Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview:Soto-Dominguez:WBC Lightweight Title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Just a heads up for everyone as this fight has kind of flown under the radar with Kahn-Malinaggi that same night. How do you see the Soto-Dominguez fight going down? Note that it is a WBC title fight in Mexico and 4th and 8th round open scoring is likely to be in effect. I hope it doesn't interfere with the fight too much! I'll take Soto by a close UD on all cards I'll say 116-112 across the board.

Jack
rlite23
I'll say Soto by 9th round TKO.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 13 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Just a heads up for everyone as this fight has kind of flown under the radar with Kahn-Malinaggi that same night. How do you see the Soto-Dominguez fight going down? Note that it is a WBC title fight in Mexico and 4th and 8th round open scoring is likely to be in effect. I hope it doesn't interfere with the fight too much! I'll take Soto by a close UD on all cards I'll say 116-112 across the board.

Jack

Mean Mister Mustard
I was high on Soto back in 05 after he upset Juarez but he's been a little lackluster lately. I can understand the loss to Guzman, who was quicker and slicker than anyone Soto had ever faced before. It was a bit like Jones-Hopkins 1, Soto gave it a good try but the other guy was too talented. Still, Soto's accuracy seems a bit off lately. Moreover he seems to show up without a gameplan. If he can't get a guy out of there in the first 5 rounds he seems to run out of ideas which is strange because he has a lot of tools (stiff Jab, Uppercuts, hooks). I attribute this to bad matchmaking. The guy is a very good pro, he should have been fighting top Jr Feathers and Lightweights. Instead he's been feasting on run of the mill guys he can KO early. then when he steps up the competiton he seems to look lethargic and confused. He still wins but he should be looking more impressive.
kidbazooka1
Soto should stop Dominguez within in 5 rds.
Fitz
I actually think Soto has looked impressive lately.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.