Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So its Khan-Katsidis and Hopkins-Calzaghe
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SENTRAL
This story has been doing the rounds but I hadn't seen it mentioned on this community so I figured I'd make it my first topic starter. Ol snaggletooth is desperate to get Calzaghe again and the word is Joe is close to accepting terms for his comeback. They want to promote Hopkins as the villian and take him over there as a lamb to the slaughter for their hero Joey boy to dispose of. Calzaghe is bored in retirement and in between his powder snorting and incest games he has been keeping in good shape. Fresh from his snore bore with Jones, Hopkins is ready to exact his revenge.

A colorful rematch or one to avoid?

Khan and golden boy see Katsidis as an easy fight but know it will garner great interest in the UK. Failing that the plan is to rematch Prescott, another fight his people are confident of winning.r
thehype
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 18 2010, 11:22 AM) *
This story has been doing the rounds but I hadn't seen it mentioned on this community so I figured I'd make it my first topic starter. Ol snaggletooth is desperate to get Calzaghe again and the word is Joe is close to accepting terms for his comeback. They want to promote Hopkins as the villian and take him over there as a lamb to the slaughter for their hero Joey boy to dispose of. Calzaghe is bored in retirement and in between his powder snorting and incest games he has been keeping in good shape. Fresh from his snore bore with Jones, Hopkins is ready to exact his revenge.

A colorful rematch or one to avoid?

Khan and golden boy see Katsidis as an easy fight but know it will garner great interest in the UK. Failing that the plan is to rematch Prescott, another fight his people are confident of winning.r

Yep...but I'm hearing they better come correct with the money because ol' Snaggletooth is grumpy and wants his worth.

I know a guy who has some extra money laying around in some duffel bags.

laugh.gif
Romulus9
Hopkins-Calzaghe at 175.

Winner gets Hatton at a catchweight of 190.

Two HUGE events in Britain. Looking forward to it.
Maxy
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ May 18 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Hopkins-Calzaghe at 175.

Winner gets Hatton at a catchweight of 190.

Two HUGE events in Britain. Looking forward to it.

Hatton couldn't make 190.

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
I'll believe Calzaghes comeback when I see it. Not sure how Katsidis will handle the step up in weight, but if he can carry some power up to 140, he can cause Khan all sorts of problems. Ever since the Prescott KO iv known how good it feels to watch Khan get smashed, I just havent been sure who I want to do it again. Maybe Katsidis is that man.
Jack 1000
I thought Hopkins won by a point over Calzaghe the first time. It could have been no more than a two point edge than night for either boxer. Calzaghe threw more slaps, Hopkins landed fewer, but much harder and more effective punches.

That's exactly what they want to do, bring Calzaghe out of retirement in the U.K thinking that Hopkins is old enough to be ready for slaughter. But I don't see Bernard doing that. If this happens, it would have to be in a neutral venue because Calslappy is not losing in the UK. The return bout should have happened almost after the first fight. I would probably now pick Joe to win by a more realistic wide margin, and not the fabricated numbers that HBO and Max Kellerman saw from the first fight. Calzaghe by Wide UD.

But Holy shit! Khan-Katsidis!!! This is literally the guaranteed war where the loser is probably finished as a contender. It will be explosive and could be short. Gotta go with Katsidis off of better competition and the better chin. Early pick Katsidis by 8th round KO.

Jack
KookedKrack
Bhop must have heard that Calslappy likes the nose candy....
SmartyBeardo
Why not bring back Joe Bugner (if he's still above ground) and match him up with RJJ? I'll take Bugner in 5, unless he's pushin' up daisies. Then I'd call a draw.
lloyd mayflower
Joe Bugner recently appeared in reality show, I'm a celebrity get me out of here. I have to say, he looked every bit the old fighter who has been punched in the head too many times. A bit like a child. Bugner KO3
AussieLad
Calzaghe incest games? WTF?
neophyte7
CAL got a gift the first time and has been idle... If he wants to remain undefeated with his bogus record he should leave Hopkins alone... If they meet this summer Hopkins will beat him (again) this time the judges will get it right.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 19 2010, 08:27 AM) *
CAL got a gift the first time and has been idle... If he wants to remain undefeated with his bogus record he should leave Hopkins alone... If they meet this summer Hopkins will beat him (again) this time the judges will get it right.

That was a close fight regardless and hardly in the 'gift' category.
neophyte7
do u think he did enough to offset being on the canvas.. close yes... the knockdown which was from a great a short straight right as good as you will ever see thrown was what gives it to Hopkins in my view...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 22 2010, 01:37 AM) *
do u think he did enough to offset being on the canvas.. close yes... the knockdown which was from a great a short straight right as good as you will ever see thrown was what gives it to Hopkins in my view...

Yeah I do actually. Calslappy made Hopkins do things in that ring that I'd never seen before. It was the first fight where Nard had ever really showed his age. I don't like saying that as I hate Calslappy but I gave him the win.
Hops
Bernard will get him this time. And, I think Katsidis should demand random drug testing on Khan.
neophyte7
LMAO... random drug testing on Khan... LMAO... why? I am curious as to what suspicions you have. Funny I was watching Khan and envisioned him whipping Pac's ass... his style is very effective with his hands held high, and his straight punching volume. His jab is tremendous from what I saw. The guy does not hit that hard but he seems like a very formidable machine with a frame to carry more weight it seems...

And yes Hops will get him. Funny how people base Cals win over them seeing Hopkins do things he never did before. I watched Hopkins Echols II the other day. Hopkins has always played to the ref, milk time for fouls, etc... Reference his bout with Syd Vanderpool, --- People were saying the same about the rematch with Jones... I say they have not watched much of Hopkins... Echols 2 was a hopkins masterpiece and cold blooded execution of a power punching maniac. the way echols used to come at opponents was impressive. He was never the same after Hopkins stopped him in that bout. Cal's inactivity will work against him. he is not PBF thinking he can retire and return in dominant fashion. He is near 40 and it has been revealed that he likes the nose candy

by the way Hopkins chin was on display as maybe being one of greatest all time at middelweight Echols loads up with a right hand on the break- Hopkins didn't even flinch or take step back and landed one right back... brutal exchange. The echols shot would have laid anyone else down accept they had a Hopkins like chin...

gerald Mcclellan had a profound impact on Hopkins turning defensive... but he used to tuck his chin and bang
he did not have nazim the first fight with Cal... Hopkins goes after him more effectively. If he turns it up and muscles the inactive coke head, i see hopkins having a more emphatic performance and this time the win- but might not be aesthetically pleasing to many... it will b an ugly bout.
Method
I dont car WHAT compuCROX dais Calz landed. Hops outlanded him. Didnt have a mark on his facew. Calz was busted up a bit. Pure bullshit.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Method @ May 23 2010, 05:16 AM) *
I dont car WHAT compuCROX dais Calz landed. Hops outlanded him. Didnt have a mark on his facew. Calz was busted up a bit. Pure bullshit.

I don't score fights based on compubox, and I don't score fights based on what the faces look like after.

Shit fight, shit performance by both men, but Calzaghe closed the show stronger in the laster rounds. It was so hard to score for Bernard late on when he spent so many rounds being negative and trying to fiddle his way out of the fight. In a close fight, where punches landed and damage done is roughly equal, things like assertiveness and effective aggression come into play, and this is where Hops falls down.

Having said that, I hope he beats the fuck outta Calzaghe in a rematch.

Black
Imperius3
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 22 2010, 07:31 AM) *
LMAO... random drug testing on Khan... LMAO... why? I am curious as to what suspicions you have. Funny I was watching Khan and envisioned him whipping Pac's ass... his style is very effective with his hands held high, and his straight punching volume. His jab is tremendous from what I saw. The guy does not hit that hard but he seems like a very formidable machine with a frame to carry more weight it seems...

Because Khan is trained by Roach and has Alex Ariza as his conditioning coach, just like Pacquiao.
neophyte7
well, One of the things I am hearing regarding this juicing is the increase of stamina. I heard the guy was the typical euro style fighter and that Malignaggi was more than him, yet his stamina and punching volume never dipped over the entire 11 rounds it actually seemed to pick up. Even after the fight the guy was hyper... Not relaxed but hyper... LMAO at least that is how it seem to me. I mean you would expect to seem some look of expenditure on a guy who thrown as many punches as Khan did.. or is it just me?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 22 2010, 07:31 AM) *

honestly neo i could see freddy roach pulling some fast stuff with his fighters... he's been associated with 2 other fighters that we know of that have been linked (confirmed) to steroid use...and im not putting pac in that mix... just saying it wouldnt surprise me...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 19 2010, 09:27 AM) *

If its on Wales, it will be a carbon copy of the 1st fight. Hopkins will have to stop Calzaghe to get the win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.