Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hasegawa vs. Montiel
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
GinJapan
Round 1: Hasegawa comes out jagging right away. It's pretty much a feeling out process at the moment.
Not a lot of action, but Hasegawa is definitely the agressor and faster fighter. With 10 seconds left,
Hasegawa catches Montiel with a nice straight left that he shakes off and out stretches his arms to
show that it didn't bother him.

Round 2: Montiel looks a little timid in there and he's yet to land anything significant.. With this being
my first time seeing him fight, I'm sure if he's a slow starter. I give the first two rounds to Hasegawa
for being the busier fighter.

Round 3: Hasegawa lands a nice left 1-2 to Montiels abdomen and lands a few nice hooks. I think it's
a matter of time before Hasegawa catches him with something big. A lot of posturing and not much
action. Hasegawa is certainly trying to turn it into a fight.

(My apologies fellas. This is my first round by round..lol)

Round 4: Hasegawa comes out jabbing while Montiel seems content on just countering. He needs to
pick up the pace because he will NOT win a decision in Japan, that's for sure. Nice straight left to
the body by Hasegawa. DAMN!! Montiel catches him with a sick combination and Hasegawa is motionless
against the ropes and Lawrence Cole waives it off seconds before the bell!!

Winner and NEW WBC Bantamweight Chamption, Fernando Montiel!!
GinJapan
Montiel needed to heat up and he did just that! Damn!
BigG
GREAT win for Montiel. Hasegawa was up 3-0 or 2-0-1 but Montiel was winning the 4th before the stoppage. Hasegawa is a P4P type fighter and will be back...
GinJapan
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 05:56 AM) *
GREAT win for Montiel. Hasegawa was up 3-0 or 2-0-1 but Montiel was winning the 4th before the stoppage. Hasegawa is a P4P type fighter and will be back...

It sure was a good win bro. A knockout was the only way he was going to leave Japan with that belt.
BigG
QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 10:57 AM) *
It sure was a good win bro. A knockout was the only way he was going to leave Japan with that belt.

Have to watch it again. Hasegawa is a very good boxer and probably won the first 3 rounds very clearly I gotta watch it again I remember the 4th being pretty close. Hasegawa was looking good in there though. Hasegawa is only 27 he'll be back. I can't see anyone else at BW beating him other than Montiel.
GinJapan
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:11 AM) *
Have to watch it again. Hasegawa is a very good boxer and probably won the first 3 rounds very clearly I gotta watch it again I remember the 4th being pretty close. Hasegawa was looking good in there though. Hasegawa is only 27 he'll be back. I can't see anyone else at BW beating him other than Montiel.

I also had him up 3 rounds to none. Nishioka just knocked out some kid and there's been talk for a while about Hasegawa moving up to super bantam, so maybe they'll be looking to match them two together. What do you think?
BigG
QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 12:15 PM) *
I also had him up 3 rounds to none. Nishioka just knocked out some kid and there's been talk for a while about Hasegawa moving up to super bantam, so maybe they'll be looking to match them two together. What do you think?

That's a good fight. Nishioka is the best at that weight...he's a really strong fighter. But I think Hasegawa's a better boxer. Hasegawa by UD would be my pick but Nishioka has a punchers chance. I wouldn't really pick many fighters to beat Hasegawa 122 down Montiel maybe Donaire but thats it.
GinJapan
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:24 AM) *
That's a good fight. Nishioka is the best at that weight...he's a really strong fighter. But I think Hasegawa's a better boxer. Hasegawa by UD would be my pick but Nishioka has a punchers chance. I wouldn't really pick many fighters to beat Hasegawa 122 down Montiel maybe Donaire but thats it.

I hear you. He's definitely a problem and I'd love to see him and Donaire go at it and I also see him outpointing Nishioka. I'm not sure if you recorded it or not, but I'm putting it together as we speak and can shoot it over to you and anyone else who'd like to check it out. Is it possible to upload video here on the forums?
BigG
QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 12:28 PM) *
I hear you. He's definitely a problem and I'd love to see him and Donaire go at it and I also see him outpointing Nishioka. I'm not sure if you recorded it or not, but I'm putting it together as we speak and can shoot it over to you and anyone else who'd like to check it out. Is it possible to upload video here on the forums?

Awesome, create an account at youtube.com then upload there. That's the best way.
GinJapan
QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:31 AM) *
Awesome, create an account at youtube.com then upload there. That's the best way.

Ok, I'll definitely do that and will shoot over the link once it's uploaded.
D-MARV
HOLY SHIT!

That was a HUGE win for Montiel.
GinJapan
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 06:45 AM) *
HOLY SHIT!

That was a HUGE win for Montiel.

Tell me about it!! I was worried for a minute.
D-MARV
There should be an immediate rematch. I thought Hasegawa was controlling the fight until he got caught.
GinJapan
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 30 2010, 06:52 AM) *
There should be an immediate rematch. I thought Hasegawa was controlling the fight until he got caught.

Oh yeah....he was easily winning up until then. I don't know if he has a rematch clause. They just
interviewd him and neither he or his trainer/gym owner mentioned a rematch. They just may head
up to super bantam.
kidbazooka1
Hell yeah!

Even though most picked Hasegawa I knew Montiel was gonna pull this off wit the exception of speed Montiel is the better boxer and carried more pop in his gloves whne he wants to sit on his punches he can realy crack.

Huge wiin for Monitel lets see him against the winner of Mares/

GinJapan
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Apr 30 2010, 09:15 AM) *
Hell yeah!

Even though most picked Hasegawa I knew Montiel was gonna pull this off wit the exception of speed Montiel is the better boxer and carried more pop in his gloves whne he wants to sit on his punches he can realy crack.

Huge wiin for Monitel lets see him against the winner of Mares/

This was the first time I seen him fight and he definitely made a believer out of me!
I heard a lot about this cat and was second guessing everything I heard until the
end of the 4th.
Jack 1000
Thanks for the reports and for the links! I will watch later!

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
First of all thanks for posting the RbR and the clips.

It's a surprising result to say the least. Hasegawa was considered the top guy and Montiel just KO'd him but he did struggle to hit him cleanly. I agree with BigG, watching the clips one could argue that Hasegawa was winning all 3 rounds. Montiel is often a Hot/Cold fighter; one day he's knocking out Ivan Hernandez or Martin Castillo, the next he loses to Jonnhy Gonzalez or struggles with Luis Melendez. At this point in time though he is the best at 118 and there are some interesting fights to be made. I'd like to see him take on Yonnhy Perez.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 09:17 AM) *
This was the first time I seen him fight and he definitely made a believer out of me!
I heard a lot about this cat and was second guessing everything I heard until the
end of the 4th.

Montiel has been around for a long time. Unlike most mexicans who grew up idolizing JCC Montiel was mimicking his style to Sugar Ray leonard. He can box beautifuly when neeeded and bang when he has to.

Montiel at his best is very Hard to beat.

Do't know if Donaire will still be itching to get Montiel in the ring ater what just happened.
Box in Hand
You can tell Hasegawa was the superior boxer but he got caught with his right hand down. I suspect if he can fix that in camp, he would win a rematch.
WindyCityP
Good for Montiel. He is one of my favs for sure but watching the fight you can see Hasegawa was in control. Hasegawa got caught and Montiel jumped on it like the champ he is.

Now Montiel can look for a fight with the winner of the IBF title. Hasegawa is rumored to be going up to 122 and he still has the goods to be a dominate champ there.
GinJapan
@ Jack and Mean Mister, you're very welcome and I wish I could have
posted a video with better quality. They're reporting on Japanese news
that Hasegawa had his jaw broken in the fight. I'm friends of one of his
trainers and hang out in their gym every now and then, so I'll find out
what they plan on doing.
GinJapan
QUOTE (WindyCityP @ Apr 30 2010, 05:49 PM) *
Good for Montiel. He is one of my favs for sure but watching the fight you can see Hasegawa was in control. Hasegawa got caught and Montiel jumped on it like the champ he is.

Now Montiel can look for a fight with the winner of the IBF title. Hasegawa is rumored to be going up to 122 and he still has the goods to be a dominate champ there.

I also think that Hasegawa can do his thing at 122 and would love to see if they'll match him with Nishioka (which shouldn't be a problem matchmaking wise).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.