Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Only in fat America
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Spyder
Snoop
That chicken looks disgusting.
Fitz
Someone emailed it at work. I had chicken for lunch and I couldn't be fucked eating it. This picture turned me off.

Seriously a whole chicken in a can? Anybody who thought that was a good idea should die. Anybody that buys that as a serious meal doesn't deserve a place on this earth.
Lil-lightsout
If you only saw the shit my wife cooks, that's why I eat out as much as possible. laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 28 2010, 04:30 PM) *
If you only saw the shit my wife cooks, that's why I eat out as much as possible. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

A woman should be given free lessons to cook, it should be something every woman can do.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 28 2010, 02:35 AM) *
laugh.gif

A woman should be given free lessons to cook, it should be something every woman can do.

Well said:

Fitz
I'm also not saying it to be a prick either. I like cooking, and I am quite capable around the kitchen. I have nothing against a man cooking in the kitchen and I will cook when I get married. But not the majority of times, and I think it's a good piece of advice for a woman to take on board.

ROLL DEEP
What.....the fuck....was that?

Seriously?
STEVENSKI
If the bitch ain't cookin or cleaning she better be vaccuming......................

My dick with her mouth
The CEO
Have y'all seen that new KFC chicken sandwich?

No bread.

Insinuates risk...lol
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 28 2010, 11:58 AM) *

No bread.

Insinuates risk...lol

Having that for dinner tonight. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Macaroni and cheese. I might have two Double Downs. I haven't decided.

And if he doesn't like it, I'll eat a third Double Down and punch that limey queer Jamie Oliver right in the fucking face for trying to tell me what not to eat.
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 28 2010, 03:58 PM) *

No bread.

Insinuates risk...lol

They have a grilled version as a "healthier" option. lol
BGv2.0
LOL! I cannot believe the Double Down has made it to Fighthype! thumbsup_anim.gif

I have had numerous dicussions with people about this thing. KFC has put this thing out as a novelty....every single person that I have spoken to....KNOWS full well it is without doubt one of the most awful looking things every created.....just like if you were to walk into a room and on the coffee table was a pile of coke, hash, crack and meth.....you just KNOW this damn thing is not good for you in any way and can only hurt you.

BUT.....that is part of the allure....you got to try it!

I have been wanting one for awhile now.....just to try it and get it out of my system. NOBODY in their right mind thinks the Double Down is a good thing in life.

I do laugh at the fact that it most likely made Peta shit a brick.....

As for the grilled version.....it's BS...as far as being better for you.....where it only has slightly less fat and calories....26 instead of 32 and 480 instead of 530....it actually has a much higher sodium content....so you may as well be a fatass and get the fried one...because there is just not enough difference for it to matter.

ALSO....I have to defend Sweet Sue.

I too freaked out when I saw the "canned Chicken" YEARS ago.....but you have to understand....it's not really used as such. Sure the back reads like an epic novel of wonderful cooking and all that....but it is not used in that fashion here in the states....which is part of the reason it came out like shit in those pics. It's about as "cooked" as a can of sardines....sure it most likely would not kill you to eat it out of the can....but nobody does that. It's also somewhat of a misrepresentation on the label....it says "fully cooked"....but that is talking about the picture on the front...not the bird inside.

99% of folks that use that do so to use it in cooking stocks....not to use as a nice foul you would serve up to your family. It's lathered in greese and fat...because most people that use it are going to let it basically desolve and liquify in a stock and remove the bones...when that take place....all of that you see gets liquified.

Having said all of that...even if I were to use it as a regular chicken....I can say 100% without doubt....it would look more appealing than that....the person left it uncooked and took photos, which can be done to many types of foods....take a look at some unprocessed meats before preparation....

Those photos were taken in an attempt to disgust. I promise you....you take a nice fat farm raised chicken...butcher it....and then rub it down with grease....it's going to look the SAME WAY.

Ever seen canned escargot? They look like tiny black woman vaginas...vulva lips and all. Down to the wrinkles on the vulva.

AND.....Sweet Sue makes some DAMN good DUMPLINGS!!!!! I love homemade dumplings...but if I'm going to buy canned....it's ALWAYS going to be Sweet Sue!
Fitz
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 29 2010, 05:03 AM) *
the person left it uncooked and took photos, which can be done to many types of foods....take a look at some unprocessed meats before preparation....

"Out of the oven after 15+ minutes at 475 as instructed. It never did get brown."

The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Having that for dinner tonight. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Macaroni and cheese. I might have two Double Downs. I haven't decided.

And if he doesn't like it, I'll eat a third Double Down and punch that limey queer Jamie Oliver right in the fucking face for trying to tell me what not to eat.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 28 2010, 01:58 PM) *
They have a grilled version as a "healthier" option. lol

QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 28 2010, 03:03 PM) *
LOL! I cannot believe the Double Down has made it to Fighthype! thumbsup_anim.gif

I have had numerous dicussions with people about this thing. KFC has put this thing out as a novelty....every single person that I have spoken to....KNOWS full well it is without doubt one of the most awful looking things every created.....just like if you were to walk into a room and on the coffee table was a pile of coke, hash, crack and meth.....you just KNOW this damn thing is not good for you in any way and can only hurt you.

BUT.....that is part of the allure....you got to try it!

I have been wanting one for awhile now.....just to try it and get it out of my system. NOBODY in their right mind thinks the Double Down is a good thing in life.

I do laugh at the fact that it most likely made Peta shit a brick.....

As for the grilled version.....it's BS...as far as being better for you.....where it only has slightly less fat and calories....26 instead of 32 and 480 instead of 530....it actually has a much higher sodium content....so you may as well be a fatass and get the fried one...because there is just not enough difference for it to matter.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'd eat a crispy Double Down like it ain't no thing...Guiltless.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 28 2010, 05:56 PM) *
"Out of the oven after 15+ minutes at 475 as instructed. It never did get brown."

Well if it's on the internet.....it MUST be true right? lol

I don't buy it....the person lied or they have a shit oven or they just don't know how to cook....

Like I said....most folks won't use it in that manner....but if I did...I could make it look better than THAT!
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 29 2010, 04:34 PM) *
Well if it's on the internet.....it MUST be true right? lol

I don't buy it....the person lied or they have a shit oven or they just don't know how to cook....

Like I said....most folks won't use it in that manner....but if I did...I could make it look better than THAT!

Either way, putting a whole chicken in a can is a bad idea any way you decide to use it IMO.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 28 2010, 10:58 AM) *

No bread.

Insinuates risk...lol

bad.gif

double up your chances of a heart attack lol
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 29 2010, 11:49 AM) *
Either way, putting a whole chicken in a can is a bad idea any way you decide to use it IMO.

Well it's certanly not the most appealing way to send out a chicken....but then again sending out sardines in a can is basically the same thing.

I had this same reaction years ago when I first saw this too....but once you step back from it and realize that is is not used as you have it engrained in your mind...it's not really a big deal.

Most are thinking about this same foul being taken out of the can, laid out on a broiling pan and doctered up with carrots and onions and salt and pepper and all that....but that's not what these are used for.

I mean...you COULD use it that way....but 99% of folks don't.

I'm almost tempted to take the canned chicken challenge myself.....and pick up a can of the bird and cook it up and take pics to prove I can make it look more appealing than those photos.....

But that's a lot of effort to prove a point....plus...I'd have to eat it! laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Well it's certanly not the most appealing way to send out a chicken....but then again sending out sardines in a can is basically the same thing.

I had this same reaction years ago when I first saw this too....but once you step back from it and realize that is is not used as you have it engrained in your mind...it's not really a big deal.

Most are thinking about this same foul being taken out of the can, laid out on a broiling pan and doctered up with carrots and onions and salt and pepper and all that....but that's not what these are used for.

I'm almost tempted to take the canned chicken challenge myself.....and pick up a can of the bird and cook it up and take pics to prove I can make it look more appealing than those photos.....

But that's a lot of effort to prove a point....plus...I'd have to eat it! laugh.gif

Hopefully you live through the experience.
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:35 PM) *

Fair enough, but if people are using it for stocks and such, they're still consuming it, just in another form.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 29 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Fair enough, but if people are using it for stocks and such, they're still consuming it, just in another form.

Of course. And what is the problem with that? If you have eaten Chicken in Dumplings or any kind of you take that in. I think people are just grossed out at the clabbered fat on the top...a lot of that including what was poured in the pan can be drained prior to cooking. As a matter of fact....if a person was looking to cook it in a proper way....they would do it that way.

You are not just going to stick a dry chicken in a can....you have to keep it MOIST! fuck.gif

Don't get me wrong...I know America has a fatass and we have a problem with food....but IMHO....this is an email meant to poke fun at that by way of using disgusting pics...that would be disgusting no matter what country they represented or what condition the people of that country were in.

I can go to Mexico and show you bowls of cold Manudo that would look just as gross....or Germany and look at Tripe...

Fitz
At the end of the day, that piece of shit in a can has 'preparation' instructions. I still stand by my belief, you can make it look better and I probably believe you. But if anyone buys that to cook and eat as a serious meal doesn't deserve a place on this earth.

Also about sardines, tuna and such. They can be cooked in acidic things like vinegar and lemon. I learned off my dad, it's something they do in Chile (could be other places), but we make this fish salad kind of thing that is just fish (I use flathead). You don't cook any of it. You get it raw, you chop it up add other stuff to it like parsley, garlic and such and literally you just squeeze a shitload of lemon juice that soaks in it. Leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours and it cooks itself in the lemon juice. One of the nicest things I have eaten and it's great in summer. We make the same thing as this, but also a minced meat version where the mince just cooks in lemon.
I think fish is a little different, like tuna in a can as well. At the end of the day, a whole chicken in a can with bones and all is fucked, even when they put a preparation recipe on the back of it.
JonnyBlaze
How the fuck is that chicken so slimy??BG I don't know what you're trying to do to make this chicken sound ok..Startin to make me wonder if Ol Sweet Sue is your aunt or somethin..The chicken is a disgrace to chickens..
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 30 2010, 01:11 PM) *
How the fuck is that chicken so slimy??BG I don't know what you're trying to do to make this chicken sound ok..Startin to make me wonder if Ol Sweet Sue is your aunt or somethin..The chicken is a disgrace to chickens..

Hahaha.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 29 2010, 10:11 PM) *

That is F'N funny! laugh.gif

I'd be proud to have her as my Aunt....but sadly...she is not.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 29 2010, 06:23 PM) *
At the end of the day, that piece of shit in a can has 'preparation' instructions. I still stand by my belief, you can make it look better and I probably believe you. But if anyone buys that to cook and eat as a serious meal doesn't deserve a place on this earth.

I think fish is a little different, like tuna in a can as well. At the end of the day, a whole chicken in a can with bones and all is fucked, even when they put a preparation recipe on the back of it.

That's a little dramatic IMHO....I mean what about poor people that eat canned dog/cat food? That canned Chicken would cook up better than that shit. YES...that is a real senerio here in America.

Like I said....95% of folks....do not use those instructions....it's not generally used in that fashion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.