Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bute vs. Pavlik next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I think Bute destroys Pavlik
SENTRAL
Bute will moider da bum.
Maxy
I think Bute would dominate Pavlik, beating him up en-route to an easy decision or a late stoppage. I don't think it would be wise for Pavlik to take this fight. It would end his career.
Snoop
Pavlik needs a confidence builder, not a fight against one of the division's best.
King Eugene
Pavlik needs and up and coming cream puff thats going to stand right in front of him. He dont need any elite fighters at this point. Hell calling out Winky Wright at the moment wouldn't be a bad idea but considering Winky isn't going over 160 I dont see it happening.
JD
More stellar matchmaking by Pavlik's team.
Big Slim Sweet
Cashing him out.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (BigG @ May 18 2010, 08:24 AM) *
I think Bute destroys Pavlik

Agreed. Bute would embarrass Pavlik.
D-MARV
Bute wins... BUT I think this could get interesting.
Mean Mister Mustard
If Pavlik goes to the body and keeps up the pressure maybe he could have some success like Andrade did the first time he fought Bute. Also, maybe now that Pavlik doesn't have to dry himself down to 160 will mean that he will have more stamina and strength in there. Still, I think Bute schools him.
PR316
Clear cash out.

This will make what Hopkins and Martinez look pale by comparison.

Bute TKO 9
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 18 2010, 09:27 AM) *
Bute will moider da bum.

The woyd is moyda, Bust To The Chops.

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 18 2010, 04:02 PM) *
If Pavlik goes to the body and keeps up the pressure maybe he could have some success like Andrade did the first time he fought Bute. Also, maybe now that Pavlik doesn't have to dry himself down to 160 will mean that he will have more stamina and strength in there. Still, I think Bute schools him.

What the clown said.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 19 2010, 03:35 AM) *
This is great match making from my point of view. I hope it continues.

LOL. So do I.
JLUVBABY
man every bodies calling this one... i agree they cashing him out... may not even go 9 as someone suggest... coming from where pavlik comes from hes done made a little money and i doubt the hunger is even there to make up for the loss skills... it was a rumor long ago, last year for sure, that he was binging on alcohol... when i made reference to that i got jumped pretty good on here... well i think its pretty safe to say that he's fought his demons... lol... he takes this fight and he's basically done at the top level for sure... bute could easily be the top guy at 168...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 18 2010, 11:27 PM) *
man every bodies calling this one... i agree they cashing him out... may not even go 9 as someone suggest... coming from where pavlik comes from hes done made a little money and i doubt the hunger is even there to make up for the loss skills... it was a rumor long ago, last year for sure, that he was binging on alcohol... when i made reference to that i got jumped pretty good on here... well i think its pretty safe to say that he's fought his demons... lol... he takes this fight and he's basically done at the top level for sure... bute could easily be the top guy at 168...

If he can get this fight made and win it, Bute is set up to face the winner of the Super Six. He is being maneuvered to be this generation's Smokin' Joe.

Bute v Ward (if Ward can pull off the Super Six) would be a major event.

Montreal v Oakland? You gotta love that shit.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't write Pavlik off completely in this one. I think it really depends on how his face holds up. If those cuts open up again, he's truly fucked, and it'll seem like Bute has 8 hands. However, Bute fights a lot like Martinez. Pavlik was wearing Martinez down and those one-twos were starting to land in the middle rounds. Of course, Bute is a lot bigger than Martinez, but I think Pavlik will be able to handle the speed. If he can keep his conditioning up, go to that body, and keep the pressure on, Pavlik could make this close. Bute definitely wins the early rounds, but we haven't seen Bute tested late too often against solid fighters. If Pavlik works the body early he can slow down Bute. His shots can land once Bute stops moving as much. If his face stays clean this fight gets interesting. I'd still pick Bute by close decision, but don't think it'll be as big a mismatch as some are perceiving it as.
D-MARV
I'm actually surprised that people think Bute would end Pavlik's career. I see Bute winning a clear but competitive decision with some scary moments. I'm not sold on Bute's stamina or chin and those are areas where Pavlik has been strong. I think Pavlik fights good enough to keep his name in the mix.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 18 2010, 10:35 PM) *
This is great match making from my point of view. I hope it continues.

laugh.gif

PR316
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ May 20 2010, 03:10 PM) *
I don't write Pavlik off completely in this one. I think it really depends on how his face holds up. If those cuts open up again, he's truly fucked, and it'll seem like Bute has 8 hands. However, Bute fights a lot like Martinez. Pavlik was wearing Martinez down and those one-twos were starting to land in the middle rounds. Of course, Bute is a lot bigger than Martinez, but I think Pavlik will be able to handle the speed. If he can keep his conditioning up, go to that body, and keep the pressure on, Pavlik could make this close. Bute definitely wins the early rounds, but we haven't seen Bute tested late too often against solid fighters. If Pavlik works the body early he can slow down Bute. His shots can land once Bute stops moving as much. If his face stays clean this fight gets interesting. I'd still pick Bute by close decision, but don't think it'll be as big a mismatch as some are perceiving it as.

Pavlik was competitive in those middle rounds with Sergio, but even if he was to rematch with Sergio, I doubt he'd win. KP just doesn't handle speed and movement very well at all. And Bute is alot like Martinez but like you said, bigger and stronger.

And whereas Martinez tends to take breaks to avoid fading late, Bute won't do that and his power will have an effect on Pavlik who is prone to cuts and swelling, and was even rocked at one point I wanna say in the 4th round by Martinez.

We'll just have to see. But its not looking too good for KP I feel.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't remember him being stunned against Martinez, but he could be against Bute. Like I said, it really does depend on whether that face doesn't get cut up. I think he can adjust to speed, he just doesn't fight well with bad cuts. We've seen Bute fade late against Andrade, and we have yet to see if that can be a trend. To the credit of Bute, it's because he's putting his opponents away with laser like shots. I don't think he puts Pavlik away, and would be curious as to if he can make adjustments like Martinez did. Pavlik puts pressure on, and has better skills than Andrade. I just think it's a more interesting fight than most.

Also, I don't think anybody in the super six cares to fight Bute. What kind of star power outside of Canada does he have? I mean he's fought on Shobox, BAD, and ESPN, but there really isn't much glitz about him. Sure in Canada, his fights are huge. However, where's the hype? You really think anybody besides hardcore boxing fans care about Ward-Bute, Abraham-Bute, Dirrell-Bute, and so on. This is nothing like the Joe Fraizer situation. People gave a damn about heavyweights in those days. People don't care about Lucian Bute. If Andre Ward wins the whole thing he will not fight Lucian Bute. Of course, that's two years down the road so maybe Bute can build a broader fan base.
kidbazooka1
I think Bute wins but i'll be rooting for Pavlik to take his head off.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ May 21 2010, 03:28 AM) *
Bute has speed & movement that Pavlik doesn't seem to handle too well & also throws punches in bunches like Martinez but is bigger and posses much more power and accuracy than arguably anyone he has faced so far. Lucian is improving and is just way to skilled, dangerous and powerful for an ordinary fighter in Pavlik.

Pavlik's career is heading towards a brick wall at a very fast pace who may need to stop himself before he gets splattered laugh.gif

Bute batters, then stops Pavlik. MAKE THE FIGHT!

Agree. Pavlik's only chance is to catch Bute with something big, Bute has been hurt real bad before, so anythings possible. But most likely Bute will embarrass Pavlik.
salvador
Wow.

I can't believe that so many people here are so high on Bute. I hope to God that this sentiment is reflected in the odds if this fight comes off, cause I'm backing up the truck on Pavlik.

Bute's never been any with ANYONE of consequence and he got ko'd by Andrade.

Pavlik by crushing KO.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 21 2010, 02:02 AM) *
I think Bute wins but i'll be rooting for Pavlik to take his head off.

What TheBigBoyGun said.

QUOTE (salvador @ May 22 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Wow.

I can't believe that so many people here are so high on Bute. I hope to God that this sentiment is reflected in the odds if this fight comes off, cause I'm backing up the truck on Pavlik.

Pavlik by crushing KO.

I'd enjoy seeing that happen.
PR316
QUOTE (salvador @ May 22 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Wow.

Pavlik by crushing KO.

If Pavlik would having beaten Martinez by "crushing KO", maybe just maybe I'd give him a shot against Bute.

But he didn't. He got taken to school and EMBARASSED by a 154 pounder.

Could only imagine the number Bute would do on him.
salvador
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 22 2010, 12:18 PM) *
If Pavlik would having beaten Martinez by "crushing KO", maybe just maybe I'd give him a shot against Bute.

But he didn't. He got taken to school and EMBARASSED by a 154 pounder.

Could only imagine the number Bute would do on him.

I think Lampley said that Pavlik had to lose a ton of weight (12 pounds?) in the last couple of days to make 160 for the Martinez fight and was drained. Plus, Martinez is slicker and has better defensive skills than Bute.

Bute has been coddled and I will continue to believe he's overrated until I see him beat a top contender. Right now I'd take just about everyone (except Green or maybe Froch) in the super six over him.

tottenham19
Bute will slap the shit out of Pavlik.
The Original MrFactor
Get ready to see Pavlik on his back. Hopkins stole whatever this guy ever had. Bute will leave him broken and unfixable. His team is trying to cash out. A win over Bute would definitely bring this guy's career back to life, but it ain't happenin'...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.