Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DON KING
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
neophyte7
DON KING IS AN AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY... FROM HOMICIDE TO GOD KNOWS HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS... this guy is still powerful... he dropped 1 million cash and shut Mayorga and the MMA down. I for one am glad to see that he did what he did. MMA is good, but they are luring boxers in in my view to add luster to their growing sport. Really, how successful is Mayorga going to be in MMA- dude better get his ass back in the ring if he wants some money where the gloves have more paddding LMAO.. any way.. How do you feel about DON KING? How much dough does this guy have? It seems as if the Rumble in the Jungle put him over the hump. I recall King stating that he and the then president in Zaire made all of the dough and there were very few outside hands in the pot...

Does he still represent Zab Judah? People shit on King but he made it possible for fighters from humble origins to get more money than they every dreamed. People like to shit on him because they say he robbed Mike Tyson and I say bullshit. Tyson was a victim of his own ghetto mentality and ignorance. ALL HAIL THE KING -- A TRUE AMERICAN ICON- LMAO
KookedKrack
Duffle Bag Don King is not to be fucked with.
neophyte7
No doubt.. I watched that pitiful Tyson documentary/movie where he (Tyson) allegedly/reportedly stomped Don King??? I could imagine that Don could have easily had his ghetto ass killed if he is able to plunk down 1 million cash effortlessly. Should have castrated that savage punk...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 19 2010, 05:50 PM) *
No doubt.. I watched that pitiful Tyson documentary/movie where he (Tyson) allegedly/reportedly stomped Don King??? I could imagine that Don could have easily had his ghetto ass killed if he is able to plunk down 1 million cash effortlessly. Should have castrated that savage punk...

Yep, takes a real man's man to use your money to get others to fight your battles for you
neophyte7
Come on man... how many ex cons and wealthy men are going to waste time fighting someone like Tyson. King is an old man. King handled it like a real man if it happened because he did not retaliate, yet for sure with his money and connections, he could have had Tyson's miserable ass rubbed out.. no problem and done society as a whole a favor...
pcraw
I agree that King is the man, but you're a little rough on Tyson.
STEVENSKI
Yup King is the man. How many successful cards has he put together the last 10 years?
neophyte7
QUOTE (pcraw @ May 19 2010, 07:03 PM) *
I agree that King is the man, but you're a little rough on Tyson.

-- I hear you, but Tyson plays to peoples empathy with his sad stories... his personal confessions of fellatio rendezvous, his being a thug etc... it is all tiring. Honestly... his movie that was out last year was disgusting. When he told the story of how he stomped Don King, I said to myself immediately.. Don should have had his ass taken out... minimally both of his legs broken. I am not the only one who feels this way. I know. And another thing... Tyson is overrated in terms of his place in history... a place in history that Don King helped secure. Has nothing to do with that lying black bitch who cried rape either.. I every other month I watch the tapes of Holyfield I and Buster Douglas whipping his beastial ass... it makes my day. I walked out of the TYSON pity party before it even got started...
lloyd mayflower
Tyson was a mixed up kid who had a talent and as such, got exploited. You will never catch me taking the side of some snib like King over someone like Tyson. I watched that film too, but I think I may have fallen asleep. What exactly do you mean by stomped? If you are talking about giving him a beating, that he probably deserved, and you think that deserves minimum retribution of broken legs, ar possibly even killed, you need to get your fuckin head checked
neophyte7
lmao--- dude... i am just conveying sentiment-- and not being literal--- people have gotten killed for less... i am from Detroit.. I know. tyson is a loser. a spectacle for white america -- he reinforces every black male stereotype... kill that motherfucker and put him out of his misery AND PLEASE.. tyson amassed 200 mill- exploited-- yeah ok he was exploited by his own ignoraNCE--
JD
Don King is pretty close to irrelevant.
neophyte7
*Irrevelant LMAO not when you can fetch 1 mill like a pair of slippers

TELL MMA and Mayorga that... tell Tyson that... for his bad relations with King he remains begging for money, sympathy and empathy--his ass is a medicated clown.

Don King about 8 years ago was on the hater show Star and Buckwild. He was commenting on how he wanted to get Tyson back on the map, but he stated that Tyson would rather be happy making 5 mill per fight with Shelly Finkel and see hardly none of it.. rather than make 15 or so mill per fight with him. he said that he did not want to put Tyson down for being stupid and having to drop his lawsuit, yet he said this: "Some of us are trying to get off of the plantation, in the case of Mike Tyson he is trying to run back to it" LMAO -- great shit.
JD
Great....he can block a low level MMA card from occurring, doesn't make him relevant in the sport of boxing anymore.

So yeah, pretty much irrelevant.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 01:40 AM) *
Tyson is overrated in terms of his place in history... a place in history that Don King helped secure.

Really King helped him secure his place in history by what? Tyson's place was already well secure before King got his grubby mitts on him & fed him on tomato cans. What triumph did King help Tyson achieve that is remotely as impressive as becoming undisputed heavyweight champion?

D-MARV
King may be irrevelant to the sport of boxing but what he did on Saturday was some "GANGSTA-ASS-$HIT".
Hops
Those criminals, e.g. Arum, King, and Dela Hoya... they still have some soft portions in their hearts.
neophyte7
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 19 2010, 09:42 PM) *
Really King helped him secure his place in history by what? Tyson's place was already well secure before King got his grubby mitts on him & fed him on tomato cans. What triumph did King help Tyson achieve that is remotely as impressive as becoming undisputed heavyweight champion?

I get your point... but Don King helped him amass 200 milllion... I know Don the crook stole all of his money... yeah ok

That undisputed heavyweight champion achievement... OK being the youngest and all, yet he beat no one of consequence as a heavyweight... Tyson has no legit wins over hall of famers (Michael Spinks and Holmes were farces). Michael Moorer was the first left handed heavyweight in history and to be honest with you... Tyson's career ain't much better than Moorers overall
- pure overrated. I guess society has an infatuation with the beastial ans uncivilized fasad of someone like Tyson... overrated for sure.
JD
At the time he was champ, Tyson was overrated.

Now, that his career has ended, he has become underrated.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 19 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Tyson's career ain't much better than Moorers overall

You were doin' ok. I wasn't especially agreein' with you, but no matter, we all have our opinions. Then you puked out this feces.

What was it, between the 8th and 9th shot or did you just finish a bottle of Thunderbird? Because if you aren't on the verge of passin' out or goin' to jail, that is the most ignorant statement I have read on here in awhile.

Somebody take this mofo's keys, for omnipotent being's sake.
neophyte7
aint no body taking my keys sucker---LMAO... ok... Moorer beat Holyfield. Tyson got his ass kicked twice. Moorer has a legit win over Holyfield as a champion...

Moorer 52 wins 4 losses 1 draw was lightheavy champ was a wrecking ball- defended his title 9 times and moved to heavyweight--- became champion Moorers lightheavy work was great. dominant.

Tsyon- 50 wins 6 losses 2 no contests... no legit win over a hall of famer... His last fight a white guy pushed him down and he quit LMAO- he went out like the medicated Clown he always was. Fast yes... Powerful... Yes, but Overrated as hell. Like I said.. his career when measured aint that great. That is my view. Opinion.
Hops
This thread... from Mayorga to Tyson.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 06:42 AM) *
aint no body taking my keys sucker---LMAO... ok... Moorer beat Holyfield. Tyson got his ass kicked twice. Moorer has a legit win over Holyfield as a champion...

Moorer 52 wins 4 losses 1 draw was lightheavy champ was a wrecking ball- defended his title 9 times and moved to heavyweight--- became champion Moorers lightheavy work was great. dominant.

Tsyon- 50 wins 6 losses 2 no contests... no legit win over a hall of famer... His last fight a white guy pushed him down and he quit LMAO- he went out like the medicated Clown he always was. Fast yes... Powerful... Yes, but Overrated as hell. Like I said.. his career when measured aint that great. That is my view. Opinion.

Moorer? Light-heavyweight champion? Please. I suppose Herbie Hide is a two time heavyweight champion, too, by your standards.

How does Moorer defending a minor, unrecognised title against a few scrubs then posting ONE good win over Holyfield equal anything Tyson did? Like JD said, Tyson is now being seriously underrated simply because it's in vogue.

Tyson was a great fighter, no doubt. Not Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali great, but if anyone else other than Tyson had got Mike's resume, you'd be creaming yourself over it.

Black
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 01:42 AM) *

Seriously, you are going to have one of those humiliating moments where you wake up in the morning with your Fruit Of The Looms over your head like a ski mask on a burglar, and you see through the London fog of a memory you have of last night that you were ridden like a donkey into Jerusalem, only Jesus was a stripper in latex whipping you with your own leather belt on your buck naked ass in front of all of your best friends at your bachelor party.

And they have photos to prove it.
neophyte7
OK ... back to Mayorga.. Did King help this third world entertaining maniac's career. I mean... He got him some dough and high profile fights... I wonder what Mayorga thinks of Don King.

Everyone blames King for misfortunes. I recall on hot 97 Zab Judah eating shit for saying Don King was the reason he lost to Baldomir LMAO-- he said that Don King was to blame??? He took that shit back quick fast and hurry...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 20 2010, 10:10 AM) *
BigG, I can see you lurking in this thread. Now is your time to shine. Tyson doesn't pop up often now, so you have been deprived for a long time. Tyson is getting an unfair treatment in here IMO. It's all up to you.

LOL! C'mon G get in here & defend your men! Judah is taking some shit too.

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 12:00 PM) *
OK ... back to Mayorga.. Did King help this third world entertaining maniac's career. I mean... He got him some dough and high profile fights... I wonder what Mayorga thinks of Don King.

Everyone blames King for misfortunes. I recall on hot 97 Zab Judah eating shit for saying Don King was the reason he lost to Baldomir LMAO-- he said that Don King was to blame??? He took that shit back quick fast and hurry...

Did king help Mayorga? Yes he did. Did Mayorga once given the spotlight use his own uniwue talents to make himself a cult figure in boxing? betcha ass he did.

As for Judah well he is a idiot anyway & nothing he nor his father says should be taken seriously.
pcraw
The thing is people call King a crook and this that and the other. I'm not taking sides on the King/Tyson controversy of who got screwed, but I know for a fact all promoters take from fighter's but every last fighter made more money with Don King than any other promoter that was screwing them over. In other words if King was getting Tyson 40 million a fight and was telling him he was only getting 30 mill. Yeah he screwed him out of 10 million, but that's better than Finkel or someone getting him 15 mill for fights and telling him he's only making 8.

I don't feel any sympathy for Mike, but at the same time I don't feel he's looking for it either. If you see Mike at a fight...honestly...the man just want to be left alone.
SENTRAL
Not nearly enough credit is ever handed out to the great Michael Moorer, a destroyer of men, a fighters fighter. The best light heavyweight I ever saw in the flesh. A man who would eat a kid like Dawson alive, chew him up, devour him whole. Moorer is a fighter of legendary proportions and a man with a greater claim to greatness than Mighty Mike. True. As for King, he is the lucifer of the game but he is also the greatest promoter will shall ever live to see.
neophyte7
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 20 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Not nearly enough credit is ever handed out to the great Michael Moorer, a destroyer of men, a fighters fighter. The best light heavyweight I ever saw in the flesh. A man who would eat a kid like Dawson alive, chew him up, devour him whole. Moorer is a fighter of legendary proportions and a man with a greater claim to greatness than Mighty Mike. True. As for King, he is the lucifer of the game but he is also the greatest promoter will shall ever live to see.

Finally... Michael Moorer would have decapitated Dawson and Roy Jones... I was living in Detroit while Moorer was a Lightheavyweight Juggernaut... at 175 the guy's physique was tremendous. Of course, I expect people who have no real sense of boxing knowledge and are enamored with Tsyon's fasad and past early savage KOs not to be able to see that he was overrated. As far as being underrated... I feel people are placing him in his proper perspective. Tyson was a media creation and spectacle. Great power- speed against afraid bums and washed up fighters, but he owns no wins over A level fighters. Earnie Shavers probably would have knocked his block off-- Old man George Foreman (who ko's moorer) campaigned publicly to fight Tyson Tyson did not want it... LMAO
JD
Had Michael Moorer been able to stay at Light Heavyweight there is no telling how good he could have been, but he ended up at Heavy.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 19 2010, 09:24 PM) *
I get your point... but Don King helped him amass 200 milllion... I know Don the crook stole all of his money... yeah ok

That undisputed heavyweight champion achievement... OK being the youngest and all, yet he beat no one of consequence as a heavyweight... Tyson has no legit wins over hall of famers (Michael Spinks and Holmes were farces).

Please explain how the Michael Spinks fight was a "farce".
Maxy
I was always a fan of Moorer. I think a lot of people bypass his light heavyweight career and judge him solely on how he did as a heavyweight. It is a shame he couldn't make the weight anymore because he most definitely would have dominated 175 for as long as he wanted to.

BigG
Tyson is around 9-15 in all time rankings...Not an ATG but a legend in the sport seeing as how so many young fighter idolized him growing up. Tyson was for real but unfortunately spent most of his prime years in jail.

I was watching Moorer-Foreman Legenadary Nights and Moorer was kind of an interesting character to me...

He always looked too Heavy at HW....
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 02:55 PM) *
Finally... Michael Moorer would have decapitated Dawson and Roy Jones... I was living in Detroit while Moorer was a Lightheavyweight Juggernaut... at 175 the guy's physique was tremendous. Of course, I expect people who have no real sense of boxing knowledge and are enamored with Tsyon's fasad and past early savage KOs not to be able to see that he was overrated. As far as being underrated... I feel people are placing him in his proper perspective. Tyson was a media creation and spectacle. Great power- speed against afraid bums and washed up fighters, but he owns no wins over A level fighters. Earnie Shavers probably would have knocked his block off-- Old man George Foreman (who ko's moorer) campaigned publicly to fight Tyson Tyson did not want it... LMAO

You know what, you're right.

Moorer was one of the greatest fighters of all time. Anyone who was able to defeat Frankie Swindell at light-heavy should automatically be seen as an ATG. And Moorer never went for the cheap belts, the WBC or WBA or whatever, he went straight in for the WBO belt, and everyone knows that is the most presitigious belt to win.

After crushing the light heavyweight division and ruling it for months and months, he even went up to heavy and destroyed Evander Holyfield. This is the same Holyfield who had whipped Riddick Bowe and would go on to beat Tyson, yet Moorer humiliated him with his speed and jab. Moorer was such a destroyer that night he could have fought the whole fight without any cornermen to help him between rounds such was his killer instinct and motivation.

In fact, he only lost to Foreman because he was winning so easily and he lost focus for a second. This is the same Foreman, remember, who hammered Joe Frazier. It took Foreman two rounds to beat Smokin' Joe but ten to beat Moorer so that automatically makes Moorer greater than Frazier.

We're still waiting for a light-heavyweight to come along who can be as great and terrifying as the Michael Moorer juggernaut.

Here is a guy, if I ever saw one, who can bring his courage and the pants together.

Black
neophyte7
whatever... there was a comment made that Don King fed Tsyon tomato cans--- King Fed him who and what he new Tyson could defeat. In the end tomato cans sent him into retirement LMAO--- his last loss was one of the most pathetic losses of all time of a "so called" bad ass and ATG

Moorer is not an all time great...he is in the history books for being the first southpaw heavyweight champion...

Aside from Tsyon being the youngest winning the title against that robot Bruno... his career in the ring is not much better than Moorers-- maybe worse considering Mikes antics, jail, public debacles, biting of ears... and disgusting loss where he pushed down and quit.

As far as being idolized... the media projected Tsyon and Americans love the bizarre.. In 1986 every street thug drug dealing scumbag in Detroit was talking about Tyson this Tyson that... I know these types idolized him. I cannot see any intelligent man idolizing Tyson- Unless I am missing something. You see I was raised watching boxing greats like Ray Rob Ali Foreman Frazier on 8mm reel. When Tyson emerged I never thought he was as great as made out. I could see the train wreck coming as I am sure others did.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ May 20 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Here is a guy, if I ever saw one, who can bring his courage and the pants together.

laugh.gif

That quote needs to be engraved on a big bronze statue for a city's slogan.

'The city of New York - we put together courage and the pants'
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Aside from Tsyon being the youngest winning the title against that robot Bruno...

???
neophyte7
Trevor Berbick... I meant---as I was writing I had Bruno's image in my head...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 21 2010, 12:46 AM) *
Trevor Berbick... I meant---as I was writing I had Bruno's image in my head...

How unfortunate...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 03:42 PM) *
whatever... there was a comment made that Don King fed Tsyon tomato cans--- King Fed him who and what he new Tyson could defeat. In the end tomato cans sent him into retirement LMAO--- his last loss was one of the most pathetic losses of all time of a "so called" bad ass and ATG

Moorer is not an all time great...he is in the history books for being the first southpaw heavyweight champion...

Aside from Tsyon being the youngest winning the title against that robot Bruno... his career in the ring is not much better than Moorers-- maybe worse considering Mikes antics, jail, public debacles, biting of ears... and disgusting loss where he pushed down and quit.

As far as being idolized... the media projected Tsyon and Americans love the bizarre.. In 1986 every street thug drug dealing scumbag in Detroit was talking about Tyson this Tyson that... I know these types idolized him. I cannot see any intelligent man idolizing Tyson- Unless I am missing something. You see I was raised watching boxing greats like Ray Rob Ali Foreman Frazier on 8mm reel. When Tyson emerged I never thought he was as great as made out. I could see the train wreck coming as I am sure others did.

Wake the fuck up, neophyte.

After defeating Berbick for the championship, Tyson defeated (in succession) Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, LARRY HOLMES, Tony Tubbs, MICHAEL SPINKS, Frank Bruno, and Carl Williams before losing to Buster Douglas. Hardly a list of tomato cans.

Tyson unified the title.

After defeating a true string of tomato cans, with names like Bobby Crabtree and Billy Wright, Moorer managed to pull a decision out of his ass against Holyfield for a share of the division. He then immediately got KTFO by a guy his team certainly thought was the biggest tomato can of them all; 45 year old George Foreman, coming off a loss nearly a year and a half before to that all time great Morrison. Moorer then went on another tomato can tour until getting KTFO by Holyfield.

I'm not going to embarass you with the list of tomato cans Moorer defeated on his way to, and in defense of, the illustrious inaugural light heavy WBO title.

Sit the fuck down with this weak ass Moorer shit.

What is ironic is that I always considered Tyson overrated. I knew that he would get KTFO eventually by a decent big man as soon as he came into the ring in less than flawless shape and perfectly prepared. I can't stand the series of shit he has pulled over the years. It is ridiculous that I have been put into the position of defending his pathetic ass.

That said, that run as champion was impressive by any measure.

Moorer does not deserve to be mentioned within 100 fighters of Tyson.

By the way, Bob Foster would have retired Moorer before he ever reached the heavies.

And Don King is a classic gangster turned semi-legit. Believe me, I know.
JD
Most disagree, but I think Pinklon Thomas was Tyson's best win.
neophyte7
JD i know you are being serious but i have to laugh- JD were you not the one saying King fed Tyson tomato cans? LMAO Pinklin Thomas Tyson's best win maybe.. LMAO for sure he is not an all time great if Thomas's name can enter the discussion as his best win... WOW. when a guy not an all time great like Moorer has a win over Holyfield?

Smarty I will sit the fuck down.... JD just took the wind out of my sails --- You win
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (BigG @ May 20 2010, 04:33 PM) *
Tyson is around 9-15 in all time rankings...Not an ATG

I would say any fighter that is top 25 in the traditional 8 divisions should be classified as a ATG.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ May 21 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Most disagree, but I think Pinklon Thomas was Tyson's best win.

I don't agree or disagree with that sentiment. Thomas was a tough fighter who had plenty of skill. Another of the lost generation from the 80's.
JD
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 10:02 PM) *
JD i know you are being serious but i have to laugh- JD were you not the one saying King fed Tyson tomato cans? LMAO Pinklin Thomas Tyson's best win maybe.. LMAO for sure he is not an all time great if Thomas's name can enter the discussion as his best win... WOW. when a guy not an all time great like Moorer has a win over Holyfield?

Smarty I will sit the fuck down.... JD just took the wind out of my sails --- You win

This thread isn't that long, so it shouldn't be too tough to review exactly what I said.

Nowhere did I comment on Tyson's level of competition, or lack thereof. Nowhere did I call Tyson an all-great...what I did say was that Tyson was overrated when he was fighting, but has become underrated now.

As for Pinklon Thomas, he was a good fighter, with a good jab and will...he fought back in there against Tyson, had a good chin and landed some of his own shots. Thomas was no gimme in there and is kind of a forgotten fighter from the 80's.

As for a prime Tyson VS a prime Moorer at heavy...LOL...yeah...well, I think we all know how that would go.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 20 2010, 07:41 PM) *
Wake the fuck up, neophyte.

After defeating Berbick for the championship, Tyson defeated (in succession) Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs, LARRY HOLMES, Tony Tubbs, MICHAEL SPINKS, Frank Bruno, and Carl Williams before losing to Buster Douglas. Hardly a list of tomato cans.

Tyson unified the title.

After defeating a true string of tomato cans, with names like Bobby Crabtree and Billy Wright, Moorer managed to pull a decision out of his ass against Holyfield for a share of the division. He then immediately got KTFO by a guy his team certainly thought was the biggest tomato can of them all; 45 year old George Foreman, coming off a loss nearly a year and a half before to that all time great Morrison. Moorer then went on another tomato can tour until getting KTFO by Holyfield.

I'm not going to embarass you with the list of tomato cans Moorer defeated on his way to, and in defense of, the illustrious inaugural light heavy WBO title.

Sit the fuck down with this weak ass Moorer shit.

What is ironic is that I always considered Tyson overrated. I knew that he would get KTFO eventually by a decent big man as soon as he came into the ring in less than flawless shape and perfectly prepared. I can't stand the series of shit he has pulled over the years. It is ridiculous that I have been put into the position of defending his pathetic ass.

That said, that run as champion was impressive by any measure.

Moorer does not deserve to be mentioned within 100 fighters of Tyson.

By the way, Bob Foster would have retired Moorer before he ever reached the heavies.

And Don King is a classic gangster turned semi-legit. Believe me, I know.

Also it was againts a Holyfield who had a failing heart.
neophyte7
I am honored to have had so many esteemed people chime in on this:

Moorer would be KO'd by Tyson pre The Douglass and Holyfield I ask kicking. Still what about Tyson's career wins make him leaps and bounds above a Michael Moore-- I mean many have conceded that they are both not ATG so where is the seperation. He was not competitive against the ATG he faced Lewis, Holy (I know he beat Holmes, LMAO) Please enlighten me...

and I recall Moorer landing solid shots to he heart and chest of Holyfield in the fight he suddenly developed coronary disorder...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 21 2010, 04:51 AM) *
Also it was againts a Holyfield who had a failing heart.

Benny Hinn fixed that right up

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 21 2010, 05:24 AM) *
and I recall Moorer landing solid shots to he heart and chest of Holyfield in the fight he suddenly developed coronary disorder...

OK OK OK nice rib.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 21 2010, 12:24 AM) *
I am honored to have had so many esteemed people chime in on this:

Moorer would be KO'd by Tyson pre The Douglass and Holyfield I ask kicking. Still what about Tyson's career wins make him leaps and bounds above a Michael Moore-- I mean many have conceded that they are both not ATG so where is the seperation. He was not competitive against the ATG he faced Lewis, Holy (I know he beat Holmes, LMAO) Please enlighten me...

You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

Where do you get off belittling Tyson's victory over Holmes, a legit all time great who had a more impressive heavyweight career following his loss to Tyson than Moorer compiled period? Meanwhile you ignore the fact that Moorer got KTFO by an ancient George Foreman with nowhere near the skills of the Holmes that Tyson defeated. What is most pathetic about your repeated discrediting of Tyson's victory over Holmes is your lack of respect of one of the greatest warriors in boxing history, Larry.

Moorer, if anyone, built an entire career of tomato cans, light heavy and heavy. I'm not going to transcribe his utterly pitiful list of opponents from Boxrec. Try doing a little research for yourself.

And you still haven't answered a previous post that challenged you to explain why Tyson's victory over an unbeaten Michael Spinks was a farce. I think he was 33-0 before the Tyson fight.

But most importantly, you ignore the list of fighters (from Berbick to Williams) that I listed in my last post. ALL were credible, relatively tough opponents, every single one of whom probably would have kicked Moorer's ass.

You accuse Tyson of having a choreographed career, when in fact you would be hard put to find a more carefully fabricated body of work than that which makes up Moorer's tomato can littered record.

Tyson was a legit phenom who became a tragic comedy. Moorer was a journeyman professional who benefited from masterful management.

King Eugene
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2010, 10:02 PM) *

You consider Ruiz an ATG?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.