Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing "What if" game
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Douchebag
So this is how the game goes.

1. Someone will change the outcome or the events of a certain fight or a situation in a fighters life.

2. Someone else will post the result of that change and then put up there own scenario with the same fighter or another fighter.

I'll start.

What if Marvin Haggler would have got the not against Leonard?
STEVENSKI
He would have retired & been even more feted than he already is.

What if Jeff Fenech did not get robbed against Azumah Nelson & became a 4 division undefeated champion?
Spyder
No one would know his name still... laugh.gif

What would've become of Mike Tyson if Cus D'Amato and Jim Jacobs were still alive?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Spyder @ May 24 2010, 10:48 AM) *
No one would know his name still... laugh.gif

What would've become of Mike Tyson if Cus D'Amato and Jim Jacobs were still alive?

OUCH Spyder! He is still a greater fighter than Mayweather anyway. His record is impressive with names like Coffee, Zaragoza, McCrory, Payakaroon, Zarate, Callejas & Villesana on his resume.

Tyson would have been a much more diciplined & balanced fighter but I don't think anything would stop him from imploding sometime in the future.

How much greater would Benny Leonard be if he had not retired in his prime & lost 7 years?
SENTRAL
What if Mark Breland lived up to his amateur potential?

What if Zab Judah was allowed to carry on in the Tszyu fight?

What if Mike Tyson had 30 more seconds to finish Buster Douglas in Tokyo?

What if we lived in a world where there was only one champ per division and negotiations NEVER stopped the best fights happening like they should?
Hops
What if rules are strictly enforced in boxing? Example: no hugging unless hurt.
thehype
What if Manny Pacquiao didn't use PEDs?

laugh.gif

My bad, my bad...I kid, I kid...

laugh.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 24 2010, 10:51 AM) *
What if Mike Tyson had 30 more seconds to finish Buster Douglas in Tokyo?

Forget the 30 seconds. Just an appropriate count would have counted Douglas out. Still, had he won that fight, Holyfield would have beaten him. After Kevin Rooney was gone, Tyson was never the same. I don't recall Kevin ever putting a water-filled condom on Mike's head in the corner. Just sayin'.

What if Aaron Pryor hadn't destroyed himself with drugs, and would have gotten his chance to beat Ray Leonard? Talk about TWO careers changed forever...
Hops

He would have invented another move. It would have been called "Triple Judah."
oozemcbuck
I think Tyson would've never hung out with Tupac if D' Amato was still alive.

What if Floyd would've won the gold instead of bronze ? What if Oscar would've won bronze or silver instead of gold ?
Box in Hand
What if Shane would've finished the job in round 2 against Mayweather?

Douchebag
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 24 2010, 12:34 PM) *

He would be top 10 ATG and Pac Man would be scared shitless right about now.

What if Margarito would not have loaded his gloves with bricks against Cotto?
HaydelHammer
- What if Benn vs McClellan was fought in the US?

- What if Pavlik laid off the bottle?

- What if Cintron didn't leap out of the ring?

- What if the bricks in Margarito gloves were never found?
Maxy
What if the people responsible for rushing McClellan back to America had heeded the advice of the top surgeon who warned them it would have dire consequences?

What if PPV was scrapped and all boxing, however huge the event, took place on free TV?

What if Lloyd Honeyghan hadn't beaten Don Curry and the fight everyone wanted to see (at that time) was made.....Hagler-Curry
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 24 2010, 01:52 PM) *
What if the people responsible for rushing McClellan back to America had heeded the advice of the top surgeon who warned them it would have dire consequences?

What if the referee responsible for allowing Benn to constantly rabbit punch McClellan in the back of the head didn't exist?

GARCIA
What if ROY JONES would of RETIRED after winning the HeavyWeight Title??
Box in Hand
What if Sweet Pea got the nod over De La Hoya in their fight? I had Sweet Pea winning.
Mean Mister Mustard
Thread has been derailed.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 24 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Thread has been derailed.

it lasted like two posts. LOL
Maxy
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 24 2010, 02:20 PM) *
What if the referee responsible for allowing Benn to constantly rabbit punch McClellan in the back of the head didn't exist?

It was a brutal barbaric fight....one of the very best fights I have ever seen. The tragic ending means it's not a fight many talk about.

The ref was terrible but the outcome should have been prevented. Also it is well documented that McClellan had warning signs before the fight and it was apparent from round two that things were not right with him.

But don't want to kill the thread so I'm out.
kidbazooka1

He would have just gotten KTFO in the 3rd rd.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2010, 09:07 PM) *
What if Oscar got the decision against Trinidad?

There would have been an immediate rematch at 154 and Tito would have won.

What if Manny would have fought Marquez a third time at 135 for the undisputed title?
Hops
Fitz, this game is so complex that people have no way of not ruining it.

Asking just one question will require some sort of a tree-like answer... with branches denoting fights and outcomes. Hagler winning may have one significant consequence but some fights whose outcomes are changed... we're looking at another dimension here.
Hops
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 25 2010, 01:20 AM) *
Hard to say, I imagine the fight wouldn't have been much different, probably just another close one. I personally don't think too much would have changed for that fight and after that fight.

What if Pacquiao vs DLH never happened? Where would Pacquiao be now? Would he have moved onto 147, or would he still be at around 135-140?

I agree with the first statement. Same outcome for the third fight.

If Pac vs DLH never happened, then Floyd wouldn't have demanded any blood tests and is now in retirement again because he got KTFOed.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 24 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Hard to say, I imagine the fight wouldn't have been much different, probably just another close one. I personally don't think too much would have changed for that fight and after that fight.

What if Pacquiao vs DLH never happened? Where would Pacquiao be now? Would he have moved onto 147, or would he still be at around 135-140?

Pac would be fighting at 140, where he belongs, and the division would rule boxing.

What if Ali had fought Ellis and Mathis before taking on Smokin' Joe?
Hops
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 25 2010, 01:50 AM) *
Pac would be fighting at 140, where he belongs, and the division would rule boxing.

What if Ali had fought Ellis and Mathis before taking on Smokin' Joe?

He would be much more confident and gotten knocked down again.
STEVENSKI
It would have made no difference whatsoever to the beating Joe dished out. Unless you think Mathis & Ellis resemble Frazier in any way shape or form.

What if Ali vs Frazier had a competant referee who did not allow Ali to initiate 200+ clinches in their second fight?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 24 2010, 09:53 PM) *
It would have made no difference whatsoever to the beating Joe dished out. Unless you think Mathis & Ellis resemble Frazier in any way shape or form.

What if Ali vs Frazier had a competant referee who did not allow Ali to initiate 200+ clinches in their second fight?

First of all, if Ali would have fought Ellis and Mathis first, Frazier would have probably made the mistake of facing Foreman and that would have been the end of it. If not, Ali would have had four fights and considerably more rounds under his belt before getting in the ring with Frazier. It would have made the difference in a decision.

Using the prevalent thinking by you and most on this thread, a different referee wouldn't have changed a motherfuckin' thing.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 24 2010, 10:03 PM) *
First of all, if Ali would have fought Ellis and Mathis first, Frazier would have probably made the mistake of facing Foreman and that would have been the end of it. If not, Ali would have had four fights and considerably more rounds under his belt before getting in the ring with Frazier. It would have made the difference in a decision.

Using the prevalent thinking by you and most on this thread, a different referee wouldn't have changed a motherfuckin' thing.

Don't argue with him... he HATES Ali. His opinion on Ali means jack shit.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (GARCIA @ May 24 2010, 02:29 PM) *
What if ROY JONES would of RETIRED after winning the HeavyWeight Title??

He would have one loss with an *. He would be remembered as one of the very greatest boxers of all time by most and a GOAT by many, while some haters would claim he never really fought anyone.

What if Rocky Marciano had not retired?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 24 2010, 01:52 PM) *
What if PPV was scrapped and all boxing, however huge the event, took place on free TV?

That is an excellent question.

We wouldn't get to see and hear as much of what happens in the corners (or of the ring girls) thanks to the necessity of selling that time to advertisers.

It might actually lead to greater restrictions or even bans on professional boxing, do to perceived negative effects on the public.

What fights would have had different outcomes if title fights were still 15 rounds?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ May 24 2010, 01:19 PM) *
- What if Cintron didn't leap out of the ring?

I think he may well have deposited PWill in The Land of Twitch.

What if Felix Savon had been allowed to turn professional and train under Angelo Dundee or another great pro trainer after his 2nd Olympic Gold?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Conscience @ May 24 2010, 01:03 PM) *
What if Margarito would not have loaded his gloves with bricks against Cotto?

Team Pac would have never gone near him.

What if Marquez would have been awarded the decision in the 2nd Pac fight?

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 24 2010, 02:40 PM) *
What if Sweet Pea got the nod over De La Hoya in their fight? I had Sweet Pea winning.

He would have found a bit of peace.

What if Sweet Pea would have got the victory he was robbed of against Chavez?
SmartyBeardo
What if we lived in a world where there was only one champ per division and negotiations NEVER stopped the best fights happening like they should?

I'd open my eyes to be battered by them bodacious tah-tahs. Damn, it didn't work.

What if nobody ever got the chance to play Come In Rangoon with them udders?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ May 24 2010, 08:22 PM) *
He would have one loss with an *. He would be remembered as one of the very greatest boxers of all time by most and a GOAT by many, while some haters would claim he never really fought anyone.

What if Rocky Marciano had not retired?

He would have eventually met a slick boxer who would have exposed him.

What if Bernard Hopkins had stayed at Light Heavyweight after his first loss?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
What if the ref would have stopped the first Pacquiao-Marquez fight after the 3rd knockdown in the 1st round?

What if Chop Chop Corley finishes the job back in 05 against Cotto?

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 24 2010, 12:34 PM) *

You wouldn't be looking at this gay ass sig I got.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 25 2010, 03:04 AM) *
You wouldn't be looking at this gay ass sig I got.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
By far the funniest thing I've heard all day.

What if Hopkins would have lost to Trinidad? Would the Jones vs. Trinidad fight have been made?

What if Cotto would have fought Floyd at 140?

What if Corey Spinks would have beat Jermaine Taylor?

Off subject....remember when the heavyweight champ was considered the baddest man on the planet? You just don't get that sense of fear when thinking about encountering a Klitschko in a back alley.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ May 25 2010, 07:15 AM) *
Off subject....remember when the heavyweight champ was considered the baddest man on the planet? You just don't get that sense of fear when thinking about encountering a Klitschko in a back alley.

Either way you are getting fisted

Blee Dat!
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ May 25 2010, 05:20 AM) *
Either way you are getting fisted

Blee Dat!

laugh.gif
King Eugene
What if James Toney stayed at 168?

What if James Toney beat Roy?

What if Iran Barkley didn't beat Hearns and Hearns went on to fight Toney?

What if Roy would have accepted Hearn's challenge after the Eric Lucas fight?

What if Hearn's would have stopped Hagler in the first?

Damnit Hearn's has way too many what ifs.

What if Hearn's would have KO'd Duran? Oh...nevermind.
Spyder
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ May 24 2010, 11:51 PM) *
What if Bernard Hopkins had stayed at Light Heavyweight after his first loss?

He would've become one of Roy's butcher, baker, and candlestick maker mandatories.
Maxy
What if Hearns had a fantastic chin?
Hops
What if this this thread wasn't posted?

What if Ali was killed in duty?
streetlion1
Would Miguel Cotto had got his shot at Floyd Mayweather if Margacheato didnt have loaded wraps and Crackiao wasnt on P.E.D.s?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Hops @ May 25 2010, 08:24 AM) *
What if Ali was killed in duty?

Good thing he didn't fall for it.
Hittman25
what if floyd fought everybody with out the public demading it!
PR316
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ May 25 2010, 09:39 AM) *
Would Miguel Cotto had got his shot at Floyd Mayweather if Margacheato didnt have loaded wraps and Crackiao wasnt on P.E.D.s?

For sure.

But sadly, Cotto would have gotten a terrible beating at the hands of PBF. Too slow and lacks head movement.
Tha Docta
What if floyds mom had swallowed Floyd Sr's load?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.