Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official South Africa World Cup 2010 thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 24 2010, 02:15 PM) *
A.B.E

Its time. I've held it on too long. The A.B.E fighthype division starts here and now! All welcome. Who wants in?

ANYONE BUT ENGLAND!!!!!

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 24 2010, 02:15 PM) *
A.B.E

Its time. I've held it on too long. The A.B.E fighthype division starts here and now! All welcome. Who wants in?

ANYONE BUT ENGLAND!!!!!

Count me in. The only good things England has is PG Tipps tea & Page 3 girls.
lloyd mayflower
Welcome aboard Stevenski. Glad to have you, you are a bona fide legend of the hating game, however, in this particular group pertaining to the auld enemy, I feel I probably have you outgunned! Seek out recruits. We must be strong for Sunday.

Vorsprung Durch EnglandWhippen!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 25 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Count me in. The only good things England has is PG Tipps tea & Page 3 girls & a road into Scotland

Fixed that for you mate.
Maxy
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 24 2010, 07:03 PM) *
Count me in. The only good things England has is PG Tipps tea & Page 3 girls.

Two more than has come out of Australia then, eh mate.

fuck.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 25 2010, 02:20 PM) *

fuck.gif

black eye.gif

Come on Fitz, where the fuck are you???? that should be enough for you to join my A.B.E movement. Stevenski is already in! We can have an alliance that transcends hemispheres!
ROLL DEEP
I still cannot believe Italy finished BOTTOM of their group!!

laugh.gif

Fucking New Zeland finished higher. NEW ZELAND! Don't they only have like one professional team in the country?!

Man, Slovakia, Paraguay and NZ beat them, hahaha. They're gonna get a serious ass whopping when they get home - the Italians LOVE their football and don't play.
PR316
Spain vs Chile up next. HUGE MATCH...
Run and Gun Game Calls
Wonder how many so called great players will be flopping in this match trying to get a cheap penelty kick. Lmao candy assed sport
Snoop
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 25 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Wonder how many so called great players will be flopping in this match trying to get a cheap penelty kick. Lmao candy assed sport

Ok now you're just being a pest.
Run and Gun Game Calls
lol ya a little bit, but you have to admit that flopping is ridiculas.
ROLL DEEP
I don't mind a good footie game - but the diving KILLS it for me.

I HATE it when a player dives to look for a foul. Hate it.
PR316
Here we are fellas. Knock out round.

Predictions..

Uruguay vs Korea- Uruguay

USA vs Ghana- USA

Holland vs Slovakia- Holland

Brazil vs Chile- Brazil

Argentina vs Mexico- Argentina

Germany vs England- Germany(Upset potential though because Germany look kind of shaky too)

Paraguay vs Japan- Japan

Spain vs Portugal- Spain

The last one is going to be an EPIC encounter. Ronaldo vs Villa. I think Spain's superior midfield get it done but it could go either way really.
Mean Mister Mustard
Uruguay has solid defense but they can botch it when it comes to finishing. Still, their advantage in the defensive department should see them through.

The USA have shown speed of play and good striking capabilities while Ghana, who are athletic, have had difficulty finding the net. I do not think this will be a repeat of their 2006 WC match.

Holland are superior to Slovakia but we know they were superior to Russia in the Euro championships and that didn't stop them from self imploding.

Chile's last match against Spain could have been won had it not been for some mistakes. I think they can go into the Brazil match with their chins held high knowing they hung in with Spain and that they have a shot against Brazil.

Mexico has quality but they have had difficulty scoring goals. Their defense seems shaky at times. Good news for Argentina who have shown some of the flashiest moves in the tournament but Mexico is no stranger and they have beaten the Argentinians in other tournaments. How will Maradonna react if his team finds itself behind on goals?

After trouncing Australia, Germany have not looked in tip top shape since but they do look much better than England who are either succumbing to the insane pressure of the media or were never that good to begin with.

I'm taking Paraguay over Japan. The Japanese looked flashy against Denmark but Paraguay have proven to be solid and will be a different animal.

Portugal showed some very good defense against Brazil and it is going to be tough for Spain, despite their firepower, to bypass it.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 25 2010, 02:20 PM) *

fuck.gif

We have Tim Tams which shit over anything England has ever offered the world.
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 26 2010, 02:45 AM) *
We have Tim Tams which shit over anything England has ever offered the world.

You just copied the Penguin.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 26 2010, 02:32 AM) *
Now that Australia is knocked out, my preference for the world cup is Chile then Argentina/Brazil and then any South American side. I am actually going for England from all the European countries

Not angry, just surprised, surprised and disappointed!

I know my antipodean A.B.E representative is moving to your neck of the woods, his first job must be to exorcise whatever England sympathising demon you have in you!

I returned to edit this post, in case you didnt notice, I removed the lol from your quote, cos i'm not fucking laughing!!!!
STEVENSKI
Death to the British!

lloyd mayflower
Feeling sorry for them is a mistake!!! Trust me! And dont get me started on that UK pish!

I only wish you had to listen to the same bullshit I have to listen to whenever I watch a world cup game. Not just their games, but every game gets turned into a pom pomming session for England!

I would be happy to back Chile, but financially, I already have an interest in Brazil, but I like Chile's hustle!
SmartyBeardo
Since the Italianos have been properly humiliated, I've gone A.B.B. (Anyone But Brazil). Go Chile.

And of course, I'm pulling for a victory for the USA today. Too bad it has to be over Ghana. I enjoy the way they attack, even if they have had a hard time putting it in the net.

I would enjoy seeing Mexico pull off the upset of Argentina.

JD
Lots of interesting matches...

Uruguay vs Korea- Uruguay (even though they ended up with a great draw)

USA vs Ghana- USA (scary match...imagine if they had Essien)

Holland vs Slovakia- Holland (happy to be there...soon will be gone)

Brazil vs Chile- Brazil (Chile could give them a scare, but it won't be enough)

Argentina vs Mexico- Argentina (curious to see Argentina play from behind...won't see it here)

Germany vs England- England (Germany is just not as good as we thought. Even with their issues, talent should prove to be the difference)

Paraguay vs Japan- Paraguay (Japan is fun to watch and have a good shot...but Paraguay is sound)

Spain vs Portugal- Spain (get ready for the Spain run...it's about to start)
PR316
Uruguay vs Korea to start in a matter of minutes. I actually have a feeling this match will be pretty entertaining.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jun 26 2010, 09:45 AM) *
Uruguay vs Korea to start in a matter of minutes. I actually have a feeling this match will be pretty entertaining.

I'm looking for a Korea win but if I wanted a strong team to advance to the quarters, I'd like it to be Uruguay.
lloyd mayflower
England winning on penalties???

Now it all becomes clear, whoever you are, STOP HACKING FITZ'S ACCOUNT!!!!!
Run and Gun Game Calls
I just wish the USA would go ahead and lose so our media would quit covering it. I was hoping the last game that would have ended in a tie. We wouldnt have made it out of group play. And would have gotten cheated out of 2 victories because of goals waved off, that in reality should have counted.

And all three games would have ended in a tie.....it would have been great.

It would have set soccer (a minor league sport in the USA) back 50 years. It would have been great!!!!

Oh well, lol
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 26 2010, 03:36 PM) *
I just wish the USA would go ahead and lose so our media would quit covering it. I was hoping the last game that would have ended in a tie. We wouldnt have made it out of group play. And would have gotten cheated out of 2 victories because of goals waved off, that in reality should have counted.

And all three games would have ended in a tie.....it would have been great.

It would have set soccer (a minor league sport in the USA) back 50 years. It would have been great!!!!

Oh well, lol

Maybe the USA media is finally realising the error of its ways and trying to catch up with the biggest best sport on the planet. Maybe you should do the same!
Run and Gun Game Calls
Noooooo, if that happenes some our our nations good athletes might actually start playing this abomination. Right now it picks up those who cant make it in other professional sports. And we cant have that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lloyd mayflower
I dont know how that can be. I dont see a similar sport with a similar skillset for players to transition into it
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 26 2010, 10:00 AM) *
Uruguay vs Korea - 2-0

USA vs Ghana - 1-0

Holland vs Slovakia - 1-1 (in penalties)

Brazil vs Chile - 3-1

[b]Argentina vs Mexico - 3-0[/b]

Germany vs England - 0-0 (in penalties)

Paraguay vs Japan - 2-1

Spain vs Portugal - 1-0

You might be underestimating Mexico.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 26 2010, 10:05 AM) *
You might be underestimating Mexico.

Replace "might be" with "are".
SmartyBeardo
It appears Uruguay will survive. . .

Just as I type this the South Koreans SCOOOOOOORRRE!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 26 2010, 08:34 AM) *
Lots of interesting matches...

Uruguay vs Korea- Uruguay (even though they ended up with a great draw)

USA vs Ghana- USA (scary match...imagine if they had Essien)

Holland vs Slovakia- Holland (happy to be there...soon will be gone)

Brazil vs Chile- Brazil (Chile could give them a scare, but it won't be enough)

Argentina vs Mexico- Argentina (curious to see Argentina play from behind...won't see it here)

Germany vs England- England (Germany is just not as good as we thought. Even with their issues, talent should prove to be the difference)

Paraguay vs Japan- Paraguay (Japan is fun to watch and have a good shot...but Paraguay is sound)

Spain vs Portugal- Spain (get ready for the Spain run...it's about to start)

It is deep into the 2nd half and tied 1-1 between Uruguay and South Korea. It looks like South Korea is wearing down the South Americans but this is what the World Cup KO round is all about.

This is a flat out dogfight.

Uruguay takes back momentum, attacking repeatedly. They score at the 80th. 2-1. SKorea is tough and courageous. You don't see their players taking dives. You have to respect the ROK infantry on any field of battle.

3 minutes stoppage time.

Uruguay prevails.

USA 2-1 (Ghana makes the Americans comeback once more)

Slovakia 2-1 (they continue their giant killing run)

Brazil 3-1 (unfortunately)

Mexico 3-2 (it won't be pretty, which is the way Mexico wants it)

England 3-2 (The lions awaken)

Paraguay 1-0 (though you have to appreciate Japan's pluck)

Portugal 4-2 (Spain joins their whining bitch, and arrogant bastard neighbors at home)

Of course, I am no futbol expert.

I will make this criticism and suggestion; the kissing sisters syndrome in the round robin phase is tedious. Brazil v Portugal was a snorefest abomination. Reminds me of T-Ball. "We don't want to keep score. Somebody's feelings might get hurt."

Americans like real fights, not pointless waltzes.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 26 2010, 11:29 AM) *
It is deep into the 2nd half and tied 1-1 between Uruguay and South Korea. It looks like South Korea is wearing down the South Americans but this is what the World Cup KO round is all about.

This is a flat out dogfight.

Uruguay takes back momentum, attacking repeatedly. They score at the 80th. 2-1. SKorea is tough and courageous. You don't see their players taking dives. You have to respect the ROK infantry on any field of battle.

3 minutes stoppage time.

Uruguay prevails.

USA 2-1 (Ghana makes the Americans comeback once more)

Slovakia 2-1 (they continue their giant killing run)

Brazil 3-1 (unfortunately)

Mexico 3-2 (it won't be pretty, which is the way Mexico wants it)

England 3-2 (The lions awaken)

Paraguay 1-0 (though you have to appreciate Japan's pluck)

Portugal 4-2 (Spain joins their whining bitch, and arrogant bastard neighbors at home)

Interesting to see someone who gives Mexico a chance. They have beaten Argentina before, although not in World Cup Tournaments.

This Uruguayan team is good enough to make it to the semis but they are a once in a generation team. They are lucky to have Forlan and Suarez because without them they would only be a defensive team. Then again, that's not fair to say. It's like the old argument that Tyson would not have been a good fighter had he not possesed concussive power. Either way something about Uruguay ticks me off but good for them for winning.
SmartyBeardo
USA looks a step slow and their ball control is really atrocious. 1-0 Ghana at the 27th.

Dempsey, Donovan. 1-1 in the 60th.

Another pitched battle to the end. 1-1 in the 83rd.

Ghana dominated the last 10 minutes.

Extra time.

Ghana in control 2-1. . . so far.

Corner. Probably USA's last chance. Ghana's defense has been excellent. Ours has been less than that . . . by a long shot. No legs left. But they are fighting to the finish. Shooting from all angles. Extra extra time. Two minutes. Americans pushing forward. Another miss.

Congratulations to Ghana. They deserve it.

Congrats to the Americans also. They fought to the bitter end. Wednesday was probably just too emotional for them. For us all.

Run and Gun Game Calls
I want to thank the US soccer team for losing today. now we will quit hearing about this crap for another 4 years.
Maxy
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 26 2010, 09:51 AM) *
Noooooo, if that happenes some our our nations good athletes might actually start playing this abomination. Right now it picks up those who cant make it in other professional sports. And we cant have that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't be arsed with a cunt like you but I gotta say you are one naive fuckin prick.
Run and Gun Game Calls
naive? I think not, soccer isnt a big deal here, and our best athletes play other sports. Thats a fact
PR316
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 26 2010, 07:23 PM) *
naive? I think not, soccer isnt a big deal here, and our best athletes play other sports. Thats a fact

Look its no big deal that you don't like the sport. But do you have to keep letting us know?

All that said, USA being out is unfortunate because they have consistently been one of the more entertaining sides to watch.

Looking forward to Argentina vs Mexico and England vs Germany tomorrow.
JD
I like Ghana over Uruguay.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 27 2010, 04:05 AM) *
I like Ghana over Uruguay.

I dont. They have done really well to get here but I think Uruguay will be a bridge too far for Ghana.
SmartyBeardo
I am now relegated to pure A.B.B. (Anyone But Brazil).

SKorea gave Uruguay all they could handle. Ghana could definitely take it to penalty kicks (or whatever the official term is for "we're tired let's get this over with").
JD
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 27 2010, 03:29 AM) *
I dont. They have done really well to get here but I think Uruguay will be a bridge too far for Ghana.

Uruguay has had an insanely easy path thus far.
SmartyBeardo
That was an amazing goal- Germany 1-0 20th.

Rooney has been the sloppiest man in the game so far.

The beauty of the ball control from both teams is night and day compared to the USA yesterday. Beautiful to watch.

Just an amazing lapse in defense by England. Not unlike Ghana's 2nd goal last night.

I'm calling it right now. Germany is the team to beat in this tourney. 2-0 in the 32nd. They are amazingly quick and accurate. I picked England to come alive, but the Germans have reawakened.

Germany is making England look like rugby players.

England scores in the 37th.

England scores again immediately! It is not allowed. Unfukingbelievable. This should be even. I'm all in for England now. They were burned a la the USA in the round robin. That is just horrid. The ultimate argument for replay.

England is showing stupendous heart taking back control. It is a sad situation.
rusty_trombone
wow, england just got robbed of a clear goal. it can't be any clearer than that, sorry brits.
JD
This officiating is making it hard to defend this sport to some of my unaware homies.

It is just horrible.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 27 2010, 10:43 AM) *
This officiating is making it hard to defend this sport to some of my unaware homies.

It is just horrible.

that's the way the world cup always is, for some reason these guys ref fine during their respective league play, the fifa turns them into blithering idiots
Mean Mister Mustard
Oh man, poor Brits. They better hope to win this in regulation time otherwise the pnealites will screw them up.
JD
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 27 2010, 10:49 AM) *
that's the way the world cup always is, for some reason these guys ref fine during their respective league play, the fifa turns them into blithering idiots

It's true.

They get on the big stage and forget what to do. They was so clearly a goal...I mean...how do you miss that?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 27 2010, 09:43 AM) *

It is just horrible.

It just makes no fing sense. That was a goal. Everyone in the world saw it. What the f is wrong with FIFA. This is the most retarded bullshit that I have ever seen in major sport.
Mean Mister Mustard
Fifa is a multi billion dollar entity. Once you get a sport organization that reaches that level of prominence you expect some shannanigans to occur. Remember back to Korea/Japan 2002 where some questionable calls were made to favor South Korea, which could have been resolved had they implemented instant replay. I'm not saying they absolutely refuse to use it just so they can fix games but it does seem to be an argument some people hold to have some merit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.