Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BORGES: C'mon Manny, Accept The Testing Protocol, And Fight Floyd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
pesticid
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-arti...ol-fight-floyd/

Thank God one of the better known writers actually wrote down what most boxing fans that are not Pacquiao fans think about the situation. Steve Kim, Dougie Fisher, Hauser, Michael Woods, David Avila, Kevin Iole and Dan Rafael to an extent, and Martin Rogers have all failed the boxing public in terms of covering and cleaning up after Pacman's mess. Either they are in love with "Pacauiao's good image/persona", which is all smoke screens anyway or they are on the payroll of Bob Arum. So it's really crazy to me that throughout all this time only Ron Borges came out and said what it is. His respected colleagues take the convenient way out, "oh I think they are both at fault and what not ... just want to see the fight happen." I respect these guys, but they really dropped the ball on this one and can influence novice fans the wrong way about who is ducking whom.

PS: Larry Merchant is my favourite broadcaster, but he has been disgusting as of late, he would be ok if barry Bonds enters the ring all roided up with a baseball bat and beats the crap out of Floyd and if Floyd wins by a decision, he didn't take enough risks lol. Larry who is all for the sport of boxing is ok with steroids as long as Pacquiao (his man crush) defeats Mayweather, whom he's grown to hate even more than Dougie Fischer.
enigma1969
QUOTE (pesticid @ May 7 2010, 05:49 PM) *
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-arti...ol-fight-floyd/

Thank God one of the better known writers actually wrote down what most boxing fans that are not Pacquiao fans think about the situation. Steve Kim, Dougie Fisher, Hauser, Michael Woods, David Avila, Kevin Iole and Dan Rafael to an extent, and Martin Rogers have all failed the boxing public in terms of covering and cleaning up after Pacman's mess. Either they are in love with "Pacauiao's good image/persona", which is all smoke screens anyway or they are on the payroll of Bob Arum. So it's really crazy to me that throughout all this time only Ron Borges came out and said what it is. His respected colleagues take the convenient way out, "oh I think they are both at fault and what not ... just want to see the fight happen." I respect these guys, but they really dropped the ball on this one and can influence novice fans the wrong way about who is ducking whom.

PS: Larry Merchant is my favourite broadcaster, but he has been disgusting as of late, he would be ok if barry Bonds enters the ring all roided up with a baseball bat and beats the crap out of Floyd and if Floyd wins by a decision, he didn't take enough risks lol. Larry who is all for the sport of boxing is ok with steroids as long as Pacquiao (his man crush) defeats Mayweather, whom he's grown to hate even more than Dougie Fischer.

I use to like Ron Borges but he goes back and forth. Writers are not haters! Except maybe Merchant and that can be only viewed that way because he likes fights to go a certain way. Larry grew up watching the greats. Merchant wants every fight to be hagler vs hearns, gatti vs ward 1, morales vs barrera.

Doug Fisher is a excellent writer. Fisher just speaks the facts period! yes he has his own opinion but I don't see any kind of hate in his writing. he's objective and on point.

I have nothing against the testing. But ask yourself this. Why now?! Mayweather has been in the sport for how many years and now suddening he wants fighters to take tests?

How many fighters have taken PEDs/Roids and won that we know of?

One that I know of. Roy Jones Jr! And where was the outrage?!

Was there anyone upset when Roy Jones tested positive years ago after his fight against Richard Hall.

And than there is the otherside -

James Toney took them and he proved nothing. Unless roids just make you fatter and sap your desire to train.

Vargas tested positive and got whipped by a singer. Hell if anyone should be screaming about test than it should have been DLH - he fought two guys who used them. KO'd one and in the eyes of many people he beat the other.

If anyone believes that PBF was doing this for the good of the sport - He did this as a ploy at the table and nothing more. Like I said, he never ask hatton to take the test. Did he ask DLH? Even when he wanted to fight Shane after the second Vargas fight there was no mention of any kind of tests then and there was major rumors that Mosley had taken PEDs for the 2nd DLH fight? This crap started when he father started talking about soldiers taking them during the war? What war? I have no idea and neither does Sr.

And what does a writer have to gain by hating a certain fighter?! Nothing.

And before people think I am taking sides.

I wrote an column for fighthype - and I said that "I am not saying that Pac is taking steriods but how many times have we heard someone say that they have never taken PEDs and years later we find out different."

I got death threats from a mass of 'net nuts on the feedback forum.

Fighters have a LOT of pride ( EGO) and when a fighter is a superstar/elite fighter he is not going to allow another fighter tell him what to do. Mosley walked away from 10 million because he wanted more money than DLH ... same thing with Trinidad. They figure "I beat you the first time and you think you should get more money?! Screw you." How long did it take for Jones and Hopkins to square off? Why did it take so long? EGO!

Manny doesn't need Floyd and Floyd doesn't need Mayweather.

The fans should be given this fight and they should make it. BUT ask yourself this would you allow another person to dictate want you should do in your chosen profession?! NO WAY!
thehype
QUOTE (enigma1969 @ May 7 2010, 03:43 PM) *
I use to like Ron Borges but he goes back and forth. Writers are not haters! Except maybe Merchant and that can be only viewed that way because he likes fights to go a certain way. Larry grew up watching the greats. Merchant wants every fight to be hagler vs hearns, gatti vs ward 1, morales vs barrera.

Doug Fisher is a excellent writer. Fisher just speaks the facts period! yes he has his own opinion but I don't see any kind of hate in his writing. he's objective and on point.

I have nothing against the testing. But ask yourself this. Why now?! Mayweather has been in the sport for how many years and now suddening he wants fighters to take tests?

How many fighters have taken PEDs/Roids and won that we know of?

One that I know of. Roy Jones Jr! And where was the outrage?!

Was there anyone upset when Roy Jones tested positive years ago after his fight against Richard Hall.

And than there is the otherside -

James Toney took them and he proved nothing. Unless roids just make you fatter and sap your desire to train.

Vargas tested positive and got whipped by a singer. Hell if anyone should be screaming about test than it should have been DLH - he fought two guys who used them. KO'd one and in the eyes of many people he beat the other.

If anyone believes that PBF was doing this for the good of the sport - He did this as a ploy at the table and nothing more. Like I said, he never ask hatton to take the test. Did he ask DLH? Even when he wanted to fight Shane after the second Vargas fight there was no mention of any kind of tests then and there was major rumors that Mosley had taken PEDs for the 2nd DLH fight? This crap started when he father started talking about soldiers taking them during the war? What war? I have no idea and neither does Sr.

And what does a writer have to gain by hating a certain fighter?! Nothing.

And before people think I am taking sides.

I wrote an column for fighthype - and I said that "I am not saying that Pac is taking steriods but how many times have we heard someone say that they have never taken PEDs and years later we find out different."

I got death threats from a mass of 'net nuts on the feedback forum.

Fighters have a LOT of pride ( EGO) and when a fighter is a superstar/elite fighter he is not going to allow another fighter tell him what to do. Mosley walked away from 10 million because he wanted more money than DLH ... same thing with Trinidad. They figure "I beat you the first time and you think you should get more money?! Screw you." How long did it take for Jones and Hopkins to square off? Why did it take so long? EGO!

Manny doesn't need Floyd and Floyd doesn't need Mayweather.

The fans should be given this fight and they should make it. BUT ask yourself this would you allow another person to dictate want you should do in your chosen profession?! NO WAY!

Why now?

I think you just answered your own question. Look at all the high-profile fighters you just named who HAVE been caught using PEDs. I think the better question to ask is WHY NOT NOW?

Regardless of the reasons why they may think Manny PEDuiao is using something, the fact remains that they have that belief, and because they do, they certainly have the right to request extra testing. This isn't unprecedented. Vernon Forrest thought Mayorga was on something...Mike Tyson thought Holyfield was on something....Riddick Bowe thought Golota was on something....the list goes on. This is just the first time that the issue has actually been brought up when there's an organization that can actually do something about testing. There was no such thing as USADA back in 1995...that was formed in 2000, and since, there's been widespread abuse of PEDs in ALL major sports. I mean, in 1995, you didn't have juiced up baseball players cracking 70 homeruns in a year. A lot has changed since then and I think THAT'S why people are quick to make accusations about athletes when they see amazing feats happening before their eyes. 15 years ago, nobody would have ever questioned whether or not a golfer was using PEDs...but they sure do have their concerns now.

LOL

Did Mayweather bring this up for the good of the sport? Of course not...he brought it up for the good of Mayweather simply because they believe PEDuiao is cheating. However, the fact that it was brought up and has caused so much discussion IS actually good for the sport. I don't think Muhammad Ali refused to go to war because he was making a stand for all the conscientious objector out there....I think he refused to go to war simply because his ass didn't want to get shot and killed for something he didn't believe in....simple as that. Sure, it turned into something much bigger, but when he was sitting at home and found out he was drafted, he didn't decide that he was going to make a stance for the people.

LOL

And oh, for the record, if memory serves me correctly, Dougie and K-9 Kim have long been "haters" of Floyd Mayweather. Well, maybe calling them "haters" is a little strong, because they're both smart guys when it comes to boxing and they do recognize the skills, but they definitely do have STRONG opinions about Floyd that aren't quite a favorable as others...but that's a different story.
Mean Mister Mustard
Maybe Ron Borges could entice his fellow writers to scold Pacquiao by physically attacking them.
gbh32001
Floyd Mayweather Sr start all these scumbag....He scared Floyd Jr to fight a southpaw that's why they duck Pacquiao at all cost.
What even playing field they are talking here? Floyd has all the tools to beat Manny's ass..Height,reach,weight,skills, almost everything is an uphill for Manny, what he got is only the heart of a champion and ofcourse a roid that never proven. laugh.gif
enigma1969
QUOTE (thehype @ May 7 2010, 09:04 PM) *
Why now?

I think you just answered your own question. Look at all the high-profile fighters you just named who HAVE been caught using PEDs. I think the better question to ask is WHY NOT NOW?

Regardless of the reasons why they may think Manny PEDuiao is using something, the fact remains that they have that belief, and because they do, they certainly have the right to request extra testing. This isn't unprecedented. Vernon Forrest thought Mayorga was on something...Mike Tyson thought Holyfield was on something....Riddick Bowe thought Golota was on something....the list goes on. This is just the first time that the issue has actually been brought up when there's an organization that can actually do something about testing. There was no such thing as USADA back in 1995...that was formed in 2000, and since, there's been widespread abuse of PEDs in ALL major sports. I mean, in 1995, you didn't have juiced up baseball players cracking 70 homeruns in a year. A lot has changed since then and I think THAT'S why people are quick to make accusations about athletes when they see amazing feats happening before their eyes. 15 years ago, nobody would have ever questioned whether or not a golfer was using PEDs...but they sure do have their concerns now.

LOL

Did Mayweather bring this up for the good of the sport? Of course not...he brought it up for the good of Mayweather simply because they believe PEDuiao is cheating. However, the fact that it was brought up and has caused so much discussion IS actually good for the sport. I don't think Muhammad Ali refused to go to war because he was making a stand for all the conscientious objector out there....I think he refused to go to war simply because his ass didn't want to get shot and killed for something he didn't believe in....simple as that. Sure, it turned into something much bigger, but when he was sitting at home and found out he was drafted, he didn't decide that he was going to make a stance for the people.

LOL

And oh, for the record, if memory serves me correctly, Dougie and K-9 Kim have long been "haters" of Floyd Mayweather. Well, maybe calling them "haters" is a little strong, because they're both smart guys when it comes to boxing and they do recognize the skills, but they definitely do have STRONG opinions about Floyd that aren't quite a favorable as others...but that's a different story.

LOL!

Good Counter Post!

LOL!

That bit about Alis is classic.

You nail my nail.

LOL!
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 7 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Maybe Ron Borges could entice his fellow writers to scold Pacquiao by physically attacking them.

QUOTE (gbh32001 @ May 7 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Floyd Mayweather Sr start all these scumbag....He scared Floyd Jr to fight a southpaw that's why they duck Pacquiao at all cost.
What even playing field they are talking here? Floyd has all the tools to beat Manny's ass..Height,reach,weight,skills, almost everything is an uphill for Manny, what he got is only the heart of a champion and ofcourse a roid that never proven. laugh.gif

Pacquiao's not against the blood tests...this is what everybody should know first... He is against Floyd Jr dictating the rules of the tests....Do you really believe you can hide your PED use if you are tested 5 minutes after the fight?...and of course the urine test will surely show all these PED substances in your body after the fight...

Crystal clear to me, Floyd is trying to get inside Pacquiao's head...but this Pacquiao is too smart himself to be bullied around.
Pacquiao's latest pronouncement however is to abide by whatever the "Commission rules" regardless whether it has blood test or not...

No offense to all Mayweather fans...but I think Floyd Jr is scared of Pacquiao..?..
Hops
Sugar Ray Leonard was asked the same question: WOULD YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON THAT $40M BY DEMANDING A DRUG TEST? Well, Sugar Ray simply smiled and say, "I'd personally hand the PED to Pacquiao. Why? Because it wouldn't matter.".

Now, I'm 100% sure that Floyd is AFRAID that Pacquiao might be using something.
Snoop
QUOTE (Hops @ May 10 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Sugar Ray Leonard was asked the same question: WOULD YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON THAT $40M BY DEMANDING A DRUG TEST? Well, Sugar Ray simply smiled and say, "I'd personally hand the PED to Pacquiao. Why? Because it wouldn't matter.".

So you're 100% sure of that because of Leonard's answer to a hypothetical situation that he will never be in? Doesn't take much to convince you does it?
pesticid
QUOTE (Hops @ May 10 2010, 01:29 AM) *

I think Leonard was influence by the interviewer and the question obviously. Steve Kim obviously has a bias there, why not ask instead, "would you turn your back on that $40M by taking the drug tests?". A demand in most cases must be met by either yes or no, so this is the question that Steve should've asked instead he asked the pactard question.

I have a question for Leonard, would you trust the commission with checking Margarito's hand wraps for 40M?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.