Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vernon Forrest v. Paul Williams
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
Rivado
There it is...

Thoughts?
STEVENSKI
I'll take a prime Viper. I think he is better in every single area than Williams.
PR316
Williams is very good. But the Viper in his prime was a bad ass. I think he would have beaten every welterweight of the 90s with exception of Trinidad.

Vernon with his jab, hand speed, precision punches and know how would win a UD against P-Will in a pretty decent scrap.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Forrest via viscious beatdown.
D-MARV
If Paul can take Vernon's best shot then He could outwork The Viper... I don't think PWill can take them all not long though. Certainly wouldn't be a one-sided beatdown... That's Laughable.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 12 2010, 02:08 AM) *
If Paul can take Vernon's best shot then He could outwork The Viper... I don't think PWill can take them all not long though. Certainly wouldn't be a one-sided beatdown... That's Laughable.

I see Vern winning in dominant fashion. Not saying it would be one sided but I think he would be a clear winner & winner by knockout possibly.
Fitz
I would take Forrest by UD.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 11 2010, 11:40 PM) *
I see Vern winning in dominant fashion. Not saying it would be one sided but I think he would be a clear winner & winner by knockout possibly.

I can see Vernon winning a clear decision but far from dominant (Early KO wouldn't shock me). The longer the fight lasts, the better that is for PWill. Vernon couldn't dominate Mayorga... I have a hard time believing he could have dominated PWill.
JLUVBABY
the way williams leans in with his head and poor defense willing to take a punch... i can see vernon getting williams out of there... as long as we dont get the version of vernon that fought quartey...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.