Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@6:45PT, 8:45CT, 9:45ET: Khan vs. Malinaggi
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to this fight.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 15 2010, 01:54 PM) *
For all on-going and post-fight reactions to this fight.

Jack

Administrator

Khan is gonna stop that lil bitch Malignaggi.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I really don't get all these prediction for Khan. What has Khan done to even think that he'll be competitive with Paulie. Beating a washed up Barrera and overhyped Salita is not that impressive. Malignaggi has outboxed Juan Diaz in his last two fights, and seems to have his career back on track. Paulie has never been truly stopped before, and he's faced harder punchers in Hatton and Cotto. Paulie also has superior hand speed and movement. This will give Khan fits all night. Paulie is a solid boxer, and Buddy's style just wasn't for him. Khan is going to be following Paulie around, and he'll run into counters all night. I know im in the minority, but there is no way Malignaggi loses this fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 15 2010, 03:12 PM) *
I really don't get all these prediction for Khan. What has Khan done to even think that he'll be competitive with Paulie. Beating a washed up Barrera and overhyped Salita is not that impressive. Malignaggi has outboxed Juan Diaz in his last two fights, and seems to have his career back on track. Paulie has never been truly stopped before, and he's faced harder punchers in Hatton and Cotto. Paulie also has superior hand speed and movement. This will give Khan fits all night. Paulie is a solid boxer, and Buddy's style just wasn't for him. Khan is going to be following Paulie around, and he'll run into counters all night. I know im in the minority, but there is no way Malignaggi loses this fight.

Khan has very good boxing skill and power he won't have to worry about his china chin being cracked in this fight he'll go out there and beat Paulie down just waite and see.
JLUVBABY
dammit... i got to go with my girlfriend to a dam birthday party tonight so i will miss the chats for the fights tonight.... thank God for DVR... lol... you boys enjoy the fights tonight... ill be keepin tab on my cell phone... wish i could access chat from my cell...
salvador
Kellerman is great!
salvador
Ortiz is also great.

Let's see Ortiz-Maidana 2.
Imperius3
Campbell got old or Golden Boy paid him muchos grande to stand there like Clottey.
D-MARV
Campbell has ALWAYS been overrated.

Not shocking at all.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 15 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Campbell has ALWAYS been overrated.

Not shocking at all.

Campbell had his moment with Diaz. You've got to give him that.
The CEO
Ortiz looked sharp the majority of the fight, but I still see glaring mental and chin issues...
oozemcbuck
"Brooklyn in da house !!" - Michael Buffer

Funny as hell coming from him. And now fight time, Imma go get a beer before the bell. Im picking Paulie. Peace.
D-MARV
Get in the chat people!!!
streetlion1
Looks like Paulie is starting to feel comfortable in there. I have him taking rounds 2 and 3.
KookedKrack
Bradley eats the 140lb division alive.
The CEO
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ May 15 2010, 11:11 PM) *
Bradley eats the 140lb division alive.

No doubt...

Khan may be lookin' good here, but his fragility is still very present to me...Malignaggi's actually moved him around with some shots...
D-MARV
I have to roll with Alexander. I think he beats Bradley.
KookedKrack
meh.
The CEO
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 15 2010, 11:33 PM) *
I have to roll with Alexander. I think he beats Bradley.

Alexander's damn good...I see him to Bradley as I see Dirrell to Ward though...

P.S.~ Despite Khan's rhetoric...Roach BETTER keep him away from both of the guys above AND Maidana.
Imperius3
Khan needs to fight a puncher next. There are still unanswered questions about his chin. Bring on Maidana.
PR316
Khan would give Bradley some problems with his quick jab and combinations. Not sure how well he takes Maidana's power, but he would be a favorite to win. I think Alexander beats him, though. He destroys Judah and Ortiz.
kidbazooka1
Ortiz looked pretty damn good tonight he boxed beautifuly nate just couldn't get in the fight and i don't think it was so much because of his age i just think the movement coupled with Ortiz power was too much for him.

KHna looked real good too but i expected thatfrom this fight but anyone who carries atleast a little power will be dangerous against him.

I wanna see either Ortiz vs Khan or Maidana rematch i think he's ready to get back in the mix withthe top guys.
Lil-lightsout
Pretty much agree with what most are saying right now. I would just like to add something about Paulie. As much as I have disliked him for sometime, he always seems pretty honest and classy in his interviews. And all the people who ridicule his lack of any real power, me especially, it's pretty amazing what he has accomplished despite it. And sure he is a decent boxer, but he is no Pernell Whitaker in there. So hats of to you Malignaggi for atleast trying and showing some toughness in there when you were outgunned in every way. Just my opinion.

Also, nice showing for Khan. Very good skills, but we need to see him in there with a bigger puncher next.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 16 2010, 05:15 AM) *
Pretty much agree with what most are saying right now. I would just like to add something about Paulie. As much as I have disliked him for sometime, he always seems pretty honest and classy in his interviews. And all the people who ridicule his lack of any real power, me especially, it's pretty amazing what he has accomplished despite it. And sure he is a decent boxer, but he is no Pernell Whitaker in there. So hats of to you Malignaggi for atleast trying and showing some toughness in there when you were outgunned in every way. Just my opinion.

Also, nice showing for Khan. Very good skills, but we need to see him in there with a bigger puncher next.

Paulie is a class act in interviews. I actually felt bad for him when he said "I'll be looking forward to watching the tourney."
BigG
I have liked Paulie since the Cotto fight. He has alot of heart and fight in him.

Ortiz and Khan looked really good. Campbell though looks a bit small for 140. Khan put on a helluva performance. I think he's better than Hatton...

Devon Alexander is my pick to win 140 torunament if there is one.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ May 16 2010, 02:01 AM) *
I think he's better than Hatton...

Definitly.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *

ouch!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
lol Ill eat my crow on this one...The height of Khan really gave Paulie problems. He was never able to get inside and use his own tools. More power to Khan on that as well, I really underestimated his skills. I felt it was a matter of the opponents Khan had fought, but he looked good. Paulie showed a lot of toughness like I knew he would, but he couldn't get out of the way of that jab. Paulie will be back though, and he's still a tough 140 pounder to beat. He's still one of my favorite fighters too, and he's a warrior. Khan could beat Bradley if he keeps his range and snaps that jab. He earned my respect tonight, and has a bright future under Freddie Roach.
Spyder
Paulie is toast. He fought on MUCH longer than it looked when he had his ongoing hand problems. I remember him talking retirement back then if he couldn't keep his hands healthy.

He's made a name for himself in the sport of boxing...he should probably have serious thoughts about a move to ringside NOW, rather than waiting for his speech to get fucked up from more punishment. With the exodus of Lennox from the HBO crew, I think that Paulie(who HBO clearly likes) would fit in nicely with their broadcasts.

His honesty in spite of his ego, is unmatched.
Maxy
Khan looked pretty good but I didn't see anything I hadn't expected tbh. He's a good fighter, has great speed, a strong jab and he puts his hands together well but he will always be one punch away from oblivion.

Devon Alexander is the man to beat at 140 for me. He's better than Bradley in my book.
Spyder
Where's all of this Devon love coming from?

I haven't seen anything out of him, nor decline from Bradley, that would make me think that he's overstepped Tim as THE MAN at 140.
JLUVBABY
just had to throw this out there... wheres my boy rusty trombone?... anybody heard from him?
D-MARV
Khan and Ortiz both looked great last night because they had the "perfect" opponent. I can't see how anyone gave Campbell or Malignaggi a chance.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Oh cmon D-MARV, give Paulie some credit. He boxed great his last two fights against a credible opponent in Diaz. He was looking great under his new trainer, and really had some momentum going in his career for once. Paulie was just as fast as Khan, but Khan had that reach and a nice jab. That won him the fight, and more power to him. To say, how can anybody give Paulie a chance though is ridiculous. I know hindsight is 20/20, but Paulie is a damn good boxer. He'll get another shot at a big fight, and he'll come through. Keep him away from 6 foot jr. welterweights, and he'll be fine. Malignaggi beats Maidana and other fighters at 140.
WindyCityP
Got to give Kahn credit. He out boxed the so called boxer, showed a nice snapping jab. I liked his defense as well. Paulie did manage to land a couple of solid hooks but of course he couldn't hurt a fly. Interested to see how Kahn's chin will do when a hooks like that land from a Bradely, Marco, or anyone with decent power.

Nate is done as a top contender. Too old to hang with the kiddies at 140 imo. He couldn't get off on Victor imagine Bradley or Alexander.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 16 2010, 02:26 PM) *
just had to throw this out there... wheres my boy rusty trombone?... anybody heard from him?

I'm still around, I haven't been able to post as much, busy opening up a business. To be honest, boxing fans in general have really worn me down. They are mostly whiny bitches, or just plain stupid. I still like to watch boxing, but I don't really care to get into arguments with retards that just plainly ignore observable facts.(it's kind of like arguing with people about evolution) I've realized that I don't care to argue with people whose opinions I have no respect for. It's not specific to this message board, just boxing in general. In fact there are a bunch of guys opinions on here I actually respect, I also just don't think there is too much to discuss. Take this fight for instance, I don't know how you can't be annoyed by Paulie with his arched, waxed eyebrows, and spiky hair.

bitch
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ May 16 2010, 07:44 PM) *
I'm still around, I haven't been able to post as much, busy opening up a business. To be honest, boxing fans in general have really worn me down. They are mostly whiny bitches, or just plain stupid. I still like to watch boxing, but I don't really care to get into arguments with retards that just plainly ignore observable facts.(it's kind of like arguing with people about evolution) I've realized that I don't care to argue with people whose opinions I have no respect for. It's not specific to this message board, just boxing in general. In fact there are a bunch of guys opinions on here I actually respect, I also just don't think there is too much to discuss. Take this fight for instance, I don't know how you can't be annoyed by Paulie with his arched, waxed eyebrows, and spiky hair.

bitch

Sounds like you probably consider me unworthy, but I don't think there is anyone on Earth disgusted more by Margarito. Being a nasty hobo, I don't ask for permission to board. Just thought I'd let you know I'm along for the ride.
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 17 2010, 02:30 AM) *
Where's all of this Devon love coming from?

I haven't seen anything out of him, nor decline from Bradley, that would make me think that he's overstepped Tim as THE MAN at 140.

I think Alexander is pretty good, and I have been very impressed with Bradley. Need to see more of each guy, but I think Bradley looks more solid all round and a little more game. Though while I agree that Bradley is probably the best at 140, Alexander has unified at 140, so that will put him just above Bradley for now, despite myself liking Bradley a little more.
D-MARV
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 16 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Oh cmon D-MARV, give Paulie some credit. He boxed great his last two fights against a credible opponent in Diaz. He was looking great under his new trainer, and really had some momentum going in his career for once. Paulie was just as fast as Khan, but Khan had that reach and a nice jab. That won him the fight, and more power to him. To say, how can anybody give Paulie a chance though is ridiculous. I know hindsight is 20/20, but Paulie is a damn good boxer. He'll get another shot at a big fight, and he'll come through. Keep him away from 6 foot jr. welterweights, and he'll be fine. Malignaggi beats Maidana and other fighters at 140.

Is this a joke?

Kyle, You're a smart dude... You don't really mean this, do you? This was the same Paulie who was abused by Hatton.
JD
I think the Younin trained Paulie is better than the McGirt trained version...that said, ANY version of Paulie loses to Khan. It's just physics.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yes I do mean that. The Malignaggi that fought Hatton is different than he is now. He boxed great against Diaz, and has a lot of speed. I know some people hate his style, and hate what he represents. Also, I'll admit I am a fan of his, and I'm just a bit biased. However, I can say without bias, he had a shot before this fight. He had looked good with his new trainer, and had his confidence back. He's a solid boxer, uses good movement, and has great handspeed. Khan beat him because of his height. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think a tall boxer would give him as many problems. Hindsight is always 20/20, and rangy boxers with a nice jab will always give Paulie problems. JD, you're right, any version of Malignaggi loses to Khan because styles make fights. However, Malignaggi would definitely have a shot against Maidana. I guess we'll differ in opinions about Malignaggi though, no biggie.
King Eugene
I picked Paulie(not the first time I was way off)!

One thing I noticed is at the beginning of the fight there was some very fast exchanges. Didn't know Khan's handspeed was that fast. Very entertaining fight. Even my woman was on the edge of her seat screaming at the screen. Paulie isn't done but I dont see him competing with the top guys anymore. He may have one last good fight left in him.

I dont see Bradley beating Khan just cause of height and reach alone. Bradley's what 5'5" or 5'6" and Khan's 5'10"? Khan has a pretty good jab on him and Roach will not let him abandon it against a smaller fighter like Bradley. If Khan wants to get brave and sit in there and exchange with Bradley, somebody get this cat a pillow.

Maidana is overrated. He'd lose to Bradley, Khan, and Alexander.

I think Alexander is better than Kendall Holt and he gave Bradley a run for his money along with dropping him twice. Give me Alexander over Bradley by competitive UD.

Snoop
The only thing Maidana has going for him is his power IMO. That being said, he'd still have a hellavua chance against Khan.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 17 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Maidana is overrated. He'd lose to Bradley, Khan, and Alexander.

I don't think he is overrated. Most do not believe he is the top guy. But he is a tough guy who throws heavy artillery. Bradley, Khan and Alexander should be favored against Maidana. Khan would have to fight better than he did against Paulie. He gets caught with a Maidana hook and it is The Land of Twitch for him. Bradley would most likely beat him also, but he would not survive two knockdowns versus Maidana. Somebody gets KTFO against Alexander.

QUOTE (Snoop @ May 17 2010, 02:53 PM) *
The only thing Maidana has going for him is his power IMO. That being said, he'd still have a hellavua chance against Khan.

You forgot his warrior heart and solid chin.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 16 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Sounds like you probably consider me unworthy, but I don't think there is anyone on Earth disgusted more by Margarito. Being a nasty hobo, I don't ask for permission to board. Just thought I'd let you know I'm along for the ride.

Oh, the Margarito hate wagon? I forgot about that asslicker, I'll add you. That sig has been going strong for some time now, it's a hatewagon everyone can be proud to join, especially after his little scandal.
D-MARV
It was just one of those fights for me I guess. I just couldn't see anyway Malignaggi was going to win that fight. He had NO advantages.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ May 17 2010, 09:56 PM) *
It was just one of those fights for me I guess. I just couldn't see anyway Malignaggi was going to win that fight. He had NO advantages.

I also saw Khan winning beforehand without a doubt. BUT I would say Paulie had three or four adavantages over Khan, not that it mattered in the final result.

1- Better chin.
2- Home field advantage.
3- Experience and faced better competition.
4- Mentally he seemed to me to have the upper hand before the fight. Though during the fight Khan was not affected by any of the mind games.
mexi-cutioner
I smell a rematch with Breidis Prescott by the end of the year...
Hops
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ May 20 2010, 10:10 PM) *
I smell a rematch with Breidis Prescott by the end of the year...

Hahaha! Perhaps sparring some more with Pacquiao will teach him how not to stick his china chin out or run into a big punch. Khan vs Prescott as an undercard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.