Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fox Sports: 7PM(PT) 9PM(CT), 11PM (ET):Soto vs. Dominguez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For the WBC Lightweight Title

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yo so im at my fiancee's house, and she doesn't have HBO. I turn this on for the main event, and it starts out to be a damn good fight. Soto controlled round one, and Dominguez was giving him too much respect. Dominguez comes back the next round, and goes back to work. He nearly drops Soto, and the firefight begins. They slug it out the next round, and Im hyped im watching this. Then, all of a sudden there's a five minute commerical break. Next, they have the fucking nerve to put on the Best Damn Sports Show with the top 50 baseball moments. I'm sitting there, with my fiancee napping, like what the fuck. Finally, it says on the bottom WE ARE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE TECHNICHAL DIFFICULTIES. Well there must have been some fucked up problems, because the shit didn't come back until the 9th round. So I watch another round, and they have more technical difficulties, so I didn't even get to see the end of the fight. Way to go FSN, I tune into the main event, and only get to see four rounds of boxing in what turned out to be a good fight. If Bob Arum heard about it, I'm sure he's none too pleased, or maybe he doesn't give a shit. Either way, it kind of bugged me. I'm sure nobody else was watching this one though. Just figured I'd put it out there.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 16 2010, 03:42 AM) *
Yo so im at my fiancee's house, and she doesn't have HBO. I turn this on for the main event, and it starts out to be a damn good fight. Soto controlled round one, and Dominguez was giving him too much respect. Dominguez comes back the next round, and goes back to work. He nearly drops Soto, and the firefight begins. They slug it out the next round, and Im hyped im watching this. Then, all of a sudden there's a five minute commercial break. Next, they have the fucking nerve to put on the Best Damn Sports Show with the top 50 baseball moments. I'm sitting there, with my fiancee napping, like what the fuck. Finally, it says on the bottom WE ARE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE TECHNICHAL DIFFICULTIES. Well there must have been some fucked up problems, because the shit didn't come back until the 9th round. So I watch another round, and they have more technical difficulties, so I didn't even get to see the end of the fight. Way to go FSN, I tune into the main event, and only get to see four rounds of boxing in what turned out to be a good fight. If Bob Arum heard about it, I'm sure he's none too pleased, or maybe he doesn't give a shit. Either way, it kind of bugged me. I'm sure nobody else was watching this one though. Just figured I'd put it out there.

Same problem in Wisconsin! FUCK!

I actually turned it off and came to the Spoilers here because I did not want to watch a fight with five rounds missing! The whole Midwest I think got fucked up with the signal. I think open scoring was in effect, because when they came back for the 9th round, they were complaining about it. Thanks Kyle for posting this!

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea dude they came back and then announced the scores. That pissed me off even more, at least show the fight from the point where you went off the air. It was a solid scrap too for the first three rounds, actually better than the fights on HBO that I watched on DVR later. Anybody else not in the midwest try to watch this and have problems?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 16 2010, 12:53 PM) *
Yea dude they came back and then announced the scores. That pissed me off even more, at least show the fight from the point where you went off the air. It was a solid scrap too for the first three rounds, actually better than the fights on HBO that I watched on DVR later. Anybody else not in the midwest try to watch this and have problems?

i live in south east texas and had the same problem homie... found out today when i tried to watch the fight on dvr... pissed me off....
rlite23
Same problem too. I'm 45 minutes north of Chicago
JLUVBABY
in other words they just fucked that telecast up royaly... there was an article that i ran on this fight and i believe if you watched it on fox espaniol or what ever the channel was the fight was shown in its entirety interuption free...
Rivado
Same thing out here in Cali. I switched channels right after the third (?) for a minute and when I switched back it was a completely different program. I figured it was cause of a stoppage and the broadcast was over so we just watched COPS until the HBO fights started.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.