Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Williams-Cintron (Preview Thread)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mean Mister Mustard
I've never beena huge fan of Cintron. After he caught two beatdowns from Margarito I wrote him off as a serious contender. Now I must give him his props. Sure he's been stopped twice but he does seem eager to learn and doesn't want to give up. That shows tenacity and resolve. I seem to forget sometimes that a loss is not the end of the world. You can learn a lot from them and Cintron seems to have learned plenty. His defense is better, he has shown a little slickness and doesn't rely on his power. He should have lost the Martinez fight based in the KD but in between that he fought pretty well, he made Martinez miss a lot and had him off balance a couple of times.

In Paul Williams, he's going to face a guy who holds some of the same attributes that his conqeror had: Incredible stamina, a high work rate and a rock soid chin. The good thing is that Williams does not hit as hard as Margarito but he does have better defense. So does this fight go the same way as Cintron's two fights with Margarito?

Cintron is going to be fighting off the backfoot due to Williams' pressure. He will look to counter over his foes lazy jab and hope to make Williams tentative. Whenever he finds himself on the ropes he will roll with the punches and either counter or hold. However, Williams will be right there with him throughout the fight and when Cintron starts to lose some gas, that's when Williams will take over. Cintron will still land a huge shot every now and then but the sheer volume and persistence of Williams attack will earn the Punisher a UD.

If I were Cintron I'd look to wear Williams down to the body. Cintron does have heavy hands but against top contenders who know how to roll with punches and who have good chins it takes more than a pair of heavy hands to stop them, especially whent they are double tough like Williams. Go to the body.

Williams needs to be careful when he throws punches. He leaves that jab out there and is open to counters. He gets away with it due to his great chin but he cannot be eating flush shots in every fight. Eventually the tough fights will catch up with him.
Box in Hand
As much as I don't like Cintron's cry baby ass I hope he whoops Williams. Williams needs an ego adjustment. His defense is shit and there is no reason people should be thinking this guy is P4P anything. He lost his last fight to Martinez and I hope he gets schooled in this one. However, I expect him to possibly whoop and or stop Cintron.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 4 2010, 06:49 PM) *
As much as I don't like Cintron's cry baby ass I hope he whoops Williams. Williams needs an ego adjustment. His defense is shit and there is no reason people should be thinking this guy is P4P anything. He lost his last fight to Martinez and I hope he gets schooled in this one. However, I expect him to possibly whoop and or stop Cintron.

All right, a Williams hater. I can't wait to see Dmarv show up later and read that.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 4 2010, 07:49 PM) *

Fuck You!!!!

Just kiddin... Williams By Groundation!
tymoney
I honestly think Cintron may pull an upset. I never bought into the whole "most feared fighter" story with Pwill. Hes tall and long as hell.. but skill wise hes not really that impressive to me. He does have great stamina with a high work rate.. he always seem to finish the same way he started. But he's just too damn hittable for my taste. Sure he can take a punch, but hes still human. And Cintron got the power to sit him down. I cant really give the nod to anyone based off what Ive seen previously. Cintron has looked good recently but idk if I can put too much stock into that. Interesting to see how this turns out!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 4 2010, 06:55 PM) *
Fuck You!!!!

LOL.

I don't know if Williams will stop Cintron UNLESS he goes to the body. a lot of people are giving Williams shit for going to war with Martinez but after the seeing Pavlik lose to "Maravilla" I think they should admit that Williams is not all that bad. Moreover he only seems to get hit a lot against southpaws and Cintron is not a crafty, elusive fighter like Quintana and Martinez so that should give Williams a chance to get to the breadbasket.
Snoop
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 4 2010, 11:49 PM) *

I've never considered Williams to have a big ego. I always thought he had the right attitude to get the good fights made.

On the other hand, I STILL remember all the bitch-like behavior Cintron would show in camp that was discussed on the old boards. Fuck Cintron. First boxer to lose a fight twice in one night and get a draw.
D-MARV
I met Williams a couple of times and he is as humble as they come.

For me this fight has nothing to do with boxing skills or who hits harder or who has the better defense. This is simply a battle of the minds. In PWill you have the mind of a soldier. This guys enjoys going to war and loves the taste of his own blood. Cintron is as tough as a 13 year old girl. Once he hits Williams with his best punch (and he will) and Paul laughs and keeps throwing, Cintron will fold.
JD
This is basically going to be like a big brother slapping around his little sister.
BigG
Williams late round TKO
salvador
Williams needs a stoppage bad.

As I said in another thread, I got a call from the Home Depot Center wanting to know if I wanted discounted tickets and you can still buy good (8th row seats for $200) seats on ticketmaster and the venue is pretty small. Bummer, but Paul needs to put on a show and really make the public demand to see him fight the money guys. That said, if he gets too careless Cintron could absolutely knock Paul out. Cintron's big, strong, long, and can punch.

I agree that Cintron needs to go to the body early and often.

I predict that this will be a shockingly good fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JD @ May 4 2010, 07:30 PM) *
This is basically going to be like a big brother slapping around his little sister.

Kermit the Frog is gonna be made into Frog Soup!

For the life of me, I cannot see Cintron winning this fight. He has pop but that's all. Williams has the awkward style, reach, punch output to be competittive against anyone. Paul Williams is Mayweather's toughest challenge. There is nothing that makes me see Cintron winning this fight. Williams by a BRUTAL near shut-out UD. Every round for Cintron worse than the last.

Williams: 120-107 (yes a KD in there)
Willaims- 119-108
Williams: 117-110

Jack
Lil-lightsout
This fight will not make it the distance. Cintron will not be able to keep up with Paul's pressure. The ONLY way Kermit wins this fight is by an early KO. Cintron does not like pressure and does not have good stamina, especially when pressed. I pick PW by midrounds TKO from Cintron taking a knee or quitting in his corner. Though Cintron does have a punchers chance early on, thats all though.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 4 2010, 09:41 PM) *
This fight will not make it the distance. Cintron will not be able to keep up with Paul's pressure. The ONLY way Kermit wins this fight is by an early KO. Cintron does not like pressure and does not have good stamina, especially when pressed. I pick PW by midrounds TKO from Cintron taking a knee or quitting in his corner. Though Cintron does have a punchers chance early on, thats all though.

BRUH...FOR REAL...those sigs man!

LMFAO!
SmartyBeardo
Cintron fails to get off his stool sometime after 6.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 4 2010, 09:47 PM) *
BRUH...FOR REAL...those sigs man!

LMFAO!

Complain to JLUV, he is the flamer who picked these pics, not me. And if I am not active I am sure Jluv will have a fit that I did not post enough. So we are all screwed either way.
jp
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 4 2010, 08:52 PM) *
From what I have seen as Williams, he comes across as a pretty classy guy, humble and has the right attitude towards fighting. He just lacks defence and he doesn't use his physical tools to his advantage. He is freakishly long, yet he fights small. He really needs to work on his defence and his lack of defence always comes from his offence. He over commits just about every time he throws.

That said, Williams is going to beat Cintron down and stop him. I saw last week that Williams was paying $2.00 to stop him, so I am going to lay cash on him for a stoppage, I just hope the odds haven't shortened.

That's a good bet...if Kermit doesn't get knocked out he will definitely fail to answer the bell at some point in the fight. I don't think that this one goes the distance, Cintron doesn't have what it takes upstairs to go 12 rounds with Paul.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 4 2010, 05:55 PM) *
Fuck You!!!!

I knew that was coming D. Yeah, Williams should beat this dudes ass pretty easy. I'm just not a big Willams fan.

The Original MrFactor
I've been so bad lately that some of you guys may want to pick the guy I dont pick. I'm the next Teddy Atlas it seems... I'm going with Williams SD12.

Now watch Cintron KO him... lol!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got Williams by domination. Cintron was able to outslick Angulo, but even at the end of that fight he was on his heels looking to survive. I don't think Cintron can stay that disciplined against a fighter like Williams. In fact, Williams has the worst style possible for Cintron. He's tall, puts on a lot of pressure, and is just busy as hell. Not to mention, he has fast hands. The combination of these things will lead to Cintron's doom. I don't think Cintron can do anything in this fight except land a hail mary shot Williams does not see coming. Even so, Williams has an incredible chin and can really take a shot. Cintron won't be able to box against Williams, as he's not fast enough no does he have the footwork to get in and out. I expect Williams to stop him in the 7th or 8th round after laying a beating on him in the early rounds.
King Eugene
Williams by late stoppage or wide UD. He'll wear him down and whip him real good. Cintron will find something to cry about. He could be KO'd clean and clear yet he'd wake up in the dressing room complaining about the 10 count was too fast.
Imperius3
Williams by a wide decision.

And yeah, I think I'm gonna have to turn the sigs off until LL's sig bet expires. That's some horrible shit...
enigma1969
I like PWill but I don't like the way he fights. For such a tall guy he gives up his height and reach too much. And lately he has been getting hit to cleanly for my likes. He's there to get hit. And Cintron is a puncher. Ronnie Shields has him boxing a bit more BUT for this fight I would have revert back more to his older style.

This gives Cintron a BIG chance. He may catch Williams coming in when he's throwing all of those damn shots. Paul is there to be hit. If he ever learned how to use that reach and height properly. He would be so much better.

And after his recent crossroads victory he may have new confidence going in this fight. STILL Cintron has shown that he is a bit mentally fragile. Any guy who breaks down the way he has shown in the past makes me always think: "If he did it once. He will do it again."

All in all I think we will see a good fight no matter how long it lasts.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Williams in and out all night, pot shots and then combo's Cintron to death. Wide UD or late stoppage. I predict this fight will end in tears.
GARCIA
Williams by KO.... Late rounds
kidbazooka1
Willaims will out work Cintron for 12 rds to take an easy UD.
JLUVBABY
as much as i dont like cintron i cant help but figure he's a live dog in this one... im just not quite sold on p-will... i want to be but... if contron hhits pwill with soome of the shots sergio was able to land.... lets just say this might be a good one... gotta give the edge to williams in a possible shootout...
enigma1969
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 5 2010, 07:12 PM) *
as much as i dont like cintron i cant help but figure he's a live dog in this one... im just not quite sold on p-will... i want to be but... if contron hhits pwill with soome of the shots sergio was able to land.... lets just say this might be a good one... gotta give the edge to williams in a possible shootout...

I agree. Cintron is a live dog in this fight.

This fight has so many possible outcomes and most favorite Williams. But like you mentioned if Cintron catches him with the same shots that Sergio landed. It could spell trouble for PWill.

I have a strong feeling that this fight will be decided early. If Cintron doesn't get Williams early I have a feeling he will get ran out of the ring.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 4 2010, 08:54 PM) *
Complain to JLUV, he is the flamer who picked these pics, not me. And if I am not active I am sure Jluv will have a fit that I did not post enough. So we are all screwed either way.

you are doing a great job lil lightsout... please dont go against my judgement again... i already have plans for your next sig if you dare defy my boxing logic again... lol.
enigma1969
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 07:20 AM) *
you are doing a great job lil lightsout... please dont go against my judgement again... i already have plans for your next sig if you dare defy my boxing logic again... lol.

Man that is just mean.

When I saw those pics I was like ... ohkay. But it appears that someone lost a bet. You just couldn't take the man's money. lol!

Its a brotherhood here. lol!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 02:20 AM) *

I forget the other fight we were going to bet on. Please refresh my memory. Paybacks a bitch!
PR316
Williams will make him quit sometime late in the fight.

Cintron has not shown me that power that he had at welterweight at 154. It'll be competitive early, but once the fight gets in deep water, P-Will imposes himself on Cintron and the constant workrate, hand speed, and intensity will be too much for Kermit.

Williams TKO 9
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 6 2010, 01:47 AM) *
I forget the other fight we were going to bet on. Please refresh my memory. Paybacks a bitch!

we dont have another fight set yet... we had talked about another one i forget which one... from what i recall we both thought the same fighter would win... lol..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 03:47 PM) *
we dont have another fight set yet... we had talked about another one i forget which one... from what i recall we both thought the same fighter would win... lol..

No... about 2 months ago we were disagreeing on another fight and you said we can sig bet that fight too. We definitely were not agreeing on it. I forget which one also, lol. I will later have to do a search.

That guy in the red mask looks a lot like PBF, no wonder you're a fan of his. laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 6 2010, 02:57 PM) *
No... about 2 months ago we were disagreeing on another fight and you said we can sig bet that fight too. We definitely were not agreeing on it. I forget which one also, lol. I will later have to do a search.

That guy in the red mask looks a lot like PBF, no wonder you're a fan of his. laugh.gif

lol... he does kinda lok like lil floyd... a tall version... lol... please respond back... lol...
EpTXCHAMP
Williams by u.d.......now his defense is borderline garbage but I just don't understand how anyone can dislike this kid he is pure action with his punch output it's just nuts how many punches he throws in a fight which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him against Floyd. I mean zab,dlh, and Shane never pushed Floyd after the early rounds because they simply didn't let there hands go
JLUVBABY
i hope there are a lot of guys in chat for this fight saturday...
enigma1969
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 11:39 PM) *
i hope there are a lot of guys in chat for this fight saturday...

I will be there brother.
SmartyBeardo
I have already predicted that Cintron will not get off his stool sometime after 6 in this thread and called a TKO 8 in the May Prediction League. But given the crap PWill has been spewing as of late, the overwhelming belief that he will prevail and the bandwagon of Cintron haters, I'm pulling for a KO by the underdog.

Sit us all down, Kermit.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cintron has to go out and win the early rounds because I'm pretty sure he won't be winning the late ones. It might also be a good idea for him to fight Williams on the inside. Williams needs distance to fire off his shots and since Cintron has acquired a decent shoulder roll, maybe he can win some rounds in there and slip punches.
JD
Cintron needs to go out and take his bitch slapping...and like it.
Jack 1000
If The Frog wins, he should rematch with Martinez. To be honest, I don't think Kermit beat the count in that 7th round and the fight should have been over.

Recap here:

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1372919

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.