Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scott Shaffer, WTF?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
MMA UPDATE
By Scott Shaffer

Emilianenko, Lesnar announce separate fights

MMA is taking a page out of boxing's book of problems. Today, two separate heavyweight championship claimants announced separate title defenses, one of them against an interim titlist. The world’s consensus #1 heavyweight and pound-for-pound MMA fighter, Fedor “The Last Emperor” Emelianenko (31-1), will defend the Strikeforce title against two-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu world champion Fabricio “Vai Cavalo” Werdum (13-4) at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. on Saturday, June 26th, live on Showtime at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).

Found that little snippet on another boxing website. Can you guys spot the obvious mistake? And maybe enlighten Mr. Shaffer?
pcraw
No enlightenment needed it's an idiotic website. I didn't know Fedor was Strikeforce's heavyweight champion. Idiot!
Warlord
QUOTE (pcraw @ May 5 2010, 12:44 PM) *
No enlightenment needed it's an idiotic website. I didn't know Fedor was Strikeforce's heavyweight champion. Idiot!

laugh.gif Idiotic is the right word. How hard would it be for a "professional" to check that shit out before submitting it.

Hell, I don't even post on these boards without checking EVERYTHING out before hand. This guy... damn. laugh.gif

Though to be fair, Overeem hasn't fought for Strikeforce in a billion years, lol, and he may get himself blitzed against Rogers, so eventually, Shaffer might be right in the end.
thehype
LOL. Honestly, I don't even know why they even bother. NOBODY reads that site for any MMA news....hell, barely anybody reads that site, period!

laugh.gif

Funny that I just received a notification that a ScottShaffer just registered an account here. Now I have to find some free time to approve the account.

laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (thehype @ May 6 2010, 09:02 PM) *
LOL. Honestly, I don't even know why they even bother. NOBODY reads that site for any MMA news....hell, barely anybody reads that site, period!

laugh.gif

Funny that I just received a notification that a ScottShaffer just registered an account here. Now I have to find some free time to approve the account.

laugh.gif

He probably signed up just to refute this topic, lol.

Seriously though, the only other site I visit on a regular basis for MMA news is Sherdog. That other website, hell, you can't even get any real boxing news there. All you get is some lame-ass opinion pieces, and all the latest updates on Ishe Smith, Monte Barrett, and the two Kauffmans.
thehype
LOL. No doubt. Mailbagtalk.com. LOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.