Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Video] Floyd Mayweather: The Training Of Greatness
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mcbsouth
KookedKrack
Hmm let me guess Floyd and Roger hitting the pads?
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 12 2010, 10:22 PM) *
Hmm let me guess Floyd and Roger hitting the pads?

Roger's padwork with Floyd is some of the most pointless training routines I've ever seen.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 12 2010, 06:49 PM) *
Roger's padwork with Floyd is some of the most pointless training routines I've ever seen.

MarzB would have a fit if he read this.
Mcbsouth
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 12 2010, 05:49 PM) *

Its called "Catch Reflex" mitts. We do it at my boxing gym, it teaches you to catch oncoming punches and counter in a timely matter. Its a great defensive tool.
Snoop
It looks like more of a workout for Roger than it is for Floyd. I see it more as "flash" than actual training. I wonder how much time he actually does it off camera.
pcraw
QUOTE (Mcbsouth @ May 12 2010, 05:54 PM) *
Its called "Catch Reflex" mitts. We do it at my boxing gym, it teaches you to catch oncoming punches and counter in a timely matter. Its a great defensive tool.

You can't explain that to some people my man. That's exactly what it is though. It's not meant to teach power.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 12 2010, 07:11 PM) *
It looks like more of a workout for Roger than it is for Floyd. I see it more as "flash" than actual training. I wonder how much time he actually does it off camera.

Again, MarzB would be going apeshit right about now. LOL
Snoop
QUOTE (Mcbsouth @ May 12 2010, 10:03 PM) *

Hmm..take it back. The mitts session looked a lot more intense than when he's doing it for PR.

Great video overall, but tell me one thing, why the fvck does Floyd always opt to skip rope in his boxers? laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 12 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Again, MarzB would be going apeshit right about now. LOL

It's not a knock on Floyd necessarily, I mean love him or hate him, you gotta respect the work ethic. I just think the flashiness of the padwork overrates what it actually is, at least when he's doing it for PR.
D-MARV
JonnyBlaze is going to throw a fit when he see's those dumbbells
Method
The most telling shit I've seen of Mayweather was when he was in his bed w his daughter watching Hannah Montana and he tried to get all paternal with her for the cameras and went off on some shit about jealousy...it was the most pathetic, ignorant shit I've seen, and speaks volumes about how mentally inept this cat is. He's a fucking kid his damn self.
D-MARV
The poor girl didn't even know what the fuck he was talking about... LMAO.
TRU
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 08:14 PM) *
The most telling shit I've seen of Mayweather was when he was in his bed w his daughter watching Hannah Montana and he tried to get all paternal with her for the cameras and went off on some shit about jealousy...it was the most pathetic, ignorant shit I've seen, and speaks volumes about how mentally inept this cat is. He's a fucking kid his damn self.

Yeah... that was sad.

You could tell HBO staged the hell out of that shit.

Just like HBO staged Shane and his son running and just so happened to be choreographed...

Gotta luv that rumor that for Pac-De la Hoya I believe... they wanted one of those fuck nuts to fly into Vegas via Helicopter or some other dumb, expensive, Unrealistic shit.

HBO is the undisputed champion of pissing away money.
Method
QUOTE (TRU @ May 12 2010, 09:27 PM) *
Yeah... that was sad.

You could tell HBO staged the hell out of that shit.

Just like HBO staged Shane and his son running and just so happened to be choreographed...

Gotta luv that rumor that for Pac-De la Hoya I believe... they wanted one of those fuck nuts to fly into Vegas via Helicopter or some other dumb, expensive, Unrealistic shit.

HBO is the undisputed champion of pissing away money.

Not even so much that it was staged, but fuck, you'd think the message would be a little more of a cornerstone adage. Its such a tender moment, and then he comes with some ghetto Cracker Jack box moral, like - "Always remember what Ima' bout to lay on you - when you wear Prada, everyone gon' wanna jack you fo' yo' shit. Just rememba' how hard daddy gamble. Neva give up yo' gear w out a fight. Say word"
TRU
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 08:48 PM) *
Not even so much that it was staged, but fuck, you'd think the message would be a little more of a cornerstone adage. Its such a tender moment, and then he comes with some ghetto cracker jack box moral, like - "Always remember what Ima bout to lay on you - when you wear Prada, everyone gon' wanna jack you fo' yo' shit. Just rememba' how hard daddy gamble. Neva give up yo' gear w out a fight. Say word"

Well... I feel kinda bad for Floyd Jr.

Look at how competitive his own daddy is with him.

Fucked his ass up mentally but it's probably the same thing that makes him such a great boxer.
Method
Just like Jones Jr.
TRU
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 09:06 PM) *
Just like Jones Jr.

And De la Hoya...
TRU
QUOTE (Method @ May 12 2010, 09:09 PM) *
And the Parrot (son of Tucan Sam)

Hahahahah...

and Mosley.
Method
And the Parrot (son of Tucan Sam)

"What do you mean you skipped your road work, Charles?"

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ May 13 2010, 12:28 AM) *
Great video overall, but tell me one thing, why the fvck does Floyd always opt to skip rope in his boxers? laugh.gif

To give Ellerbe his jollies of course.
KENSOFINE
Musical sports montages are so gay.
JD
ROLL DEEP
Want to get myself one of those crop tops at 0:33 of that video laugh.gif
Mcbsouth
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ May 14 2010, 08:54 AM) *
Musical sports montages are so gay.

dont such a negative nancy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.