Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Mayweather the next Roy Jones?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BrutalBodyShots
Hello everyone. It's been a LONG time since I've posted here so a big what's up to all my old posting buddies. I hope you all are well.

So I've been mulling over the list of potential future Mayweather opponents, and like many of you I don't see anyone in or around 147 beating him. Sure some would give him better fights than others, meaning actually winning a few rounds but bottom line is that the guy is too fast, too accurate, too conditioned, too smart and overall just too complete.

While stylistically I'm not suggesting that a prime Mayweather and a prime Roy Jones are completely comparable, the manner in which they overwhelmed their opponents was quite similar. Their superior speed and reflexes, accurate punching and ability to avoid being hit cleanly is what allowed them to build dominant undefeated records (not counting the Griffin DQ) and egos that genuinely believed that they simply could not lose. The way a prime Jones was able to bump up and beat Ruiz with those natural attributes Mayweather could easily do the same to a carefully picked Light Heavyweight similar to Ruiz (not a Dawson) and come away with a dominant victory.

Jones at Mayweather's current age of 33 had just finished raping Glen Kelly and Clinton Woods. Yes there are lesser caliber guys than those Mayweather has faced recently, I am aware. Fast forward 2 years and Jones had his toughest fight to date against Tarver, squeaking out the close decision win. In that fight while Jones was still faster than 99% of guys out there his attributes seemed slightly diminished. Certainly his ability to avoid being hit, something his prime form was exceptional at had eroded greatly. Half a year later he gets KTFO with a single shot that IMO wouldn't have touched him 2-3 years prior. We all know it has been downhill ever since.

Do you guys see the same thing happening to Mayweather? Certainly as he moves into his mid 30's he's going to face the same problem Jones did. The dominance gap in the speed/reflexes department that he possesses will only begin to close meaning he will get hit more and be able to dominate less. He could get iced with a single shot the way Jones did, or he could just end up putting up less dominant performances until someone is finally able to win more rounds than him. I think the Mayweather we saw in round 2 against Shane is something we'd see more often when Mayweather is 35-36.

I guess the big question is when Mayweather will retire. My gut tells me he'll be much smarter about it than Jones was. No way do we see a 40-41 year old Mayweather still fighting IMO. Since Mayweather has already "retired" once and has made references to doing so I'd say he has one up on Jones when it comes to being smart about his career.

I don't think Mayweather will lose until after he puts up a hard fought 115-113 type win against a guy that lands a lot of shots on him (Jones-Tarver I type fight). I don't see a fight like that happening for a few years, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather got out of the game before it did.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ May 12 2010, 11:41 AM) *
Hello everyone. It's been a LONG time since I've posted here so a big what's up to all my old posting buddies. I hope you all are well.

So I've been mulling over the list of potential future Mayweather opponents, and like many of you I don't see anyone in or around 147 beating him. Sure some would give him better fights than others, meaning actually winning a few rounds but bottom line is that the guy is too fast, too accurate, too conditioned, too smart and overall just too complete.

While stylistically I'm not suggesting that a prime Mayweather and a prime Roy Jones are completely comparable, the manner in which they overwhelmed their opponents was quite similar. Their superior speed and reflexes, accurate punching and ability to avoid being hit cleanly is what allowed them to build dominant undefeated records (not counting the Griffin DQ) and egos that genuinely believed that they simply could not lose. The way a prime Jones was able to bump up and beat Ruiz with those natural attributes Mayweather could easily do the same to a carefully picked Light Heavyweight similar to Ruiz (not a Dawson) and come away with a dominant victory.

Jones at Mayweather's current age of 33 had just finished raping Glen Kelly and Clinton Woods. Yes there are lesser caliber guys than those Mayweather has faced recently, I am aware. Fast forward 2 years and Jones had his toughest fight to date against Tarver, squeaking out the close decision win. In that fight while Jones was still faster than 99% of guys out there his attributes seemed slightly diminished. Certainly his ability to avoid being hit, something his prime form was exceptional at had eroded greatly. Half a year later he gets KTFO with a single shot that IMO wouldn't have touched him 2-3 years prior. We all know it has been downhill ever since.

Do you guys see the same thing happening to Mayweather? Certainly as he moves into his mid 30's he's going to face the same problem Jones did. The dominance gap in the speed/reflexes department that he possesses will only begin to close meaning he will get hit more and be able to dominate less. He could get iced with a single shot the way Jones did, or he could just end up putting up less dominant performances until someone is finally able to win more rounds than him. I think the Mayweather we saw in round 2 against Shane is something we'd see more often when Mayweather is 35-36.

I guess the big question is when Mayweather will retire. My gut tells me he'll be much smarter about it than Jones was. No way do we see a 40-41 year old Mayweather still fighting IMO. Since Mayweather has already "retired" once and has made references to doing so I'd say he has one up on Jones when it comes to being smart about his career.

I don't think Mayweather will lose until after he puts up a hard fought 115-113 type win against a guy that lands a lot of shots on him (Jones-Tarver I type fight). I don't see a fight like that happening for a few years, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather got out of the game before it did.

honestly i dont see mayweather fighting but 1 or 2 more times... if the pac fight isnt made i can see him fighting maybe martinez (very dangerous fight for mayweather by the way, way more dangerous than pac in my opinion)) but thats about it... i hope im wrong but i dont see him fighting the bertos, the williams and that type of fighter... i'm not sure he fights martinez... i say that to say we may watch him retire again, undefeated... if that happens i can see him coming back from time to time ala sugar ray leonard and we may eventually see him lose that way... as he ages...
Method
Yup. Once that speed goes, he's gonna start getting KTFO. He'll fight more than 1 or 2 more times. The money is WAAAAYYYYY too easy, appealing. Especially for a degenerate gambler.
tymoney
That "single shot" is the only way Floyd can lose imo. I dont see anyone in the sport beating him in a clear decision. Unless of course he simply sticks around the sport too long, which I dont think will happen. As far as him becoming the next Roy, like I said its gon come down to how long he sticks around. Regardless of how great you is you will slow down someday.. its how the human body work. Floyd has said time and time again "I wont let the sport of boxing retire me". As long as he keep that same state of mind, he will be aight. I say beat Pacman, then Martinez and end with whoever is considered the best man in the sport at the moment, then call it a career.
thehype
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 12:56 PM) *
Yup. Once that speed goes, he's gonna start getting KTFO.

laugh.gif

Bernard Hopkins seems to be doing just fine without having any speed. Are you implying that Floyd Mayweather is lacking fundamental boxing skills like Roy Jones Jr.?

laugh.gif
TRU
No he wont end up like Roy...

He's more defensive wizard ala Toney than a reflex depdendent Roy.

However, Floyd does rely a little bit much in the reflex department in certain subtle aspects of his game. He has enough fundamentals to compensate when the speed starts to fade as it has just a little bit already...
KookedKrack
Anyone can get ktfo......

But i do see Floyd fighting into his 40s and still beating dudes ala bhop.
Col Reb
I think Floyd will be more like Calzaghe than Roy. He'll pick up a couple more decisions then retire before things catch up to him. I think he values being undefeated too much to stick around in the game too long. I think he'll choose the smart path and keep his 0.

I also think nobody touches him from 160 down. He's too smart and skilled to let himself get KTFO; and if he does get caught, he knows how to survive. He has the boxing instincts that Jones lacked. While I think Roy was a better all-around athlete, Floyd is the better boxer, and this will save him as he does get older.

I expect three more fights from Floyd: Martinez, Spinks, and Berto/Cotto. There just aren't that many big name dance partners left for Floyd that the public will demand. I don't think he'll get to fight Pac, but he wins with ease if he does. I don't see him fighting Williams either, but you never know.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 12 2010, 07:36 PM) *
I think Floyd will be more like Calzaghe than Roy. He'll pick up a couple more decisions then retire before things catch up to him. I think he values being undefeated too much to stick around in the game too long. I think he'll choose the smart path and keep his 0.

I also think nobody touches him from 160 down. He's too smart and skilled to let himself get KTFO; and if he does get caught, he knows how to survive. He has the boxing instincts that Jones lacked. While I think Roy was a better all-around athlete, Floyd is the better boxer, and this will save him as he does get older.

I expect three more fights from Floyd: Martinez, Spinks, and Berto/Cotto. There just aren't that many big name dance partners left for Floyd that the public will demand. I don't think he'll get to fight Pac, but he wins with ease if he does. I don't see him fighting Williams either, but you never know.

I don't see him fighting either of those and the only way he fights Cotto is IF Cotto some how manages to resurect the inner beast that was slayed in the Margarito fight. I think Martinez presents a real threat and it is lucrative enough of fight for Floyd take the risks involved to make it a happen, but other than it's the Pac-Man.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Yup. Once that speed goes, he's gonna start getting KTFO. He'll fight more than 1 or 2 more times. The money is WAAAAYYYYY too easy, appealing. Especially for a degenerate gambler.

I agree once Floyds reflexes and skills go he will get stopped brutaly ala Jones.
Snoop
I see Floyd's style more like Toney's than Jones's IMO. The question is if he has a chin like Toney does.

I'm sure Floyd will get hit a lot more when his reflexes deteriorate, but not like Jones. Floyd has way more fundamentals. Roy fought with his hands down to his damn knees.
Method
QUOTE (thehype @ May 12 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Bernard Hopkins seems to be doing just fine without having any speed. Are you implying that Floyd Mayweather is lacking fundamental boxing skills like Roy Jones Jr.?

Bernard Hopkins never got put on queer street or have his legs buckled from one shot the way Floyd has...but keep bringing him up in every thread that has nothing to do with him. I'ma sick Big Bad Brad Cooney on ya...no, Ed Keenan!
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Bernard Hopkins never got put on queer street or have his legs buckled from one shot the way Floyd has...but keep bringing him up in every thread that has nothing to do with him. I'ma sick Big Bad Brad Cooney on ya!

I think anyone @147 would have got buckled or dropped from that shot Shane hit him with.
Method
Thats great that you think that.

D-MARV
Floyd ain't getting KO'd with one shot by anyone. LOL

AT worst he'll lose a decision to Martinez.
Method
Not what I said. I said once his speed is gone he will. His chin AINT Toney or Hopkins. He gets hurt when one good shot lands NOW. Once his speed goes, he will get hit more, and I think, just my opinion, that he will get tapped more w those kinds of shots and WILL get KTFO. Corley tapped it, Judah tapped it, Shane tapped it and another guy tapped it early on. Floyd has nice fundamentals, but he still gets tapped and when he does he buckles. No shame. It is what it is.

There is NO WAY Floyd loses a decision to that palooka Martinez. NO WAY.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 12 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Anyone can get ktfo......

But i do see Floyd fighting into his 40s and still beating dudes ala bhop.

Really? I don't. Hopkins is not a good comparison to Mayweather. Hopkins has never relied on ungodly speed to overwhelm or beat his opponents to the punch, so it wasn't a factor for him as he aged. For Mayweather however it would be a factor if he slowed say 25% by the age of 40.
Method
Im w you, BBS.
Warlord
I can only hope so. Insecure bitches with daddy issues are an insult to the XY chromosone.

As long as his speed and reflexes are intact though, he is P4P the best fighter in the world, and that I won't deny that.
Fitz
Good post Brutal, star posting more. We need more guys like you, we are getting too many pop boxing fans lately laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ May 12 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Really? I don't. Hopkins is not a good comparison to Mayweather. Hopkins has never relied on ungodly speed to overwhelm or beat his opponents to the punch, so it wasn't a factor for him as he aged. For Mayweather however it would be a factor if he slowed say 25% by the age of 40.

great point... when mayweather starts losing speed... if he's still fighting.. he'll be in much more entertaining fights... thing is i doubt he allows himself to fight that long... i think he has 2 fights 3 at most left... wouldnt be surprised to see 1 more if they make the pac fight...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ May 12 2010, 11:41 AM) *

I disagree with the bolded part..Jones didn't have the skill set that Mayweather does..Mayweather relies on skills to win fights..Yes,he also has really good speed and reflexes like Roy but he possesses more of the art of boxing than Jones..Jones heavily relied on his abilities to win fights and when he got KO'd became gun shy and became a different fighter..Mayweather has the fundamentals that Roy doesn't have..Of course if you rely on speed and reflexes to win you fights it will catch up to you and you'll get beat..

Roy got exposed by showing he didn't have the skill to keep going like Archie Moore(fought till he was 50),B-Hop,and guys like them..Archie lost some of his speed,reflexes,and things like that like all old fighters but he knowledge of boxing kept him in it and allowed him to outsmart younger guys and KO em too..
King Eugene
Floyd's skills, fundamentals, and defense are better than Roy's. Roy's defense relied on his reflexes and not skill. You missed Jones cause you couldn't catch up with him, you miss Floyd cause he slips and dodges like Toney and Sweat Pea(not saying better than those guys). Floyd doesn't rely on his speed as much as Roy did. Roy had guys gun shy before the fight even started because of what was coming in return. Floyd doesn't possess that same threat.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 12 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Floyd's skills, fundamentals, and defense are better than Roy's. Roy's defense relied on his reflexes and not skill. You missed Jones cause you couldn't catch up with him, you miss Floyd cause he slips and dodges like Toney and Sweat Pea(not saying better than those guys). Floyd doesn't rely on his speed as much as Roy did. Roy had guys gun shy before the fight even started because of what was coming in return. Floyd doesn't possess that same threat.

Exactly.
King Eugene
In Roy's prime he fought 3-4 times a year. They may have been against milk men, police officers, and locksmiths(as some like to discredit) but he was cleaning out his division(probably cause of all the mandatories he had from holding so many belts). Floyd only goes for mega fights and I think when he feels there aren't anymore he'll retire again until somebody else presents that mega fight opportunity.
Fitz
Mayweather is better fundamentally that Jones, and can probably go a bit longer, but I think the speed and reflexes will effect him. Probably fight better at a higher level than Jones, but he won't be in the same category as Hopkins and Toney either. Taking nothing away from Mayweather, in the skills department he is at least on par with Toney and Hopkins. But I feel too much are looking at that criteria and think he will be able to fight at that level, at that age. It is more than that, and at that age, I think the willingness and capability to take more punches is a big necessity. You must be physically tough and durable.

I think people are looking at Mayweather and automatically think that because he is fundamentally sound, he can keep going on for a long time and not get knocked out like Jones. The thing they aren't taking into account that his opponents will generally all improve. If speed and reflexes deteriorate, he will not be able to compensate for it as well as Hopkins or Toney. Because the speed and reflexes now are exactly what make some of his opponents worse. Look at Mosley and DLH, with those skills Mayweather has, they stop punching because they get hit every time they throw. Mayweather declines in that department, his opponents get better automatically. Mayweather will not hit them as often, and in the process, they begin to punch and pressure a little more, because Mayweather will not be as accurate as before. Hopkins and Toney decline in that department, they still have their defence, but guess what? They don't mind getting hit. They can get in, and dirty and fight. Fights will naturally become more physical for aging fighters, they will eat more shots than they were usually used to. They must be willing to get hit and get down and dirty. Now ask yourself, if Mayweather is more open to the idea of being more physical, tough and the capabilities of being as durable as Hopkins or Toney?
Now, Mayweather at this stage doesn't appear to like getting hit, and he doesn't and rightfully so. Getting hit seems to have more concern for different fighters. I'm of the opinion that Toney or Hopkins would worry less about it than Mayweather. Once again, not saying he is a coward, I just think that it would worry Mayweather a little more. He just seems to go that extra mile to make sure he doesn't.

In the end, I think he is better fundamentally than Jones and it won't effect him as much. But even though he stacks up to Hopkins and Toney in the skills department, people are over looking some other major factors.
Hops
I have some questions to Floyd's "detractors":

Is it possible that he appears to not like getting hit (he gets buckled) because he rarely gets hit flush? What if he really has high punch resistance and that it would only come into play the more he gets hit?
GARCIA
\I think Mayweather will retire before he looses too much of his speed and reflexes like Jones.. Jones Should of retired after he won the Heavy weight title, then he would of been considered one of the best of all time but he continued for some reason, Now look at him.. Bottom line, i think Mayweather has what it takes to beat anyone in the world as of right now, But if he continues to fight it is Very Possible he could be like the Next ROy and Get Knocked OuT EaSy..

As for over all Skill, I don't think Mayweather could be as good as Toney if he was Toney's age now.. Because James could still compete now and he's old for a Boxer. If Mayweather boxed at Toney's age, he'll be getting KO'd..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 13 2010, 02:58 AM) *
Mayweather is better fundamentally that Jones, and can probably go a bit longer, but I think the speed and reflexes will effect him. Probably fight better at a higher level than Jones, but he won't be in the same category as Hopkins and Toney either. Taking nothing away from Mayweather, in the skills department he is at least on par with Toney and Hopkins. But I feel too much are looking at that criteria and think he will be able to fight at that level, at that age. It is more than that, and at that age, I think the willingness and capability to take more punches is a big necessity. You must be physically tough and durable.

I think people are looking at Mayweather and automatically think that because he is fundamentally sound, he can keep going on for a long time and not get knocked out like Jones. The thing they aren't taking into account that his opponents will generally all improve. If speed and reflexes deteriorate, he will not be able to compensate for it as well as Hopkins or Toney. Because the speed and reflexes now are exactly what make some of his opponents worse. Look at Mosley and DLH, with those skills Mayweather has, they stop punching because they get hit every time they throw. Mayweather declines in that department, his opponents get better automatically. Mayweather will not hit them as often, and in the process, they begin to punch and pressure a little more, because Mayweather will not be as accurate as before. Hopkins and Toney decline in that department, they still have their defence, but guess what? They don't mind getting hit. They can get in, and dirty and fight. Fights will naturally become more physical for aging fighters, they will eat more shots than they were usually used to. They must be willing to get hit and get down and dirty. Now ask yourself, if Mayweather is more open to the idea of being more physical, tough and the capabilities of being as durable as Hopkins or Toney?
Now, Mayweather at this stage doesn't appear to like getting hit, and he doesn't and rightfully so. Getting hit seems to have more concern for different fighters. I'm of the opinion that Toney or Hopkins would worry less about it than Mayweather. Once again, not saying he is a coward, I just think that it would worry Mayweather a little more. He just seems to go that extra mile to make sure he doesn't.

In the end, I think he is better fundamentally than Jones and it won't effect him as much. But even though he stacks up to Hopkins and Toney in the skills department, people are over looking some other major factors.

very solid points fitzgerald... i think it could become a mixture if he was to fight that long... again i dont see it but there will be a point in his career if he does continue to fight on where he will either start taking more shots and we'll see him getting knocked out or knocked out that 1 good time or he'll have an ali type ending where he shows just what kind of beard he has... ali had one hell of a chin... if floyd proves to have a chin even with 25% diminished skills of where he is right now you are still looking at a top tier p4p fighter... thats assuming he has a solid chin to go along with that skill level... you'd basically be looking at a juan manuel marquez typish fighter at that point... in my opinion... maybe with a tad bit more speed than marquez but i see him being the prototype of a diminished mayweather and what he might look like in the ring... again assuming he has the chin to go along with that skill level.
Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 12 2010, 10:57 PM) *
I can only hope so. Insecure bitches with daddy issues are an insult to the XY chromosone.

As long as his speed and reflexes are intact though, he is P4P the best fighter in the world, and that I won't deny that.

My man.
BrutalBodyShots
Nice posts from everyone. I'm fairly confident in saying that Mayweather doesn't have an iron chin. A solid 7 sure, but not a 9 or 10. I think he's smart when he gets hurt and his insane conditioning allows him to recover quickly. Because Mayweather doesn't get hit often, you're never going to see him get stopped with cumulative damage because his opponents simply don't inflict enough. That could change as he ages though, as discussed above.

What Mayweather needs to worry about is what happens when he continues to move up. I don't really recall Mayweather getting rocked at 130-135, but he certainly was at 140 against Corley and was at 147 against Mosley and Judah. While I'd still take Mayweather based on skills over the boys at 154-160, his chances of getting rocked (or worse) IMO will go up even more.

Mean Mister Mustard
I think his chin is comparable to Cotto's. A lesser fighter with that chin would have gotten flattened already but Mayweather has great skills that help him make adjustments midway through the fight and stop the punches that are hurting him (He stopped Corley's right hook, Judah's straight left and Mosley's overhand right) but he also has heart and resolve which allows him to fight on. He will get hurt again though.
PR316
I don't think PBF will stick around long enough to give his haters the satisfaction of seeing him KO'd.

This doesn't mean he wont lose.

Of course anything can happen in boxing.
D-MARV
If he fights Martinez, I think we will see him lose.
Method
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 13 2010, 12:08 PM) *
If he fights Martinez, I think we will see him lose.

No way.
D-MARV
How do you see it playing out?

Hops
Floyd-Baldomir.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Hops @ May 13 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Floyd-Baldomir.

lmao nono.gif
PR316
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 13 2010, 12:51 PM) *
lmao nono.gif

Agreed. Baldomir and Martinez are night and day.

Totally different styles and temperament.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Hops @ May 13 2010, 12:42 PM) *
Floyd-Baldomir.

LMFAO... Oh Shit!
Douchebag
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 13 2010, 01:23 PM) *
LMFAO... Oh Shit!

I almost want to say that post is racist. LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 13 2010, 01:24 PM) *
I almost want to say that post is racist. LOL

LMAO again...

Dude, That was some of the craziest shit I seen posted in a while.
Method
I see Floyd beating MArtinez by decision.

Martinez is ALL "Bolo" and NO punch.

Hands down at his sides D.

He would get beat by Floyd, something like 8-4 or better, and I PRAY the fight gets made, because Floyd will be the dog, and I will finally get some decent valued odds on his ass.
D-MARV
You think Floyd wouuld be the Dog?

I never thought about the odds... I would lay money on whoever the dog would be.
JD
Floyd will not be the underdog in this fight, he will be the betting favorite to open...and in my opinion will be bet up.
Hops
Floyd-Baldomir.

So, you think Martinez is a technical fighter, too? Watch when Floyd frustrates him forcing him to come forward and looking like Baldo in there.
BrutalBodyShots
Mayweather will be the betting favorite against anyone he fights in the next 2 years.
blackbelt2003
Floyd is at his absolute prime RIGHT NOW.

Whilst he'll last a little longer than Roy because he has some nice, tight skills instead of just flat out speed to back up his reflexes, he's still gonna suffer as his reflexes go.

He's NEVER been an iron chinned guy. Whilst he's never been legitimately floored, he has wobbled on more than one occasion, and guys who wobble as opposed to getting knocked down are the guys with the lesser chins.

Take Hopkins. The sheer force of a blow was able to put him down all those years ago against Mercado, but you've never seen him all wobbly like Floyd was vs Shane, Corley and (years ago) against Miguel Melo.

So once Floyd slows down a touch, it's obvious he's gonna take a few more shots and I think there's a chance of him getting stopped. I mean, fuck, Shane was one punch away from getting him out of there a few weeks back, and this is in his PRIME.

When has any other top level fighter been one punch away from getting KO'd by Shane? Not Forrest, De La Hoya or Wright. They all took WAY more shots from Shane without going all wobbly.

It may be down to how GOOD Floyd is. He's so good he just doesn't take many clean shots. When you hardly take clean punches, of COURSE you're not going to react to them when you eventually do. Look at past greats, like Leonard, Duran, etc. Their chins were solid because they got TESTED, even though they were defensively great. Leonard had Duran and Hearns bouncing bombs off him in his prime, so he learned to take big shots from the best.

But for Mayweather, like Roy before him, when you take such little punishment for so long, your chin is going to be a little less battle hardened. It's not Floyd's fault he's so far ahead of everyone and doesn't get hit, but there you go.

Floyd is quite obviously the best P4P fighter right now and in the last decade. If he stays fighting too long, trust me, he'll pick up a few TKO losses just like Roy Jones did. Nature of the beast.

Black

Hoodlum
Apples and oranges gents....we're talking apples and oranges. Roy WAS an athletically gifted freak capable of doing things that will never be seen again in the square ring. Floyd, on the hand, is boxing perfection. Athletically gifted....boxing perfection.....athletically gifted.....boxing perfection. After Mayweather got popped in that big mouth in the second round of his tussle with Mosley we all saw those chicken-bone legs buckle. Something tells me Mayweather may have been hiding some of the family CHINA for years and Shane Mosley gave us a quick glimpse of it in that second round.
Warlord
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ May 14 2010, 09:12 PM) *
Apples and oranges gents....we're talking apples and oranges. Roy WAS an athletically gifted freak capable of doing things that will never be seen again in the square ring. Floyd, on the hand, is boxing perfection. Athletically gifted....boxing perfection.....athletically gifted.....boxing perfection. After Mayweather got popped in that big mouth in the second round of his tussle with Mosley we all saw those chicken-bone legs buckle. Something tells me Mayweather may have been hiding some of the family CHINA for years and Shane Mosley gave us a quick glimpse of it in that second round.

Best fighter in the world today? Yes. Boxing perfection? No. He has neither the chin, nor the power, to be considered "perfection."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.