Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another May-Pac thread...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
gbh32001
Digest it folks....As always, fish caught from the mouth and this muther fuckeer fella expose himself.
No wonder he came out with the steroid issue.

http://www.eatthemushroom.com/mag/article....381&catID=6
The CEO

The End.
Snoop
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 6 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Digest it folks....As always, fish caught from the mouth and this muther fuckeer fella expose himself.
No wonder he came out with the steroid issue.

http://www.eatthemushroom.com/mag/article....381&catID=6

Where did he expose himself exactly? Where he said Floyd wouldn't fight without steroid testing?

QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 11:33 PM) *

The End.

Yup. Pretty much says it all. Hell, even Pacquiao's own trainer does some of the work for them. Pathetic.
Byrd Man
I've always thought anyone who uses this logic is stupid beyond belief. Sr. just proved it.

Regarding Floyd’s win over Shane in the context of Mosley’s win over Antonio Margarito:

“Well you know what? They kept talking about how Floyd was scared of Margarito. Little Floyd already told everybody he could whoop Margarito. He was not worried about no Margarito so what Floyd did was kill two birds with one stone. He let Shane go whoop Margarito and Shane beat Margarito like Floyd beat Shane, so that showed him he would have done the same thing Shane did—knocked him out. Little Floyd would have done the same thing to him because Floyd is too fast, too quick, and too smooth for Margarito.”
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2010, 06:24 PM) *
I've always thought anyone who uses this logic is stupid beyond belief. Sr. just proved it.

well byrd heres the deal... the board already knows my theory on shanes win over margarito and that is tonys mind wasnt into the fight after being busted 30 min before fight time with loaded gloves... ive always stated i felt like margaritos mind could in no way be on the fight after fulling knowing and understanding the consequences he faced after that fight... now, that aside... lets say for an instance margs mind wasnt off the fight and shane really beat the killer margarito... i dont think that mayweather knocks margarito out... maybe he does i dont see it but i see a 12 round shallacking for mayweather over the guy... i see where you are coming from in a sense but the guy is right... floyd beats margarito in similar fashion. maybe not by ko but most of the time its better to be knocked out then to take a beating for 10 or 12 rounds... i can agree with that statement for the most part...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 04:43 PM) *
well byrd heres the deal... the board already knows my theory on shanes win over margarito and that is tonys mind wasnt into the fight after being busted 30 min before fight time with loaded gloves... ive always stated i felt like margaritos mind could in no way be on the fight after fulling knowing and understanding the consequences he faced after that fight... now, that aside... lets say for an instance margs mind wasnt off the fight and shane really beat the killer margarito... i dont think that mayweather knocks margarito out... maybe he does i dont see it but i see a 12 round shallacking for mayweather over the guy... i see where you are coming from in a sense but the guy is right... floyd beats margarito in similar fashion. maybe not by ko but most of the time its better to be knocked out then to take a beating for 10 or 12 rounds... i can agree with that statement for the most part...

Well the reason I say that is because we've seen multiple instances of fighter a beats fighter B who beat fighter C who beat fighter A.

I mean look at Jermaine Taylor got two wins against Bernard Hopkins (whether you think they are valid or not) but Taylor got beat by Pavlik who got beat by Hopkins.

Plus I believe there was another instance involving Shane and Vernon. Didn't Shane beat someone who had beaten Vernon, but Vernon won twice against Shane?

I know there are more examples, but that's what I meant. I just roll my eyes at people who assume that because a fighter beats another one, that that means he would have won against anyone that fighter fought and beat.

JD
Each camp talks out of both sides of their mouth constantly...it is embarrassing.

Even worse, I have never seen two more annoying groups of fanboys in my entire life. It's like they are competing to exceed each others level sycophancy.
mrwigi
im beginning to believe that the fight will never happen, mainly because of the drug testing issue. If the fight does happen, its a more one sided fight then wat we saw saturday night. it may take floyd a little longer to figure out the southpaw, but once he does... good night pacman.... there is no way manny stands 12 full rounds wit floyd...IMO

In reality, its another lose-lose situation for Floyd. Its not a question of IF he will beat Manny, but how. If he boxes and dances around like the floyd we saw of old, people will criticize him saying he fought a safe fight, and he was really scared of pac's power.

If he puts pressure on him and stops him, he would have been picking on the smaller man again. Either way, because of his fighting style, and his attitude b4 a fight, people are never really going to give him the credit he deserves. I dont think it has anything to do with his speed, or power, or even technical skill. Floyd has been doing this since he was born, and he's just too well schooled. If pac hits him with a punch and it hurts him a little bit, Floyd wont get hit with that punch again.

Too bad, pac wont take the test, and Floyd wont back down from his demands... Probably one of the greatest fights anyone will never see.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2010, 07:35 PM) *
Well the reason I say that is because we've seen multiple instances of fighter a beats fighter B who beat fighter C who beat fighter A.

I mean look at Jermaine Taylor got two wins against Bernard Hopkins (whether you think they are valid or not) but Taylor got beat by Pavlik who got beat by Hopkins.

Plus I believe there was another instance involving Shane and Vernon. Didn't Shane beat someone who had beaten Vernon, but Vernon won twice against Shane?

I know there are more examples, but that's what I meant. I just roll my eyes at people who assume that because a fighter beats another one, that that means he would have won against anyone that fighter fought and beat.

i agree byrd in your fighter abc theory... but this is one instance where floyd is more than capable of fighting in the same style as mosley if need be... this is just not a case where i can believe in that theory... of course its not an exact science...lol...
D-MARV
Thanks for the video CEO...

That video is on point.
The CEO
QUOTE (mrwigi @ May 6 2010, 08:45 PM) *
im beginning to believe that the fight will never happen, mainly because of the drug testing issue. If the fight does happen, its a more one sided fight then wat we saw saturday night. it may take floyd a little longer to figure out the southpaw, but once he does... good night pacman.... there is no way manny stands 12 full rounds wit floyd...IMO

In reality, its another lose-lose situation for Floyd. Its not a question of IF he will beat Manny, but how. If he boxes and dances around like the floyd we saw of old, people will criticize him saying he fought a safe fight, and he was really scared of pac's power.

If he puts pressure on him and stops him, he would have been picking on the smaller man again. Either way, because of his fighting style, and his attitude b4 a fight, people are never really going to give him the credit he deserves. I dont think it has anything to do with his speed, or power, or even technical skill. Floyd has been doing this since he was born, and he's just too well schooled. If pac hits him with a punch and it hurts him a little bit, Floyd wont get hit with that punch again.

Too bad, pac wont take the test, and Floyd wont back down from his demands... Probably one of the greatest fights anyone will never see.

You know...many people regard Manny as a power puncher now....what I wanna know is...where was all this power when he was at his lighter weights....when he was gettin' beat (Morales) and goin' life and death (Marquez) with guys a few years ago...he hit those guys with some full punches.

Nowadays, he's one punchin' tough guys (Hatton) OUT and stalkin' legit Welters (Cotto) until he finishes them...

Floyd, on the other hand, has always had some power...he was droppin' (Corrales), stoppin' (Manfredy), and hurtin' (Gatti) guys when he was smaller and can do the same to guys his same size now....

You can say Packy's gotten better and better as a boxer...because he has...but this newfound power and strength of his at higher weights stinks of foul play....no matter how shitty (Diaz) or dead (DLH) his comp was...
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2010, 06:24 PM) *

The irony, though, is that A LOT of people (you may have even been one of them) thought Mosley stood a GREAT chance of catching Floyd based off of his performance against Margarito. Instead of taking into consideration how Shane Mosley has looked and performed in a number of fights over the past 6 years, they saw that he stopped Margarito, the "most feared" welterweight out there, so they figured he would fight tooth and nail against Mayweather. LOL. So the logic you speak of goes both ways. Quite frankly, I tend to side with Mayweather Sr. simply because the STYLE that Margarito brings to the table is NOTHING that Floyd will have a problem with.
thehype
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 08:27 PM) *
You know...many people regard Manny as a power puncher now....what I wanna know is...where was all this power when he was at his lighter weights....when he was gettin' beat (Morales) and goin' life and death (Marquez) with guys a few years ago...he hit those guys with some full punches.

Nowadays, he's one punchin' tough guys (Hatton) OUT and stalks legit Welters (Cotto) until he finishes them...

Floyd, on the other hand, has always had some power...he was droppin' (Corrales), stoppin' (Manfredy), and hurtin' (Gatti) guys when he was smaller and can do the same to guys his same size now....

You can say Packy's gotten better and better as a boxer...because he has...but this newfound power and strength of his at higher weights stinks of foul play....no matter how shitty (Diaz) or dead (DLH) his comp was...

Watch it now CEO...you're making way too much sense when it comes to Manny Pacquiao. Logic is not allowed when you speak of THE Pacquiao.

laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ May 6 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Watch it now CEO...you're making way too much sense when it comes to Manny Pacquiao. Logic is not allowed when you speak of THE Pacquiao.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

After all the backlash from The Phut-Daon Pontoon, it takes a lot for me to type that in here...lol

but it MUST be said...

YOU know!
JonnyBlaze
Teddy Atlas is the man..He never BSs,like Merchant but Atlas has a greater knowledge of boxing than any commentator..
D-MARV
It does make you wonder.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Nowadays, he's one punchin' tough guys (Hatton) OUT and stalkin' legit Welters (Cotto) until he finishes them...

Not that it matters, but with all of the BS with Pac and his team about this steroid testing leads me to believe he was on something illegal for sure.

I am not defending Pac, but he was pretty vicious and showed good power in his first fight with Barrera at the lighter weights.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Did you miss him dropping and stopping Barerra and Morales? He dropped JMM 4 times in 2 fights. He left Lucero looking like a drunk after 1 punch. He ran over Ledwaba and Julio like a freight train over a volkswagen. The fact that he has reatained his power is more suspicious.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 08:27 PM) *

Lets break it down shall we?

Morales has a world class chin, has been in so many outrageous wars and how many times had he been put down his ENTIRE career? I think about twice. Why should Manny just be able to blast him out of there?

Marquez, Manny put down about 5 times in 2 fights, shows decent power to me at a light weight. However Marquez is a world class fighter who doesn't get stopped.

Manny also beat the shit out of Barerra in the first fight when Barerra was still considered close to his prime and something of an upset at the time.

You mention going 'life and death' with Marquez. Yeah? But what has that got to do with power? Stay on point with the argument. Like saying he ended up stalking Cotto at WW. Again what has that got to do with one power punching.

We are discussing Many's power right? Not his stamina, not his ability to take a punch but his power yeah?

As for Fatton? c'mon CEO you know better than that. If ANY fighter is gonna run round the ring with their hands down, face first, against a world class opponent they are gonna get dropped. I doubt there would be many fighters at 140 pounds that could've taken a shot that clean and got up. That was a mixture of Manny's power, improved technique and Fatton's own stupidity.

As for DLH and Cotto, Manny had to hit both those guys with pretty much the kitchen sink and he STILL couldn't knock them out. DLH quit on his stool and Cotto ended the fight on his feet so I'm struggling to see the awesome new found power you talk of.

You are right though Manny has improved his technique and fight strategy out of sight. I'd say this may have something to do with it. That and outside of Mayweather he prepares harder and better than anyone in the sport.

I'd deduce that Manny has got decent power, but the real danger is in his volume punching, something that has been a trademenark from his earliest days. Over the years with Roach his technique has improved about a gazillion percent, he's developed things like a right hand which he never had before and as a consequence has moved up and dominated higher levels of opposition.

His detractors will also state that his opponents are handpicked for their vulnerability, DLH weightdrained, Cotto shopworn, Clottey a set-up etc. Which if that is the case would make it even more likely that Pac should dominate them in the way that he has.

Put all the above factors together I see no mystery.
D-MARV
I can't see how anyone would NOT be suspicious. Not only has his power become more devastating, BUT his chin has apparently become stronger.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 6 2010, 09:41 PM) *
I can't see how anyone would NOT be suspicious. Not only has his power become more devastating, BUT his chin has apparently become stronger.

Oh c'mon on. Lets look at the line-up.

De la Hoya-weight drained had nothing to offer.

Diaz-mediocre champ.

Fatton-overrated porky brit already damaged by Mayweather.

Cotto-figthing at a weight drained 145. Mentally destroyed by Margarito and shell of his former self.

Clottey-according to CEO a set-up by Bob Arum.

Really what do you have to be suspicious about?
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 6 2010, 10:45 PM) *

Diaz-mediocre champ.

Cotto-figthing at a weight drained 145. Mentally destroyed by Margarito and shell of his former self.

That is all very true... But explain his behavior towards the drug testing?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 6 2010, 11:06 PM) *
That is all very true... But explain his behavior towards the drug testing?

He is happy to take whatever tests the Nevada comission mandate. It's not that hard to understand. I might add that that was not your original question/statement. Yoyr comment revolved around how Manny was beating up all these guys north of 140 pounds. I have outlined why he is beating up all these guys north of 140 pounds.

Your comment included nothing about Manny's attitude to drug testing.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 6 2010, 11:07 PM) *
He is happy to take whatever tests the Nevada comission mandate. It's not that hard to understand.

LMAO... O.K.

His reaction to the whole drug testing request is what convinced me that he was jucing. First it's "I'm afraid of needles" THEN it's "I don't want to be weak", NOW it's "He's the bigger man". LOL
gbh32001
What we have here is a legion of believer and non believer. Manny defied the odds since he was a little skinny street kid selling pandesal and run away
from his native province in search for his fortune. It is not accident he came this far, he was guided since, he was born to be a legend, and this is rare.
What we had, have witness here is only a part of his greatness whether he fight an old/washed up/weight drained or cherry picking an opponent is doesn't matter.
What matter is how he handle them in the ring, and its very rare for a boxing fan to witness such a boxer. Pacquaio along with Floyd are different from the rest of their
era, their stuff are stuffof legends that comes along once or every other generations.
Does anybody cheated death? as like as he cheated his greatness or legendary status?If he's on something he can't cheat his way on the top list of the greatest fighter of all time
let alone in this generation, soon he'll get busted. Margarito, Holyfield, Mosley and the rest who cheated their way up will never land in the history as a legend.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 6 2010, 11:40 PM) *
What we have here is a legion of believer and non believer. Manny defied the odds since he was a little skinny street kid selling pandesal and run away
from his native province in search for his fortune. It is not accident he came this far, he was guided since, he was born to be a legend, and this is rare.
What we had, have witness here is only a part of his greatness whether he fight an old/washed up/weight drained or cherry picking an opponent is doesn't matter.
What matter is how he handle them in the ring, and its very rare for a boxing fan to witness such a boxer. Pacquaio along with Floyd are different from the rest of their
era, their stuff are stuffof legends that comes along once or every other generations.
Does anybody cheated death? as like as he cheated his greatness or legendary status?If he's on something he can't cheat his way on the top list of the greatest fighter of all time
let alone in this generation, soon he'll get busted. Margarito, Holyfield, Mosley and the rest who cheated their way up will never land in the history as a legend.

Gbh, what happened to your post? It's a little hard to read.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 6 2010, 06:15 PM) *
i agree byrd in your fighter abc theory... but this is one instance where floyd is more than capable of fighting in the same style as mosley if need be... this is just not a case where i can believe in that theory... of course its not an exact science...lol...

I'm not saying Floyd can't beat Margo. I'm simply saying that trying to use that logic of I beat Shane who beat Margo so that means I'd beat Margo is flawed.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 6 2010, 06:27 PM) *

Well I didn't think Shane would win (although I hoped he would), and as I said before, it's not that I don't think Floyd would beat Margo, just that the logic of saying that since Shane beat Margo, that means Floyd would beat Margo simply because he beat Shane.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ May 6 2010, 11:06 PM) *
I'm not saying Floyd can't beat Margo. I'm simply saying that trying to use that logic of I beat Shane who beat Margo so that means I'd beat Margo is flawed.

But the funny thing is that I don't think that's he's necessarily off in saying that. I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that Antonio Margarito is a more basic fighter than Shane Mosley. Is he really going to bring anything more to the table than what Shane brought? Pacquiao, you could definitely argue, because at least he's a much more dynamic fighter (although he's still gonna get his ounce-for-ounce ass lit up by Floyd)...but what's Margarito going to bring to the dance against Floyd? Pffffff. EASY WORK! Easier than Shane. Floyd will sleep walk through Margarito's slow ass. LOL. Geesh. I don't even know why anyone would want to see that fight...just go throw in a tape of Mayweather vs. Baldomir, grab some popcorn and enjoy if you like watching that kind of stuff. LOL.

Margarito shouldn't even be fighting anymore...cheatin' ass bastard! I hope Garcia lights his ass up!!!!!

I think the real question is WHY DON'T YOU THINK FLOYD WOULD BEAT MARGARITO?

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 03:45 AM) *

Diaz-mediocre champ.

He is happy to take whatever tests the Nevada comission mandate. It's not that hard to understand. I might add that that was not your original question/statement. Yoyr comment revolved around how Manny was beating up all these guys north of 140 pounds. I have outlined why he is beating up all these guys north of 140 pounds.

Your comment included nothing about Manny's attitude to drug testing.

Ollie sounding like Freddie Roach up in here. You watched the video CEO posted didn't you? laugh.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ May 6 2010, 09:27 PM) *
But the funny thing is that I don't think that's he's necessarily off in saying that. I mean, I don't think anyone would argue that Antonio Margarito is a more basic fighter than Shane Mosley. Is he really going to bring anything more to the table than what Shane brought? Pacquiao, you could definitely argue, because at least he's a much more dynamic fighter (although he's still gonna get his ounce-for-ounce ass lit up by Floyd)...but what's Margarito going to bring to the dance against Floyd? Pffffff. EASY WORK! Easier than Shane. Floyd will sleep walk through Margarito's slow ass. LOL. Geesh. I don't even know why anyone would want to see that fight...just go throw in a tape of Mayweather vs. Baldomir, grab some popcorn and enjoy if you like watching that kind of stuff. LOL.

Margarito shouldn't even be fighting anymore...cheatin' ass bastard! I hope Garcia lights his ass up!!!!!

I think the real question is WHY DON'T YOU THINK FLOYD WOULD BEAT MARGARITO?

laugh.gif

Once again, you're not listening to what I'm saying...or reading what I'm typing. lol

This has nothing to do with any specific boxer. I'm saying that people who use the logic of "Fighter A" defeated "Fighter B". Before that "Fighter B had defeated Fighter C" So Fighter A comes out and says "well, it's obvious I would beat Fighter C, because I just whooped Fighter B who beat Fighter C"

That's flawed logic and it's been proven wrong several times in the last ten years or so.

has nothing to do with Floyd or Margo or Shane. Has EVERYTHING To do with my pointing out that it's just stupid to assume you can beat someone just because you beat a guy who beat him.

Just because you beat the man who beat the man, doesn't mean you could beat that other man.

And I've never said Margo would beat Floyd or that Margo would even come CLOSE to beating Floyd.

EDIT: here's a perfect example of this.

This would be like someone saying "Why should Kelly Pavlik fight Hopkins? Hopkins lost to Jermaine Taylor, twice, and Pavlik beat Jermaine twice? I mean it's obvious that Pavlik would beat Hopkins"

And we all know how that turned out.

That's not always going to work out like that, but I'm simply saying it's ludicrous to just assume that because you beat someone who beat a fighter, that you're a foregone conclusion to win that fight, based on you beating the guy who beat him.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 6 2010, 11:53 PM) *
Ollie sounding like Freddie Roach up in here. You watched the video CEO posted didn't you? laugh.gif

Nope I haven't watched it, I'm tired of those Walt Disney productions made by lobotomized Michael Moore wannabes that CEO seems to periodically find.

Go on say it Snoop, I haven't heard it in a while, you're 'suspicious as hell' that Pac turned down May's testing requests. LOL

I notice you haven't addressed my points about Pac's last few opponents.......
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 01:38 AM) *
Nope I haven't watched it, I'm tired of those Walt Disney productions made by lobotomized Michael Moore wannabes that CEO seems to periodically find.

Go on say it Snoop, I haven't heard it in a while, you're 'suspicious as hell' that Pac turned down May's testing requests. LOL

Let me ask you a question, how does Manny move up from 130 to 140 and 147 and becomes stronger than Hatton, the strongest guy at 140 and Cotto, one of the strongest guys at 147? Hatton and Cotto both moved up only 7 pounds and they knew they have lost a lot of strenght. Manny is doing the opposite. How does he push Clottey around like that, Margartio wasn't able to push him that much. Doesn't this raise some questions for you? It took Mayweahter 4 years to get WW strenght and Manny does not train harder than Mayweahter and yet he's able to improve on it in less thanan year.
RyanTical
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 6 2010, 10:45 PM) *
Let me ask you a question, how does Manny move up from 130 to 140 and 147 and becomes stronger than Hatton, the strongest guy at 140 and Cotto, one of the strongest guys at 147? Hatton and Cotto both moved up only 7 pounds and they knew they have lost a lot of strenght. Manny is doing the opposite. How does he push Clottey around like that, Margartio wasn't able to push him that much. Doesn't this raise some questions for you? It took Mayweahter 4 years to get WW strenght and Manny does not train harder than Mayweahter and yet he's able to improve on it in less thanan year.

It does make for some interesting conversation. I'm not going to say Pacquiao is taking anything, but I wouldn't be suprised if Freddie Roach is giving Pacquiao some of those Ariza Shakes every now and again, why else would they want a cut off date? It's very possible to cycle within 14 days and still harness the effects during training and up until the day of the fight and it be out of your system.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 12:45 AM) *

I don't know if he was stronger than Hatton since he iced him with 1 punch in less than 2 rounds.

If you listen to Manny's critic's Cotto was weight drained and also mentally fried from his loss to Margarito. He was there for the taking. CEO has also commented that Clottey was weight drained and apparently Arum had paid Josh to lose. When you have the odds stacked in your favour what else do you need?

Also take a look at Manny's 'fight night' weights. He has been weighing around 145 pounds on fight night for YEARS. Simply put he is no longer having cut weight before a fight, hence he has more strength and energy and closer to what his 'natural' weight is.

I love how you also totally ignore that Manny has become a lot more of a cleverer fighter and all round technically better boxer.
pesticid
QUOTE (RyanTical @ May 7 2010, 01:55 AM) *
It does make for some interesting conversation. I'm not going to say Pacquiao is taking anything, but I wouldn't be suprised if Freddie Roach is giving Pacquiao some of those Ariza Shakes every now and again, why else would they want a cut off date? It's very possible to cycle within 14 days and still harness the effects during training and up until the day of the fight and it be out of your system.

And what about his punch resistence. Against Barrera, Marquez and Morales Pac was afraid of the ropes as if they were on fire, against Cotto a notorious body puncher, he willingly goes to the ropes, takes all kinds of shots to the ribs, gets a broken ear drum and is singing afterwards. Is this shit insane or what. When you move up your punch resistence drops not improve as in the case of Pacman.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:00 AM) *
I don't know if he was stronger than Hatton since he iced him with 1 punch in less than 2 rounds.

If you listen to Manny's critic's Cotto was weight drained and also mentally fried from his loss to Margarito. He was there for the taking. CEO has also commented that Clottey was weight drained and apparently Arum had paid Josh to lose. When you have the odds stacked in your favour what else do you need?

Also take a look at Manny's 'fight night' weights. He has been weighing around 145 pounds on fight night for YEARS. Simply put he is no longer having cut weight before a fight, hence he has more strength and energy and closer to what his 'natural' weight is.

I love how you also totally ignore that Manny has become a lot more of a cleverer fighter and all round technically better boxer.

I am not CEO, I raise a question about Manny's strenght. Cotto used to blow up 20 pounds while at junior ww and was blowing up less when he was figthing at 147.

How does Manny get to be stronger than guys at 147 in less than a year?
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:00 AM) *

So let me get this straight then. Manny is stronger that the elite WW because when he fought at 126 and 130 he was technically 145, which is what he weighs now more or less against the welterweights? So Manny was stronger than the featherweight and junior lightweight because he was really a welterweight, but how do you explain that he has better punch resistence at WW than at 126 and 130? Just when I thought it couldn't get any stranger it did.
RyanTical
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 6 2010, 11:00 PM) *
And what about his punch resistence. Against Barrera, Marquez and Morales Pac was afraid of the ropes as if they were on fire, against Cotto a notorious body puncher, he willingly goes to the ropes, takes all kinds of shots to the ribs, gets a broken ear drum and is singing afterwards. Is this shit insane or what. When you move up your punch resistence drops not improve as in the case of Pacman.

It's just a case of perfect matchmaking. Pacquiao's 147 pound opponents were tailormade for him.

i.e. Zahir Raheem, whynot fight the guy who beat Morales instead? ...I forgot, too slick of a Boxer, might expose him, plus I'm sure the contracts were already signed.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 01:00 AM) *

Sometimes yes sometimes no. If Manny is now fighting at what is closer to his ntaural weight then I don't see that as being the case.

Look at Hopkins, he moved up from years at MW to fight at LHW and I've never seen him hurt at the higher weight. Manny took some shots to the body from Cotto no doubt but that was part of a strategy to counter Cotto effectively which he did. Whenever I've seen Manny hurt was when he takes shot to the head. Cotto didn't land many of those. In fact the only time I saw Manny put back on his heels in that fight was when Cotto landed a stiff jab (to the head) in the first round.

As for the busted eardrum and going out singing afterwards, am I to understand that you are insinuating that taking steroids helps you recover from busted eardrums quicker?

pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:13 AM) *
Sometimes yes sometimes no. If Manny is now fighting at what is closer to his ntaural weight then I don't see that as being the case.

Look at Hopkins, he moved up from years at MW to fight at LHW and I've never seen him hurt at the higher weight. Manny took some shots to the body from Cotto no doubt but that was part of a strategy to counter Cotto effectively which he did. Whenever I've seen Manny hurt was when he takes shot to the head. Cotto didn't land many of those. In fact the only time I saw Manny put back on his heels in that fight was when Cotto landed a stiff jab (to the head) in the first round.

As for the busted eardrum and going out singing afterwards, am I to understand that you are insinuating that taking steroids helps you recover from busted eardrums quicker?

When was Bhop hurt at 160? Now you're talking nonesense.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:13 AM) *
Manny took some shots to the body from Cotto no doubt but that was part of a strategy to counter Cotto effectively which he did. Whenever I've seen Manny hurt was when he takes shot to the head. Cotto didn't land many of those.

Wasn't he stopped by a body shot?
pesticid
QUOTE (RyanTical @ May 7 2010, 02:12 AM) *
It's just a case of perfect matchmaking. Pacquiao's 147 pound opponents were tailormade for him.

i.e. Zahir Raheem, whynot fight the guy who beat Morales instead? ...I forgot, too slick of a Boxer, might expose him, plus I'm sure the contracts were already signed.

Agreed. I am not hating on Manny, he's doing what he should be doing, however, the Media and the fans giving him a free pass like that is crazy. Baseball players are tested randomly and they hit baseballs not human heads. Oh yeah I know, Manny never tested positive for anything, well Barry Bonds didn't either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 01:14 AM) *
When was Bhop hurt at 160? Now you're talking nonesense.

Nope, and that's not what I said.

I said Bhop wasn't hurt at 175 either. My point, if you care to read a little more closely, is that by going up in weight (15 pounds no less) didn't effect his ability to take a punch.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:34 AM) *
Nope, and that's not what I said.

I said Bhop wasn't hurt at 175 either. My point, if you care to read a little more closely, is that by going up in weight (15 pounds no less) didn't effect his ability to take a punch.

Hopkins had two fights at 175, one against Zashe who slaps and came from 168 and he still slapped him well enough to have Bhop breathing hard and looking for breaks. The Tarver fight was great but Tarver really never hit him with anything so we can't know for sure if he would've gotten hit how he would've reacted. We found out against Joe C though.

Newsflash, Manny was hurt at lower weights.

You can't make an argument that moving up in weight improves your punch resistence. Oh I forgot you're a Pacman fan so you can obviously make such an argument.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 01:25 AM) *
Wasn't he stopped by a body shot?

Oh you mean that loss when he was like 10 years of age? Ha ha. Sorry I refuse to really give that any relevance.

It's like that video of David Tua being KO-ed by Felix Savon when he was 16 or so, that was posted on another thread. It's hard to take a loss like that into account, the fighters are just kids at that point. However I get the feeling that you're gonna cling to that like it's a vital piece of evidence laugh.gif
RyanTical
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 6 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Agreed. I am not hating on Manny, he's doing what he should be doing, however, the Media and the fans giving him a free pass like that is crazy. Baseball players are tested randomly and they hit baseballs not human heads. Oh yeah I know, Manny never tested positive for anything, well Barry Bonds didn't either.

The media will always give the good, humble, humanitarian individual a good rap because they are easy on the eyes and likeable. Mayweather isn't likeable by the casual or hardcore Boxing public. So people will cling onto those they like and defend them and their accomplishments.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Hopkins had two fights at 175, one against Zashe who slaps and came from 168 and he still slapped him well enough to have Bhop breathing hard and looking for breaks. The Tarver fight was great but Tarver really never hit him with anything so we can't know for sure if he would've gotten hit how he would've reacted. We found out against Joe C though. You can't make an argument that moving up in weight improves your punch resistence improves. Oh I forgot you're a Pacman fan so you can obviously make such an argument.

Are you fucking serious?

Have you ever heard of a guy called Sugar Ray Robinson? Ok I'll give you something a little bit easier. Floyd Mayweather Junior. His punch resistence looks just as good at 154 as it did at 130. Good enough for you?

Another example, I watched DLH hit the deck a couple of times early in his career but he stood up to guys like Trinidad, Vargas and Mosley at higher weights. Pftt.
pesticid
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Oh you mean that loss when he was like 10 years of age? Ha ha. Sorry I refuse to really give that any relevance.

It's like that video of David Tua being KO-ed by Felix Savon when he was 16 or so, that was posted on another thread. It's hard to take a loss like that into account, the fighters are just kids at that point. However I get the feeling that you're gonna cling to that like it's a vital piece of evidence laugh.gif

I meant when he was 21 years old.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 7 2010, 05:38 AM) *

Actually 95% of that video is Freddie Roach discrediting his own fighter. I dunno if he was aware of what he was saying, but he basically said they picked all the fighters because they had some kind of weakness to exploit. Pretty much what you were saying and I'm NOT disputing any of that.

Man Ollie, sometimes I'm just confused on who's side your on. I've never been super strong armed on the whole "steroids" allegations because it's all speculation and I don't like standing on a weak leg, but I've ALWAYS disputed Pacquiao's "greatness" for all the same reasons you've pointed out.

I'm just sayin', sounds strange for a Brig boy to be bringing these things up; sounds more like we're on the same team. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.