Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@ 6PM(PT), 8PM(CT), 9PM9ET)-Vasquez-Marquez IV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments on (hopefully) another war tonight! Vasquez-Marquez IV. Keep all on-going action and post-fight reactions in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
chat room guys!!!!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is going to be one of the most action packed cards of the year. I've finally caught the buzz for Vazquez-Marquez, and it's going to be a battle. Vazquez is going to stop him in the middle rounds of another bloody war. I got Mares by a close decision as well.
salvador
j
salvador
Beautiful fight from both guys. Both guys taking risks and both guys throwing short accurate shots when needed.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What an awesome fight that was. Mares started out strong, but Perez really took it too him the middle rounds. He had Mares on his bike, and it seemed Mares was on his way out of there. However, Mares caught a 2nd win in the 9th round, and just took it to Perez. He really looked sharper in those later rounds, but both guys fought hard. I had it 115-113 for Mares, but there were a few close rounds in there. I'd love to see a rematch, and have the rematch be a main event. It was a solid scrap, and a draw isn't the worst decision ever.
The CEO
Top notch fight...that Mares WON.

I think a Draw is a very unfair result....

Mares clearly outthought and outboxed Perez....he had an excellent fight plan and was very smart in there...I felt he did more than enough to take it from the Champion...
caneman
How do I get into chat? I can see it yet can't get in?!?! HELP please
caneman
How do I get into chat? I can see it yet can't get in?!?! HELP please
BigG
-I had Mares winning 8-4....BOTH guys looked good...but it was even going into the 10th and Mares took over from there.

-Marquez looked really good and Vazquez needs to retire. He's had a very good career but his eyes are fucked. Thank you for all the wars Izzy.
Imperius3
115-113 for Mares. I thought it was close but clear. You could argue a draw though, so no complaints from me.

Marquez is still an excellent boxer. He still looks fairly fresh too considering his age and wars. I bet I'll get some flack for this, but I think Marquez could also beat Gamboa and Juanma.

Vazquez still has gas left in him too, but his eyes are questionable. Still...he was cut in his last fight against Priolo, and that fight was only 5 months ago. I think that his eye was still sensitive from that fight, and that's why he cut so easily in this one. It usually takes Vazquez a couple of rounds to get going, but the cuts prevented that from happening this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th fight, but Vazquez needs to take some time off (at least 8 months) to rest his eyes. I don't think Marquez should wait that long. There are other fights to be made for him like I said above.
tymoney
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ May 22 2010, 11:25 PM) *
115-113 for Mares. I thought it was close but clear. You could argue a draw though, so no complaints from me.

Marquez is still an excellent boxer. He still looks fairly fresh too considering his age and wars. I bet I'll get some flack for this, but I think Marquez could also beat Gamboa and Juanma.

Vazquez still has gas left in him too, but his eyes are questionable. Still...he was cut in his last fight against Priolo, and that fight was only 5 months ago. I think that his eye was still sensitive from that fight, and that's why he cut so easily in this one. It usually takes Vazquez a couple of rounds to get going, but the cuts prevented that from happening this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th fight, but Vazquez needs to take some time off (at least 8 months) to rest his eyes. I don't think Marquez should wait that long. There are other fights to be made for him like I said above.

No flack over here, I think Marquez can beat Gamboa and Juanma. I havent seen too much of Juanma, but I do know that Gamboa will never beat a good boxer that can take a punch.. Marquez would hand him his ass easy imo.

I wouldnt mind seeing a 5th fight but Vazquez eyes are done. He already had 3 surgeries and going on his 4th, I dont think he needs to put his eyes in any more danger. Physically he probably has a few more good fights left in him but at this point in his career I think he should just go head and sit down. Its been a great career retire before you do some permanent damage. Overall great night in boxing!
kidbazooka1
Mares got screwed i thought he clearly deserved the decision true the fight was close but Mares landed the better shots. Perez is as tough as they come probably the toughest comp at the weight for Mares.

I thought Marquez would win but not in the fashio nthat he did it's pretty clear now that marquez has alot more left in the tank than Vasquez who might wanna think about hanging them up he's had a great career and will be a future HOF once his times comes.

I would like Marquez/Lopez now that fight would be a back n forth war i know most will favor the younger Lopez but Marquez has the power and experiernce to make it a classic.

No need for Marquez/Darchinyan Rafael would kill that lil f*ck.
Jack 1000
I had Perez-Mares for Mares 115-113. The draw was fine. Anywhere from a draw to a 2-point swing for either fighter was acceptable. I wasn't comfortable with Eugenia Williams as a judge, but as Holyfield-Lewis I was so long ago, and have seen no bad scoring from her since, she was logical tonight with her scoring.

Vasquez needs to retire. With those bleeding eyes he could have serious vision consequences that could lead to blindness if he chooses to continue. The eyes have always been a serious concern. His body may take a 5th fight, but his face will not.

Jack
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 23 2010, 02:04 AM) *
I had Perez-Mares for Mares 115-113. The draw was fine. Anywhere from a draw to a 2-point swing for either fighter was acceptable. I wasn't comfortable with Eugenia Williams as a judge, but as Holyfield-Lewis I was so long ago, and have seen no bad scoring from her since, she was logical tonight with her scoring.

Vasquez needs to retire. With those bleeding eyes he could have serious vision consequences that could lead to blindness if he chooses to continue. The eyes have always been a serious concern. His body may take a 5th fight, but his face will not.

Jack

Well put Jack im sure Vasquez has the desire to compete with Marquez but his eyes won't hold up anymore i really hope he calls it quits after tonight but i highly doubt a fighter like Vasquez will give it up that easly.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ May 22 2010, 11:25 PM) *

Marquez can do more than just bang like his older brother his skills can always back him up if needed but his heart always seems to get in the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.