Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane Mosley was the same fighter last night as the past 8 years
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
TRU
I caught hell here from some not-so-smart people about Shane being the "biggest" challenge for lil Floyd going into the fight.

You smart guys were mesmerized by the second-coming of John Ruiz... I never got it.

The outcome of this fight was a pretty good Mayweather vs. a Mosley who didn't clinch which equals a very non-effective fighter. I've stated to JD time and time again... Mosley post-Forrest has been a different fighter that's largely been boosted due to his media and fan relations.

A farce at it's finest... it showed last night.
jvo1800
Besides the 2nd round when Shane hurt Floyd, this fight went exactly how i thought it was going to go. All that bullshit about this being Floyd's toughest fight was crazy to me. I think most people get caught up in the popularity of the fighter that Floyd's facing rather than the history and matchup of the fight. This was a very easy fight for Floyd like i tried to tell everybody because once Shane is beat mentally(which isnt hard to do) the fight is over. Speed and power cant overcome a lack of confidence which Shane has shown numerous times just check his fights with Winky Wright. Floyd had his whole camp beat mentally 6 weeks ago, cause like Floyd said "why would u wait til ur 38 yrs old to get ur first tattoo" that was the first sign to me. This fight went exactly the way i predicted, Shane was shot after round 2 when Floyd made his adjustment after being hurt.
TRU
QUOTE (jvo1800 @ May 2 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Besides the 2nd round when Shane hurt Floyd, this fight went exactly how i thought it was going to go. All that bullshit about this being Floyd's toughest fight was crazy to me. I think most people get caught up in the popularity of the fighter that Floyd's facing rather than the history and matchup of the fight. This was a very easy fight for Floyd like i tried to tell everybody because once Shane is beat mentally(which isnt hard to do) the fight is over. Speed and power cant overcome a lack of confidence which Shane has shown numerous times just check his fights with Winky Wright. Floyd had his whole camp beat mentally 6 weeks ago, cause like Floyd said "why would u wait til ur 38 yrs old to get ur first tattoo" that was the first sign to me. This fight went exactly the way i predicted, Shane was shot after round 2 when Floyd made his adjustment after being hurt.

Pretty much so...

Just funny how all these supposed boxing bustoffs could have sworn differently going into the fight.

Now we're supposed to be mesmerized by Floyd's "greatness" with this victory.

I give him complete and full credit for disposing of Mosley as he should of. It's not a victory over a dynamic fighter in ANY sense of the word.

Shane hasn't looked good since 2001. I've been saying this for YEARS.
JD
QUOTE (TRU @ May 2 2010, 01:32 PM) *
I caught hell here from some not-so-smart people about Shane being the "biggest" challenge for lil Floyd going into the fight.

You smart guys were mesmerized by the second-coming of John Ruiz... I never got it.

The outcome of this fight was a pretty good Mayweather vs. a Mosley who didn't clinch which equals a very non-effective fighter. I've stated to JD time and time again... Mosley post-Forrest has been a different fighter that's largely been boosted due to his media and fan relations.

I think the email exchange we had on Thursday gave a pretty clear sense where we both were coming from.

Mosley cannot fight inside, he does not throw anything straight and he loads up constantly...so...he was perfect. Mosley was clueless in there, yet now this fight is serving as a barometer for Floyd's potential fights with Pac or Martinez - and it shouldn't.

Floyd was impressive in there because saying it is one thing, but you still need to execute, and he did. But this fight tells us nothing about FLoyd's fight against Pac or Sergio.
TRU
QUOTE (JD @ May 2 2010, 03:03 PM) *
I think the email exchange we had on Thursday gave a pretty clear sense where we both were coming from.

Mosley cannot fight inside, he does not throw anything straight and he loads up constantly...so...he was perfect. Mosley was clueless in there, yet now this fight is serving as a barometer for Floyd's potential fights with Pac or Martinez - and it shouldn't.

Floyd was impressive in there because saying it is one thing, but you still need to execute, and he did. But this fight tells us nothing about FLoyd's fight against Pac or Sergio.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

It all came from the fact that 99.99 percent of boxing fans don't know what the hell they're looking at. People just wanna believe what they wanna believe and regurgitate what other idiots spew.

Mosley without the clinch is a VERY average fighter... throw him in with Angulo and have Keith Hughes ref the fight... Mosley gets decapitated.

So JD... you still think Mosley would beat Berto...? hahahahahah
JD
Berto is hittable...and has no chin at all. Berto does have a stiff quick jab though.

I dunno who wins that fight, and frankly, nor do I care - it would be terribly boring.
TRU
QUOTE (JD @ May 2 2010, 03:09 PM) *
Berto is hittable...and has no chin at all. Berto does have a stiff quick jab though.

I dunno who wins that fight, and frankly, nor do I care - it would be terribly boring.

I feel bad for Berto... he was robbed of his ability to expose a VASTLY overrated "pound-for-pound" fighter.

Just for the record... I would rate Berto a 7.5 out of 10.
D-MARV
I was not at all surprised at last night's fight. Floyd spanks little Manny but I have always thought that and it had nothing to do with last night's performance. Sergio is a different beast but he's two divisions higher than Floyd. If Floyd takes the fight then Kudos to him but he doesn't have to take it (I'm sure people will call that ducking, LMAO).

147 is Floyd's... He should clean up shop and wait until guys like Bradley and Alexander step up.

ALSO, Don't be surprised to see Amir Khan be next for Floyd!
lloyd mayflower
Mayweather may actually take longer to figure Khan out than Mosley since he has blistering handspeed and pretty good power, and is improving under Roach, but id say it would only take 30/40% of those hard and accurate right hands that Mosley took to have Khan falling about the ring like Bambi on cheap cider!
Maxy
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 2 2010, 03:12 PM) *
I was not at all surprised at last night's fight. Floyd spanks little Manny but I have always thought that and it had nothing to do with last night's performance. Sergio is a different beast but he's two divisions higher than Floyd. If Floyd takes the fight then Kudos to him but he doesn't have to take it (I'm sure people will call that ducking, LMAO).

147 is Floyd's... He should clean up shop and wait until guys like Bradley and Alexander step up.

ALSO, Don't be surprised to see Amir Khan be next for Floyd!

I doubt that. Khan's people know he would get bombed out very early should they make that fight.

As for Mosley, at 38 he wasn't likely to cause the upset. He's a gunslinger. Once his 'punchers chance' didn't come to anything in the 2nd round, the fight was over. His inactivity wouldn't have helped his cause either.
gbh32001
Scripted bout indeed!Same with Pac-Clottey...The next were Cotto-Floyd and Pac-Mosley before Pac-Money comes to fruition.It's business baby!And they are cashing the americans big time. thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 2 2010, 03:50 PM) *
Scripted bout indeed!Same with Pac-Clottey...The next were Cotto-Floyd and Pac-Mosley before Pac-Money comes to fruition.It's business baby!And they are cashing the americans big time. thumbsup_anim.gif

Pac-Clottey was scripted...this one wasn't...

Mosley was trying in the 2nd round and had bad intentions....

P.S.~ Look at Floyd's recovery there...the boy showed some Chin and Heart last night.
Snoop
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 2 2010, 08:11 PM) *

Co-sign. Mosley was trying HARD in there, looking frustrated and demoralized by the end the fight.

Clottey backed off anytime he landed anything. He also had the biggest fucking smile on his face after the fight.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 2 2010, 04:11 PM) *

P.S.~ Look at Floyd's recovery there...the boy showed some Chin and Heart last night.

Mosley was trying to end floyd. Loaded up the right and delivered it. Mad props to floyd for taking that sh*t like a grown a$$ man and kept on going. No dancing tonight against a deadly puncher.....I don't hear nobody bringing that up. He stood right there ready to be "found" shane found him and he walked right through it.

Floyd kills manny...if manny doesn't die it doesn't count.
neophyte7
I am so sick of this Manny losses on his record Pacquaio being mentioned in the same breath as Mayweather. Mayweather clearly is far superior in every category. Mayweather just pounded out a strong welter without running.. Mosley was easy work not because he is old, but because Mayweather is God in the ring. he comes in dishes out pain and leaves without a scratch. Pac's third world ass was lumped up in the face against Clottey who barely punched. Mayweather will beat this little bastard easily...
D-MARV
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 2 2010, 04:31 PM) *
I am so sick of this Manny losses on his record Pacquaio being mentioned in the same breath as Mayweather. Mayweather clearly is far superior in every category. Mayweather just pounded out a strong welter without running.. Mosley was easy work not because he is old, but because Mayweather is God in the ring. he comes in dishes out pain and leaves without a scratch. Pac's third world ass was lumped up in the face against Clottey who barely punched. Mayweather will beat this little bastard easily...

Be cool my friend.

The world will see soon enough.
HaydelHammer
I'll say this and i will end mine. When the best fighter in the world says he wants to play on an even playing field ...you take the test or you look like a cheater avoiding him.

Floyd will murder water head. He has the head of a 200lb man. Floyd will land 80% of his punches on that head. LMAO
neophyte7
LMAO-- when I look at Shane's (steroid user) 7 footer hEAD on a 5'9 body and look at Pac's 7 footer head on a 5"5 body... it is plain to see that both of these guys were on roids... Huge targets for mayweather's accurate punching... LMAO- PBF heaD HUNTED last night because Mosley's head was so huge-- same story with Manny afraid to prove I am clean Pacquiao..
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 2 2010, 04:55 PM) *
LMAO-- when I look at Shane's (steroid user) 7 footer hEAD on a 5'9 body and look at Pac's 7 footer head on a 5"5 body... it is plain to see that both of these guys were on roids... Huge targets for mayweather's accurate punching... LMAO- PBF heaD HUNTED last night because Mosley's head was so huge-- same story with Manny afraid to prove I am clean Pacquiao..

for those dude (shane and manny) to have "former football player" size heads...and they never even played football (LMAO) is crazy.

Those dudes have full grown 220lb running back size heads.

If it don't fit, you must be on that sh*t.
King Eugene
One thing that suprised me is Floyd was the aggressor for the majority of the fight. He looked like the Floyd from the lower weights. He came to fight.

Vernon Forest Fucked you up! Winky Wright Fucked you up! Cotto Fucked you up! Guess what...I'm a Fuck You Up!
-Mayweather-

...talking bout a man of his word. LMAO...I swear I want to celebrate and go crazy but it'd be to close to trolling so I'll just take shots every now and then.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 2 2010, 09:31 PM) *

?????

That forst bolded is an intensely stupid thing for any proper boxing fan to point out and expect to be taken seriously.

The second one is quite the most ridiculous statement iv ever read when it comes to riding HARD on someones nuts. Even among Floyd fans.
streetlion1
Shane didnt really show up for the fight combined with the fact that he was overtrained....I really thought he would give Floyd alot of trouble....at least more trouble than DLH gave him but besides the right hands in round 2 he did nothing. The advice that Naazim was giving him was right but Shane never even tried to let his hands go...very dissapointing. The thing about it is finally for a full fight Floyd stood his ground for the most part and was willing to exchange and got nothing in return. I think Mayweather stops Manny Pacquiao if they ever fight but one thing for sure is at least Manny will give Floyd a fight for however long it lasts.
tymoney
[quote name='TRU' date='May 2 2010, 01:32 PM' post='485074']

[/quote

All those guys that was giving you hell I wonder where they are at now??? All these smart guys up here cheerleaded so damn hard when Mosley hopped in the ring after the Marquez fight. All I heard was Floyd would never fight a big welter, hes scared, hes ducking blah blah blah. These smart guys feel dumb as hell right now lol
Douchebag
fight went like expected.
Fitz
What are you talking about man? He still was the biggest test for Floyd in some time. He was considered the top guy at 147 and most had him at #3 p4p rankings. I can't speak for everyone, but at least I thought you were an idiot or arguing with you because you said that Mosley has been SHOT since Forrest, you compared Mosley to Ruiz and gave him no credit for beating Margarito.
For the record, I picked Mayweather to win this fight.
TRU
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2010, 09:31 PM) *
What are you talking about man? He still was the biggest test for Floyd in some time. He was considered the top guy at 147 and most had him at #3 p4p rankings. I can't speak for everyone, but at least I thought you were an idiot or arguing with you because you said that Mosley has been SHOT since Forrest, you compared Mosley to Ruiz and gave him no credit for beating Margarito.
For the record, I picked Mayweather to win this fight.

Biggest test for Floyd? LOL.

Biggest NAME test maybe... but not biggest test.

Timothy Bradley, Andre Berto, Devon Alexander, Amir Khan, Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquiao were all bigger tests for Floyd.

Mosley was a name... an overrated name and you were just too dumb to see that.

He's been RUINED since Forrest as was evident on Saturday and evident since that first Forrest fight.

Amazing how "smart" people like youare.
Snoop
QUOTE (TRU @ May 3 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Timothy Bradley, Andre Berto, Devon Alexander, Amir Khan, Paul Williams, Sergio Martinez, Manny Pacquiao were all bigger tests for Floyd.

You really think Amir Khan is a bigger test than Mosley?
Fitz
QUOTE (TRU @ May 3 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Biggest test for Floyd? LOL.

Biggest NAME test maybe... but not biggest test.

Mosley was a name... an overrated name and you were just too dumb to see that.

He's been RUINED since Forrest as was evident on Saturday and evident since that first Forrest fight.

Amazing how "smart" people like youare.

I'm talking about guys he has faced, not potential and yes going into the fight. Mosley was one of the biggest tests for Mosley.

Mosley was a champion, rated at #3 in the world by most. Overrated or not, those are the facts.

I picked Mayweather in this fight anyways, so I don't know why you are calling me dumb. You are dumb for calling him shot since the Forrest fight and giving him NO CREDIT for what he did to Margarito.
TRU
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 2 2010, 11:45 PM) *
I'm talking about guys he has faced, not potential and yes going into the fight. Mosley was one of the biggest tests for Mosley.

Mosley was a champion, rated at #3 in the world by most. Overrated or not, those are the facts.

I picked Mayweather in this fight anyways, so I don't know why you are calling me dumb. You are dumb for calling him shot since the Forrest fight and giving him NO CREDIT for what he did to Margarito.

What difference does it make what the idiot masses rated Mosley? They could have rated him number one and I still wouldn't give 2 shits. The guy cannot box well, has no defense, and just relies on wild right hands and clinching to get the job done.

Without excessive clinching, Mosley is nothing and it just reared it's ugly head.

The fight was as competitive and maybe even less so than the Marquez fight.

I'm not impressed with John Ruiz, maybe you are.

And yes... I'd pick Khan to be more competitive than Mosley PRIOR to this fight. Any of those guys I'd pick to give more comp than Mosley did... I've been saying this since 2006.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (TRU @ May 2 2010, 07:00 PM) *

I give him complete and full credit for disposing of Mosley as he should of. It's not a victory over a dynamic fighter in ANY sense of the word.

Exactly I give terry Norris more credit for his win over Leonard than Mayweather gets for beating Mosley.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I knew the fight would go like that. I said in all my posts that Mayweather would dominate the fight. The only surprised was that he got stunned by a couple nice right hands. Other than the first two rounds, Shane couldn't do anything. He kept coming forward and getting caught. He's still a good fighter to me, and I think he beats Berto still. Styles make fights though, and that style would never be good for Shane. I think the buy rate will be very high for this fight, and that's good for boxing. Hopefully they can continue making the big fights that draw in the fans.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (TRU @ May 2 2010, 02:00 PM) *
Pretty much so...

Just funny how all these supposed boxing bustoffs could have sworn differently going into the fight.

Shane hasn't looked good since 2001. I've been saying this for YEARS.

I think your assessment is pretty harsh Tru. I thought Shane looked pretty good against Collazo, Vargas and Margarito. The 2nd DLH fight was close but I wouldn't say he looked terrible in that either, nor the 2nd Winky Wright fight. Shoot he didn't even look too bad against Cotto.

But I think fighting Floyd you have to put it into a whole new perspective. Floyd is a couple of steps up on any of those guys and a couple of steps up over anyone else active today. I mean who does look good aginst Floyd? DLH and Judah both had a couple of 'moments' against him but outside of that I struggle to think of many guys even taking rounds off him in the last few years.

Put Shane back in with most of the other welters mentioned and I bet he does OK.

Yeah I was on the War Train and desperately hoped to see Shane clean his dial but like many others I was relatively realistic that it wasn't going to happen.

Now you come on here crowing that half the guys on these boards don't know their stuff cause they were pulling for Shane hard coming into this fight. You need to understand these boards. Leading into a big fight if you like a certain fighter or hate a certain fighter then you sorta have permission to throw common sense out the window, let those irrational thoughts flow and go apeshit with your (illogical) predictions.

It's why Eugene swore on a stack of bibles that Roy was gonna beat Caslappy. It's why guys like Keith or Beardo were making bold predictions that Shane was gonna send PBF to sleep. Does it mean I think they don't know their boxing? Hell no. It's what makes big fights so much fun, dudes going out on a limb with whack predictions and having to eat crow afterwards.

I know you called this big leading into the fight and for sure you've got bragging rights but I wouldn't so easily dismiss the opinions of some of the guys that post up on these boards because mark my words dude eventually you'll get one wrong too drinks.gif

pesticid
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ May 3 2010, 03:48 AM) *
Mosley was not even the same fighter last night than he was against Collazo & Cotto!

No kidding, he was scared shitless from a guy who supposedly can't punch
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 3 2010, 04:09 AM) *
No kidding, he was scared shitless from a guy who supposedly can't punch

I'm not sure too many here have ever said Floyd couldn't crack.

Brittle hands? Yeah. Unwillingness to finish guys off? Sure, but Floyd has OK power, especially when coupled with his speed and superior technique, Floyd could potentially wax most guys at 147.
Method
The CEO
and check out this body shot...

like Buford T. Justice would say...OOF!
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 3 2010, 10:34 AM) *
I'm not sure too many here have ever said Floyd couldn't crack.

Brittle hands? Yeah. Unwillingness to finish guys off? Sure, but Floyd has OK power, especially when coupled with his speed and superior technique, Floyd could potentially wax most guys at 147.

Floyd definitely has underrated power, but his KO ability comes from precision, succession and accumulation IMO.

I wonder how much that "retirement" helped his hands. I haven't heard him complain about them in a while.
TRU
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 3 2010, 04:27 AM) *
I think your assessment is pretty harsh Tru. I thought Shane looked pretty good against Collazo, Vargas and Margarito. The 2nd DLH fight was close but I wouldn't say he looked terrible in that either, nor the 2nd Winky Wright fight. Shoot he didn't even look too bad against Cotto.

But I think fighting Floyd you have to put it into a whole new perspective. Floyd is a couple of steps up on any of those guys and a couple of steps up over anyone else active today. I mean who does look good aginst Floyd? DLH and Judah both had a couple of 'moments' against him but outside of that I struggle to think of many guys even taking rounds off him in the last few years.

Put Shane back in with most of the other welters mentioned and I bet he does OK.

Yeah I was on the War Train and desperately hoped to see Shane clean his dial but like many others I was relatively realistic that it wasn't going to happen.

Now you come on here crowing that half the guys on these boards don't know their stuff cause they were pulling for Shane hard coming into this fight. You need to understand these boards. Leading into a big fight if you like a certain fighter or hate a certain fighter then you sorta have permission to throw common sense out the window, let those irrational thoughts flow and go apeshit with your (illogical) predictions.

It's why Eugene swore on a stack of bibles that Roy was gonna beat Caslappy. It's why guys like Keith or Beardo were making bold predictions that Shane was gonna send PBF to sleep. Does it mean I think they don't know their boxing? Hell no. It's what makes big fights so much fun, dudes going out on a limb with whack predictions and having to eat crow afterwards.

I know you called this big leading into the fight and for sure you've got bragging rights but I wouldn't so easily dismiss the opinions of some of the guys that post up on these boards because mark my words dude eventually you'll get one wrong too drinks.gif

I've been wrong before and I'll definitely be wrong again in the future.

I just call it how I see it and I've said that Mosley was a smokescreen of a fighter with all that bullshit mauling he does.

Without his excessive clinching, Mosley is a very average fighter.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ May 3 2010, 08:56 AM) *

These are the punches that made Shane's neck so stiff. If you watch the first fight with De la Hoya, Shane had the same problems there.
JLUVBABY
again not taking anything away from the win saturday cuzz it was a masterpeice for sure... but i've been saying for the longest that shanes win over margarito was over rated... reason why i figured this is what fighter can get busted with a potentially career ending infraction like loaded gloves and then go into a fight 30 minutes later and perform at peak level?... that had to have been on his mind in that fight is the way i see it and im just not sure margarito was into that fight... now rewind a fight before that for shane where he virtually looks like shit against mayorga until he knocks the guy out in the last round of a very close fight on the cards... elite fighters have no buisness going tooth and nail with ricardo mayorga and r.i.p vernon forrest but i throw him in that group as well... mayorga is a fighter used by elite fighters on the comeback trail to make them look good.... point is shane was considered shot after that fight... fights a mentally unprepaired margarito and all of a sudden was considered a killer again... i never understood that...
buford54
As has been said many times, Shane can be defeated mentally. He's still fast and strong, but Forrest and Winky showed that when you take away his speed, and he isn't landing his power shots, he gives up. He begins to simply charge straight in and wing a few right/left hooks. He has never been good defensively, and he flicks his jab with nothing on it at all.
I did find it odd that Shane's mouth was hanging open by the end of the 3rd round. He was gassed really early.
PR316
Shane was definitely overhyped after his win over Margarito. People went crazy with that, as if Margarito was something special.

Mayweather won because he was the superior fighter, period. In their primes???... I say Mayweather still wins but in a much tougher fight.

Mayweather looked great. Devastating. But what happened against Mosley does not happen against Pacquiao. Different animals. Different styles.

No comparison at all with Mosley and Pacquiao.
KookedKrack
Shane was not overhyped with his win over Margarito imo...... its just that Floyd is that good plain and simple.
enigma1969
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 4 2010, 10:43 PM) *
Shane was not overhyped with his win over Margarito imo...... its just that Floyd is that good plain and simple.

I totally agree.

Just an opinion BUT if Shane was overhyped than how does Mayweather performance becomes so impressive?! It won't be because he just beat an overhyped fighter. Shane is damn good and the four men who beat him are all very good to great fighters. He lost to Forrest, Wright, Cotto, and Mayweather - pretty good group of fighters. Its not like Shane has been beaten by a C class fighter. Each of these men have been ranked very highly.

Now I wasn't on the boards when Mosley was getting ready to fight Tony but I do remember the media fearing for his life. Tony just beat down Cotto and was called a monster in the ring. Shane taxed his ass and he looked great doing it. Major props to him. If Mosley had KO'd Mayweather in the fight and he was close to doing it in the 2nd round. But we all know close is only good in horse shoes. But people would be saying that Mayweather was not that great. He was a coward. Blah Blah!

In the old days fighters lost several fights and that was okay. Roberto Durán is considered an hall of fame fighter and he had several loses - Leonard, Hearns, Hagler all beat him but no one is saying he's over hyped!

And styles make fights.

If fighters go out and test themselves against the best they are going to get beaten and more than once.

If Mayweather hangs around long enough and continues to truly test himself he will lose to someone. And it could be a fighter that we never thought could do it to him. How many people thought Forrest would lose to Ricardo Mayorga not once but twice?!

If Mosley and Mayweather fought in their primes?! I would still pick Shane because I believe that the younger version would be able to follow up faster than the older version did Saturday after hurting Mayweather. But they didn't and it doesn't matter.

Just my two cents.

PR316
No... Shane WAS overhyped... Not that it matters because at their bests, Mayweather still beats him, albeit in a more competitive fight thats for sure.

But lets not be blind to the facts here. Mosley had only looked good in his fight with Margarito in the recent past, and he had lackluster performances against Ricardo Mayorga and Miguel Cotto prior to that.

If it would have been Manny Pacquiao in there, I guarantee you guys that he would have stopped Mosley in absolutely BRUTAL fashion. He would have busted up Shane and would have gotten him out of there within 10, and it would not have been pretty to watch. Mosley would have been battered and broken like never before.

This does not mean Pacquiao beats Mayweather obviously. But styles do make fights, and Pacquiao presents much more a style problem than Mosley ever could with his basic approach of standing square up to his opponents and just winging wild shots with his eyes closed hoping to pull off an Antonio Tarver one punch KO in there.
streetlion1
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 6 2010, 10:46 AM) *
No... Shane WAS overhyped... Not that it matters because at their bests, Mayweather still beats him, albeit in a more competitive fight thats for sure.

But lets not be blind to the facts here. Mosley had only looked good in his fight with Margarito in the recent past, and he had lackluster performances against Ricardo Mayorga and Miguel Cotto prior to that.

If it would have been Manny Pacquiao in there, I guarantee you guys that he would have stopped Mosley in absolutely BRUTAL fashion. He would have busted up Shane and would have gotten him out of there within 10, and it would not have been pretty to watch. Mosley would have been battered and broken like never before.

This does not mean Pacquiao beats Mayweather obviously. But styles do make fights, and Pacquiao presents much more a style problem than Mosley ever could with his basic approach of standing square up to his opponents and just winging wild shots with his eyes closed hoping to pull off an Antonio Tarver one punch KO in there.

Your right styles do make fights...thats why I think Mosley would still have a very good chance at beating Pacquiao. Floyd is light years ahead of Pacman defensively and overall boxing skill. Manny is all offense and gets hit easily.....no way does Manny do to Shane what Floyd did,

I do agree with you that Manny gives Floyd more problems but I think Floyd does stop Pacman somewhere around round 9 if they fight.
jlupi
winging wild shots with his eyes closed>>>>

Lets not get crazy. The guy always fought with the same basic style his whole life. his amateur career was like 230/12 and 46/6 as a pro fighting top competition. Im sure at 38 he's not the same as 28 but he is not some lucky scrub.
jlupi
Your right styles do make fights...thats why I think Mosley would still have a very good chance at beating Pacquiao. Floyd is light years ahead of Pacman defensively and overall boxing skill. Manny is all offense and gets hit easily.....no way does Manny do to Shane what Floyd did>>>>

I did agree but seeing how mosley shut down Im not sure he does not do the same w pac if the fight gets past the first 4 rds
JD
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 6 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Your right styles do make fights...thats why I think Mosley would still have a very good chance at beating Pacquiao.

Pacquiao would have Mosley utterly clueless with his footwork. Floyd stood right there, and Mosley could do nothing because Shane cannot get off unless he loads up, and Floyd eats that shit up. That looping shit wouldn't work on Manny either, and if Mosley tried to rush in to clinch - we see how Manny handles that.
PR316
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 6 2010, 03:52 PM) *
Your right styles do make fights...thats why I think Mosley would still have a very good chance at beating Pacquiao. Floyd is light years ahead of Pacman defensively and overall boxing skill. Manny is all offense and gets hit easily.....no way does Manny do to Shane what Floyd did,

I do agree with you that Manny gives Floyd more problems but I think Floyd does stop Pacman somewhere around round 9 if they fight.

For Mosley to land his best shots, he needs a still target. Manny's constant pivots, turns, and side steps would really frustrate Mosley because he wouldn't be able to get off.

If Shane had a good stiff jab, he'd have a chance. But he doesnt. And thats one of the reasons why Manny would batter him very badly.,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.