Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kermit Cintron
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Here is what we know about him. He is fragile, was reduced to tears. Got stopped by Martinez, bitched about it and basically did what a woman does. Complain until you get your way which are very feminine qualities, hurt himself celebrating, and did a gay striptease dance in the corner.
Based on that, I would say he faked it.

Also lets take a trip down memory lane, some other older members may remember this, but here it is a few years ago. Someone giving an insight to what type of person he is who knew first hand.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...&hl=Cintron

It was a good read, but long.

When I met Kermit he 19 years old and only into his second week of boxing. He was off in the corner doing padwork with Marshall. You woulsn't even have noticed him if it were not for the loud cracking sound he made when he punched the mitts. It sound like gunshots. It was instantly apparent to me that this kid was something special. Everything he did looked perfect and natural. All punches were thrown with leverage, and power. I initially assumed that this was some young pro that Marshall was training. I was shocked when I found out that this was only his second week in the gym. I told Marshall that this kid was going to be his first world champion. Kermits amateur career took off, but the kink in the armor soon became apparent. Kermit met his first girlfriend. He prepared half assed for his first trip to a national tournamnent, the PAL Nationals. His whole life revolved around being with this girl or talking to her on the phone. His focus was on her even when I the gym. Poor training and no dedication. Marshall took Kermit to the PAL nationals and footed the bill for the trip for Kermit as well. Needless to say he lost early. Upon returning he left the gym without so much as a thank you to Marshall and moved to Lancaster PA. to be with the new girlfriend and started training at a new gym.

After some more amateur fights he turned pro. I attended his first two pro fights both of which he won in devestating fashion. I pressed Marshall constantly about getting Kermit back. An idea whcih Marshall was initially opposed to because of the lack of appreciation Kermit had showed him before. After some time passed Marshall gave in and I approached Kermit and made him an offer, and thats how it all began. ver the course of the next few years Kermit moved in to my home with my fiance and I. He lived with us for 2.5 years completely expense free. No rent, not utility bills, and no food bills. I even bought him clothes. He didn't have to work either. His only responsibilities were to train and rest. When he didn't have a car he drove my 70K Mercedes Benz E55, or he drove my fiances car. In our 5 years together as a team he never once paid for a meal. NEVER. Even though I was contracted to receive 20% of his purse I never took a dime until he signed with Main Events and began making TV money. I just couldn't justify taking money from him when he was only making a couple hundred or a couple thousand a fight. I always said that if he does what he is capable of there will be enough money for us all down the road. I also paid for several of his fights out of my own pocket, paying both his purse and his opponents purse. I also paid him $100.00 for evertime he won by KO. I gave him spending money when he was broke so he could do things on his own or take a girl to the movies. I allowed his brother to stay with us for a year also rent free.

I drove him back and forth to NY for his hand surgeries at which I waited in my car for 4 hours while he got the operation and another four hours while he recovered. Paid for hotel rooms afterwards so he wouldn't have to sit in a car for a 3 hour drive right after being operated on. He had family that visited and stayed sometime 2 weeks at a time. That is only a small look into some of what I did to help Kermit pursue his dream. What did I get in return? Well, his family stole from me when they visited. Cash, and several thousand dollars worth of gold and platinum jewelry. His brother rode my motorcycle while I was on vacation even though I specifically told him not to. Not only did he ride it but he crashed it. I couldn't file a claim with my insurance company because to do so meant I would have had to file charges against his brother. Kermit offered to pay the damages but never did.

As kermit became more successful and more well known his attitude and charater as aperson detirorated dramtically. He complained about anything and everything. Always concerned with some new girlfriend rather than focussing on his fights. He treated myself and Marshall poorly. And in the end, he fired me. What it all came down to was money and his new girlfriend. Hwne I met kermit he was making 7.50 an hour laying carpet. 5 years later he is fighting or pay per view for a world title and several hundred thousand dollars a fight. And was one of the most well known up and comers in boxing.

I studied the Muhammad Ali act and found that Main Events had violated the act by not providing financial disclosure for Kermits bouts. Marshall and I used this info as leverage to force Main Events to give Kermit another resigning bonus and negotiate a new mutli-million dollar contract. All he had to do is win against Margarito.

Now I know some of you may not think he could have ever done that. But let me tell you this. At 100% Kermit is unbeatable at 147-154. He has never shown his best in a fight. The most he has ever shown was 65% maybe 70%. I know thats hard to swallow after the last fight, but rest assured I am no fan of Kermit Cintron but I know Kermit better than you all, and as much as I despise him and would love to trash his ability I can't because he has all the ability in the world.

Would you like to know what really beat Kermit? It wasn't Antonio Margarito; it was greed, money, and pussy! He was beat before the fight started. Showing up late for training on a daily basis. Being humiliated by sparring partners in both train exercises and in the sparring itself. He had his girlfriend hanging around in the gym. He wanted todo what he wanted to do when he felt like doing it. So now I have to sue kermit to force him to make good on his contractual obligations to me which I have until March of 2008.

What I did with Kermit was one of the greatest accomplishments in my life. Boxing and the boxing world is very important to me and I want people to know that its not always the managers and promoters that are the slime in this business. The fighters themselves are just as dirty.

Personally I think they should write a how to book on what Marshall and I accomplished with Kermit in 5 years. I would love to work with a fighter that really wants it. I helped make kermit a physical monster, and helped make him someone you all talked about. Whether is was good or bad, most of you were talking. So anyway guys, thanks for listening.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...t=0&start=0
http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=225225

QUOTE (conditioner101 @ Apr 20 2006, 03:59 AM) *
I can tell you this much... Marshall and I had dinner with Manny in AC at the Rachman/Toney fight. He comended us on what a great job we did training Kermit and how there was very little he felt he could actually teach him which was great to hear. The very next thing he said was "whats up with this kid and girls?" He went on to tell us how Kermit had made himself the laughing stock of the Kronk gym because he was constantly on the phone checking in with his woman. The other fighters were coming up to Manny asking him "whats wrong with this kid?" Kermit also wanted to bring his wife and his wifes kid out to camp! Anything else you want to know feel free to ask.

Here is a compilation video.

Who is here with me, and says fuck Cintron?

thehype, feel free to add your favourite Cintron photo. You know the one laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ May 10 2010, 07:06 PM) *
LMFAO I can't believe I forgot about that, pretty fucking funny how a boxer can fuck himself up during a celebration (which never hit the media for good reason). It was definitely confusing seeing Cintron after a grueling fight on his knees celebrating by yelling, then to see him all of a sudden rolling on the floor scream from pain holding his leg/back? Wrong or funny..Stewart did not look happy as he never aided his fighter as he just watched & eventually turned the other way. Stewart had this whole "..E..EY Cintron...get the fuck up man....NOW!..." vibe to him LOL!

Hahahaha.
pesticid
Who was Kermit's manager? That was funny to read.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Surely there must be some kind of clause in the contract that says that a fighter's purse shall be withheld if he is caught hopping out of the ring.

More like Kermit the frog rolleyes_anim.gif

I vote puto!!
KookedKrack
He most likely pees sitting down.
BGv2.0
I really don't get all the hate for Cintron.

I mean with a couple of the issues people bring up....let's not forget it's very possible the guy was beat down with concreate those two times with Margarito.....

and as for this one.....anybody that is a Paul Williams fan and REALLY takes that as a earned victory is full of shit!

I had Cintron ahead and I think he was going to light him up with that right more thabn a few times as the fight would have went on.

I don't think the guy "dove" or "Jumped" out of the ring....it was an issue of balence from getting tangled up....

Those two need to fight again simply to set things right.....that fight was JUST getting started.
jlupi
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 10 2010, 12:20 PM) *

I mean with a couple of the issues people bring up....let's not forget it's very possible the guy was beat down with concreate those two times with Margarito.....

and as for this one.....anybody that is a Paul Williams fan and REALLY takes that as a earned victory is full of shit!

I had Cintron ahead and I think he was going to light him up with that right more thabn a few times as the fight would have went on.

I don't think the guy "dove" or "Jumped" out of the ring....it was an issue of balence from getting tangled up....

Those two need to fight again simply to set things right.....that fight was JUST getting started.

I dont know, to me it looked like he leaped. I really cant answer why and doubt it was to get out of the fight at that point.

http://i40.tinypic.com/14mup3b.jpg
Snoop
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ May 10 2010, 04:20 PM) *

People hate this guy because he cries during EVERY fight and then acts like a childish cunt when things don't go his way. But then he does all this stuff that makes a complete fool out of himself. I dunno if I hate him or love laughing at his blunders.
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 10 2010, 05:30 AM) *
thehype, feel free to add your favourite Cintron photo. You know the one laugh.gif

You got it...

flazi
wow so much hate for this guy. Remember folks, this guy lost both of his parents at a young age, had to leave his home country to come to the usa and learn a new language. For him to even be able to compete let alone at the elite level where he is, is in itself a great accomplishment. He was winning the fight before he went airborne and hit his head. it seemed that he wouldn't fall off the table but then someone moved and off he went. let me see some of you guys that critize him go out the ring like he did and get right back up and fight. talk about him crying all you want, and fyi i am no fan of his, but for him to never duck anyone, take the margarito fight get destroyed then go for seconds says a lot about his character.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (flazi @ May 10 2010, 03:15 PM) *
wow so much hate for this guy. Remember folks, this guy lost both of his parents at a young age, had to leave his home country to come to the usa and learn a new language. For him to even be able to compete let alone at the elite level where he is, is in itself a great accomplishment. He was winning the fight before he went airborne and hit his head. it seemed that he wouldn't fall off the table but then someone moved and off he went. let me see some of you guys that critize him go out the ring like he did and get right back up and fight. talk about him crying all you want, and fyi i am no fan of his, but for him to never duck anyone, take the margarito fight get destroyed then go for seconds says a lot about his character.

shok.gif

Holy shit Cintron post here??

It has to be him because we all know he has no fans.
flazi
lol did you not read the part where i said i wasn't a fan. just sympathetic to his upbringing. you got to give credit where credit is due. he beat a supposed killer in angulo pretty easy. he does something that no one here on the board that talks shit about him does, he boxes profesionaly. the fact that he gets in the ring should be enough alone for us to respect him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
There is a lot of hate for the guy, but sometimes it does seem to be justified. Wasn't he involved with some 16 year old girl not that long ago? Of course, there are always two sides to a story. His trainers and people may come on here and spout some shit off, but who knows what the accuracy of it is. I'm sure Kermit would never want to get into something like that, but there are two sides of a story.

I respect Cintron as a boxer. Anybody that gets betwee those ropes has balls, and he's actually improved quite a bit in the last few years. He looked the best he's ever looked on Sat. night, and he looked damn good against Angulo as well. I think you'll be seeing Kermit Cintron around for awhile, and he's going to win some big fights. I thought Cintron won the first three rounds Sat. night, and there's no way he jumped out of the ring on purpose. Meth already dissected that one to death so I'll leave it. I'm not a fan of Cintron, but respect what he's done in the ring. I don't know him personally, and will reserve judgement until all sides of that story comes out.
D-MARV
I understand what Flazi is saying... CIntron ctaches a lot of shit on these boards and sometimes he can be a bit underrated. He does have decent boxing skills and good power but his HUGE VAGINA hides it all. He's still a bitch!
Mean Mister Mustard
It does appear like he leapt out of the ring but it's hard to tell.
Method
That was Travis Kaufman w the 16 year old girl.

Matty Goldstein has the inside track on those two cats. I wonder what his opinion is on the Cintron shit.

Theres a real interesting thread over on EastSideBoxing (if you can believe that), where Cintron's former physical trainer is in there talking bout how big a puss/scumbag Cintron is and he's CONVINCED he took a "dive".
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Method @ May 10 2010, 06:02 PM) *
That was Travis Kaufman w the 16 year old girl.

Matty Goldstein has the inside track on those two cats. I wonder what his opinion is on the Cintron shit.

Theres a real interesting thread over on EastSideBoxing (if you can believe that), where Cintron's former physical trainer is in there talking bout how big a puss/scumbag Cintron is and he's CONVINCED he took a "dive".

Actually the girl was only 12 years old at the time! shok.gif
Method
Snap. Move over L-T. We got ourselves another Jerry Lee Lewis. Great Balls of Fire!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I swear I remember reading on the boards back in the day about Cintron getting some 16 year old pregnant. I remember about Kauffman and the 12 year old, and that was when he was like somewhere between 16-19. Maybe I'm off based, but I swear I remember reading about it though, and how his camp covered that shit up.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ May 11 2010, 08:02 AM) *

Is that the same one that I posted a link about? Wasn't conditioner1 a physical trainer or something? Can anyone confirm?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 10 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Is that the same one that I posted a link about? Wasn't conditioner1 a physical trainer or something? Can anyone confirm?

Yes. His name is Joe Pastore. He was his strength/conditioner coach. He is a huge musclebound dude with a shaved head and tatoo's. I know he does not post here anymore, but I wonder if him and Marshall Kauffman still work together?
Method
I would think they do, although from reading through that thread, it seems Joe started some other venture that takes up all his time and its outside of boxing. I've spoken to him on the phone a few times, a real cool dude.
Method
Maybe it was Killer Kerm w the 16 year old. He does have an illegitimate, with another girl, so maybe.
D-MARV
Please Skip to 7:30...

The CEO
Soft like Cream Whip.
JonnyBlaze
He definitely does act like a bitch..

I think his skills have gotten better over time(another thought on him)..
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 11 2010, 12:04 PM) *

Haha.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 10 2010, 09:04 PM) *

Weird shit
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 10 2010, 10:04 PM) *

Well considering he has had bad hands and numerous surgeries, I am sure his hand was really hurting after hitting Jesse with a shit load of punches in the head. Sure Kermit does not need to flop around like he did, but we did not feel what he felt in his hand.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 10 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Well considering he has had bad hands and numerous surgeries, I am sure his hand was really hurting after hitting Jesse with a shit load of punches in the head. Sure Kermit does not need to flop around like he did, but we did not feel what he felt in his hand.

I thought his nuts hurt him..hahahahaha..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 11 2010, 01:13 AM) *
I thought his nuts hurt him..hahahahaha..

LMAO!!!

Now that's funny!

Considering most on this board thinks he has a vagina... he does not have nuts to hurt to begin with. laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 11 2010, 12:41 AM) *

Whatever, he's a Drama Queen.
kdh
"I did say I wanted the fight stopped because the fighter twice said he could not continue," Dr. Paul Wallace told The LA Times on Monday. "He was asked, 'Can you continue?' and he said 'no.' "Twice. If he had mentioned to me something like, 'Give me a moment ... ,' I understand; these are warriors. Any hint that he still wanted to participate we would've given that to him. We would have got him up and given him a second evaluation."

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-arti...y-faked-injury/
(note the Early Monday Update)
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 11 2010, 02:04 AM) *

LMFAO.

While it could be possible that he didn't feel the pain from that final punch sequence til after, it's just funny ass hell the way it played out. This would happen to someone like Cintron.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 11 2010, 09:39 AM) *
Whatever, he's a Drama Queen.

LOL. Says the PW super fan.

Look, I know Cintron is a drama queen, I have been very critical of him for years. But I was just stating I am sure his hands were in bad pain cause I know he has had bad hands and sugeries on his right hand. Sure he goes overboard with his emotions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.