Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official South Africa World Cup 2010 thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Fitz
I watch the premier league the most as it's the most accessible down here. But BigG, PR is right. Get into the premier league or something. The actual level of soccer and entertainment is higher and like PR said, the World Cup is more the atmosphere and emotion. After you get into a side or the league, you branch out into watching sides play in other tournaments like the FA cup or Champions league which are played during the regular season.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 20 2010, 09:45 PM) *
I watch the premier league the most as it's the most accessible down here. But BigG, PR is right. Get into the premier league or something. The actual level of soccer and entertainment is higher and like PR said, the World Cup is more the atmosphere and emotion. After you get into a side or the league, you branch out into watching sides play in other tournaments like the FA cup or Champions league which are played during the regular season.

yeah, i didn't mean that he shouldn't watch the leagues, I was just giving PR shit. You should watch the leagues BigG, especially big games and always try and catch a derby match. No matter how shitty the teams are, derby(inter-city rivals) matches are always fucking great.
PR316
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 20 2010, 09:21 PM) *
"or even Serie A." At least the teams are competitive with each other in Serie A, it's not just Barcelona and Madrid kicking the shit out of a bunch of shitbags. Same for Premier League, I don't know why La Liga even exists, the only games the count are the 2 between Barca and Real. They should just play each other every week, and the other dicks can just stay home.

Bashing the Italian league, you dick. I would rather watch Bundesliga than La Liga.

Seriously though, if you want to watch the best and most exciting football in the world George, watch UEFA Champions League, you can see every game in the States now.

LOL!!!!... Getting sensitive I see. cray.gif Naw just messing with you.

Not bashing Serie A at all.

Last year it started off good but died down towards the end. Only two teams were in it from beginning to end and they were Inter and Roma. There were some nice matches there but it hasn't been at its best for a long time.

Last year, La Liga was not very competitive I agree. But 2 years ago it was at least towards the middle of the season. In 2006-2007 when Madrid won it, it was a 4 horse race throughout from beginning to end with Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, and Sevilla in it till the end. And before that, it was always competitive and exciting.

EPL last year was similar to La Liga with only 2 teams looking likely to win it, but the norm is that its always very tight with the big 4, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

Hoping the leagues are more competitive this year.

Maxy
The EPL is the most exciting to WATCH even though it has basically been a two horse race for the last few seasons. However, I'm expecting all that to change this year with Man City coming into the frame, because of their millions, and even Tottenham making another push for top 4. Everton are another side who could make the top 4 so for me it will be extremely competitive this year.

We'll have United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man City and Everton all fighting it out for a top 4 finish and I genuinely believe we can expect a great season in 10/11.
PR316
Well it looks like Vidic is staying, having signed a 4 year extension with United. Good for them he's an awesome defender on his day.

The Fabregas saga goes on. I look at this one way and ONE WAY only.

I have no doubt that Arsenal wants to keep Cesc. However, I do believe that if Fabregas plants himself firm and hands in a transfer request, they will grant it to him just as long as Barca pay at least 40 million which would probably be about 45-50 million range if it goes through.

The ball is in Cesc's court. If he wants it, I think he'll get it.
Maxy
Yeah pleased to know we are keeping hold of Vidic. Would have been a serious worry if we'd let him go, especially with Rio missing the first 6 weeks of the season, and continuously suffering from his long standing back problems. I'm still concerned that as yet we haven't made a move for a central midfielder. I think it is absolutely imperative that we sign someone creative. At present we have the crocked Hargreaves and Anderson, Scholes and Giggs who are both in their twilight years, Darren Fletcher (our best midfielder but lacks creativity) and the young Darren Gibson...oh and Michael Carrick who appears to have completely lost his way. Definitely not a championship winning central midfield.

Fabregas is torn between his loyalty for Wenger and his love for Barcelona. I've heard reports that he won't ask for a transfer out of respect for Arsenal and Wenger but that he does want the move. I suppose if Arsenal do recieve the money they are after they will reluctantly allow Fabregas his move but Wenger is stubborn and he will make sure he gets every penny he thinks Cesc is worth.

Looking forward to the new season, no doubt about it. Just waiting to see who makes all the big moves. It's been a quiet summer on the transfer front this year apart from Man City who now have way too many players and must offload several of them, especially with the new rule coming into affect whereby you can only register 25 players per club over the age of 21.
PR316
^^^^Now what would really turn this transfer window upside down is if Man United were to do something crazy and bid for Cesc Fabregas!... Lol....

Creative midfielder who can play box to box, right MAXY??...

I don't think it would happen. Wenger would be too smart to sell to one of his rivals. I know there's respect and friendship with him and Ferguson, but thats just not a realistic proposition.
lloyd mayflower
I only heard about that new rule after reading your post Maxy, have since heard a bit more about it on sky. Seems to me that Man U and Arsenal will be ok as they are, Man City and Chelsea will have a bit of thinking to do. Is that accurate?
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 27 2010, 06:18 AM) *
I only heard about that new rule after reading your post Maxy, have since heard a bit more about it on sky. Seems to me that Man U and Arsenal will be ok as they are, Man City and Chelsea will have a bit of thinking to do. Is that accurate?

Call me a saddo if you like but I play Football manager and have struggled with that damn rule, haha.

City have a shed load of players over 21 - way too many to fit them all in under the new rules so they will be offloading a few. Chelsea aren't in such a bad situation but still have too many players...

After losing to Kansas the other day I am pleased to say we beat the MLS All stars last night...not that it means anything though because any all star side isn't going to have the cohesion of a proper team. Still, I've got massive hopes for Javier Hernandez...he reminds me of a young Michael Owen.

Lloyd, who do you support again?
lloyd mayflower
I support Falkirk. Were down in the first division this year so a battle to get out.

I used to lose days of my life on champ man so i'll be calling no one sad!
PR316
Of all the EPL clubs, I've only seen Liverpool and Man City make MAJOR MOVES... City in particular signing, Silva, Yaya Toure, Boateng, and Kolarov. Liverpool have signed Joe Cole, and Chelsea have Benayoun now, and I guess they're trying to get Torres but that won't happen.

Arsenal have signed one player..... Cesc Fabregas has to be DYING to get out of there no matter how much he loves his club and how much he wants to be loyal. They have essentially the same squad as last year. Unless one of United or Chelsea get significantly WORSE, they have no chance at winning anything and they may not even beat Liverpool for 3rd this year.

In the Spanish league I'm curious as to whom will emerge in 3rd place. All of Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal, and Pathetico Madrid will be there looking to take it. And any of them are capable. Barca and Real have the first two places locked, but from 3rd on down, I don't think anything is safe and secure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.