Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler beats Green, Froch beats Abraham
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
LoneRyu
Kessler will embarrass Green with a late round stoppage, Froch will outbox Abraham unless Arthur lands a bomb.
Jack 1000
I think that Green will lose in this tournament. Abraham's problem is what remains, he is a slow starter. But now even worse we have to see how much the DQ loss to Direll affects him. Froch has never boxed well, and I thought that Kessler getting the decision over Froch was fair.

I think I mentioned in the pick the winner of the Super Six thread, that Andre Ward will win it all. Ward has the best combination of speed and effective aggression to win the Super Six.

Jack
LoneRyu
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:30 AM) *
I think that Green will lose in this tournament. Abraham's problem is what remains, he is a slow starter. But now even worse we have to see how much the DQ loss to Direll affects him. Froch has never boxed well, and I thought that Kessler getting the decision over Froch was fair.

I think I mentioned in the pick the winner of the Super Six thread, I think Andre Ward will win it all.

Jack

I think so to Andre is slick. How good is his chin though?
King Eugene
The only fighter I see giving Ward any trouble in the tournament is Dirrell if they ever meet up.
LoneRyu
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 29 2010, 12:38 AM) *
The only fighter I see giving Ward any trouble in the tournament is Dirrell if they ever meet up.

yeah as long as dirrel is competitive. plus you really cant discount abraham, the essential punchers chance.
PR316
One of Ward or Dirrell will win I think.

I give Dirrell the edge because IMO he's had the fights that will give him the necessary experience to pull this out in the end.
mrwigi
nobody in this tournament is beating andre ward.. PERIOD.. IMO, its Abraham Ward in the end. Honestly, after seeing dirrel outclass abraham, Ward might even get a late ko or stoppage.
PR316
Abraham???....

I don't see how he makes it to the end. He's been exposed.

Ward is a good fighter but I have to see how he does in his next couple of fights before I proclaim him the winner,.
D-MARV
Although Dirrell waxed Abraham, we have to remember that Abraham can knockout ANYONE in this tournament with one punch. If they meet, I think Ward will decision Abraham but I'm not ready to count Abraham totally out yet.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
uhhh....I don't see Froch outboxing anybody in this tournament. He wins fights by outworking the opponent and with his strength. Now I can see Froch outworking Abraham, but he just leaves himself way too open. I expect him to build a lead on the scorecards with his activity, but he'll go night night when Abraham lets his hands go. I think Arthur stops him in the middle or late rounds, as Froch gets worn down by all the shots he'll take. That should be a good fight though.

I see Green-Ward being rather boring, but Ward will take a wide decision in this one. Green won't come right at Ward, and Ward will be wary of Green's power. He'll outslick him, but he won't take any unncessary risks.

I really wanna see Dirrell-Abraham 2 in the semis as well on a side note.
PR316
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *
uhhh....I don't see Froch outboxing anybody in this tournament. He wins fights by outworking the opponent and with his strength. Now I can see Froch outworking Abraham, but he just leaves himself way too open. I expect him to build a lead on the scorecards with his activity, but he'll go night night when Abraham lets his hands go. I think Arthur stops him in the middle or late rounds, as Froch gets worn down by all the shots he'll take. That should be a good fight though.

I see Green-Ward being rather boring, but Ward will take a wide decision in this one. Green won't come right at Ward, and Ward will be wary of Green's power. He'll outslick him, but he won't take any unncessary risks.

I really wanna see Dirrell-Abraham 2 in the semis as well on a side note.

I see no other outcome in Dirrell-Abraham 2 should it occur.

Abraham is one of those guys who needs a still target. Guys like Ward, Dirrell, and Bute(Even though he's not in Super Six) beat him everytime. Hell, I would take Calzaghe's coked ass to come out of retirement and beat his ass.

Ward I'm unsure of his chin. His power is not that much, but his skills and speed are top class and he'll go far in this. Green has a shot though. Any guy who can punch that hard has to be given a chance. And Ward's chin is still a question mark because its never really been tested(Kessler never reached it).

But this is between Ward and Dirrell no doubt. Its becoming more clear to me that they're better than all these guys in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.