Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:Mayweather/Mosley:6PM (PT), 8PM (CT), 9PM (ET)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jack 1000
This will be the thread for all Mayweather-Mosley on-going and post-fight discussions. Important Notes:

1. The NO NEW THREADS OR PUBLIC SPOILERS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED! This rule applies regardless of what happens in the fight. Users must keep ANY and ALL RESULTS about the fight inside of this thread. Users will face consequences of possible suspensions or negativity warnings on their accounts for violating this rule.

2. NO PUBLIC STREAMS ARE PERMITTED: They will be deleted as they violate copyright laws and violators will face consequences for posting public streams or links to the fight in this or any thread. Streams may only be discussed through E-Mail or PM's. Negative consequences for users will result if they post public stream links. (Warnings or suspensions.)

3.) HIJACKING A THREAD TO GIVE A SPOILER TO A FIGHT IS PROHIBITED: This is where a user gives away the result of a fight inside a thread with a different topic title. DON'T DO THIS!

Keep all the on-going action and post-fight reaction in this thread.

A SPECIAL NOTE: Some cable/dish systems (not all) will be offering a FREE two-fight undercard approximately 90-minutes from the card's start times indicated above. As this may not be applicable for all systems we can only do the spoiler results for the mainstream PPV. Users can still discuss the two prefights by replying in the thread if their system is showing them.

Jack

Administrator
The CEO
for D-MARV et al...

D-MARV
That was messed up...

I guess it's cool to have a "Mosley War Train" though? Right Jack?

It's whatever!!!!

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 1 2010, 12:46 PM) *
That was messed up...

It's whatever!!!!

Once a nuthugger....
D-MARV

Mayweather TKO11 Mosley
Snoop
Was D-Marv really once on the War Train?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Tight video D-Marv, that gets me even more hyped for this fight. Love him or hate him, he is the biggest star in boxing right now. Nobody gets people talking like a Floyd Mayweather fight. Seriously, 100 pages almost in a thread about Money May. Posters get furious about him. While I don't think there's a shot in hell Shane gets stopped tonight, he's going to get beat. He hasn't looked that impressive the last few years. I don't let one performance dictate what he will do. He didn't look good against Mayorga at all and got beat against Cotto in the last couple years. This isn't a faded Vargas or a slow Margarito in front of him tonight. This is the best fighter in the world. Shane won't be able to step up to that, as this isn't 2000 anymore. Mosley will work hard in there, but he'll be picked off every round and be busted up at the end.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 1 2010, 01:46 PM) *
That was messed up...

It's whatever!!!!

I thought you were rooting for Mosley
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JD @ May 1 2010, 04:42 PM) *

Deep down inside he's rooting for Mayweather, plain and simple.
King Eugene
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its on and poppin and that video got me even more crunk. I was going to a fight party but my homeboy just said he was ordering it so I'm going where its going to be peace and quiet.

I'll be on here tonight drunk talking shit...please believe that!

Money May bitches!
lloyd mayflower
There can be no enjoyment in wanting Mayweather to win, an appreciation of skills yes, but to watch Mosley win will truly make me happy.
kidbazooka1
Mosley will have some moments but not enough of them.

Floyd by UD.
Fitz
QUOTE (JD @ May 2 2010, 07:42 AM) *

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 2 2010, 07:46 AM) *
Deep down inside he's rooting for Mayweather, plain and simple.

Haha. A couple of them have really started putting in extra to fill out MarzB absence recently.
Keith
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 1 2010, 02:07 PM) *
Was D-Marv really once on the War Train?

laugh.gif

The Train was his friggin idea. He pm'd me and told me he wanted me to start it, that he was rooting for Shane blah blah blah.

Then he lost his nutz.
darroy
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 1 2010, 01:09 PM) *
Tight video D-Marv, that gets me even more hyped for this fight. Love him or hate him, he is the biggest star in boxing right now. Nobody gets people talking like a Floyd Mayweather fight. Seriously, 100 pages almost in a thread about Money May. Posters get furious about him. While I don't think there's a shot in hell Shane gets stopped tonight, he's going to get beat. He hasn't looked that impressive the last few years. I don't let one performance dictate what he will do. He didn't look good against Mayorga at all and got beat against Cotto in the last couple years. This isn't a faded Vargas or a slow Margarito in front of him tonight. This is the best fighter in the world. Shane won't be able to step up to that, as this isn't 2000 anymore. Mosley will work hard in there, but he'll be picked off every round and be busted up at the end.

i agree but this also ain't marquez coming up 2 weight classes or hatton coming up. this also ain't judah, baldomir, or gatti either floyd's facing. i think each guy is facing the best fighter the other has faced which is why i am looking forward to it. hopefully the fans just get their money's worth for a change in a big fight!
The CEO
Well I did my time this past week and ordered this sucker right before 8:00....time for some ME time.

Let it be known I'm not rooting for either guy....I just wanna see Greatness.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Byrd Man
WAR SHANE, MOTHERFUCKERS, WAR SHANE! lol
AussieLad
Trying to keep an eye on which preliminary they are up to before i drive down the pub to watch.

Can someone post when each new undercard starts up please?
Thegreatequalizer
pm me with a stream link, please!!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ May 1 2010, 06:50 PM) *
pm me with a stream link, please!!

+1
KookedKrack
smile_anim.gif
The Original MrFactor
Alvarez fight was a decent fight. Looks alot like Ron Howard has a bastard child living in Mexico.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 1 2010, 09:56 PM) *
Alvarez fight was a decent fight. Looks alot like Ron Howard has a bastard child living in Mexico.

Ha ha! He does! But at 19 the kid can fight. I was very impressed. Looks like a future MW.

BTW what the fuck does Ellerbee know about hand wraps?
Byrd Man
Damn Mosley....in Round 2 you was the man, Mosley, The fuck happened to you?
The Original MrFactor
Credit to Floyd... he did it to Mosley too. I can now say that I think Mayweather is one of the best ever. he beat down Shane.
KookedKrack
Got to give Floyd his props he did his thing tonight.
tymoney
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 2 2010, 12:01 AM) *
Damn Mosley....in Round 2 you was the man, Mosley, The fuck happened to you?

Lol I said the same thing, Floyd fought beautiful, nuff said!
tymoney
I was impressed by Alvarez tho, to only be 19 hes pretty damn good. They work wit em and improve his defense he gon be a problem. Remind me of Mayweather a tad bit the way he pulls back and rolls his shoulder.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Some random thoughts on the fight.

1. Not a great look to have Chris Brown in the background as Michael Buffer says "let's get ready to ruuuummmmbbbbllle."

2. Where was Hopkins? This is probably GBP's biggest fight of the year.

3. Pretty much played out as most of us hoped it wouldn't. PBF took some good shots in round 2 and fair play to him. He neutralized Mosley and imposed his gameplan on him. Cemented as best p4p in the posrt and no.1 WW in the world.

4. Shane could've definately done with a warm-up fight. I thought the advice of Richardson in the corner was EXCELLENT Shane just didn't seem able to implement it.

5. Interesting that after the fight when Merchant asked PBF about his strategy he first mentioned it as being a strategy that his father had come up with. Was quick to then mention Roger but I thought it was a telling slip of the tongue.

5. Beardo's post have been hilarious. I only hope he doesn't get too drunk and takes someone up the side of a hill...................

Jack 1000
Well,

The little cunt wins again.....FUCK! I think I need to borrow a page from Archie Moore on Ali in regards to Mayweather: "The boy needs a good spanking, but I'm not sure who can give it to him." Sadly, I don't think it will be Manny. Pacquiao is too small and the extra weight of Floyd will just take any snap out of Manny's punches.

Jack
Fitz
Good win for Mayweather. He was very impressive and people wouldn't be so critical of him if he fought like this most of the time. You see him tonight and against Hatton and then see what he does with someone like Baldomir. This is how he must fight.
Also much credit to Mayweather from coming back from being pretty hurt in round 2. Kept his cool and stuck with his game plan. That showed what he is made of.

Mosley looked like garbage. Not sure if it was age, ring rust or what. It could have even been stage fright. But he looked lost, tense and nervous in there. He was gassed by round 7 which isn't common, and he wasn't overly active. I get the feeling it could have been nervous energy he was expending. He waited for Mayweather and you never try play chess with him and showed him too much respect.

Mayweather is a fucking idiot for holding Mosley up for his entrance. In the end, I was expecting some good grand entrance. The entrance wasn't worth the hype. Also why the fuck was Mosley introduced and came out first?
Spyder
Shane couldn't adjust to Floyd once he did. Shane tried to counter Floyd, but was always a step behind.

I don't know that Pac beats FLoyd, but he will definitely step on the gas when Shane should've.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That fight went just as expected minus two punches in the 2nd round. Shane was only able to land two hard punches, and got dominated most of the fight. Styles make fights, and Mayweather's style would have always given Shane problems. I still think Shane has some fight left in him as well. This isn't the end of him, but Floyd is just on another level. Shane was so jittery and unsure of himself the whole fight. He was afraid to let his hands go, and Floyd was calm and collected. Shane also looked tired after the 5th round and really discouraged. Mayweather looked great tonight, and he'll look great in future nights. Pacquiao ain't got a shot against Floyd either. In fact, Pacquiao gets stopped by Mayweather, since he won't stop coming forward. They gotta make this fight though it would do 3 million ppv buys.
Imperius3
10-2 Mayweather.

I thought Shane would challenge him more than that, and in the first two rounds it looked like Shane was fuckin GAME. Floyd adjusted though, and Mosley didn't. Solid performance from Mayweather. He didn't make too many mistakes.

I don't think there's anyone from 154 down who can beat Floyd. That includes Williams and Martinez. In the Mosley fight, there was no drama because there was no challenge. Is there anyone out there who can really challenge Floyd? I think Pacquiao gets slaughtered too.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 1 2010, 11:58 PM) *
Shane couldn't adjust to Floyd once he did. Shane tried to counter Floyd, but was always a step behind.

I don't know that Pac beats FLoyd, but he will definitely step on the gas when Shane should've.

Agreed. I think it was Stevenski who said in the pre-fight analysis that waiting on Floyd and letting Floyd take the lead is lethal in a fight. After having a great 2nd round Mosley came out and did exactly that. Once the 3rd was over I knew the fight was over.

Trying to counter Floyd is a pointless pursuit.
Mean Mister Mustard
Quick observations

-Mayweather showed once again that he can take the shots like a champ and come back to dominate by making adjustments during the fight. Amazing adjustments.

-Mosley was doing the smart thing in the first 4 riounds; Make PBF go to him but he couldn't counter him.

-Mosley was digging to body something vicious in the last round. Too bad he couldn't do that before.

-Man that 2nd round was the most exciting round Mayweather has been in.
The CEO
Well...I saw some Greatness.

It was sad seeing Shane get Owned like that...it now makes me think about how the prime vs. prime between them would go again...yep...gotta change my pick...Mayweather is simply a league above Mosley.....Shane is human that shuts down too....and after this fight, I don't see ANYONE shuttin' Floyd down, let alone beat him...

The way I see it is Mosley should have never hit May in the mouth...lol...because Naazim was half right...Floyd became a dragon...a merciful one at that...

Seriously...he let Mosley off the hook tonight...it was a kind gesture from the normally sadistic Mayweather.
AussieLad
Time for me to...

The CEO
I have a text from Big Slim Sweet sayin'...

Ok. If you can, tell em I said money may came through. The faggot cocksucker came through.
rusty_trombone
Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy work
Box in Hand
Mayweather will go down as the fighter with the least amount of punishment taken and the most amount of damage dulled out and that makes him King in my book. He's not better that Sugar Ray Robinson but he fights smarter for damn sure. Ray got hit quite a lot and is was his toughness and heart that got him out of the mud. Floyd just doesn't get hit that often and when he does he's able to weather because he isn't shell shocked from years of abuse.
pesticid
I actually thought that Floyd beat Mosley worse than Marquez, Marquez never lost courage and kept on firing until the end. Mosley got scared and he shut it off. I think Floyd could've finished him if Mosley isn't such a clincher. If Mosley dd not hold all those round there is no doubt that he would've been hit a lot more.

On a side note, did Clottey throw more punches than Mosley against Pacman? I don't even know how compubox counted 400 something punches thrown by Mosley, there must be a mistake there.
PR316
Fight went like I thought it would for the most part, with the exception being that Mayweather stood his ground more than I thought. Brother Naz was right when he said that "Floyd would turn into a dragon if he gets hit in the mouth" and thats EXACTLY what he did.

Floyd could have stopped Shane had he stepped on the gas a bit more but I can't really ask more of him than he did tonight. He went toe to toe with a big strong welterweight and beat him one sidedly. Impressive indeed.

And one thing that doesn't get mentioned is that Floyd does have heart. He was legitimately hurt in this fight a couple of times in that 2nd round and he came back stronger than ever. He had Mosley intimidated as the fight went on.

Only Pacquiao stands any sort of chance to beat this guy at 147. At 154, I give Martinez and Williams a chance. But anyone else I'm not even interested in seeing. Antonio Margarito, are you kidding me!!??!... Many on here suggested Floyd would get beaten by him. Unbelievable.... Cotto would have gotten stopped by Mayweather also. There are some guys who can challenge Floyd, but its only a handful of them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 2 2010, 12:31 AM) *
Mayweather will go down as the fighter with the least amount of punishment taken and the most amount of damage dulled out and that makes him King in my book. He's not better that Sugar Ray Robinson but he fights smarter for damn sure. Ray got hit quite a lot and is was his toughness and heart that got him out of the mud. Floyd just doesn't get hit that often and when he does he's able to weather because he isn't shell shocked from years of abuse.

Woah woah woah there cowboy Ray Robinon had 200 professional fights. There really is no comparison. Had Ray only had to fight once a year for 20 million bucks do you think he would've fought a little differently? Making comparisons is almost pointless.

I'd say Ray's comp level was a little higher as well.
Byrd Man
I been meaning to ask, who the hell is this?

STEVENSKI
OK I broke down & ordered this pile of shit.

First things first. Mayweather gets NO credit for this one whatsoever. He beat a 38 year old guy with 5 losses after a 18 month layoff. He did what he was supposed to do. You don't get credit for doing the job you are paid to do & he certainly did not go above & beyond.

Mayweather looked good in there tonight but he is a prime 4 year old racehorse running against one ready for the glue factory. I am hardly suprised. I have to say I was disgusted with Bayless as well. His interference was unneccesary & how many times does he need to caution a fighter before something is done?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 1 2010, 11:42 PM) *
Woah woah woah there cowboy Ray Robinon had 200 professional fights. There really is no comparison. Had Ray only had to fight once a year for 20 million bucks do you think he would've fought a little differently? Making comparisons is almost pointless.

Just waiting for that type of reaction. I said Ray is better but took more punishment and that is a fact. I have both fighters careers on DVD and Ray took a lot of punishment. It's not a diss, Ray is my all time fav followed by Ali. BUT, May takes less punishement than anyone I've ever seen and when he finally gets hit he takes it because he's not shell shocked like so many others. His style is built for longevity where other fighters are shop worn by 30.
PR316
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 2 2010, 06:48 AM) *
I been meaning to ask, who the hell is this?

Its Olivia Molina. She's a Spanish actress.
Method
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 2 2010, 01:42 AM) *

Thank you.
Rivado
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 1 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Some random thoughts on the fight.

1. Not a great look to have Chris Brown in the background as Michael Buffer says "let's get ready to ruuuummmmbbbbllle."

2. Where was Hopkins? This is probably GBP's biggest fight of the year.

3. Pretty much played out as most of us hoped it wouldn't. PBF took some good shots in round 2 and fair play to him. He neutralized Mosley and imposed his gameplan on him. Cemented as best p4p in the posrt and no.1 WW in the world.

4. Shane could've definately done with a warm-up fight. I thought the advice of Richardson in the corner was EXCELLENT Shane just didn't seem able to implement it.

5. Interesting that after the fight when Merchant asked PBF about his strategy he first mentioned it as being a strategy that his father had come up with. Was quick to then mention Roger but I thought it was a telling slip of the tongue.

5. Beardo's post have been hilarious. I only hope he doesn't get too drunk and takes someone up the side of a hill...................

quuick random here...

Mariah looking HOT as fuck tho in that red thing she was wearing OH LORD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.