Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official South Africa World Cup 2010 thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PR316
So Anelka's booted from the French squad after a spat with Domenech... I don't doubt the manager's incompetence for a second but Anelka is an idiot, plain and simple. He's gotten too many chances and is worse than Wayne Rooney IMO.

There's little joy in Spain also. They MUST win... BOTH MATCHES... No other ways about it. The squad is ridiculously loaded with talent and to not achieve anything with this generation of players is absolutely INEXCUSABLE... Failure at its maximum... Personally, I think Fernando Torres must start. His presence in the middle gives the likes of Villa, Silva, and Iniesta the chance to work the open spaces and find the openings. Xavi needs to step up. He's the best midfielder in the world according to many. He's the one that needs to get it started. Sergio Ramos disgusts me at times honestly. But I'm hoping he steps it up now when it is absolutely necessary. No excuses now. Its time to put up or shut up.
Mean Mister Mustard
So Anelka is sent out PR? I bet many will feel his outburst was justified.

England and Spain are under tremendous pressure from their local media. Sure, every big team has pressure on them but it seems like the British and Spaniard's expectations are insane and do more harm than good.
D-MARV
Let me say this...

This World cup has really turned me into a fan. I really start to feel the excitement as each game approaches. Watching the USA game yesterday was a lot of fun and my eyes were glued to the T.V the entire game. This morning I found myself watching another game in it's entirety in Ghana-Australia. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the World Cup. I really don't know much about the sport or what teams are suppose to be the top dawgs. There was a lot of talk about Spain going into the tournament but the game I saw, they weren't all that impressive. I guess Brazil is now the favorite?

JD, I need you to help fill me in on the U.S scene. I'm going to start keeping up with the sport but need some introduction.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 19 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Let me say this...

This World cup has really turned me into a fan. I really start to feel the excitement as each game approaches. Watching the USA game yesterday was a lot of fun and my eyes were glued to the T.V the entire game. This morning I found myself watching another game in it's entirety in Ghana-Australia. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the World Cup. I really don't know much about the sport or what teams are suppose to be the top dawgs. There was a lot of talk about Spain going into the tournament but the game I saw, they weren't all that impressive. I guess Brazil is now the favorite?

JD, I need you to help fill me in on the U.S scene. I'm going to start keeping up with the sport but need some introduction.

The US scene is kinda dull, I would recommend going the route of the English Premiership. That will then introduce you to the Champions League...from there, you will be interested in the World Cup.

The US team is actually decent...nicked up, but decent. Before we get too invested in this squad, let's see if they show up against Algeria. 2-0, 3-1 is what I want to see.
STEVENSKI
Once again a fucking cheating Eyetie robs Australia in the World Cup. Hardly suprised though.
D-MARV
What the hell is going on with France? Players fighting with the coaches, team refusing to practice... They sound like an NFL team... LOL.
lloyd mayflower
They have had issues with Domenech from day one, obviously culminating in total mutiny here. Domenech is a rocket. He is known for picking teams based off of what his horoscope says
PR316
Spain got their much needed win. And though they didn't look GREAT, its a step in the right direction. Still need more accuracy in front of goal. Torres needs to finish those chances he's been absolutely TERRIBLE... No excuses at this level. Have to finish.

David Villa with the goal of the tournament so far.

Spain vs Chile will be epic.
PR316
I just want Switzerland eliminated. Praying for an Honduras victory.
rusty_trombone
Suck it France
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 21 2010, 06:44 PM) *
I'm happy Chile have pretty much qualified, and I suppose Spain is happy as well, as they will be playing against a Chile that is a little more relaxed than one playing for survival.

I hate Chile's style of play. It's absolutely horrid to watch...like some kind of gay ballet.

Why can't they just man up and play the long ball once in a while?
Run and Gun Game Calls
Why does anyone watch this crap? 2/3 of the games end in a tie. So you sit for four hours to watch nobody win? This is the dumbest sport i have ever seen.

Sorry just venting on why soccer is so poorly recieved in the USA.

It sucks!!!!!
PR316
^^^Number 1 sport in the world.
Run and Gun Game Calls
#1 cause the poorest nations can afford to play it.

and it doesnt need my approval, just a personal vert about it
Run and Gun Game Calls
one more thing real quickly, the most played sport does not mean the best sport, and even that is subjective
Run and Gun Game Calls
lmao are you high? Let me explain slowly for you. Whatever Real Madrid paid 3 players has nothing to do with what i said. Nothing at all in fact.

The Poorest nations can afford to play it...Meaning children in very poor nations can still participate in and play the sport. That has nothing at all to do with a franchise, or what it paid players, so you just pulled that out of your ass. It had nothing to do with the topic at all.

As for our sports being insignificant, Im not going to argue that with you, at least 2/3 of american sports events dont end in a gay assed tie
Run and Gun Game Calls
That would be like 2/3 of all boxing matches ending up in a draw......It would SUCK!!!!
Run and Gun Game Calls
why am i in here, i thought i explained that already, it was about a rant.

Let me ask you one question and ill drop it.

Can you honestly say after watching a game for 4 hours, and it ending in a 0-0 or 1-1 tie you dont feel cheated a bit?

Just give me an honest answer,

I really am curious as to the mindset of soccer fans, i just dont get it. Im not being rude, I really am trying to understand.

Seems to me after all that, and it ending in a tie, it would all seem...well....pointless
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 22 2010, 08:37 PM) *

Can you honestly say after watching a game for 4 hours, and it ending in a 0-0 or 1-1 tie you dont feel cheated a bit?

You tell me what soccer game last 4 hours, and I will get fitzy here to blow you.
Run and Gun Game Calls
lmao yeah i misquoted how long the games last........but please no, fits just isnt my type, lol
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 23 2010, 01:37 AM) *

Just give me an honest answer,

I really am curious as to the mindset of soccer fans, i just dont get it. Im not being rude, I really am trying to understand.

Seems to me after all that, and it ending in a tie, it would all seem...well....pointless

I have watched many games that I have wanted to end in a draw. Say if my team is top of the league with 30 points for example, and the two teams below have 27 points and are about to play each other, then I would much rather both teams got one point instead of one of them getting three and catching my team up.

And it is far less than 2/3 games that end in draws. Far less than 1/3 probably. If you take this World Cup as an example, there have been 36 matches so far and only 11 have ended in a draw.
Run and Gun Game Calls
uhmmm and 11 draws out of 36 doesnt seem excessive to you? Thats honestly almost 1/3 of all games played. And if your team is the best team in a league Keith, they will win outright, not hope to back into a championshup because of ties.

I suppose its just a differant mindset. To me if your team isnt good enough to win without the help of draws, or ties, then they dont deserve to be there in the first place
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 23 2010, 01:54 AM) *
uhmmm and 11 draws out of 36 doesnt seem excessive to you? Thats honestly almost 1/3 of all games played.

Still far less than you were claiming.

And if your team is the best team in a league Keith, they will win outright, not hope to back into a championshup because of ties.

I suppose its just a differant mindset. To me if your team isnt good enough to win without the help of draws, or ties, then they dont deserve to be there in the first place

The team with the most points at the end of a season deserves to win the league.

You're right about a different mindset. It's a culture thing.
D-MARV
Hey Run,

I use to HATE soccer going into this year's world cup (Still doesn't fuck with NFL... not even close!) but I have grown to like it a bit. This may be a case of "World Cup Fever" but I plan on keeping up with the sport. You bring up a great point about how economic situations benefit the sport and I think you're dead on. If you look at it from a world view, soccer is by far the most popular sport out there. America doesn't seem to care much about it but we're just one little area of the world. Run, you just have to understand that other countries were raised up on soccer... that's all they do in some countries. So instead of criticizing the sport just don't comment on it. If you don't like the sport just don't watch it. To be honest with you, I REALLY don't know how much I'll keep up with it after the World Cup. Come August, I probably won't give two fucks about the sport. My whole point is that if you don't like the sport just don't comment on it... You open yourself up to a bunch of annoying remarks about how soccer is King of the world and how it's the "REAL" football LOL. Just leave it alone.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 22 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Hey Run,

I use to HATE soccer going into this year's world cup (Still doesn't fuck with NFL... not even close!) but I have grown to like it a bit. This may be a case of "World Cup Fever" but I plan on keeping up with the sport. You bring up a great point about how economic situations benefit the sport and I think you're dead on. If you look at it from a world view, soccer is by far the most popular sport out there. America doesn't seem to care much about it but we're just one little area of the world. Run, you just have to understand that other countries were raised up on soccer... that's all they do in some countries. So instead of criticizing the sport just don't comment on it. If you don't like the sport just don't watch it. To be honest with you, I REALLY don't know how much I'll keep up with it after the World Cup. Come August, I probably won't give two fucks about the sport. My whole point is that if you don't like the sport just don't comment on it... You open yourself up to a bunch of annoying remarks about how soccer is King of the world and how it's the "REAL" football LOL. Just leave it alone.

To paraphrase all of this simply for run, "stop being a bitch"
Run and Gun Game Calls
naaa we all have our issues to bitch about, this is just one of mine
BigG
Viva Espana bitches....Chile is next to take an ass whipping
BigG
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 23 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Hey Run,

I don't follow Soccer but I always get the "World Cup Fever". It's a special event to see the world come together and soccer is a pretty beautiful sport...but some players fake injuries its fucking hilarious....I also love the fact that this is in Africa
Snoop
I just read this as RGGC acting like Fitz. laugh.gif
King Eugene
One thing I've noticed a lot of is when two players go for a ball head first, the lower man always get elbowed in the side of the face.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 23 2010, 07:05 AM) *
I don't remember going into the NFL thread to let you know how much I dislike the sport.

I'm half-way joking.

I say halfway because you wouldn't be so rude about it, but I mean he's stirring things up to make it interesting isn't he?
BigG
Oh Fitz...I forgot you're a Chilean (?)...laugh.gif

SPAIN by PORTUGAL-NORTH KOREA ASS WHOOPING.
Maxy
Not a lot of point in coming into a world cup thread if you don't like football. Think it's all been said now so the geezer who ain't interested just needs to click on all the other threads, or make some new ones.

Anyway, England managed to get through in the end. Played better today although the fitness of Rooney continues to be a big worry. I figured USA and England would both go through in this group although I thought it would be the other way around. Still, I'm just pleased we are still there. Lost a bit of faith in my pre tournament prediction that we could go far but sod it, I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts....hoping it don't end on Sunday!
PR316
England vs Germany it will be I think. Could go either way. I expect a tight contest.

Same with USA vs Ghana. I do tip the US to make it through that one, though.
JD
Germany will need to win to get the #1 out of their group...in that scenario, the only way Ghana would advance is if they lose by 1, and Serbia loses, or draws 0-0 (or does not catch them in goals).

Serbia is going to beat Australia...which means Ghana could advance with a draw, and Germany would get bounced.

In the end, Germany is going to have to win here. If Germany wins, they will get the #1, and I think Serbia will end up the #2...unless, of course, you expect Australia to beat Serbia - as mentioned, I do not.
Spyder
The Germans aren't as tough as they usually are...Ghana has a real chance in this one.
JD
If Ghana had Essien they would be a serious problem for anyone.

Man...Serbia is coming out flat...if they draw with Australia, they are done; unless Ghana comes back to get the win.
JD
Great call. Man...I expected Serbia to come out strong and jump up 2-0 before the middle of the second half, but they were bad.

Mean Mister Mustard
The Aussies weren't going out of the World Cup without a win.

The Germans don't seem to be the powerhouse they were these last 2 World Cups but they have now qualified out of their group and should bet England, who have looked shady so far.
lloyd mayflower
Have to say, I started off being unusually philosophical about England cos I didnt think there was much point in even thinkin about them, being as they have been so bad, but as usual, after scraping through against a shitty Slovenia team, they are now ready to beat the fuckin world again, Capello has gone from being a hero to a zero and back to hero again. The british media really are the most fickle shower of arseholes on the planet. I now hope beyond all hope that the Gerries give England a severe roasting, then maybe I can get on with watching a world cup without every commentator making every word about them. Someone needs to tell that prick Mark Lawrenson (Ex Ireland international) to put the fuckin pom poms away.

Rant over (for now)
STEVENSKI
Can't wait to see England get flogged by the Germans. Who won the war eh?
Spyder
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 24 2010, 04:21 AM) *
Can't wait to see England get flogged by the Germans. Who won the war eh?

As long as America finishes better than those limey bastids...
JD
I am taking England.
lloyd mayflower
A.B.E

Its time. I've held it on too long. The A.B.E fighthype division starts here and now! All welcome. Who wants in?

ANYONE BUT ENGLAND!!!!!

Maxy
So Lloyd, are you jealous of our supremely gifted footballing nation then?

laugh.gif

Nah seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing who signs up.
Run and Gun Game Calls
England doesnt play football, they play that sissy assed foot hockey crap.........LMAO !!!!!!
Maxy
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 24 2010, 09:47 AM) *
England doesnt play football, they play that sissy assed foot hockey crap.........LMAO !!!!!!

Fuck me, you're hilarious. Can't believe the forum has survived in your absence.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 24 2010, 02:47 PM) *

Dont mistake my campaign for a campaign against football! It is my love of the beautiful game, the undisputed greatest game on the planet, that inspires the A.B.E.

not much point in gettin into it too much here cos myself, Fitz, Maxy and a couple of others have got into it, specially with DMarv on this subject before, so all i can really say is if trying to be the best at catch is your thing, toddle on over to the NFL thread, and the real football fans will keep there noses out and discuss the daddy of all sports in THIS thread
Mean Mister Mustard
Slovakia 3 Italy 2. Italians fought like madmen but this was Slovakia's night.

PR316
Goodbye Italy. Good riddance.

They didn't deserve to go this time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.