him being fat and sloppy or whatever, James Toney beats the crap out of Arreola (who looked just as fat and sloppy this past Saturday as James has ever looked) AND he beats the crap out of Adamek! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Col Reb
The one I wonder about is Spadafora. Will he ever make it back to the top?
KENSOFINE
I would add Chris Byrd and the Calvin the Boxing Banker Brock to the list of potentially salvageable. Not sure about Shannon Briggs or Hasim Rahman.
Lil-lightsout
I wonder if Floyd will ever be the same?

Tua has been more busy winning and has an upcoming fight with Barrett scheduled. I think he could still make some noise. I will maintain his lefthook is the hardest punch in boxing. With the pathetic division, I easily could see him winning a belt.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Pavlik can still come back. He's in his 20's, has good stamina, heavy hands and an amateur record so I don't see why anyone would think he's finished. The guy lost to a legend and then lost a competitve decision to Sergio Martinez. It's not like he has been losing to Carl Daniels and Tony Marshall here.

Jermain Taylor was in a more serious situation, whith him being KO'd two times in a row and three in total but that happens in boxing. As long as he passes his neurological exams he should be given a chance to come back. He foought well in the 2nd Pavlik fight so he can improve, even if it's just a bit.
enigma1969
HYPE - please tell me you are kidding about James Toney!!!!!

He's done!

Zab Judah

Done!

Lamont Peterson -

I would say yes ... he needs to stay active. I love what i saw against Tim Bradley. He needs a push from his promotional company and keep active.

Pavlik -

Clearly there is something wrong. The question is what? He looks to be going backwards.

J Taylor

Needs to retire and enjoy his life with his pretty wife.

Victor Ortiz

Still young but that chin??? He needs to rely on his boxing ability and focus on defense.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Apr 26 2010, 05:46 PM) *
I would add Chris Byrd and the Calvin the Boxing Banker Brock to the list of potentially salvageable. Not sure about Shannon Briggs or Hasim Rahman.

Brock??I don't think he should box after the injury he got..Others have fought on after that but I don't think it's wise..

If Kessler learned more defense and was able to install it into his style,he'd be a tough guy for anyone..Ward and Bute will always be the toughest tests for him even if he did manage to get a better defense..
mbills
Brock is blind in one eye and would not be cleared to fight.
Fitz
Mayorga was so good because he was so bad (well not bad, but different). I think trying to polish Mayorga into something more text book would probably take away most of his strengths. Mayorga was still very underrated. One of the best worst fighters of all time, lol.

Judah isn't salvageable because he doesn't have a problem with his tools, he has a problem with his head. You need to put him in with a psychologist, not a trainer.

Miranda looks done, so I think it's too late. Though to be honest he didn't look bad with his more 'text book' style against Bute. He actually looked half decent. His chin has been cracked and I think he is ruined a bit physically and that is hard to repair.

Probably Kessler or Pavlik, though I will just say Kessler.

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I think the phoenix will be El Apostle Carlos Maussa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.